It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Westerners Are Deluded

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You read the title correctly, I'm so sick of hearing people from the West stating that the decline and fall of America/Europe has been engineered by pro-globalist agents in order to usher in a one world order.
Well let me give you a sad reality check, no it isn't whilst your countries might be going downhill it doesn't mean the world is ending, the East is a rising power and those institutions which once operated in the West are now moving to the East.
You all seem to think the collapse of the West would destroy the world, and that ALL nations including China would collapse. What a load of bulls**t.
The West had its time as the dominant world power and now it is struggling to come to terms that its reign is over, so as it struggles it is making up excuses such as "its been engineered by the nwo".
The East is rising..

+8 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's true.
We have an ample supply of bulls***.
The superwealthy shove it at us everyday.
And the deluded masses will tell you it tastes good.

The brilliance of trickle down economics.
We are getting pissed on.

edit on 7-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Take it...you can have all the power you want. I as a westerner and an American am simply tired of dealing with the responsibilities that come with being the world's dominant power.

I never wanted it to begin with. I was just dealt this hand. I'll do what I can to change it.

Good luck!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Take it...you can have all the power you want. I as a westerner and an American am simply tired of dealing with the responsibilities that come with being the world's dominant power.

I never wanted it to begin with. I was just dealt this hand. I'll do what I can to change it.

Good luck!

The fall of the west will allow places like America to rebuild their respective countries.
I wanted to make this thread because I'm so tired of everyone saying "Oh no Britain is back in recession here comes the nwo!!!" or stuff like that.
Truth is, the East is rising and they do not want to share their growing power with the West, they had to grovel to countries like America and Britain now they want you to grovel to them, in a hypothetical sense.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Whatever, the seemingly engineerd banking and financial crisis overhere does not have much to do with the rising power of Asia.

About the NWO, they are definately trying to centralise power overhere.

The world may be changing but don't think that the fate of our market is not connected to that of Asian markets.

+23 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What??!!

You're all wrong. The West didn't just lose the power as in we dropped the ball. The power was wrestled from our hands in an underhanded, behind the scenes set of strategic moves that are still taking place as we speak.

The central government should never have gotten as much power as it has now. If our population was vigilant, this wouldn't have happened. Unfortunately the British and others have steadily been working behind the scenes paying off our elected officials while we slept and now this is the outcome.

The rise of the east is just part of the plan, you dilts. Elements of our federal government raising taxes and making it illegal to make certain items in America have caused the movement of millions of jobs to move abroad.

Unions have been a big factor involved in causing prices and wages to rise too high for the sustainability of businesses. That of course is the progressive left which has its roots in Europe.

Do some critical thinking every once in a while cuz your lack of which is making me hurt!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
whilst your countries might be going downhill it doesn't mean the world is ending, the East is a rising power and those institutions which once operated in the West are now moving to the East.
You all seem to think the collapse of the West would destroy the world, and that ALL nations including China would collapse. What a load of bulls**t.

the East is and has always been more noble and potent, already.

when the West and its zionist arrogants go down they are already determined and willing to bring down the rest of the world with them - whether using some 8500 nuclear warheads, or ceasing to cool a couple of its 104 nuclear reactors and the world is history as far as functional humans.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have to say I don't think our economy's so much declining as it is failing our people (but hey, I'm deluded here, right?
). Major change is definitely on the horizon. If it means the Eastern nations "rising to power," so be it in my book. Long as they don't bring any "power trip" around my door, I have no quarrels.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why the hell can't we all just rise together instead of fighting in all these various arenas(philosophical, cultural, economic, religious) for dominance?

In the meantime while that dream remains unrealized let them have the power, so long as they don't exploit us. The Chinese are more numerous and, to be honest, more conscious than us Americans. They have a better chance to take the power back from the oligarchy.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

The fall of the west will allow places like America to rebuild their respective countries.
I wanted to make this thread because I'm so tired of everyone saying "Oh no Britain is back in recession here comes the nwo!!!" or stuff like that.
Truth is, the East is rising and they do not want to share their growing power with the West, they had to grovel to countries like America and Britain now they want you to grovel to them, in a hypothetical sense.

I agree that America needs to be rebuilt. It's a reformation of the people and the power (people gaining back the power) that is needed most. We have been complacent in our actions for far to long and as a result we are suffering. Others are suffering.

I don't know what to expect on the world arena at this point. I can only speculate, keep and open but skeptical mind and hope for the best.

I don't wish anyone ill will.

edit on 5/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Concurred.

Restructure would be a more proper word than rebuild, I think.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912
I have to say I don't think our economy's so much declining as it is failing our people (but hey, I'm deluded here, right?
). Major change is definitely on the horizon. If it means the Eastern nations "rising to power," so be it in my book. Long as they don't bring any "power trip" around my door, I have no quarrels.

If you don't think America and the West are in decline then yes, you are severely deluded. America no longer has the manufacturing base which made it a superpower, without that manufacturing base and with America now being heavily reliant on imported goods, it is now impossible for America to keep the title of world superpower. It is inevitable it will collapse, unless it manages to build a new manufacturing base.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Why the hell can't we all just rise together instead of fighting in all these various arenas(philosophical, cultural, economic, religious) for dominance?

In the meantime while that dream remains unrealized let them have the power, so long as they don't exploit us. The Chinese are more numerous and, to be honest, more conscious than us Americans. They have a better chance to take the power back from the oligarchy.

Well maybe its because you kicked them around, exploited their lands, and made war against them? Many countries in Asia haven't forgotten how they were treated under European colonialism, why can't they do the same what you did to them?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't want to argue, guy. Manufacturing isn't the only factor of an economy. When it comes to resources and labor power, our economy hasn't really lost anything. Losing manufacturing isn't a decline of economic quantity, it's a failure in economic structure.

+26 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Alright. Someone has to start calling BS on this type of argument.

You can't argue that eye for an eye bit, because the circumstances are different. You argue that entire countries take actions that everyone within that country is informed about. America is the most propagandized nation on earth. We've been hoodwinked into thinking all kinds of things so the big wigs could get done whatever they wanted. There are criminal elements all around that exploit both the Americans for their approval and other counties' citizens for the big wig's personal gain.

Stop saying things like America's chickens are coming home to roost. We didn't vote on exploitation, nor did we know it was going on. The idea seems so crazy that even now it seems hard to grasp. 99 percent of the people on earth are good people. They want to live well and they want to do right by their neighbors and families.

Your anger at an entire nation needs to be checked and to do that takes a little more courage than the average person normally uses. Use your brain to decide what's right and wrong and have the courage to believe something that might be against the grain.

That's how you improve the world.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Asia is rising to power i'll give you that. But do we really have any idea where that power is going and how it's distributed. Like you said OP they are tired of "Groveling to America and the EU. Now it's the wests turn to grovel" Last I checked the average Joe in china has far fewer rights than the average Joe in any western nation... So in reality Asia isn't getting a damn thing. Well the people of Asia anyway. So I ask you how is than any better? We are just condensing power down to an even smaller group of people who care even less about human rights.

You talk like the "NWO" only exists in America and the EU. Do you not think it's a global network? How could it not be! America and the EU are the real threat because we still have half a leg to stand on... Rights, freedoms, some times our voice is heard, and gun's lots and lots of gun's. The populas of nations like China and India are left completely exposed when there government decides to take "A new direction". Typically at the peoples expense. Here in America I would prefer to be taxed to death rather than worked to death... Neither if I had a choice...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

I would argue that it's not a failure at all, but a completely conscious decision towards a definite well thought out end. Don't make the mistake that these things happen by accident. Just about everything they show on TV is a complete fabrication.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou

Alright. Someone has to start calling BS on this type of argument.

You can't argue that eye for an eye bit, because the circumstances are different. You argue that entire countries take actions that everyone within that country is informed about. America is the most propagandized nation on earth. We've been hoodwinked into thinking all kinds of things so the big wigs could get done whatever they wanted. There are criminal elements all around that exploit both the Americans for their approval and other counties' citizens for the big wig's personal gain.

Stop saying things like America's chickens are coming home to roost. We didn't vote on exploitation, nor did we know it was going on. The idea seems so crazy that even now it seems hard to grasp. 99 percent of the people on earth are good people. They want to live well and they want to do right by their neighbors and families.

Your anger at an entire nation needs to be checked and to do that takes a little more courage than the average person normally uses. Use your brain to decide what's right and wrong and have the courage to believe something that might be against the grain.

That's how you improve the world.

I beg your pardon but at which country am I supposedly angry with?
I am not angry at any countries, this thread is about the rise of the East and how Westerners feel that the collapse of the West will create a nwo.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Okay I was thinking in the future not in the past. As you mentioned the empire I am a part of by birth and not choice is on the way out. What comes from the remains will either be freer and more open or crueler and more repressive than the current regime. You seem to want to perpetuate this fraudulent nation-state game with your team on top, so does that really make you personally more enlightened and powerful than us "deluded (though we are) westerners"? If your team takes the lead then there will be just as much oppression and injustice in the world and you are implicitly fine with that, as long as it is coming from a different geopolitical angle that supports your preconceptions.

With that kind of thinking you are just empowering a different clique of oligarchs

And going by the logic that I and my fellow citizens are personally responsible for all the wrongs this country has done then I guess it is the exploited Chinese worker's fault that the Chinese worker is exploited, and it is his fault that they are polluting their land to an historic degree. It is the Chinese citizen's fault for Mao's Long March, for his Great Leap Forward which resulted in enormous famine. It is also the Chinese citizen's fault for the cultural revolution, Tienanmen square, the war with the Russians, the Korean War, the mass censorship of the internet, and many many more things. So yeah. Those are all your bad I guess.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

Given.

My definition in "failure" was more along the lines of it failing to benefit the general public.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join