It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is scary!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Now would be a good time to get a degree in wireless engineering technologies or RF engineering as this is the wave of the future with mobile phones, wifi, 3G/4G etc..You are guaranteed to get a good job and to be able to know how to keep yourself safe from this as well.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
"You're welcome! We're science: we're all about coulda, not shoulda." – Patton Oswalt

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Destruction destruction destruction they spend so much time looking for ways to hurt people or herd them like sheep.

If they spent half the time researching free energy devices and space travel we might have a chance for our species survival, but that is not our way we are working at the other end of the spectrum, destruction.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is ironic.
Nuclear weapons,money/paperwork from Pentagon etc all go missing & its "Huh?- Shrug, all while they can see through walls? But try & get good footage from CCTV & its back to the 50's tech

Ahhh they pick & choose.......

And can anyone explain just exactly what happens when my DNA starts to unravel? (Give me a heads up on what to look out for!) Lol, I'm picturing a woolen jumper caught on a fence!

Gah & what am I supposed to do now when telemarketers or Jo-ho's come to my door? Will they get a visual on their phone of me crouching motionless on the otherside? "We know you're in there,now open the door..." Arghhh! I need a new plan...

edit on 12-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And just when I thought it would be awhile before things get any worse. I seriously wish they would put their research money into things like cures and knowledge instead of technology.

Technology is what's going to be the end of our humanity. The very fact that it causes cancer leads me to believe that this is one of the many things that is being used to kill off population in a desperate attempt for population control. Just like smoking, drinking, drugs, laptops, cellphones and all that other crap.

Some times we are living in. Humanity has so much potential and it's sad to see our time, money, and greatest minds being used for usless crap that only adds more trouble ontop of all the trouble we already have on this beautiful planet.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
sorry if someone allready wrote this but what does it mean in human words? Damaged or unzipped DNA .. what actually happens?

thanks

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

Ever see the movie called Hills Have Eyes?
I'm thinking it's rather similar to that. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Ok so when are they going to market this cell technology? If it's anytime soon then i just bought my flight 2 cell phone as my last cellular device.

Whats the ETA on this junk being marketed?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

And can anyone explain just exactly what happens when my DNA starts to unravel?

Genetic mutation, cellular necrosis and probably wierd forms of cancer. I'm not talking X-men type mutation but more like Toxic Avenger mutation.

Sexy aint it?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Now would be a good time to get a degree in wireless engineering technologies or RF engineering as this is the wave of the future with mobile phones, wifi, 3G/4G etc..You are guaranteed to get a good job and to be able to know how to keep yourself safe from this as well.

You can. As for me? I'm going off the grid, because this means they are now openly marketting technology designed to kill people.

I'll be going lowtech but have enough tech to keep the eyes in the sky from seeing me with their infrared and heat detection scopes.

The day is fast approaching when i tell the world to kiss my big red native american ass.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

This technoligy is all ready in use, I THINK

I have been talking about this on the site for years.

I'm not calling you a lier but you registered as a member in January? I'm no mathematician but the numbers aren't adding up for me.

p.s. Whether the technology has been there for years or not, using the "I saw it in a movie" arguement is never a good selling tactic...
edit on 12-5-2012 by 1plusXisto7billion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I always thought cell phones would change the human body...Of course unzipping DNA isn't what I was hopping for....I was wishing for extra fingers to text with or something.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
And can anyone explain just exactly what happens when my DNA starts to unravel? (Give me a heads up on what to look out for!) Lol, I'm picturing a woolen jumper caught on a fence!

Gah & what am I supposed to do now when telemarketers or Jo-ho's come to my door? Will they get a visual on their phone of me crouching motionless on the otherside? "We know you're in there,now open the door..." Arghhh! I need a new plan...

It's not so much of a heads up, but more of a bum down. The RF frequency concerned is sympathetic to your bellybutton, and causes vibration, ultimately your bellybutton unscrews and your bum falls off, simple!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
After reading the OP and other links, two things become clear.

Based on our results we argue that a specific terahertz radiation exposure may significantly affect the natural dynamics of DNA, and thereby influence intricate molecular processes involved in gene expression and DNA replication.

Will these cell phone use this specific frequency? It would seem unlikely.

Terahertz radiation can pass through clothing, paper, cardboard, wood, masonry, plastic and ceramics. It can also penetrate fog and clouds, but cannot penetrate metal or water.
(Emphasis mine)

By mass, human cells consist of 65–90% water. DNA is contained within cells. Wouldn't they be effectively shielded from the radiation?

Title of this thread: "This is scary!". Well, not to me so much.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Due to privacy concerns, Dr. O and his team are focused on uses in the distance range of less than four inches.

So...why am I worried if someone can see 4 inches in front of them through a wall or something? Sounds like a perfect stud finder, or see if your walls are tapped, pest control, etc...a bajillion practical applications.

Consider your reactions folks...omg, we can't use this because people will perv on one another...actually, thats your first thoughts..and it won't even be able to do that (unless your doing something 4 inches from said phone)

Also, its not like a magic mirror showing you a perfect 3d color view of something, it will show feedback (in those 4 inches).

Incidently, if anyone wants to toss their IPhones and such due to paranoia, toss em my way, I need one

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax

I think a better title would be "Are you easily frightened".

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I remember about 14 years ago discussions of the G's coming out and what wild and new things they would bring to the average consumer
My god..watch television shows on your cell phones? apps? amazing.

That was a great time to start the study..right before the mega rush.
But ya, this new tera-tech is going to certainly reinvent the wheel for many areas..quite impressive stuff actually (the new tera-net, tera-apps, etc..been following this development for a few months now). I am not sure if it is on the same level as the development of consumer based broadband..but its certainly going to boost a lot of new innovations.

I am looking forward to it all. I do wish I was 20 years younger..would love to be growing up and starting out in the industry right about now.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As a self proclaimed "intellectual" with redneck heritage, I applaud this. When it hits phones I will now be allowed to reasonably fight people when they take a picture of me. I personally cannot wait.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion

Originally posted by Infi8nity

This technoligy is all ready in use, I THINK

I have been talking about this on the site for years.

I'm not calling you a lier but you registered as a member in January? I'm no mathematician but the numbers aren't adding up for me.

p.s. Whether the technology has been there for years or not, using the "I saw it in a movie" arguement is never a good selling tactic...
edit on 12-5-2012 by 1plusXisto7billion because: (no reason given)

he made a perfectly good point, you sir are a darn fool, and a disinformation agent, trying to discredit him for his completely logical and very possibly true statement.

just because it was in a movie before?

im not saying i watch star trek, im not really into that.

but i see people talk about how the technology is now, and how it was just fiction in the show just years before.
edit on 12-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
After reading the OP and other links, two things become clear.

Based on our results we argue that a specific terahertz radiation exposure may significantly affect the natural dynamics of DNA, and thereby influence intricate molecular processes involved in gene expression and DNA replication.

Will these cell phone use this specific frequency? It would seem unlikely.

Terahertz radiation can pass through clothing, paper, cardboard, wood, masonry, plastic and ceramics. It can also penetrate fog and clouds, but cannot penetrate metal or water.
(Emphasis mine)

By mass, human cells consist of 65–90% water. DNA is contained within cells. Wouldn't they be effectively shielded from the radiation?

Well, you may not find it scary and I will say I am not scared of it, but it does concern me; mainly because it reminds me of a conversation I had one time with my mother about x-rays.

She told me that when she was a little girl a lot of shoe stores use to have an x-ray machine int them so you could look at the bones of your feet, while trying out new shoes to see how they fit and when she was kid everyone thought wow what a nifty idea. Of course now days shoe stores don't have those machines and haven't the whole time I have been alive? Why? because we figured out even though x-rays are nifty and useful it's not really a good idea to have them done unless medically necessary, because foot cancer probably isn't such a nifty idea and to much exposure to x-rays are not good for you.

The first problem I have with this technology is like the x-ray machines in shoe stores scientists are running around saying what a great idea and in their excitement are probably not concerned with long term health effects right now if there are any.

The second problem I have is if implemented people will willy nilly be bombarding other people with this radiation without their consent. So, even if I am just being paranoid and don't want to bombarded by the terahertz waves, I won't really have any say in the matter.

The third problem with it, if this technology is implemented it means any nosy neighbor, people passing by or even a crazy stalker will be able to look through the walls of your house, let along tyrannical government officials. And just because the scientist are choosing to restrict it to four inches doesn't mean later companies may not increase the range especially if there is demand for it and profit in it. Four inches apparently is not a limit of the technology, but personal choice of Dr. O.

Maybe you're right, it may not be "scary" but, it does have enough cons to warrant reservation and concern.

Just my opinion though.

edit on 12-5-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join