It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
He makes britan sound like new mekka.
I thouhgt that was handled when someone bagged the post showing the sheria zone sticker.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Down4Whateva

another poster said that was not real, that some guy with a sick sense of humor made up a dozen of those and now everyone thinks it was something the Muslims wanted or were trying to enforce. When it wasn't.

Although from what I am seeing online that is slightly off, what I found is some white British convert to Islam is the instigator and made and posted a few of these, from what I am reading he is an extremist. The Muslims in the community are working with the police to try and stop this man, and are very much against what he is doing.

Anyone else think this thread is a bit dead now, we are going in circles at this point, and the OP is banned.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

I think what this thread has done magnificently, has brought out some of the ugly and downright crazy ideas of two of the long term posters here on ATS.

I think once Nazis started getting mentioned and a certain poster started equating anti-Zionism to bigotry is when the thread ended!

Just to let you guys know and for the record I'm not altogether uncritical of Islam myself - however can easily spot bigoted people a mile off and which is why I felt compelled to shut their stupid mouths - there's another stupid discussion over 'which would you rather be a nazi or a jew?' some posters views on Nazism here are also just as retarded.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OliverNorthsCat

I often wonder why they even bother signing up since the motto of this place is "Deny Ignorance". They should take their wimpy balls and go home.

I'm not surprised that a British convert to Islam is instigating trouble for the Islamic community there. It seems that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy of the bigots and racists to bring about "sharia law" so they can arrogantly say "I told you so!".

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Please refrain from personal attacks and off topic posts!
Discuss the topic on hand, not each other!

thank you!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Now that you are back ... where's my apology Jagermeister? You called me a liar over and over ... a liar for saying that Christianity and Islam worship a different god. I have proven that to be true. Man up and apologize.

While we are at it ... tribeofmanycolors, wildtimes, and seekeroftruth can get in line behind you to apologize as well.

The moderators here had already many many times appealed to all to focus on the topic. It seems your ego, blasphemy and downright ignorance still refuses to consider what was explain to you patiently by others in reply.

It was NEVER about you, but your message that many had tried to show where you are wrong. And yet you egoistically persist in believing you are right, when your message had been proven a slander and only an individual point of view, - yourself.

You have a right to your beliefs, but I hope that you will allow others to have theirs, without tarnishing other's message with your own self hatred of yourself and your catholic faith, as admitted by you..

As to your point of 'Trinity', is Catholicism so bereft of thinkers that you need to use wikipedia to prove your point? And what had your wiki copied notes proven? NOTHING. You know why?

1. Our common Creator had never mentioned specifically 'Trinity'
2. Our divine Teacher and Guide, the Messiah, had NEVER mentioned specifically 'Trinity'.
3. The Holy Spirit is an elemental force, gifted to ALL humans by our common Creator, which does NOT speak to us in the fashion that mortals do to one another, but FELT and AUSSURED by ALL of EVERY ethnic group and language whom believed

Our common Creator, Divine Teacher and the Holy Spirit are One - in accord, with the aim to guide us mankind given free will to civilisational progress and evolution, away from centuries of barbarism plagues, same for other ethnic groups divided by geological barriers, social developement, culture and language, and most certainly NOT for religious enslavement by the cunning few.

'Trinity', derived during brutal Roman times, is nothing more than a mortal's construct that confuses, complicates and confounds what that was never meant to be complex, but simply understand, the way divine Teachers uses simple parables to help the masses comprehend.

Complexities & ambiguities by flawed mortal men are nothing more than designs to con the simple minded into believing that there are something bigger which they with their minds could not understand, lies of which had fooled our uneducated ancestors for centuries, BUT NO MORE TODAY!.

If there is a reason why christianity would lose its followers to Theists, Atheist, Islam or other religions, it is because of folks like you that refuses to listen, but to stubbornly repeat your falsehoods over and over again.

If I had insulted you, I would humbly apologise to you without reservation, for I know not you other than a nick here, annonymous just as I am.

BUT IF I disagree with your message and find it full of falsehoods, then there is no way I will apologise, for this site is to deny ignorances. Far too many ignorant had been victims of falsehoods and it must end now.
edit on 9-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well spoken and agreed with.
I was a christian but even then I knew jesus praied to the God of abraham witch is Yahwey or Jahova to some.
I got into trouble for asking "If Jesus is God then why did he pray to himself, he praied many times so if hes God he would be praying to himself?".
Of course I got the.standard dont questin God but I would always respond im not questining God im questining you.
Then I started reading all of the other text not included in bibles and that was that.
The gosples of barnabus alone bashed in the head huge parts of modern chirstian theoligy.
The Nag Hammadi with its sophia of Jesus was mind blowing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The gosples of barnabus alone bashed in the head huge parts of modern chirstian theoligy.

I would say it's safe to assume that the Gospel of Barnabas is an anachronistic work created specifically to portray an Islamic view of the life of Jesus.

Jesus is a recycled deity, and does not fulfill the prophecies regarding the Messiah in the old testament.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No maam/sir it's not.Link
en.m.wikipedia.org...
The Quron was one of the last holy books I read.
Though it doe's gel with the Islamic teaching of Jesus, I wouldn't learn that until years after I,read the Nag.
I belive Jesus exsisted but I know alot of things attributed to and associated with him come from the grafting of "pagan" beliefs onto christianity.
After studying mythra and mythraic worship you can see it as plain as day.
Just looking up the holidays will shed light on the subject.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Down4Whateva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I belive Jesus exsisted but I know alot of things attributed to and associated with him come from the grafting of "pagan" beliefs onto christianity.
After studying mythra and mythraic worship you can see it as plain as day.
Just looking up the holidays will shed light on the subject.

A great point, much that was grafted onto Jesus was Mithras worship and other pagan stuff (everything that Zeitgeist conveniently left out).

That said, what is left of the non-Pagan Jesus?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
It seems your ego, blasphemy and downright ignorance still refuses to consider what was explain to you patiently by others in reply.

Did you really just say that my posting of FACTS about what people worship is 'blasphemy'??

:shk: I have proven that Islam and the vast majority of Christianity are not worshipping the same God. I posted fact after fact that shows without a doubt ... Islam and Christianity have two different Gods. Man up and admit that you are wrong about them worshipping the same God.

And yet you egoistically persist in believing you are right, when your message had been proven a slander and only an individual point of view, - yourself.

Careful about you saying 'egotistically persist in believing you are right'. (go look in the mirror) And there is no 'my message'. I don't have an evangelization agenda like you do. I did not 'slander'. I posted FACTS. Not my 'interpretation' ... but FACTS about who the majority of Christians worship as their God.

Individual point of view = 1 person.
Majority of Christians = More than a billion people.
It is NOT my individual point of view that Christians worship Christ as God.
It's just REALITY. That's what they do.

You have a right to your beliefs,

I didn't say they were my beliefs. I said they are the beliefs of the MAJORITY OF CHRISTIANS.
As I stated - my beliefs are irrelevant. I have kept them clear of this discussion.

As to your point of 'Trinity', is Catholicism so bereft of thinkers that you need to use wikipedia to prove your point?

It's not 'my point of view' .. it's a FACT that the majority of Christians on the planet believe in a Trinity God. Wikipedia .. the Catholic Catechism ... the Episcopal Church, Orthodox Church, and Lutheran Church Creed .. it all says that the majority of Christians believe in a Trinity God. That is their interpretation. It is irrelevant to this discussion if that interpretation is correct or not. The fact is that they worship Christ as God incarnate. That is something the Muslims do not do.

So if you can get past your childish namecalling and actually look at the facts, you will see it is true .. that is exactly what the majority of Christians believe. It's all right there in black and white ... stated proudly in each of their creeds ... 'GOD from GOD .. light from light .. TRUE GOD from TRUE GOD .. One in being with The Father'.

YOUR individual interpretation of scripture brings you to worship differently.
That is different from how the majority of Christians worship. That's just a fact.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think you guys should really stop arguing this point - does it really matter?

You both worship the same God, Lord and Originator of the Universe

You worship different gods in that you have completely different ideas over what that god fundamentally is.

Each to your own religion

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe you've got abit confused.

Let me explain to you in simple English words so you can understand properly.

- Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe in the same God.

- The only difference is that both Christianity and Judaism have been tampered and changed along the times while Islam remains unchanged.

-That's the actual reason why Islam came into being in the first place so it remains uncorrupted unlike Christianity and Judaism.

- It is stated in Islam that if a Muslim can find the original scriptures of both Judaism (Torah) and Christianity (Bible) that he/she should believe in them as much as the Quran, Hence giving all three scriptures the same significance.

- Also Islam allows its followers to marry the 'People of the Book (Christians and Jews)' IF they follow the original scriptures as stated above.

- Muslims should believe in all the Prophets from Adam, Jesus all the way to Mohammad who is the last Prophet.

Regarding Jesus himself, modern innovated Jews and Christians believe that they killed him or hes the 'New God' and NOT a Prophet who brought the message, while Islam states that Jesus was a Prophet who was taken by God alive and will soon return to crush the army of Dajjal (Antichrist) with Imam Mahdi during the END times.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I'm not surprised that a British convert to Islam is instigating trouble for the Islamic community there. It seems that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy of the bigots and racists to bring about "sharia law" so they can arrogantly say "I told you so!".

Sometimes one has to find out exactly what they converted for:

Monteilh was involved in one of the most controversial tactics: the use of "confidential informants" in so-called entrapment cases. This is when suspects carry out or plot fake terrorist "attacks" at the request or under the close supervision of an FBI undercover operation using secret informants. Often those informants have serious criminal records or are supplied with a financial motivation to net suspects.

In the case of the Newburgh Four – where four men were convicted for a fake terror attack on Jewish targets in the Bronx – a confidential informant offered $250,000, a free holiday and a car to one suspect for help with the attack.

In the case of the Fort Dix Five, which involved a fake plan to attack a New Jersey military base, one informant's criminal past included attempted murder, while another admitted in court at least two of the suspects later jailed for life had not known of any plot.

Guardian

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Actualy alot but you have to look for it.
Just checking out mistranslations in the bible paints a.different story.
I must say that it was hard having to have long standing veiws of mine provin false.
But the truth is the truth regardless of if we can accept it or not.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I believe you've got abit confused.

Let me explain to you in simple English words so you can understand properly.

- Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe in the same God.

Again as has been explained, this is neither here nor there - if anything Judaism and Islam worship the same monotheistic god - and Christianity a tripartite deity.

It can nevertheless be interpreted in many ways, they all worship the same god as in they all claim to worship the Universal God, but also they all worship different gods as they ascribe fundamentally different qualities to said deity.

The only difference is that both Christianity and Judaism have been tampered and changed along the times while Islam remains unchanged.

That's the actual reason why Islam came into being in the first place so it remains uncorrupted unlike Christianity and Judaism.

Name a new religion that does not claim this, the Baha'is have their own interpretation, as do the Mormons, Rastafarians etc etc etc etc

- Also Islam allows its followers to marry the 'People of the Book (Christians and Jews)' IF they follow the original scriptures as stated above.

Islam permits only it's male followers to marry Ahl al-Kitab (people of the book) - most human societies are heavily patriarchal - which favours that the family will follow whatever the religion the father is. This fact alone helped spread Islam as a religion immensely.
edit on 9-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

My point point of the post is that Islam recognizes both Judaism and Christianity if the true original scriptures were followed. No other religion out there would compromise itself in such a way.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join