It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is scary!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Funny, if you read the article, it's not that scary

Due to privacy concerns, Dr. O and his team are focused on uses in the distance range of less than four inches.

If I recall correctly, pathloss is going to be higher in a shorter space since pathloss is proportional to the square of the frequency of the radio signal. That means it would take more power to do anything harmful. Something a typical cell phone battery wouldn't be practical for.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Thanks for the rundown. I wiki'd it for embellishment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like infrared radiation or microwaves, these waves usually travel in line of sight. Terahertz radiation is non-ionizing submillimeter microwave radiation and shares with microwaves the capability to penetrate a wide variety of non-conducting materials. Terahertz radiation can pass through clothing, paper, cardboard, wood, masonry, plastic and ceramics. It can also penetrate fog and clouds, but cannot penetrate metal or water.
---
A study published in 2010 and conducted by Boian S. Alexandrov and colleagues at the Center for Nonlinear Studies at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico[11][12] performed mathematical models how terahertz radiation interact with double-stranded DNA, showing that, even though involved forces seem to be tiny, nonlinear resonances (although much less likely to form than less-powerful common resonances) could allow terahertz waves to "unzip double-stranded DNA, creating bubbles in the double strand that could significantly interfere with processes such as gene expression and DNA replication".

Scary is right. Cancer anyone? Cops are going, "Oh good. Another toy to hang on our kit belt and abuse people with". They don't have enough already.

I guess the lovely tinfoil-hat will be extended to tinfoil-housing then

Oh, and tinfoil-bodysuits!
Perhaps time to start a business making those kind of things. I see a prosperous future!

edit on 13-5-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
reply to post by baburak

Ever see the movie called Hills Have Eyes?
I'm thinking it's rather similar to that. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Do you mean people moving out to the nice and quite countryside or people starting to look like Mr Potato Head

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyrtlePlace

Originally posted by justwokeup
I don't see any reason having the ability to see through walls should be a commercially available consumer product. Time for the ban hammer to be wielded.

True, but if the cops can already do it then I'm not opposed to getting the technology myself to use it to spy on the filthy swine and see what they do behind closed doors. They know what I'm up to but I don't know anything about them, it's a very unhealthy relationship.

The difference is that for the authorities to use it there would usually be some due process and justification. When there isn't there are wider more serious problems.

Thats a bit different than the pervert down the street buying one and using it to spy on your children.

(Noting the further good posts above explaining the practical limits of whats being proposed right now, this little discussion seems moot).

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
A while back ago in 1998 Sony per accident sold video camera's that could see through clothes. Don't know if that based on the same principles, but looking through walls and unzipping your DNA strand ..

Thats way out of line I would think. Eventually Sony stopped producing these camera's so I don't think these will hit the consumer market as well...

Sony X-ray camera

Kaya

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

A while back ago in 1998 Sony per accident sold video camera's that could see through clothes. Don't know if that based on the same principles, but looking through walls and unzipping your DNA strand ..

Well anything that can unzip your DNA strands is dangerous period. Thats some really awful radiation its putting out to not just knock random DNA out of place but whole strands?

I wonder what lies they are going to tell the people who will be testing it? I'm sure they will say nothing at all but it will actually be like "Uh, after usage your brain will turn into jello pudding"....after the field testers walk out the door.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If it unzips human DNA, imagine what it could do to food or animals. It's like these people are on a mission to create a zombie outbreak.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This world sounds like an even more scarier place now..UNZIP DNA?!!?! It seems like everything out there is designed to give humans cancer. and is this tech currently in anything now?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The big company's will twist this with guidelines and tiny wrtting on the back of the manual!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
OMG!

This is bad....as people will start zapping each other "just for fun" and the leaders will get a big amount of deaths cause by....? some sort of cancer!

It's easy to declare an AIDS epidemic in Africa.
It might be harder to kill a lot of educated americans and europeeans.

Give them a little harmful toy and your depopulation process is one step further!!!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's like :

Hey, we invented something to spy on you more efficently....and guess what? It will kill you little by little at the same time.

C.I.A's dream machine!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Perhaps time to start a business making those kind of things. I see a prosperous future!

Ha ha,
gotta see the humor in things. I commend you. I think someone is already ahead of us in the clothing department. Don't X-ray these girls, they might burn up the equipment.

And in case you need a metalized outfit for whatever delusions need to be repulsed...

www.google.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
erm ..... you know when a cell divides, it unstrands it's DNA, don't you????

and of course, to make proteins, the DNA is also unstranded.
edit on 13/5/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ha ha,
gotta see the humor in things. I commend you. I think someone is already ahead of us in the clothing department. Don't X-ray these girls, they might burn up the equipment.

And in case you need a metalized outfit for whatever delusions need to be repulsed...

www.google.com...

Tinfoil fashion!
Finally there is a way for conspiracy theorists to look sharp as well!

Here are two more gems.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the rundown. I wiki'd it for embellishment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like infrared radiation or microwaves, these waves usually travel in line of sight. Terahertz radiation is non-ionizing submillimeter microwave radiation and shares with microwaves the capability to penetrate a wide variety of non-conducting materials. Terahertz radiation can pass through clothing, paper, cardboard, wood, masonry, plastic and ceramics. It can also penetrate fog and clouds, but cannot penetrate metal or water.
---
A study published in 2010 and conducted by Boian S. Alexandrov and colleagues at the Center for Nonlinear Studies at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico[11][12] performed mathematical models how terahertz radiation interact with double-stranded DNA, showing that, even though involved forces seem to be tiny, nonlinear resonances (although much less likely to form than less-powerful common resonances) could allow terahertz waves to "unzip double-stranded DNA, creating bubbles in the double strand that could significantly interfere with processes such as gene expression and DNA replication".

Scary is right. Cancer anyone? Cops are going, "Oh good. Another toy to hang on our kit belt and abuse people with". They don't have enough already.

strange, why did you not post the rest of what the wiki said?
"Experimental verification of this simulation was not done. A recent analysis of this work concludes that the DNA bubbles do not occur under reasonable physical assumptions or if the effects of temperature are taken into account.[14]"
oh i know! just like the OP you want people to freak out over this, when there isn't any experimental evidence that it can happen. see where it says "do not occur under reasonable physical assumptions?" that means this only will happen in extreme cases, which no company would allow if they want to stay in business.

there is no reason to be scared of this, outside of extreme things and since the evidence is lacking that it will "unzip" dna, there is even less reason to be.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

there is no reason to be scared of this, outside of extreme things and since the evidence is lacking that it will "unzip" dna, there is even less reason to be.

Well good. For a minute there I thought I didn't want to be full bodied microwaved at the airport and on traffic stops too. Thanks for setting me straight. I am not trying to scare anyone, by the way. If you feel alarmed, just read the three posts above yours.
edit on 13-5-2012 by intrptr because: can't' add.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Too foil funny. He looks terrible in his vinyl long johns. Bu she reminds me of Christmas. All she needs is a string of lights! You know I did some checking and I found out they're married (go figure).
Heres where he works:

And their terra ray DNA unzipping proof basement:

If we are to ever escape the clutches of our tinfoil paranoia, I think our only recourse will be to move to space. Whoops, maybe not.

DISCLAIMER: Many websites and one ATS thread were dissed in the making of this off topic post. There shall be no more foil fouls by this member.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Those pictures are just to good to comment!
edit on 14-5-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Tinfoil fashion! i'll wait for the oven ready collection this winter!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join