It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Westerners Are Deluded

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by Mkoll
Why the hell can't we all just rise together instead of fighting in all these various arenas(philosophical, cultural, economic, religious) for dominance?

In the meantime while that dream remains unrealized let them have the power, so long as they don't exploit us. The Chinese are more numerous and, to be honest, more conscious than us Americans. They have a better chance to take the power back from the oligarchy.

Well maybe its because you kicked them around, exploited their lands, and made war against them? Many countries in Asia haven't forgotten how they were treated under European colonialism, why can't they do the same what you did to them?

Oh sure, lets just unleash the bloody cycle of REVENGE. Get real man! This is the type of sh!t we are FIGHTING against....
edit on 9-5-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

Why the hell can't we all just rise together instead of fighting in all these various arenas(philosophical, cultural, economic, religious) for dominance?

In the meantime while that dream remains unrealized let them have the power, so long as they don't exploit us. The Chinese are more numerous and, to be honest, more conscious than us Americans. They have a better chance to take the power back from the oligarchy.

Well maybe its because you kicked them around, exploited their lands, and made war against them? Many countries in Asia haven't forgotten how they were treated under European colonialism, why can't they do the same what you did to them?

Oh sure, lets just unleash the a bloody cycle of REVENGE. Get real man! This is the type of sh!t we are FIGHTING against....

Can you even read? You do realise I wrote that in response to someone saying "why should they be able to exploit us"?

I just answered his question, the West has dominated Asia for more than 500 years. Do others what you unto them...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

Oh sure, lets just unleash the a bloody cycle of REVENGE. Get real man! This is the type of sh!t we are FIGHTING against....

Can you even read? You do realise I wrote that in response to someone saying "why should they be able to exploit us"?

I just answered his question, the West has dominated Asia for more than 500 years. Do others what you unto them...

No no no...... this is where you are wrong kind sir. It's Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What you are saying is nothing but an endless cycle of revenge that will never end. Someone has to stop and say "Hey, It's all good".

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Oops my bad, lmao. But you get what I was saying. I always enjoy using quotes but I always end up using them back to front.
Anyway, all I can say to that is I'm not the one is who angry. There are Muslims who are still angry with the West over the crusades (and that happened almost 1000 years ago!!!), but do you seriously think Asian nations haven't forgotten how they were treated by European powers?
I'm not on anyone's side here but you have to admit that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Shoot, in my 25 years on this planet I don't remember kicking anyone from another country around. Never declared war on anyone either, as far as I remember.

I'm glad American bashinging never goes out of style... As someone said before, we were dealt this hand. Sorry the house is corrupt.

I'm curious, do you think the world would be better with China spreading communism?

Don't talk so high and mighty, we are all to blame.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraDOSEcious

Shoot, in my 25 years on this planet I don't remember kicking anyone from another country around. Never declared war on anyone either, as far as I remember.

I'm glad American bashinging never goes out of style... As someone said before, we were dealt this hand. Sorry the house is corrupt.

I'm curious, do you think the world would be better with China spreading communism?

Don't talk so high and mighty, we are all to blame.

Why if I say the truth you all bash me on it? I myself am a westerner but even I acknowledge what we did to Asia was abhorrent. I suggest take a word of your own advice and don't talk so mighty yourself.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Yes. I agree. and I am a westerner. I have been saying the same thing you just said since I was in high school. We are not all deluded morons. The rational and level headed westerners are just outnumbered by deluded morons and don't get any camera time. Take it easy on those of us who can't change the fact that we were simply born here with the deluded morons. Peace!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The East offers technical prowess, they are more focused in their fields BUT with them comes a massive unwanted baggage in the form of controlled people, human rights abuse, squalor, vast differences between poor and rich and in the case of the Middle East, some very unwanted radical issues.

At this time I think we are all feeling the pinch, trade is down across the board, production in general is slowing and the ability to hide behind a media firewall is now so difficult it rarely works so we here about the issues from normally closed countries.

Do I believe that the NWO is causing this, no, IF they exist we as a people are actually starting to hand control to them by our world wide failing economies and social unrest, they just need to sit there until either we need them or we are so disintegrated that they can just step in. Hell, we might even try and eradicate ourselves in one last great war, we ARE that stupid.

Saying the East is in a better situation than the West just seems daft to me, it certainly does not seem to be seen as that way, if anything I think they are feeling it more than most in certain area's.

And there's one East that I don't welcome, the Middle East, we align ourselves with them for those three little letters but they offer NOTHING else.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CCLLCCLL

Yes. I agree. and I am a westerner. I have been saying the same thing you just said since I was in high school. We are not all deluded morons. The rational and level headed westerners are just outnumbered by deluded morons and don't get any camera time. Take it easy on those of us who can't change the fact that we were simply born here with the deluded morons. Peace!

I agree while many of us are good people there are those who I call "deluded" who have no real idea of outside their countries. Some seem to think everything revolves around the West and everywhere else is just a third world s**thole. Have a good one.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Bring on our Red overlords!

Further edification

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Western arrogance...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You're just as deluded as us "Westerners" if you believe the NWO/Globalist agenda isn't part of the reason the West is in decline.

If the East is so great, why are the Easterners still heading West by the boatload?

OP obviously didn't think before he posted this rant.

Corporate bailouts funded by the taxpayers that make rich foreigners wealthier is part of the NWO plan and you're just too deluded to see it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Um clearly your misinformed China is just as much in the # as US and India and the other "wealthy" countries over there are a whole other pile of #. Could you show me the things that were being produced in the west, that are now only produced in the east? Because everything has been made in the east for a LONG time, not new at all production has been in china and those other third world countries for 60 years. So where are you going with this... new information?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I agree with several posters here. The east can have it. Up here in Idaho, DC and London are very far away. The "NWO" is fine with me. Just leave me out of it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Chinese are like the Catholic church, they both think in terms of hundreds of years, there thinking does not stop at the next election, One day, (in glacial time) the world will be full of catholic Chinese, once they have got rid of that religion we are all frightend of at the moment. Or, perhaps the Chinese will be Muslim?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The same people who run the west will get their greedy little paws on the east. Enjoy

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

You are right, sort of, about these products being produced for years in other countries and being introduced as American made in the past. Deception was there forty years ago too. We just assumed that what we got was American made. Many electronics and electronic parts were produced in foreign countries in the past and noone questioned where they came from. Our outsourcing of jobs has increased ten fold since the fifties though. We replaced them with consumer oriented jobs. An Economy can't survive long that way, as is evident, unless fake money is produced somehow. That is the job of the banks and stock markets. I like the quotes in the bible:"all things are possible to him that believeth" and "Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole" which should have included the word truth. Knowledge of the words "The Devil would have you believe a lie" is critical of success long term. We can't put our faith in the compounded lies that are out there. The truth is seven and a good lie only reaches six. Compound lies and you wind up with 666 which is still less than the truth of 7. Funny how numbers deceive people so often. Numbers are often used to blind us from the truth.

Most Chinese are good people. They are very organized and seem to have overall good morals. I like most of the ones I know, they are different than me but I still respect their ways. Most have very traditional values.
edit on 9-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You all seem to think the collapse of the West would destroy the world, and that ALL nations including China would collapse. What a load of bulls**t.

Basic economics says that the entire world economy would collapse if the USA collapsed. That's just the truth of the matter. Your' hate'n on the USA doesn't change that. All industrialized nations are very, very, connected now. The loss of any one of them will effect the others dramatically.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If America were not so damn busy bailing out the rest of the world for their problems, we still might be the prominate nation in the world. America needs to step back and let the rest of the world work out their own problems. Of course once we do so, everyone else will be knocking down our door demanding help.

Here is a good example…

America gives $30 billion per Year in aid!

U.S. Foreign Aid

More than $30 Billion dollars. Plus money for Pakistan and Afganistan that may be listed in the budget under "global war on terror".

US Foreign operations funding 2011

USAid, Administration-----------------$1,527,000,000
Bilateral Economic Assistance--------$21,209,000,000
Military/Security Assistance----------$8,117,000,000
Multilateral Assistance----------------$2,303,000,000

Total---------------------------------$33,155,000,000

UK Foreign Aid

The UK gives 7 billion pounds (about 11 billion US dollars).

Can you imagine how many people would die off if we didn’t provide aid in food to the world? There is only one word to define what would happen if we didn’t do so.

“WAR”!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Cosmic911

Holding a large amount of weapons doesn't make you a superpower, you still need a working economy and people to use them...

When push comes to shove, do you really think the people in power are willing to accept loss of that power. It is naive to think so. You don't get to be a superpower without being prepared to make really tough choices. Every nation goes through economic struggles. Its premature to believe America is close to allowing its economics to impact its ability to remain a superpower. Not even close. Any nation maintaining a defense budget of 800 billion dollars isn't even close to economic collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join