It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU AT LAST?? Brazilian Astronomer claims have found rogue planet hidden behind Neptune.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

You should learn some astronomy.

You don't "usually" see Venus in the morning sky at any particular time of year. It's a planet. Planets move in the sky. The times they are visible are not tied to the seasons like the stars are.

You will continue to see Venus in the evening for a week or so. It will not be visible again until the end of June when it will be visible in the morning sky.

Thanks for the astronomy lesson ^_^ Well you see venus in the early morning sky here during last summer thats all I know

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Nibiru does not exist, sorry. You'll have a better chance waking up with Bigfoot, just saying.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

If he's correct, this could be the astronomical find that finally corroborates the translations of Sumerians tablets made by Zecharia Sitchin. The intriguing part is how this object is keeping itself hidden from Earth telescopes... Perhaps it's not really a planet... Perhaps it's artificial in nature...

1- Ancient Sumerian Dictionaries - PROVE SITCHIN IS NO EXPERT OF ANY KIND REGARDING SUMERIAN TEXTS AND DELIBERATELY MAKING IT UP AS HE GOES ALONG.

2- THERE ARE NO TEXTS ANYWHERE THAT SAY THE THINGS THAT SITCHIN CLAIMS.

Dude, seriously forget about Sitchin. Just answer how Hindu people have two 4,000 yo aeronautics treaties, named Vaimanika Sastra and Samarangana Sutradhara depicting aircrafts named "Vimanas", piloted by "space-gods", with details about the type of metal used in the hull, fuel, range flight, onboard weapons, crew capabilities and stuff like that?? Also a whole rich ancient literature describing massive wars between "sky-gods" using nuke devices and aerial vehicles and accurate depictions of a frigging nuclear fallout??

You know, all naysayers concentrate their fire power upon Sitchin and forget the scriptures left by other ancient civilizations, besides Sumerians, reporting the same "star-gods" such as the Mayan Popol Vuh that depicts bearded caucasian-like "gods" identical to the Anunnaki, as well as ancient Asian texts reporting "dragon-emperors" coming from the sky.

No matter how much you hate the ancient-alien theory or how much scholars claim that Sitchin mistranslated cuneiform tablets, because there are other scriptures from multiple cultures that reported the same thing the Sumerians reported. It's like holding sand with bare hands.
edit on 5/15/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You cannot disprove the vague overgeneralized "did aliens intervene in our past", you can only prove it, if it is provable at all.

While you cannot disprove the general idea that aliens visited us or tinkered around with our history (evidence of absence not necessarily being evidence of absence), you can prove or disprove the various theories on how these aliens visited or interfered. If one says, for instance, "aliens built the pyramids," this claim is falsifiable.

Unfortunately, ancient alien adherents do not understand the concept of the "God-in-the-Gaps" fallacy, believing that the simple fact something in our fact may be unexplained that therefore the only explanation is aliens were somehow involved.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

because there are other scriptures from multiple cultures that reported the same thing the Sumerians reported.

And what do those "scriptures" have to do with the hypothesis of Gomes? You know, the one in your OP?

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nibiru will always be around. There will always be the potential for unseen planets floating about. Nibiru could come one year, and LOOK, there's Nibiru again!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster
reply to post by lightmeup04

How can you say it is impossible and will never happen? Given the size of the universe, it will happen. Could be in the next billion years or so but it will. And we can can only watch 3% of our skies so if a planet entered our solar system tomorow, we wouldnt know about it.

The WISE mission completed a whole sky survey just a few months ago, all of it, tracking pretty much all objects visible in the infrared spectrum in our solar system. An object such as a brown dwarf or large planet entering our solar system for a December rendezvous with Earth would have been very visible to this observatory and would have stuck out like a sore thumb. (It is still December when the thing is supposed to arrive, right?) No such thing was observed. All of the data from WISE has been made public, you can download it from the internet. Any amateur astronomer can have a look at it and try to find Nibiru if they want to. It just ain't there.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Because I live in "Phageland" I was able to digest this 8 page thread
in just a couple of minutes. Time worth saved, thank you.
no Nibiru threat to lose sleep over.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm trying to find any information about Gomes presentation at meeting of American Astronomical Society in Oregon. Any help is welcome!

Link to the meeting; not updated since before the conference started:

dda.harvard.edu...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No matter how much you hate the ancient-alien theory or how much scholars claim that Sitchin mistranslated cuneiform tablets, because there are other scriptures from multiple cultures that reported the same thing the Sumerians reported. It's like holding sand with bare hands.

that's why I call the whole AA reality "contextual". each bit (grain of sand) of evidence is elusive and can fall right through your grasp (our understanding of reality), but nonetheless it is there

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I see the existence of another planet (didn't NASA already confirm this?) and the impending impact between that planet and this one two different things.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

why is it unreasonable to think a Type II civilization couldn't control a solar system? Maybe that's what Marduk was doing with the "stations"?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Nibiru is not due in our vicinity for a long time yet. Only some people believe that is what 2012 is about.

edit on 15-5-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

because there are other scriptures from multiple cultures that reported the same thing the Sumerians reported.

And what do those "scriptures" have to do with the hypothesis of Gomes? You know, the one in your OP?

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

In case you have missed it, I was referring SPECIFICALLY to the quotes of the fellow ATSer claiming that "there are no texts anywhere, corroborating what Sitchin said."

Why?? Are you gonna say that ancient Hindus, Mayans, Incas, Aztecs, Chinese, Egyptians and everybody else who reported those "star-gods", suffered of collective pareidolia??

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Type 2??? I think the Anunnaki are more like type 3 or 4.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Type 2??? I think the Anunnaki are more like type 3 or 4.

I can't see a 3 or 4 using dirty nuclear weapons and how could they not realize the fallout (evil wind) would affect the cities east of the Sinai? Why would they have to fix their home planet's atmosphere if they were so much more advanced? On a humanity level they seem very human in their endeavors i.e. making mistakes with technology, being morally deficient in ways, not realizing they would be making another sentient being that would eventually "grow up" (maybe?) and question the ethics of their actions among other things. I know they liked beer, wine, sex and a good steak- sounds like a lot of people I know, how about you?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It's talking about stars too. That's a bit further along than a Type II.
According to Sitchin (the guy who invented Nibiru), the Annunaki used rocket ships to get to Earth. Did they use rocket ships to move the planets and stars around too?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

I agree. I tried explaining that nibiru doesn't exist to bigfoot last night but he still believes it does.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Because I live in "Phageland" I was able to digest this 8 page thread
in just a couple of minutes. Time worth saved, thank you.
no Nibiru threat to lose sleep over.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
page think i spelled your name wrong but anyway one thing that i dont get is you are saying it is not affectin the sol system but i swear on the first page that the op had posted that infact it has been effected by something. now im not going to say niburu or not even though i am a beliver. so if its only the outer most parts its still the sol system i hate typing on these posts alot of the time due to the fact that you are so dead set that u are correct about well evrything apparently. how i have been taught is that anything and evrything is possible with the right conditions so in theory nibiru is possible i had more to write but long day at work. and please no bashing my grammer and sentence structer since it isint about the topic at hand sorry had to add that i always get negitive comments about my spelling now anyway off to watch doctor who or torchwood for a bit il check in to this occasinaly
edit on 15-5-2012 by stormy01399 because: added im folowing thread still but want to watch my show lol

edit on 15-5-2012 by stormy01399 because: still watching thread but want ot watch show too lol

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join