It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU AT LAST?? Brazilian Astronomer claims have found rogue planet hidden behind Neptune.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Also another thing I don't see mentioned ever is the possibility that "If the ancient Mesopotamians created reliefs depicting a dozen or so celestial objects", we could be incorrectly assuming they are all planets.

Exactly. However we don't even need to go into apparent magnitudes. Mesopotamian cultures used different symbols to represent stars and planets. The cylinder seal that supposedly shows twelve planets only contains the symbols that were used for stars.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A few days ago, an alien being named Soltro-6 came to me in my study and told me he was from Nibiru. We drank coffee and played pool together. He explained that Nibiru is actually a living being and can move about in any direction at will. It also has giant bio-mechanical solar "wings" which is how it draws energy from the Sun. He told me his race live in the core of Nibiru and have merged their consciousness with the planet, they are now a hive-mentality species like the Borg from Star Trek. He told me Nibiru is currently cloaked to avoid detection and that they will return soon to make contact with Earth's only intelligent species....elephants.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Wow.... Really good investigative work and had you not had an open mind to what you may find and or connect then this post would be void.

Yeah I didn't really have any idea what I would find. Once I started finding some things I started making connections and googling further upon those connections.

Then I went back and asked myself the "What about the dozen celestial objects depicted in the reliefs?", after looking into the etymology issues, and it occurred to me the app mag was a reasonable explanation, although it isn't for certain by any means it is simply a possibility that is on the table until further information can discount it.

I don't want to go too far off topic but before I take off for a bit I will link this last wiki I was reading:
Dagon (mythology) which is closely associated with Zeus in various instances. The connotations with grain and fish are interesting especially when combined with Zeus as it can reveal just how much these mythological systems evolve and diverge over time.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Also another thing I don't see mentioned ever is the possibility that "If the ancient Mesopotamians created reliefs depicting a dozen or so celestial objects", we could be incorrectly assuming they are all planets.

Exactly. However we don't even need to go into apparent magnitudes. Mesopotamian cultures used different symbols to represent stars and planets. The cylinder seal that supposedly shows twelve planets only contains the symbols that were used for stars.

Thank you I was unaware of this. I will look into this further.
Thanks for the heads up.

Oh and another thought, do you know if anyone pinpointed if it was a possible known constellation?
Here is a link to former constellations from history, just in case it doesn't match up with any present constellations very well. If it doesn't match any of these than that's fine, it was just a hypothesis worth investigating in order to unravel further detail.
edit on 15-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why are we even debating this subject still? The founding of this "planet" was based off of nothing more than speculation and mathematical calculations. There has been no sighting of this planet or backing proof other than one man's word and numbers. Men are wrong, numbers are wrong. That's what being human is all about, being wrong. This isn't the mythical Nibiru (which doesn't exist because it is just impossible for it to in the current standings) because it does not fit the bill. It is not coming from the place that the "real" Nibiru is supposedly coming from for one, and for two I thought Nibiru was supposed to be a brown dwarf star? You all change your stories quite a bit, don't you?

Phage: Thank you for trying to bring sense and logic back even though they're closing their ears and minds to you like they always do.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I saw this on the MSM also, and I really believe that that the Ancient Alien- Nibiru nay sayers are simply out-done.

This does not prove that Sitchin's Nibiru exists any more than it proves Lovecraft's Yuggoth or Verne's Olympus exist. That there may be planets beyond Neptune should be no surprise (in fact, other astronomers proposed a gas-giant may lay at 15,000 AU, naming it Tyche. We still know little about the Keiper Belt and have nowhere near cataloged every object there. However, nothing here suggests the hypothetical planet proposed by Gomes is anything like Sitchin's world.

Originally posted by ButterCookie
They would love nothing more than to debunk the Ancient Alien theory because...

Or 3) They look at the evidence and draw a conclusion that there were no ancient aliens nor is there a Nibiru.

And, even of such people as 1 and 2 do exist, their religiosity or skepticism do not make them wrong.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I find it amazing that they are now finally admitting to it.

Don't you?

When everyone said nooooooooooooooooooooo....

Facepalm....................

What even more STUPID is that you think what you have written is true

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You cannot disprove the vague overgeneralized "did aliens intervene in our past", you can only prove it, if it is provable at all.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence after all.

Instead what we are left with are antinomies and 'catch-22s'.
We would either have to break the laws of physics and go "back in time" *which probably doesn't exist* to carefully watch over eons of time looking for absolute evidence of et intervention.

Or we would have to have the actual aliens come down and show us holographic data recordings of their interventions and any other evidence materials they may have. Which hasn't happened for me yet at least.

Oh and even if an alien landed right now, it wouldn't prove they were involved in our past. Other species could have been the real ones involved and this one is misidentified/impostor. We would need specific evidence to back up specific claims directly.

Also we have the problem of falsified evidence, either mistakenly or fraudulently. So we need to continually dig in order to cross-reference things to double and triple check if they are indeed correct. Multiple evidences can expose and unseat a falsified evidence, however the process is time consuming and complex.

Another difficult aspect of the process is being able to recognize something as false, because often times we "believe" certain things or "assume", and this prevents us from accepting a contradictory or entirely differing viewpoint or perspective.

With the Internet, we do take things for granted and make gross assumptions. I am even assuming that!
So since we are fallible it is prudent to plan for the inevitable and await further evidence that will prove things true (within circumstantial limitation) which we had not anticipated or given appreciation for.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmeup04

Our solar system formed from a planetary nebula, this is accepted by pretty much anyone with half a brain. The planets formed from what was left our when our sun formed.

as for not noticed a 13 meter asteriod is well because its 13 meters, not a very signifcant asteriod. As for nibiru being real or even another planet in our solar system, its impossible scientists recalculated the size of Neptune once the voyeger space craft made its fly by. A planet as large as stated with a elongated orbit would be jettisonded out of our solar system after a period of time.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Over the years I've gone from thinking the Nibiru theory is plausible but lacking proof to thinking it's extremely unlikely, when I say "Nibiru theory" I specifically mean the idea that a planet enters the inner solar system every 3600 years or so and is on a highly elliptical orbit. Obviously there are other theories like what if there are other planets way out there in the Kuiper belt but that's not what I'm on about.

My question is, if the period of 3600 years is right then do we have a latest possible 'return date' calculated, and can we agree that the theory is bunk if it hasn't come back by then?

I remember when it was definitely 2003 (Nancy Lieder et al) which it wasn't, then definitely 2012 which it can't be as it's too late for it not to be naked eye visible by now. (am I right on that? not an expert)

So is there a last date, hopefully soon?, I'd hate to think that even in 50 years time I'll log on to whatever passes for the internet by then to find the same people still screaming that "it's coming next year, honestly this time we have pictures"

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

It's all one verse (the fifth tablet). It's about the creation of the heavens.
That you wish to cherry pick it demonstrates how your "outside the box" thinking works.

edit on 5/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I don't see it as a "creation myth" I see it as reporting how Marduk organized the positions and orbits of the solar system possibly to let the Anunnaki on Earth be aware of any impending impacts or things as such.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by lightmeup04

What we know is that all celestial objects adhere to Newtonian physics. As a result we can make extremely accurate models of what would occur if a planet entered the inner solar system every 3600 years. First, an eccentric orbit such as the one proposed for Nibiru would be impossible to maintain for any extended period of time. Second, despite that, we also know that if such a planet existed it would throw the orbits of the known planets into chaos. There would be no way that they would be as stable as they are. There's a reason that every hypothetical planet has a proposed orbit that never enters the inner solar system. It would be physically impossible.

what did Newton know about Type II civilizations?

en.wikipedia.org...

"Type II civilization methods

A Dyson sphere or Dyson swarm and similar constructs are hypothetical megastructures originally described by Freeman Dyson as a system of orbiting solar power satellites meant to completely enclose a star and capture most or all of its energy output.[14]
Perhaps a more exotic means to generate usable energy would be to feed a stellar mass into a black hole, and collect photons emitted by the accretion disc.[15][16] Less exotic would be simply to capture photons already escaping from the accretion disc, reducing a black hole's angular momentum; known as the Penrose process.
Star lifting is a process where an advanced civilization could remove a substantial portion of a star's matter in a controlled manner for other uses.
Anti-matter is likely to be produced as an industrial byproduct of a number of megascale engineering processes (such as some of the Star Lifting above) And therefore could be recycled.
In multiple-star systems of a sufficiently large number of stars, absorbing a small but significant fraction of the output of each individual star.
White Holes theoretically, if they exist, could provide large amounts of energy from collecting the matter propelling outwards.
Gamma-Ray Bursts are another exotic theoretically possible way for a highly advanced civilization to utilize as a power source.
"

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I saw planet niburu with my own telescope so it true and real.

Stop bittering careless word, that make no sense

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo
Theoretically if you have advanced technology why couldn't you build a planet ship? Prove it doesn't exist.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnoah2012
I saw planet niburu with my own telescope so it true and real.

Stop bittering careless word, that make no sense

If you think about it too a lot of the disinformation says that 1000s of amateur astronomers would of seen it but if your an amateur astronomer and you see something in the sky your not sure about you call up the big guys and ask what it is so say for example venus we keep seeing in the night sky could be planet x

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

Except that it is right where Venus is supposed to be.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
just marking for a read when i have time

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Except that it is right where Venus is supposed to be.

What planet x is?

I was saying to my dad on the phone the other day that I have been seeing venus a hell of a lot lately I have no idea if this has anything to do with the year we are in or anything but usually you see venus in the very early morning sky in summer time here

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You should learn some astronomy.

You don't "usually" see Venus in the morning sky at any particular time of year. It's a planet. Planets move in the sky. The times they are visible are not tied to the seasons like the stars are.

You will continue to see Venus in the evening for a week or so. It will not be visible again until the end of June when it will be visible in the morning sky.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join