It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new philosophy - Volism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Logic and reason exist because of fear. Love does not need logic or reason.

Sorry, but just the opposite, only when you learn to face your fears are you able to use logic and reason.

Knowing is knowing

This is pure drivel.

You know nothing but the perspective you have gained of the world from living.

You are incapable of knowing the whole truth, because the whole truth is far beyond your comprehension.

Therefore you must have the courage to be willing to act on that which you have learned, from the perspective you have gained from this world.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Again, it is not passion which causes war, it is arrogance.

To look for yourself is arrogance.

Only by looking out into the world can you look away from yourself, and that is how you gain knowledge and become a better person.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Again, it is not passion which causes war, it is arrogance.

To look for yourself is arrogance.

Only by looking out into the world can you look away from yourself, and that is how you gain knowledge and become a better person.

Have you even checked to see what you are before deciding that you have to become better. You will not find yourself out there. Why do you turn away from the self?

The self is the only sanctuary in this crazy, mad world. When you are fed up with all the sound and fury you will seek peace.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Learning who we are is the first thing we all do. You can not separate yourself from yourself, and concentrating on the self is a waste of life.

I know I can become better, because my exploration of this world has made me better, has taught me a great many things.

Why do you think that you can not become better?

You need to become less self absorbed.

While I see madness and disorder in the world, I see the reasons for this. I can always find peace, and my passion for life does not prevent me from finding peace, and it is always there when I seek it, but life is about far more than peace.

Living in defying inertia, not embracing inertia.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It is ok to want to be better if there is the recognition of disease (dis- ease). To want to cure the dis-eased (uneasy) mind of the human condition is a worthy pursuit.
However, to want to be better because you think you are not good enough or think you are missing something, or that you have to have something to make you happy is the uneasiness that is the human condition.
Needing desire is still a desire. Ultimately nothing is needed to feel happy, it is your natural state prior to any desire.
You are already complete. Desire is the denial of completeness.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

To want to be better is to grow, which is the nature of all life as we know it.

Disease does not create growth, it causes one to shrivel up and die unless a cure is found.

It seems most of what you believe is backwards.

Those who go out there in the world, live life with passion, are healthier and less likely to contract diseases.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

People live in communities for many reasons, security being but a small portion of those reasons.

I don't know why you are so obsessed with fear. Fear is an emotion that serves its purpose during those times when it is rational to be afraid, but very few people live in fear, and those that do are suffering from a form of psychosis.

There is a difference between being scared and being fearful. Being scared is acknowledging the sense of danger but still being able to act upon it. Fear is when you are limited; immobilized even. You can attempt to point the finger all you want but it is not I that is obsessed with fear, it is the majority of the world, regardless of what you think. You aren't looking deep enough. Just because someone is living in the agreeable standards of today's society does not mean that their minds aren't in constant subconscious fear. This is a fear that doesn't arrive to the surface of your mind and you will never know it exists.

It is only when someone finds themselves in the present moment are they free of fear. If you are constantly thinking about the past you are most likely depressed, saddened that your life is not what it used to be, perhaps. If your mind is always thinking about the future, you are going to be anxious. I can tell you that most people live in either one of these two. In this fast-paced world it is more commonly the future. They always think they need to do this and that, work here, talk to these people. "There is never enough time to get all the things done I need to do!"

It's like this with most people. The result? Depression and anxiety. Fearful of the 'future'.

Most people work jobs because it affords them the things that they want, living indoors, having a private bathroom, driving a car that goes a hundred miles and hour or more, TV, all those other material possessions and activities that earning money in a modern civilization allows people to enjoy.

Those material possessions are added benefits of having a job. A homeless man desperate for a job does not think to himself "I need to get a job so that I can get a nice TV." He wants a job so that he can have food, shelter, and security. These are results of fear. Fear of dying. It goes much further than that with regular people, however. "You're a bum 'cause you don't have a job!" Because all normal people have a job right? You must get a job if you want to be socially accepted. Another fear. Fear of being socially rejected.

There are many people whose lives are hindered by negative emotions, not everyone succeeds in their goals in life. That is not fear, it is called depression. Many personally don't care for suburbia and see a great many problems with our current way of living, but they don't live in fear. We all get depressed at times, emotional cycles are normal, and those who don't get depressed, IMO, are only fooling themselves, or must live a very, very boring existence.

I like what Chopra has to say about that:

If you look at depression without judgment, it can be seen as the final battlefront against fear. Depressed people are on the verge of giving up, and indeed some will make the perilous choice of trying to end their lives. But before that stage, depression is a last line of defense, in which the mind runs for cover, shutting all operations down to a minimum, providing just enough life support for survival.

I don't see how you came to the conclusion that I think my experiences "would cause you(me) not to be able to grow or evolve". I have stated just the opposite many times. How can you make this claim if you have read what I have written? How can we have a discussion if you don't bother to read what I post.

Please do not use that petty, overused, argumentative tactic against me. You did not come to a correct understanding of what I was trying to convey.

Just because you "accept everything as just 'being what it is", doesn't mean you understand the being of that existence. All you know is your own perspective, and only what you can learn about other beings. Those who claim different, are in opinion, either charlatans or living in delusion.

This is where you shoot yourself in the foot.

You make the claim "All you know is your own perspective" and indeed that is true. In fact, all you can know is from your own perspective. Meaning the being of existence from the perspective of anyone else is irrelevant to you; false. The being of anything in existence is only relevant to you and any understanding is correct because there is only one description, and that is the one from your perspective. Any understanding of an object in reality is THE understanding of that object, because that relevancy is the only thing you have. That relevancy is the only thing that exists. Nothing else.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

To want to be better is to grow, which is the nature of all life as we know it.

Go ask the deer, running through the woods, what she wants to be better at.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What you call enlightenment, I call boredom, been there done that. Just because you pursue your way of thinking doesn't make your way better than everyone else's, or make your way the only way, or the superior way.

Boredom? Really? In my tasting of enlightenment i have traveled out of the body and seen realms most folks only dream of. I have tasted an infinity others only wonder about. Every day is filled with bliss, each second is magnificent and lacks nothing. Completeness is ever present and boredom is an illusion. What you have assumed is boring, is jam packed with skittle rainbows everywhere i look, on a plain of absolute freedom. Every additional breath is a gift, another day on earth a gift, every experience filled with Love

Those who came before us have left us Buddhism, nonduality, philosophy, various spiritual paths and a clear path to completeness and wholeness. I now lack nothing.

So again i repeat, have fun with desiring and i'll be more than happy to pass.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Being scared is considered a short lived emotion, fear is longer. Yes you can be paralyzed with fear, but that is irrational fear, when you let your emotions get the best of you.

I have been out there, and talk to large variety of people regularly. Few people live in fear, and those that do have serious problems.

Knowing the past, and looking to the future are perfectly normal, intelligent processes to practice, just the same as thinking about what is going on at other places, and in other peoples minds. The only people I know who are obsessed with the past or future, again are people with serious problems.

Depression is different for different people, but for most it is not about fear, but emotional death, loss of a passion for life. People who felt that they have lost everything that was important to them, don't fear anything, because they are not afraid of dying, they are ready to go.

Sorry, but you are wrong about this concept of fear, and I have explained why. In addition, it is a bit arrogant to try to categorize everyone in this way. I have a great deal more respect for my fellow human being, I see competent, amazing people everywhere, who are well adjusted, and certainly don't live their lives in fear.

Have you ever known anyone who was homeless? I have known more than a few. A large percentage of them have serious mental problems. My personal opinion of mental illness is that it is caused by physical problems with their brain, and there is a great deal of evidence to support this. It is a shame, people don't treat those with cancer or other illnesses or injuries as bums, why are people with mental illness given such harsh treatment, Many of homeless are simply addicts of some sort or another, but not as many as you might think, and I think it is likely that addictions are likely a symptom of some sort of brain illness as well. There are a few people who lost their jobs through no fault of their own, have no one to turn to, and wound up on the street, more so in current times when the employment situation has become so harsh, with the rise of the slave labor work force around the globe. There are also those who are homeless who simply dropped out of the rat race, and plenty of them are happy living the life they live, but they don't live in the cities. Some people on the street suffer from phobias, but most aren't living in fear

Maybe the real problem is that you don't understand what I am saying, but clearly you like to use the tactic of putting beliefs that you think I hold, while ignoring what I have actually posted, in quite clear language.

Here is but another example.

Meaning the being of existence from the perspective of anyone else is irrelevant to you

Nope, not at all what I said means. A gross characteristically. I have written a book titled, "The Pursuit of Common Sense" you can find online, where I explain this more thoroughly. A great deal of everyone's perspective of reality comes from what they learn from others, in fact for those who read and study, most of what they know comes from others, because what we can experience and observe on our own is limited. Your ability to look at things from the perspective of others, to emphasize with them is one of the most important things to learn, and one of the critical virtues to develop.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The deer experiences many emotions beside fear.

Like all living things, it finds many exciting things in this physical world we live in.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Been there, done that, and so many other things.

Bliss is an emotion, all you are doing is expressing your passion for what floats your boat.

When you wake up to the many great things the physical experience of living has to offer, then you will have made that next step to a higher plane. Take advantage of the great possibility this physical life has to offer.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Been there, done that, and so many other things.

My friend, that which i am referring to, isnt something which one can be there to, or do that, which brings to question whether you overstand what i refer to.

Bliss is an emotion, all you are doing is expressing your passion for what floats your boat.

Again there seems to be a gap in semantics. The bliss i refer to is ever present and not something i express. It is a divine bliss that transcends me having any power over it, let alone expressing it.

When you wake up to the many great things the physical experience of living has to offer, then you will have made that next step to a higher plane. Take advantage of the great possibility this physical life has to offer.

Been there done that. All fleeting, all empty unless the divine has been realized. Even after realization, there is nothing to take advantage of, but to give way to divine will which is spontaneous and selfless. What i refer to transcends an "I having to desire and have passion". Im certainly glad this volism isnt a spiritual path, for it merely constitutes another 1 of the 10,000 distractions that the mind grasps onto which other than the absolute truth.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Yet you don't seem to come off as a person existing in ever present godly bliss.

Your posts reveal frustration, lack of respect for the opinions of others, arrogance, and delusion.

That you offhandedly dismiss the many great things the physical experience of living has to offer, demonstrates how limited your understanding of this world really is.

Bliss is an emotional state, whether or not you choose to recognize it. All happiness is an emotional state. It is all part of God's gift of life in this physical world.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yet you don't seem to come off as a person existing in ever present godly bliss.

Your posts reveal frustration, lack of respect for the opinions of others, arrogance, and delusion.

That you offhandedly dismiss the many great things the physical experience of living has to offer, demonstrates how limited your understanding of this world really is.

Bliss is an emotional state, whether or not you choose to recognize it. All happiness is an emotional state. It is all part of God's gift of life in this physical world.

Physical existence is experienced but it is transitory, it is ever changing, moving, morphing and ungraspable. To be lost on the world of things is suffering.
To know thyself as the peace that sees and knows the sound and fury is bliss.

All things come and go, all states of mind come and go but what they appear within never comes or goes. When you find that you will have all you could have ever desired.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Physical existence is experienced but it is transitory

And you might want to consider that there is a reason why we go through this experience.

The physical world in which you now live exists for a purpose. Learn from it.

To be lost is suffering, whether or not it you are lost in the world of things

If you go through this life without ever knowing passion, without ever knowing loss or pain or suffering, as well as not knowing pleasure, celebration, or victory, then you have wasted your life, and will have to repeat it again.

You have to learn how to get lost, in order to learn how to find your way again.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I was lost but now am found.
What is it you believe you have to learn and for what?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The physical world in which you now live exists for a purpose. Learn from it.

Who has given it its purpose? You or someone else? Surely 'it' hasn't given itself a purpose.

If you go through this life without ever knowing passion, without ever knowing loss or pain or suffering, as well as not knowing pleasure, celebration, or victory, then you have wasted your life, and will have to repeat it again.

Who lives without ever feeling passion? Who lives without ever feeling loss, pain and suffering? Who lives without
ever feeling pleasure and joy? No one! Therefore who has wasted their life? No one!

You have to learn how to get lost, in order to learn how to find your way again.

Who tries to learn how to get lost? No one. The feeling, "I am lost", arises and causes one to try to find their way again. They search until they realize they never were lost to begin with, it was just an illusion; a mistake in perception.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Being scared is considered a short lived emotion, fear is longer. Yes you can be paralyzed with fear, but that is irrational fear, when you let your emotions get the best of you.

Which is all too common amongst humanity. As I have said, these are hidden subconscious fears.

Knowing the past, and looking to the future are perfectly normal, intelligent processes to practice, just the same as thinking about what is going on at other places, and in other peoples minds. The only people I know who are obsessed with the past or future, again are people with serious problems.

You can not know what does not exist. This is futile. Prove to me that any moment other than now exists.

Depression is different for different people, but for most it is not about fear, but emotional death, loss of a passion for life. People who felt that they have lost everything that was important to them, don't fear anything, because they are not afraid of dying, they are ready to go.

This just reinforces the quote I posted by Chopra. He claimed that depression was a final defense mechanism against fear. Trying to shut down all emotional parts of the mind as to try and deter fear from your life. As you have said, they are emotionally dead.

Nope, not at all what I said means. A gross characteristically. I have written a book titled, "The Pursuit of Common Sense" you can find online, where I explain this more thoroughly. A great deal of everyone's perspective of reality comes from what they learn from others, in fact for those who read and study, most of what they know comes from others, because what we can experience and observe on our own is limited. Your ability to look at things from the perspective of others, to emphasize with them is one of the most important things to learn, and one of the critical virtues to develop.

No tactics are being used other than logic. You may receive information from others but you can not directly experience their perception. It will never be the same as theirs. Your perspective is just as subjective as theirs is. We both may look at the sky and call it blue but how can you prove that our blues are the same? How can you logically prove that anything exists other than your own mind?

The deer experiences many emotions beside fear.

Like all living things, it finds many exciting things in this physical world we live in.

You did not answer my question. What does Bambi desire to be better at?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Assumptions almost never prove to be true. Having not met me in person, can one then really make a judgment about a person? From all your posts here, not once have i made an assumption about what you seem like, but do know that looking at all this macrocosmically, volism dont work.

I have nothing to be frustrated about, having been there and seen early on the volism is a dead end. Im saying, as are a bunch of folks here (itnowagain, lifeisenergy, erroneousdylan), that volism dont work, so there is no reason to be arrogant. I respect all peoples opinions, but if a child has an opinion that it might be fun to play with fire, then something must be said. Delusion is ego, selfishness, anything that is not Now. If im delusional then so is buddha, christ, socrates, plato, einstein, etc.

Did i say i dismiss what life has to offer? I dont see me stating that anywhere. There is a difference between desiring things and enjoying them. You seem to have to approach these things w desire and passion. I just allow what comes to come and its effortless.

Nevermind. You wouldn't understand what im talking about unless you yourself have tasted it. I can produce or,emote happiness and it comes and goes according to circumstances. There is a divine bliss that exists that is not produced by me and exists even in the frontlines of a war zone. Transcendence can only be known by experience, it cannot be fathomed intellectually.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join