It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new philosophy - Volism

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

We are here to learn a vast number of things, emotional control is one of them, discovery, how to be creative in such a physical world, what it means to struggle to survive, and on and on.

Those who pretend they have mastered all of these things, are only fooling themselves.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

If you believe in a higher power, then you should easily see that the world has given itself purpose, the world being one with God.

Who lives without ever feeling passion? Who lives without ever feeling loss, pain and suffering? Who lives without
ever feeling pleasure and joy? No one! Therefore who has wasted their life? No one!

Then you should have no question as to why passion is so important. Those who seek to avoid passion seek to avoid their true selves, and so they waste their precious time on this physical plane.

Everyone who seeks to explore this world, who seeks to learn, lives with the joy of finding things new, does not fear getting lost in near territory, in fact, seeks it out.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

It is said, that only if you are willing to die, are you truly free. I guess on that level you can say that everyone who fears death lives in a degree of fear, deep down in their subconscious, but I don't see that as a problem. Fear of death only exists for those who love life.

Prove to me that now exists. Aren't all moments now, future past and present.

You may receive information from others but you can not directly experience their perception. It will never be the same as theirs.

Exactly, that is why no one has total understanding. This still does not counter what I wrote about the perspectives of others, it is still very important to try and gain understanding of the perspectives of others, and your claim that I consider the perspective of anyone else to be irrelevant, is completely false.

I answered your question, Bambi desires to be better at many things.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I am not assuming anything about you, I am making an observation based on what you are putting out.

You seem to have to approach these things w desire and passion.

Not at all, and I have not written anything to indicate this, it is an assumption on your part.

Whether or not you choose to find true passion in this world is your choice. It is true, children should not play with fire, and only handle it under supervision until they learn to respect it, so maybe you aren't ready for the next level.

All emotions exist at a higher level. As I have already stated, I have long ago experienced what you are talking about.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

So you have posited a "higher power", meaning God, as the one who gives purpose to life. You have now just opened pandora's box, so I will leave this alone.

Those who seek to avoid passion seek to avoid their true selves, and so they waste their precious time on this physical plane.

Who is this "true self"? I would like to hear your answer.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Prove to me that now exists. Aren't all moments now, future past and present.

That is paradoxal. All there is, is the Now. The Now can not contain things which do not exist such as the future and the past. I can exist in the Now because that is all there is. I am doing it right now. The term the "future" is just a point to the false-concept of time. I can tell you that 4 seconds from reading this there will be another moment which is the Now but that is still folly. The Now is not there it is here. There are not separate moments of the Now. There is only one moment and there has only ever been one moment and that moment is Now. The year 1875 is the same moment as right now. It is not in the past. We are just in a different state of existing than what we were during that time. There is no time between, however.

Exactly, that is why no one has total understanding. This still does not counter what I wrote about the perspectives of others, it is still very important to try and gain understanding of the perspectives of others, and your claim that I consider the perspective of anyone else to be irrelevant, is completely false.

You have total understanding. It is just total understanding of your perspective. What else do you have? You can not experience the perspective of others, therefore, all the information you receive from others is still your perspective. There is not you and I with our separate perspective. There is only you and I am a part of your perspective. And there is only I and you are apart of my perspective. Together we do not exists but separately we are together.

As you have said:

You know nothing but the perspective you have gained of the world from living.

You do not know or understand anything from the perspective of others because there is no perspective from others. You only exist in your reality and all you have to perceive that reality is your mind with your filters. Everyone and thing in your reality exists because you are perceiving it. You exist in my reality because I am perceiving you and I exist in your reality because you are perceiving me. You can not prove otherwise.

I answered your question, Bambi desires to be better at many things.

All you have said was that the deer finds many things exciting and has many other emotions besides fear. Please tell me what exactly a deer desires to be better at.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I am not assuming anything about you, I am making an observation based on what you are putting out.

Your observation is a relative assumption thats subjective. Your mind has opted to paint a picture that isnt true, over an entirely different reality. All these things that you have assumed about me is not held by my coworkers, siblings, parents, philosophical debate group, nor by anyone that personally knows, nor have i heard any of these assumptions of yours talked about behind my back. So considering there is roughly around 100 or so folks that know me personally and dont hold this view that you do, well then the only practical conclusion is that your biased assumptions are completely your own delusions.

Not at all, and I have not written anything to indicate this, it is an assumption on your part.

As some of the other posters are saying, your arguments are becoming full of paradoxical contradictions in your attempt to justify volism and add all your quarks to it. There not much sense being made here anymore.

Whether or not you choose to find true passion in this world is your choice. It is true, children should not play with fire, and only handle it under supervision until they learn to respect it, so maybe you aren't ready for the next level.

Unless this "next level" you refer to is spiritual enlightenment or union w God, which im assuming it isnt, im cool on whatever this level of yours has to offer. Volism isnt anything new. Philosophers have been discussing these topics for millennia and if this volism had any kind of significant impact, it would already have been one ofthe main staples of society, yet its not which speaks for itself.

On an additional note, i remember pre-existing and in that state there was no need for desire or passion. Everythingwas love and everything was complete. Life on earth is 99.999999% illusion based.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

OOOHHHH NOOOO Mr Bill, you have trapped me in your clever trap, what am I supposed to doooooo?

Except, I didn't say I believed in God, I said if you believe in God.

So now it is my turn to ask a question.

Do you believe in God or some higher power, any particular heathen god you embrace, and if not, what is your particular problem with passion?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If you consider the now as the point of rendering where the world is shaped, then I think you have a solid point, but your must remember that everything from the planet you exist upon to the home where you live was created in the past, as the rendering of the now moved through space. That the forces that shape this world are set upon a path, and that it is quite possible to see where that path is heading, and so the possibilities of the future, depending upon the actions that you take to shape future possibilities, within your tiny sphere of influence.

I would say that we are pretty much in agreement about perspective, but I would say that through experience and observation, it is possible to have a pretty good idea of the perspectives of others.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Maybe I see things that others who know you don't. Maybe in a discussion here on a web forum where you are relatively anonymous, a side of you comes out that others do not see.

I also know many people and have a great deal of life experience, and my observations tend to be very accurate. I earn a living figuring out what others can not. It wouldn't be the first time that the majority was against me, only in the end for me to be proven right, it happens all the time.

If you can point out those paradoxes you claim are in my post, and demonstrate them to be such with logic and reason, then please do so, because so far all you have offered is opinion without substance. I am only here to defend the critical importance of passion on this physical plain, not to defend Volism, but to point out what I see as valid in the concept.

The level I refer to is spiritual evolution, and it requires numerous steps of enlightenment, without ending or beginning. Should you succeed in continuing on with your spiritual evolution, you will learn that there is far more than you can possibly imagine in this lifetime.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I had a mentor who taught me: Principals and duties come first, desires and feelings come last. If you can abide by this law, you will always see success!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ahhhhhhh you got me, u win!!!!!!! Im arrogant and delusional and all those other things. And buddhism, mysticism,nonduality, philosophy and all these other 2000+ year old branches of study that logically explain that desire is suffering and illusion are wrong.

My friend, i bow to your ancient wisdom and wonder why a passionate master like yourself is yet without published works and without a following. Surely the masses have been waiting for this passion based truth and desire based wisdom you have to offer.

I shall spread the word of,not only your coming, but also of your victories here on this thread!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

If you consider the now as the point of rendering where the world is shaped, then I think you have a solid point, but your must remember that everything from the planet you exist upon to the home where you live was created in the past, as the rendering of the now moved through space. That the forces that shape this world are set upon a path, and that it is quite possible to see where that path is heading, and so the possibilities of the future, depending upon the actions that you take to shape future possibilities, within your tiny sphere of influence.

I would say that we are pretty much in agreement about perspective, but I would say that through experience and observation, it is possible to have a pretty good idea of the perspectives of others.

The world in dreams was not created in the past. What is appearing now is appearing now. You believe in the material plane were 'things' are built out of solid blocks. Quantum physisists have not found any solid building blocks!! What you see before you is an appearance that appears just like a dream.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Ahh, so from all the teachings of "buddhism, mysticism,nonduality, philosophy and all these other 2000+ year old branches of study" you have learned to be a master of sarcasm.

Honestly, I haven't sought publication for my book of philosophy, I am still vetting the concepts.

To honor creation, one should strive to become a creator.

edit on 15-5-2012 by poet1b because: typo

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Maybe you think it is all a dream, but have someone smack you between the eyes with a 2x4, and you will find this world of dreams bites back.

Part of the problem with our current high tech world, people have lost touch with the reality of this world, and lost connection between actions and consequences.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

I was taught that duty comes before pleasure, which I think is essentially the same concept.

The Romans considered celebration to be a virtue, and I agree. Work hard, but don't forget to enjoy life. Just remember to also practice the Egyptian virtue of balance.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join