It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Eats Breakfast with Ben Bernanke:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Gives new meaning to "bed and breakfast" or "breakfast in bed".

Hahaha

edit on 13-5-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Gives new meaning to "bed and breakfast" or "breakfast in bed".

Hahaha

edit on 13-5-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

Yup I find this whole story rather suspicious. I wonder what they DID talk about...

This proves my theory that Ron Paul people only like made up news stories that are only on obscure blogs and/or positive stories about Ron Paul. No negativity can be attached to the man.

God forbid a real journalist in the MSM actually talks about or writes about him though. Trolls will soon emerge on the article for saying the stupidest little comment was bias against Ron Paul!
edit on 13-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Did Ben pay 35K?? Maybe Dr. President Paul was picking up a check.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Why any member on ATS treats any politician like a Jesus figure (Ron Paul) shouldn't be here.. every politician has a hidden agenda.. I thought we've learned this time over time.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Interesting story, lol, sure would have loved to be a "fly" in the sugar bowl at that breakfast. What this indicates to me is that Bernanke is pleading his case to Ron Paul, because he respects that Ron Paul's influence on his suppoters WILL have an effect on what ultimately becomes of the FED.

If Ron Paul is as insignificant as some here would lead us to believe, why would Bernanke even bother?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I like it! Makes Paul look like he can talk to anyone.

EDIT: I wonder how a breakfast between Barney Frank and Romney or Santorum would go?
edit on 13-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Pathetic attempt to discredit somebody that can't be discredited. Whats next? You going to bring up the newsletters again?

You know the reason I tend to avoid everything you say, is because you think my questions are always about discrediting Ron Paul. It's not, I'm just highly suspicious of him. If it's so pathetic than why didn't you report the story. I thought you followed Paul's campaign very closely?

Of course, I read the articles before, then I chuckled at the fact Ron Paul chose to sit down next to Bernanke and talk about who knows what.

It shows character that the two can sit down at the cafeteria of their workplace and talk about things outside of politics and economics or even catching up on their personal lives.

What do you expect? for Ron Paul to sit across the cafeterian with his Austrian economics posse staring down the Keynesian posse? For there to be a gang fight and all of a sudden break into a Grease musical?

These type of 'guilt by association' threads are just pathetic attempts to smear the target. Just like the thread where an ATS member swore he was proving that Ron Paul was racist because he took a picture with a racist...really?

How many tens of thousands of people has Ron Paul eaten a meal with in his career?

edit on 13-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Jesus ate with whores and tax collectors... maybe I'm missing your point...

Or there isn't one and this is just another "RON PAUL IS EVIL" thread that will crash and burn like the rest...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

These type of 'guilt by association' threads are just pathetic attempts to smear the target. Just like the thread where an ATS member swore he was proving that Ron Paul was racist because he took a picture with a racist...really?

How many tens of thousands of people has Ron Paul eaten a meal with in his career?

Reminds me of the claim Ron Paul is racist because he has taken donations from white supremacy groups.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Reminds me of the claim Ron Paul is racist because he has taken donations from white supremacy groups.

Exactly... Obama took donations from real known terrorists but nobody calls him a...

Uh... well... never mind...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ok. I think you guys are taking this a bit too far. I am not calling Ron Paul evil here. I am not insisting anything evil going on. The fact that some of his biggest supporters are thinking up these things leads me to conclude other things. However, this just makes Ron Paul look all the bit more suspicious. Why not?

If it was any other candidate. Like Mitt Romney, Obama, Santorum etc... You would think they were in cohorts with the FED to try to hurt more Americans or whatever you guys like to make up!

It''s suspicious weather you like it or not!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ok. I think you guys are taking this a bit too far. I am not calling Ron Paul evil here. I am not insisting anything evil going on. The fact that some of his biggest supporters are thinking up these things leads me to conclude other things. However, this just makes Ron Paul look all the bit more suspicious. Why not?

If it was any other candidate. Like Mitt Romney, Obama, Santorum etc... You would think they were in cohorts with the FED to try to hurt more Americans or whatever you guys like to make up!

It's not much to go on to be suspicious of anything.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But those people are all known supporters of the banksters. RP has a proven record that he is not.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

What is suspicious is that Romney has Bush advisors in his campaign, whom are connected to over 40 Billion dollars worth of war contracts. These are the men who outline his foreign policy, of course Romney's foreign policy didn't come from himself. What did you think?

And I did make a thread about that, no I would not make a thread about Romney eating with Bernanke at a Capitol Hill employee cafeteria.

I would, however, condemn Romney for endorsing and supporting Bernanke's policies, which he has.

edit on 13-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This meeting really makes Ron Paul look LESS suspicious. You guys are nuts. Think about it, that is two people on the opposite sides of an issue coming together to talk things out. If anything it is a huge show of character. But OP I know you are waiting for that one Ron Paul story that will ruin him. I guess just try again tomorrow eventually there will be one. Maybe..
edit on 13-5-2012 by literofcola because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked
Jesus ate with whores and tax collectors... maybe I'm missing your point...

Or there isn't one and this is just another "RON PAUL IS EVIL" thread that will crash and burn like the rest.

That was my impression. The OP launches this thread as if it were his duty to expose an attempt by Paul supporters to hide something. At least I should thank him for bringing their breakfast get-together to my attention though. It is obvious though that his intention was not to inform but rather to take a juvenile jab at the good doctor as the OP fails to offer even a snippet from the article, but goes on to suggest lame conspiratorial scenarios in its stead:

So why is Ron Paul eating Breakfast at the Federal Reserve?? With his main enemy no doubt. They might even be friends, despite what the Ron Paul cult would have you believe. Ron Paul is a government insider. Otherwise wouldn't he refuse Bernanke's request to dine with him, at the FED?

So what was this breakfast all about? Perhaps Bernanke is picking up the vibe that his adversary Paul just may get the GOP nod and needs to take him seriously. That nod may remain a longshot still but if anyone thinks it could not happen then they really have not been paying attention. Of course it is our MSM that has made Paul a stealth candidate. We see it is not Paul who is not talking about the meeting, it is the Fed that won't comment:

blogs.wsj.com...

Republican presidential hopeful Rep. Ron Paul certainly wants to end the Federal Reserve. But he also has to eat breakfast.

One day after chairing a hearing on proposals to abolish or overhaul the central bank, the Texan congressman sat down for the first meal of the day Wednesday with Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, the lawmaker confirmed in a brief interview at the Capitol. The decision to meet for breakfast at the Fed was “mutual,” said Mr. Paul, who last year introduced a bill to eliminate the central bank.

The Fed chief and lawmaker had “sort of an open discussion,” Mr. Paul said, while declining to provide any details of the conversation. “It was off the record,” he said. The Fed declined to comment on the meeting.

I can't speak for everyone of course but I think this "Cult of Paul" thing is a little out of proportion to the reality of it. As I look over the contenders for the throne room of the Oval Office Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate that stands out above the rest. I concede the people have reason to be gun-shy after all who fully backed Obama and are now disappointed, but after the Bush years it is understandable why so many would jump on a symphonic bandwagon orchestrating tributes to "Change!" However, Ron Paul has not changed his tune for decades and is a pretty stand-up guy. If our trust somehow ends up misplaced with him as our POTUS we only need look at the alternatives now offered and the other paths promised. With Paul there is at least hope, the alternatives offer none that I can see.

So their breakfast meeting is "off-the-record," as per gentlemen's agreement no doubt, but at least Paul offers us a light-hearted glimpse into what went on:

So did Wednesday’s meeting overturn any deep-set beliefs?

“He’s (Bernanke) for the gold standard now,” joked Mr. Paul.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Why does everyone assume if you dislike Ron Paul then you are some sort of Obama lover on this site?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because it's true.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Pssh come on you guys are supposed to be conspiracy theorists and the most paranoid people on the web and yet...you don't question this! Not even for a second. Even since its behind closed doors???

I find it funny that you guys don't question anything this man does.

Don't you want to know why they were having this meeting? I doubt it has anything to do with Paul's Presidential run or his end the fed slogans. Eating Breakfast with Bernanke is not the way to go there. Bush didn't eat breakfast with Saddam and Bin Laden. Obama didn't eat Breakfast with Qaddafi and Bin Laden....

It's sad but true Ron Paul is a government insider. He's always been and always will be! your all getting played by the very same people you are trying to defeat. And you'll make any excuses you can for this politician!

edit on 13-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
When push comes to shove, we can really only trust or distrust someone based on thier "actions", is it "possible" that somehow Ron Paul has spent 30+ years being apart of some mass deception? He is somehow now fullfilling some "destiny" to trick or confuse "right from wrong"? Who knows really?

If I had to bet my life, I would trust my gut and say Ron Paul is the "real deal", lol, people from Pittsburgh, PA keep it real, big, great family there, although I grew up in CA, have never met more wonderful "salt of the earth" people as my very fun, logical, tell it like it is, family back east. ( lol, I gotta look up how he came to live in Texas?)

Having said all that, I would not bet my daughter's life that that it isn't "possible" something is more complicated to Ron Paul's role then I fully understand.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

It's sad but true Ron Paul is a government insider. He's always been and always will be!

Ron Paul has been a US congressman for three decades. That is a type of government insider, granted, but it is not always and forever, and not so sad, really. He could be President very soon!

Don't you want to know why they were having this meeting? I doubt it has anything to do with Paul's Presidential run or his end the fed slogans. Eating Breakfast with Bernanke is not the way to go there. Bush didn't eat breakfast with Saddam and Bin Laden. Obama didn't eat Breakfast with Qaddafi and Bin Laden....

Pssh come on you guys are supposed to be conspiracy theorists and the most paranoid people on the web

I suggest that may be a characteristic where you could be leader of the pack.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join