It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is scary!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

University of Texas researchers design chip allowing mobile devices to see through walls

This is just one source, i could dig up many more if you guys want me to.

Nevertheless, let me continue.

As unbelievable as it sounds, researchers at the University of Texas at Dallas have created an imager chip for mobile devices which would turn an ordinary cell phone into something which can see through walls, wood, plastics, paper, skin and other objects.

Using the terahertz (THz) band of the electromagnetic spectrum, the wavelengths of which fall between the microwave and infrared bands, the chip could signify a revolution in the surveillance capabilities of mobile phones along with new chips like Broadcom’s BCM4752 which is capable of providing ultra-precise location data. More at EndtheLie.com -

Here it is straight from the source.

University of Texas article

This might be old news to some of you and some of you might find this supercool.

But let me get to the scary part here.

DNA-Destroying Chip Being Embedded Into Mobile Phones

According to Dr. Boian Alexandrov at the Center for Nonlinear Studies at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, terahertz (THz) waves destroy human DNA. The waves literally unzip the helix strand. Now a team of technologists at UT Dallas are planning to take chips broadcasting THz waves and embed them into mobile phones for use as an imaging system for consumers, law enforcement and medical personnel… a potentially deadly technology that could eventually kill or sicken millions of people.

Yes you read that right.

It UNZIPS the helix strand.

The conclusion or synopsis of their study:

“We consider the influence of a terahertz field on the breathing dynamics of double-stranded DNA. We model the spontaneous formation of spatially localized openings of a damped and driven DNA chain, and find that linear instabilities lead to dynamic dimerization, while true local strand separations require a threshold amplitude mechanism. Based on our results we argue that a specific terahertz radiation exposure may significantly affect the natural dynamics of DNA, and thereby influence intricate molecular processes involved in gene expression and DNA replication.“

source

I advise you all to read these links and if deemed necesarry, do some of your own research.

I LOVE my Iphone but i think it's time for me to dispose of my lovely gadget.

I got around just fine 5 years ago, so i will get around just fine now.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Very interesting.

One good use : Save money in ultrasound and x-ray test?....bye bye health insurance co-payments?...but probably FDA won't approve it unless you pay them a fee.

One bad use : All pervs will have it.

We are not morally prepared for this.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Can you imagine how upset this will make people who have to adhere to building codes? Or perhaps the TSA who want to get all frisky? =/

I weep for them...

./sarcasm

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Thanks for the rundown. I wiki'd it for embellishment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like infrared radiation or microwaves, these waves usually travel in line of sight. Terahertz radiation is non-ionizing submillimeter microwave radiation and shares with microwaves the capability to penetrate a wide variety of non-conducting materials. Terahertz radiation can pass through clothing, paper, cardboard, wood, masonry, plastic and ceramics. It can also penetrate fog and clouds, but cannot penetrate metal or water.
---
A study published in 2010 and conducted by Boian S. Alexandrov and colleagues at the Center for Nonlinear Studies at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico[11][12] performed mathematical models how terahertz radiation interact with double-stranded DNA, showing that, even though involved forces seem to be tiny, nonlinear resonances (although much less likely to form than less-powerful common resonances) could allow terahertz waves to "unzip double-stranded DNA, creating bubbles in the double strand that could significantly interfere with processes such as gene expression and DNA replication".

Scary is right. Cancer anyone? Cops are going, "Oh good. Another toy to hang on our kit belt and abuse people with". They don't have enough already.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is the exact same tech they use in the airport scanners.

Not good..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
too much radiation-based tech

its bad enuf most of us already heat our food with mwave,

have wifi laptop near our lap for hours on end

use cell phone not even safe to touch ear while in use, yet most everyone does..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It wouldn't be a big step to explaining why people act the way they do ..or birds,or bees,or politicians for that matter ....I often wonder about the time I spend in front of this pc ,if it doesn't effect me effect me effect me ....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Don't you just LOVE the world we live in?

What a terrible time to be alive. I honestly don't know why people are still having children

If things are this bad now, can you imagine what it's going to be like for someone just being born now? In 20 years they will have to live with twenty times the crap that's going on in the present.

It's a horrible thing to say, but it's getting to the point where we're fighting a losing battle. Just let the species dwindle, folks. Nothing good can come from our existence on this planet anymore.

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

erahertz radiation can pass through clothing, paper, cardboard, wood, masonry, plastic and ceramics. It can also penetrate fog and clouds, but cannot penetrate metal or water.

People thought Elvis was crazy for lining his hotel rooms with aluminum foil.
He was just way ahead of his time.
Thanks for one more thing to worry about - my list is nearly complete!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There is only one solution to this:
The researcher MUST be taken out, and all of their research material MUST be destroyed.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Humans are pissing me off, they spent all this time,money, and whatever to come up # like this. # like THIS.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with the technology. Theres nothing wrong with researching it.

Millimetre wave radar imaging has applications in allow safe aircraft operations in poor visibility conditions.

The technology is also not anywhere near new. The government has been able to look through your walls for a long time.

All thats changing is the level of miniaturisation and the accessibility to the public. That should be a matter of regulation. I don't see any reason having the ability to see through walls should be a commercially available consumer product. Time for the ban hammer to be wielded.
edit on 12-5-2012 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ha you beat me to it ! Was just gonna post 'lining my walls first with tinfoil before I wallpaper the bedroom' !!!

Peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

erahertz radiation can pass through clothing, paper, cardboard, wood, masonry, plastic and ceramics. It can also penetrate fog and clouds, but cannot penetrate metal or water.

People thought Elvis was crazy for lining his hotel rooms with aluminum foil.
He was just way ahead of his time.
Thanks for one more thing to worry about - my list is nearly complete!

Did Elvis really do that?

Lmfao, if so.

He was a revolutionairy

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
There is only one solution to this:
The researcher MUST be taken out, and all of their research material MUST be destroyed.

Is his name Miles Dyson? I'm on it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This technoligy is all ready in use, I THINK

I have been talking about this on the site for years. I saw it in batman, I think it was batman begins but I could be wrong. One of the newer batman movies. In the movie batman has the capability to use public cell phones to map out a the city to stop crime. I believe that this technology is being used right now. Imagine trying to fight TPTB with this technology around. It would be near impossible to hide any thing. What if you came up with a cure for aids and the whole time the Goverment was recording you with this technology. This cannot continue, we have to throw out our cell phones and fight this.

The reason I think this technology is in use is because the movie came out years ago and they are just now announcing that some one has made it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Theres nothing wrong with the technology. Theres nothing wrong with researching it.

Millimetre wave radar imaging has applications in allow safe aircraft operations in poor visibility conditions.

The technology is also not anywhere near new. The government has been able to look through your walls for a long time.

All thats changing is the level of miniaturisation and the accessibility to the public. That should be a matter of regulation. I don't see any reason having the ability to see through walls should be a commercially available consumer product. Time for the ban hammer to be wielded.
edit on 12-5-2012 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

Have they? What do you know that can "look threw walls?"

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Morally prepared? I don't think we're biologically prepared either.

It UNZIPS our DNA! It would destroy the genetics of hundreds of thousands of users worldwide!

I don't think morals are the first problem here...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I promise you it isn't, i wont go into any detail as i work at an airport (not to do with TSA) and i know a lot about how these machines work and there not as all singing and dancing as you think.
I wont go into detail as its wrong for me to do so but i will say the tech is based on MIR scanners only not as sophisticated due to finance that all airports have.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Huge Batman fan so I had to reply. You are referring to The Dark Knight, the second movie. I believe it does apply to this situation as well, her is a youtube clip of the scene.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join