It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new philosophy - Volism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Desire is life. It protects us from boredom. It gives meaning to life. Everything is conscious desire. Flowers desire sunlight and water. People desire food, water, and shelter. The wind desires to blow. The sun desires to shine. The Earth desires to bear life. Desire is the conscious energy that flows throughout the universe.

A problem occurs when a person interferes with another person's desire. This is when bad things like killing, stealing, rape, and enslavement (controlling others) happen. This is, I believe, to be the source of all evil. It is the suppression of another's divine desire.

I used to think too much. I used to measured life in happiness and I used to think about my choices and which one "really" makes me happiest. That would confuse me when I couldn't find the most "happiest" choice.

I used to focus on this happy positivity because of the New Age beliefs.

Now, thinking in terms of desire, life is much easier. I stay true to my nature. I feel more free. I express myself. I allow others to do what they desire without trying to control them.

Every time I make a new philosophy, I focus on universals. I focus on the basics which are intrinsic to the universe.

You want desire to protect you from boredom??? Boredom is a killer isn't it? Have you ever sat with boredom and seen what it is, experienced it? You fear boredom but i doubt you have ever entered into it completely, you fear something you don't know. Boredom is a word used to descibe a state when there is nothing to do. You are not a human 'doing', you are a human 'being', but you have been programmed to 'do' and have totally forgotten how to 'be'.
It is not boredom that you fear because, what is 'boredom' anyway? What you really fear is yourself because you cannot be with yourself without a distraction. You need some 'thing'!!
The fear of boredom is what stops one from knowing thyself.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Eckhart Tolle

Most people's lives are run by desire and fear.

Not most of the people I know.

Osho

Desire is a dream

No it is not, it is realization of what one can do to make life better.

and to work for a dream is doomed from the very beginning, because a dream can never become real. Even if sometimes you feel it has become almost real, it never becomes real — a dream by nature is empty. It has no substance in it.

Only if your dream is unrealistic, like eternal bliss or enlightenment or perfection.

Swami Sivananda

Complete peace equally reigns between two mental waves.

Without those waves, peace can not exist.

Desire and ego are completely different things.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The root of desire is wanting to feel good and not feel bad. The fear is that i will feel bad, the desire is to feel good and stay away from bad. The human mind is judging and measuring in the attempt to keep or find the good feeling. It is not natural to feel good all the time, experiences come and go, existence is constantly changing. If you make your mind up that today i feel bad then you will not notice that it is constantly changing.
Find the one who sees the changing states that come and go and recognize that that one never comes and goes. When that one is found you will have all you could have ever hoped for. No more desire or fear. Total satisfaction.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Who fears boredom?

People I know get bored all the time, because they have gone out there in the world and gotten what they desire. They don't fear boredom, they just use it as a motivator to do something new.

Nobody programmed anyone to "DO", doing is a inherent part of being.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It is not natural to feel good all the time,

On this I completely agree. I see the key as being able to accept the bad with the good.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sensibleSenseless

We live in a relative world - things cannot be proven 100% because we do not know 100% of everything.

Exactly, we only know what we have learned from our own unique perspective of this world, and everyone has built their own unique vision of reality.

There is more going on than our conscious can ever comprehend.

No one knows the truth. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-5-2012 by poet1b because: typo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Who fears boredom?

People I know get bored all the time, because they have gone out there in the world and gotten what they desire. They don't fear boredom, they just use it as a motivator to do something new.

Nobody programmed anyone to "DO", doing is a inherent part of being.

The OP said that he/she needs desire to 'protect' him/herself from boredom.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

From the age of 4 -5 children go to school to be programmed to do. They learn to respond to buzzers and bells so they can work in this modern day slave camp called freedom. You are programmed to do and to want and to fear.
That 'program' is laid over the top of being. Being is unconditioned, prior to any thing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regent Leo
Your philosophy, while it sounds Eastern, bears a similarity to Randian Objectivism. Ayn Rand said that "Morality pertains only to the sphere of man’s free will—only to those actions which are open to his choice."

I haven't heard of Randian Objectivism - sounds interesting. Perhaps I will research it. Thank you.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Still doesn't mean that someone needs to fear boredom. We all need to protect ourselves from many states that can lead to destructive behavior. It doesn't mean that we should fear these things.

Children are also programmed to be many things. The problem is not a matter of being or doing, but the programming to be or do certain things things that destroy our liberty and our freedom.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The OP said that he/she needs desire to 'protect' him/herself from boredom.

I did not say "I" needed anything. I said that desire protects from boredom. That is just one of its features. I never said that anything was wrong with boredom, though. Just wanted to make it clear that desire will bring you from it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Children are taught to be 'things'. Children are treated like 'things'. Adults have taken that lie on and believed it and that is why Jesus said to become as a child again one enters the kingdom.
Young children don't know about 'things'. All they know is what is happening in their present awareness. That is a state of oneness/pure being.
Adults have forgotten this oneness because they have divided it with their minds and believe the division and can't see what is right in front of them.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"Desire is life. It protects us from boredom."

The word protect implies that you don't want it, that you fear it somehow. Have you sat with boredom?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Do you think boredom is destructive?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm not sure if this is a direct quote.

Jesus said to become as a child again one enters the kingdom

My interpretation is that in the next kingdom, we will all be children again, in order to prepare for a whole new, more advanced way to learn.

My idea of heaven is one where a things are even more complicated, and what we learn in this life is what can enable us to learn even more in the next life.

Just as becoming an adult in this life, advancing from being a child to an adult, means learning how to take on responsibilities, learning how to make things happen in this world, the same growth will be expected in the next life.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

All states of mind can become destructive, and so boredom can become destructive, or constructive, depending on how you react to boredom.

I think that is the key that the Op is getting at.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Learning and growing to become what? What do you think is at the end of the ultimate rainbow?
Heaven is right here and right now but the belief is that it is later and somewhere else. Knowledge tells us this. The human listens to the mind stories about other times but you are being now.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Buddha said:

"Mind is irrelevant."

Therefore desire is irrelevant.

The usual man is satisfied with emptiness, the
extraordinary man is satisfied with desire itself.-Da

Because there is only understanding, he is beloved, and no one comes to see him. Because there is only truth, he is likely to become famous. Since there is only joy, he will not be remembered. Because you have already understood, you find it necessary to touch his hand. Since you love so much and are not understood, you find it possible to touch his ears. He smiles at you. You notice it. Everything has already died. This is the other world.

perhaps this is a good spot for a continuation of what I was previously posting...

I find this an interesting dissertation... It applies to anyone of understanding in a sense - one becomes a "guru" in imparting ones beliefs to another. Certainly, every individual is a combination of assertions and denials - but understanding the reason for such things are important - for justification.

Most people I know work on the whole human being. They work at finding justification for their actions, and often in practicing what they preach, prescribe such actions to others as well as the understanding that pervades the need for such action.

There are those who die to the life in front of them, because they can see beyond (or pretend to)... I don't know if I should call them heroes, as I cannot bear witness to things I have no knowledge of. Their reason for denying the life in front of them, is not quite clear - it is some heroism they associate this with - Perhaps when they die, they get another chance at dying again - and so by killing themselves over and over and over again, they get to see what the creator had in mind by frustrating his efforts.

There is no "system" where people can behave any which way shape or form that they choose - except the primitive cave man's way of life IMHO. If you wish to have any other kind of life - apparently reality forces rules that must be followed to achieve something.

Take for instance the car engine: It has pistons and it has cylinders - why they had to make it this way and not use dandelions and birds is not clear to the man of "no achievements to be forced upon me" mentality. Essentially, the man of no rules/system will I take. Alternate possibilities for the combustion engine may exist - but first, one has to have an overall order in place, before one considers such smaller details.

Finding "gurus" who can help create a sensible overall order, is therefore important to the common man. Especially, if the gurus you have in place show how they can make the overall order fall to pieces.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Learning and growing to become what? What do you think is at the end of the ultimate rainbow?

Hopefully something beyond my wildest imagination.

I see life on Earth as awesome. I am not looking for heaven. I don't think heaven is the right word, maybe I should have used a different word.

I like the idea that all the incredible things we can be and do in this life, there will be even more incredible things to do in the next. Why should there be an end to where we can go?

Rather than spending your life preparing for the next, I think it makes more sense to spend this life learning all you can and becoming a person of the highest caliber in this life.

And I see desire and passion as a key ingredient to achieve this goal.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Not most of the people I know.

Ah, but it is true. People may not acknowledge it, but they do. You said so yourself:
"Rational intelligent people choose to live in communities because of the many advantages living in a community provides. Living in a community requires living within a generally accepted set of rules, in order to establish communal trust, which is the basis of all morality."

The fear of becoming extinct. The fear of being alone and unsafe from not being in your community. The fear of breaking a rule and being exiled. The fear of not being socially accepted. The fear of not having a job to support yourself and others.

The Ego is very animalistic. It makes you worry obsessively about these types of things but they are so deeply engrained into your mind that you do not even perceive them. You act accordingly to these because it seems natural. You don't think twice about them. I can assure you that if you die, your species will be fine. Furthermore, plenty of people live by themselves, sheltered from the rest of the world, with no electricity, running water, external food supply, or social interaction, and are perfectly capable of living a realistic life of survival.

No it is not, it is realization of what one can do to make life better.

You (your Ego, but I'll refer to you from now on) are the one that is thinking your life is 'not as good as it could be' . You think in terms of duality. This is good, that is bad. When the morality you speak of, and judgement also, are completely subjective. Nothing is a quality of judgement, everything simply is. It exists. Without words it is nothing describable. Your life is already perfect because everything is perfect. You do not need to make it 'better' but you feel that you do. If you were satisfied with your current state of life you would not feel this need to make life 'better'. Also, how do you know what makes life better? Better for you? That is what I talked about earlier as being selfish. You do not know what is better for someone else so it comes down to desires being all about yourself. When you are free of desires you live for everyone else, not yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join