It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new philosophy - Volism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Desire is life. It protects us from boredom. It gives meaning to life. Everything is conscious desire. Flowers desire sunlight and water. People desire food, water, and shelter. The wind desires to blow. The sun desires to shine. The Earth desires to bear life. Desire is the conscious energy that flows throughout the universe.

A problem occurs when a person interferes with another person's desire. This is when bad things like killing, stealing, rape, and enslavement (controlling others) happen. This is, I believe, to be the source of all evil. It is the suppression of another's divine desire.

I used to think too much. I used to measured life in happiness and I used to think about my choices and which one "really" makes me happiest. That would confuse me when I couldn't find the most "happiest" choice.

I used to focus on this happy positivity because of the New Age beliefs.

Now, thinking in terms of desire, life is much easier. I stay true to my nature. I feel more free. I express myself. I allow others to do what they desire without trying to control them.

Every time I make a new philosophy, I focus on universals. I focus on the basics which are intrinsic to the universe.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

See, the thing that bugs me about this site is that posts applauding RP for his antics or posts that are all doom and gloom get stars and flags coming out the yinny, but truly inspirational posts like the one you just put here rarely pick up any real steam. Kudos, though. If only more people lived like that.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

live and let live, anybody who can't go with that, take em outside and shoot the m'fer

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
People like u bring me hope for this world and let's me know theres "good" people out there just like me

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

But see you just contradicted yourself there. Shooting someone is not what I would call "letting live" lol. The way I see it is this: If people can't be bothered to leave others alone and live peaceably than I would say that they can go do that somewhere else. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one by far, so there would be numbers behind that decision if the infraction was severe enough to catch general attention. I've personally had enough of people killing eachother over medial crap.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Every time I make a new philosophy, I focus on universals. I focus on the basics which are intrinsic to the universe.

Thats is a compassionate way to go at it arpgme
. I can understand your view on this as well.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think that Buddha said that desire is cause for pain and suffering.

If you desire nothing there is no need to be unhappy.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
From what 1 observed its like there is understanding process related and it can be confusing to some who may not see the decyphering of words/emotions per ethnic group/species ect. So you may say I love you to another for instance but to another its only words and the another may understand better the feelings related to the words or emotions expressed related to the words. hence.......... you are happy because someone said they love you but the smile and happiness is detected FIRST may be the process over word said.

sorry if seems out of box.
edit on 5/7/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by arpgme

I think that Buddha said that desire is cause for pain and suffering.

If you desire nothing there is no need to be unhappy.

A man asked Buddha,
"I want happiness."

Buddha said first remove "I" that's ego. Then remove "want" that's desire.

See now you are left with only "happiness".
edit on 7-5-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

The desire to not have desires is still a desire. The things which people call "needs" such as food, and water, those are only needed because you have the DESIRE to live.
edit on 7-5-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

A problem occurs when a person interferes with another person's desire. This is when bad things like killing, stealing, rape, and enslavement (controlling others) happen. This is, I believe, to be the source of all evil. It is the suppression of another's divine desire...

I used to think too much.

so refusing to have sex with someone and the resulting rape is the suppression of someone's divine desire and the source of all evil?

if i refuse to give my goods up to someone and they steal it I was interfering with their divine desire for my material possessions?

maybe you should try thinking a little bit more...

a conclusion is something you come to when your tired of thinking..

and you have not thought this through at all...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

If a person is forcing you to have sex with them, then they are interfering with your desire to refuse the sex.

If a person is trying to take your goods away, then they are interfering with your desire to protect your stuff.

If a person has the desire to steal, automatically they will be interfering with another person's desire.

People should be able to do whatever they desire, but not when it interferes with another.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Desire is life. It protects us from boredom. It gives meaning to life. Everything is conscious desire. Flowers desire sunlight and water. People desire food, water, and shelter. The wind desires to blow. The sun desires to shine. The Earth desires to bear life. Desire is the conscious energy that flows throughout the universe.

Nice post. I find appreciation with most of what you said except that I find that life is less based on simple desire and more on the experience.

We come into the world like a dry sponge and the life we lead from that point could be equated with a basin of water. For each drop we take in, we grow from holding that drop. By the time we reach the end, we are full from each day and are ready (hopefully) for what comes next.

Faith teaches us to trust in deity. Science teaches us to trust in logic. But life is neither all one or the other. This small place in the universe we know as home is akin to a crib where the infant is safe from the dangers that lie just outside. We peer out in wonder and amazement at every star and galaxy. We watch comets pass and moon rises with each event spurring our thoughts and imaginations.

Desire is the want (or the need) for specific things... material or otherwise. But the realization of those desires is the experience from which we learn and grow and evolve.

Again, I enjoyed reading your words quite a lot. Thank you for sharing

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I believe Keith Richards has/had a skull ring to remind him that beauty is only skin deep. Similarly happiness varies in definition, reminding us only of its common trait of bringing joy and a smile to our faces when we encounter its adversary, pain and hardship.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

The desire to not have desires is still a desire. The things which people call "needs" such as food, and water, those are only needed because you have the DESIRE to live.

If you have no desire you can't desire not having desire.

But we all need foood that's true, I'm aware of that paradox.

I suggest you take it up with Buddha, just saying what he said about desire.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Good thread arpgme. Desire is very close to the root of my existence. However, I have also learned that sufferring is desire. I have had the realization before that if I stop desiring and searching, then what I am really looking for gets found immediately. The word that I think best describes this thing that I find is "peace".

I had a vision of a powerful cosmic being in my mind's eye look at me angrily and say, "You are desire". It was like she was telling me that this was a hideous thing to be.

So I do think you're right. I am desire. But I'm not sure if this is a good thing to be and I'm not sure if it is the only thing to be.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
sorry to say, but your "volism" fails miserably under a philosophical microscope.

Molester "desire" to molest. Killers desire to kill. Rapists desire to rape. The list goes on and on and just because of that premise, to allow desire in everyone to occur naturally, is ultimately a failed philosophy.

If we look at some philosophers, they speak of a lower "animalistic" nature, and a higher "spiritual" nature. We are called to transcend the lower & operate out of the higher.

If we are to be in the lower, we are no different than gorillas/apes, flinging crap around, killing, fighting, destroying (interestingly enough its what humans do). Survival of the fittest has no rules.

I say survival of the most enlightenment as a true motto. For then someone will be operating from the highest faculties in the highest state available.

Otherwise our desires are slaves of lust, anger, greed, corruption, etc etc.

Might want to rethink this

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The body needs fuel (food) and the brain directs the body to find it, there is no desire here.

The body needs oxygen and the brain directs the lungs to breath, there is no desire here.

The mind, which is just a bunch of "I" thoughts, has to position itself as the doer of all these things in order to secure its validity, yet it doesn't do anything but cause problems. The mind says, "I will not eat" and the body will send intensifying signals to the brain over riding this confusion. The mind says, "I will not breath", and the brain will pass out, or 'reboot', to remove the mind to ensure the lungs are able to continue to breath.

There is no desire in these processes. A desire would be the mind saying, "I want to eat this, or that.", or, "I want to breath deeper and/or faster". When the brain and body are allowed to be one, when there is not a mind interfering in this process, then there is no desire. Take this "I" out and allow life to continue as it may. Desire is the cause of suffering, because desire is rooted in the "ego", the "I", the "mind", which creates fragmentation (division) in the being.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
sorry to say, but your "volism" fails miserably under a philosophical microscope.

Molester "desire" to molest. Killers desire to kill. Rapists desire to rape. The list goes on and on and just because of that premise, to allow desire in everyone to occur naturally, is ultimately a failed philosophy.

Good points. However I can get you on the nitty gritty by saying that there are different levels of desire. Some more "purer" than others. For example, desire for world peace versus lust for neighbour.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You as the believed in separate identity is desire. Thinking is wanting, thinking is what you think you are. You are not a thinking entity really. You are awareness. You are aware of thinking arising and everything else that appears to arise.
You are awareness.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join