It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by forklift

My point point of the post is that Islam recognizes both Judaism and Christianity if the true original scriptures were followed. No other religion out there would compromise itself in such a way.

The Baha'is and Scientologists also subscribe to that thinking
edit on 9-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
Let me explain to you in simple English words so you can understand properly.
- Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe in the same God.

Let me explain it to you in even simpler English words ...
Most Christians - right or wrong - worship Christ as God. Muslims and Jews do not.
Therefore ... DIFFERENT Gods.

Originally posted by OliverNorthsCat
if anything Judaism and Islam worship the same monotheistic god - and Christianity a tripartite deity.

EXACTLY.

And posting the FACT that the majority of Christians - right or wrong - worship a triune God does NOT equate to me evangelizing or promoting that belief. It's just posting the fact that the belief exists. I have been VERY careful to keep my own spiritual beliefs out of the conversation.

I could tell you why the Mormons believe in baptising the dead. But that doesn't mean I'm evangelizing that belief. I could tell you about the Wiccans and their 'harm ye none'. But that doesn't mean I'm evangelizing to make people Wiccan. I could tell you about the Buddhist belief of Karma. But that doesn't mean I'm evangelizing Buddhism.

I stated the FACT that the majority of Christians - right or wrong - worship a triune God .. and I backed up that fact by providing information showing that they do. That's not me evangelizing that belief, that's me backing up what I said they believe with facts showing that they do .. the creeds, the catechism, the wikipedia, etc.

The only evangelizing going on in this thread is by those who .. for some strange reason ... resort to name calling and who don't understand that people can have a normal conversation about what different people believe and why they believe it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You both worship the same God, Lord and Originator of the Universe
You worship different gods in that you have completely different ideas over what that god fundamentally is.

I wasn't discussing my beliefs at all. I wasn't pushing 'trinity' beliefs on anyone. I was simply stating the fact that most christians believe in a trinity god and I showed the proof of that statement by posting solid links showing that they do. If they are right or wrong about their beliefs is irrelevant to the fact that they DO believe it. I said very clearly ... I kept my beliefs out of it. I am irrelevant to the conversation .. no matter how much others have tried to drag me into it. Seekeroftruth made the mistake of thinking that a person posting facts about what people around the world believe somehow equates to a person evangelizing that belief.

edit on 5/9/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Agreed.

I would even go as far to say that on a purely epistemological level, all three worship a different god with Islam and Christianity at polar opposites:

i.e.

At one end < Islam worships a single, indivisible non-Human god - Judaism worships a single, indivisible god in the form of man (his own image) - and Christianity worships a god which exists in 3 manifestations, the Father, the Son (god in the form of man, came in the flesh to all men) and the holy spirit > at the other end.

There are slight variations within such massive religions e.g. sunnis with God having arm, hand, etc, Christian Unitarians, but on the whole 99% these are the overarching doctrines.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Did you really just say that my posting of FACTS about what people worship is 'blasphemy'??

:shk: I have proven that Islam and the vast majority of Christianity are not worshipping the same God. I posted fact after fact that shows without a doubt ... Islam and Christianity have two different Gods. Man up and admit that you are wrong about them worshipping the same God.

Individual point of view = 1 person.
Majority of Christians = More than a billion people.
It is NOT my individual point of view that Christians worship Christ as God.
It's just REALITY. That's what they do.

YOUR individual interpretation of scripture brings you to worship differently.
That is different from how the majority of Christians worship. That's just a fact.

What 'Facts' are you blabbering about? What you prove in many of your egoistical point of view and hatred for other faiths post? You had proven NOTHING!

Did you show your presumed 'billions' worshipping Christ as God?

There is only ONE God, as taught by the Messiah and other divine Teachers in the course of our human history. These are irrefutable facts, not your either man made nonsensical ignorant beliefs or simply wilful falsehoods on your part.

Ask the next few christians around you, not just Catholics, if they DARE presume the Messiah is the Creator, and than for that matter, ask yourself , seek deep within your heart if you DARE to claim Christ as the Creator, then come back here and post honestly on your own free will.

And it will be your own free will too, to be belligerant ,despite facts being shown to you time and time again. Ignorance is bliss, but to continue with falsehoods in the manner that you do spouting your hatred of true religion and faiths of others, it only shows up what kind of a character you are.

Cheers

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
What 'Facts' are you blabbering about?

1 - I don't blabber. (however .. you certainly do)
2 - I gave the FACTS that the majority of Christians worship Christ as God incarnate.
3 - I gave the statistical and mathmatical facts on that - with sources.

What you prove in many of your egoistical point of view and hatred for other faiths post?

1 - I have posted no 'hate'. (Unlike YOU ...)
2 - I have not posted my 'point of view; about anything. Just statistical and mathmatical fact. Just the creeds from those Christian churches to show that they do indeed believe Christ is God.

You had proven NOTHING!

Wrong. I showed statistical information and I gave corresponding proof straight from those churches. They do indeed worship Christ as God. You WHINED that I was somehow endorsing that position when in fact all I was doing was giving proof that the majority of Christians do indeed worship Christ as God.

Did you show your presumed 'billions' worshipping Christ as God?

Yes. Try reading the statistical facts in the thread without your hate and your unceasing need to shove your beliefs down the throats of others. Are you even capable of doing that?

The rest of your post was blah blah insult blah blah evangelizing your beliefs .. which are irrelevant to the discussion. Go find yourself a muslim who worships Christ as God and then you will have actually found a muslim who worships the same God as the majority of Christians. Good luck with that.

edit on 5/10/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
FlyersFan you did talk hate:

I do. I hate Islam. IMHO It's stupid and holds people down.
And the founder was obviously evil. I hate the cult ... but pity the people in it.
Also, I hate parts of Christianity. IMHO those parts are stupid and hold people down.
At least the founder wasn't evil.
I can't find anything worthy of hate in Buddhism. Ditto the Wiccan religion.

However, SeekerofTruth - FlyersFan is correct, you do seem to be ignoring the facts and evangelizing your own beliefs.

The rest of your post was blah blah insult blah blah evangelizing your beliefs .. which are irrelevant to the discussion. Go find yourself a muslim who worships Christ as God and then you will have actually found a muslim who worships the same God as the majority of Christians. Good luck with that.

Proof? Here:
Matthew 28

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

How long more do you intend to continue with your falsehoods here on ATS?

I have posted nothing false. I posted facts about what people worship and backed them up.

Do you wish me to expose you?

Good luck with that. I posted facts about how those people worship. Try to show those facts to be wrong.

Figures pulled out from the air by you alone?

No. I posted world wide figures. Statistics showing that a large segment of Christians worship Christ as God. Catholics. Orthodox. Anglican. Episcopal. And a certain segment of Lutherans. IWell over a billion Christians. posted information straight from those churches. You have failed to show that they don't.

Religious hate. From your own post and in your own words.

I said I hate Islam. I said I hate parts of Christianity. That's not posting hate against anyone.
Hate would have been ... 'muslims should all die'. I said that I hate stupidity but feel sorry for
people stuck in it. Big difference.

your continued falsehoods, tarnishing Catholicism, Islam and Christianity with your personal ignorance.

blah blah blah .. show us all how those groups do NOT worship Christ as God incarnate. Go ahead. Give it a try. I have already posted their creeds .. their beliefs .. their church doctrines ... all straight from them. So good luck with that.

It is because of egoistical dogmatic hate-filled ignoramouses such as you that exists whom gave a bad name to Christianity and our common Creator.

:shk: ... more insults devoid of facts ... you still have failed to show that those Christian groups do not worship Christ as God.

Again .. straight from their creeds ....

"I believe in Jesus Christ .. true God and True Man
Light from Light
God from God
One in being with the Father
Through Him all things were made. "

Wanna explain exactly how that creed of theirs .. that statement of their core beliefs ... doesn't say that Jesus is God incarnate? It's what they believe. Right or wrong. It's what they believe. Go ahead ... In the mean time, how is that search going for a muslim who worships Christ as God incarnate? Found any yet? Once you do .. then you'll have found a muslim who worships the same God as the majority of Christians. Again ... good luck.

edit on 5/10/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If anyone has ever read the book The Bible came from Arabia, by Kamal al Salibi, they should. I implore you also to read the refutation to his work, as he did make some mistakes www.tajdeed.org...

The works in question shed light on the fact that Jerusalem is not in Palestine, not the Jerusalem of Prophet Abraham (as) anyway. It is something to think about. Maybe we should all start exploring our religion in truth, examining it in the light of day, and find what is really there, and not just what others tell us is there.

It might go very far in stopping war, and justifying it.

.I wish everyone the best. May we all pray daily for peace.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Its like two kids fighting over each other saying one is worse than the other, yet they are from the same mother(Abrahamic)... they share like 95% of the men dominated fairy tale, only difference is that one is 19yrs old and other is a rebellious 15 yr old. One finished with his mischief and try to be all gentle and other is currently on his prime time to wreak havoc.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Jerusalem was never in Arabia, Jerusalem is in Canaan.

This thread is going insane - what the hell is the point of this discussion? They worship the same god and different gods depending on the way you look at it.

I definitely think there is an awful lot of evangelising going on here.

Nevertheless I am enjoying it, as it is giving me the chance to flex my theological muscles

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Its like two kids fighting over each other saying one is worse than the other, yet they are from the same mother(Abrahamic)... they share like 95% of the men dominated fairy tale, only difference is that one is 19yrs old and other is a rebellious 15 yr old. One finished with his mischief and try to be all gentle and other is currently on his prime time to wreak havoc.

Your analogy is ridiculous.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

FlyersFan you did talk hate

I said I hate stupidity .. but I don't hate people. There is a difference.
Hate would have been ... 'all muslims should die'. Or ... 'all christians are idiots.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You're never going to convince them of this - as it's now clear they know little of Christianity outside what is taught within the framework of Muslim teachers, I've read every Muslim cliche about Xtianity in the book the last few pages of this forum.

Just how the VAST MAJORITY here know little of Islam outside what is taught by NeoCons and American media hate-preachers - both views are totally distorted, oversimplified and caricatured.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OliverNorthsCat

I don't get it.... what part of 'god from god .. light from light ... true god from true god' ... being the core belief of these groups dont' people get? MOST Christians think Christ is God. I'm just producing the information and facts that prove they do believe it .... if people don't like the interpretation of those christians then that's not my problem and it doesn't change the fact that those people do indeed think Christ is God. And muslims don't.

ugh.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Because in order for Islam to be 'True' it has to prove itself as a continuation of the supposed revelations given by God in earlier scriptures that are accepted to be divine, just as in order for Christianity to be 'True' it has to prove itself as a continuation of the old testament. Talking about these issues can be very sensitive as any particular fact can blow up in the face of a person's religion as it has the potential to prove it wrong. And as you yourself and others (including the moderators) have mentioned - emotions have come heavily into the mix of this discussion - When emotions come in, reason flies out! (you guys can quote me on that)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

However, SeekerofTruth you do seem to be ignoring the facts and evangelizing your own beliefs.

Proof? Here:
Matthew 28

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Thanks for your reply. I always reply in the manner that I am treated accordingly, and I welcome your criticism, except to ponder on your personal belief that I ignore the facts - facts which are from the actual source itself -words from the Messiah, cross referenced from several of his disciples, and wondering as well what beliefs had I actually evangelized here?

You claimed that the qoute was proof of my ignorance and evanglism. So what do you really comprehend about that qoute?
1. That the Messiah claimed to be the Creator? or
2. Simply admit the fact that the Messiah himself answers to a higher authority - our Creator, whom had given him all authority on Earth and Heaven, BUT NOT the Universe?

Also consider the fact that for 300 years after the rising of the Messiah, his disciples had not gain footholds upon the world, except for only a few regions on Earth, and worse still, his very teachings of civilisation had been manipulated and twisted by evil men whom ruled and saw fit to make use of religion to suit their purpose in the enslavement of mankind.

But in the 7th Century in the far flung barbaric outpost of Arabian deserts arose a civilisation - Islam, that is similar in its basic form - end to barbarism and growth of civilisation, the worship of a common Creator and even shared and respected the bible, along with performing epiphaneous miracles that can only be considered divine, for no other mortal can perform such today even if they claimed they were prophets.

Unfortunately,with his passing, just like christianity, evil men sought to make use of that civilisational teachings for their own selfish ends , of greed and corruption right up till today.

And today, it is time for us, fortunate enough to be educated, to critically think, rationalise and discuss, to begin the quest back to our roots, when civilisation began, our past, to comprehend, so that we live the present and look forward to a better future.

As our goals are the same, for we are ONE humanity following similar civilisational guidelines passed down by the generations, there need not be envy or hate on whomever is first or last, have the most or the least, for in the sight of our common Creator whom love us all, given us gifts of life, love and free will, we are all equal.

This is not an evanglical post, nor intended to be one. I respect each's free will and will never seek to dominate or force anyone. All I ask is that readers just consider what I had written, to search for the truth, for I have faith in the intelligence and rationality of ATS readers.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

All I ask is that readers just consider what I had written, to search for the truth, .

Then you should read the stats that I posted. It doesn't matter if Christ said He was God or not.
That's NOT the issue. The issue is .. who do most Christians actually worship as God.
The answer - CHRIST. In their own words they say they do.

Prove to us all that over a billion Christians do not worship Christ as God incarnate.
I have CALMLY provided their own words showing that they do.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Oh wow that makes it so much better! lol You only want to kill atheists, the only rational people on this planet and the overwhelming majority of the scientific and intellectual communities. So, once again a religion wants to destroy the only way our species makes progress. I was thinking, "Boy, he makes Muslims seem calm and not so radical as has been displayed in media. Then you say, infidels are ONLY atheists. Once again, you show me why religion of all kinds is a cancer to this planet. You think it's a-ok to persecute ANOTHER group of people who don't believe your fairy tales. It just goes to show how easily people are brainwashed and controlled through "leaders" and the biggest lies. If so many are so easily controlled through such dubious beliefs, it easily explains and even makes sense that the majorities of entire nations would be brainwashed and controlled by the government. You force people to believe your nonsense and if not you kill them. How wonderful and loving of a religion! Probably the biggest lie is that religion is loving, and you just said why. Humanity will never truly stop killing and hating each other and living in the dark ages until the very idea of it is irradicated from every human mind through the teaching of rationality and science. Perhaps, that is why so many religious are against science? The only shame is that the benefits of science are even available to the religious at all, since they are the ones who persecute knowledge and if you don't believe a particular cult's "knowledge" then you are their enemy and marked for death. (They literally are cults no different than Jim Jones and his cult or those comet freaks that committed suicide or scientologists! There is no difference.) SICK SICK SICK SICK! You have a disease!

I'm pretty sure atheism is the fastest growing "religion" or more correctly the absence of belief in religion is growing faster than beliefs in religions in America. Europe is so much more advanced in not believing religions and embracing science and rationality. They also are much more friendly and open than their American counterparts. Look at Germany, they have decided to close their nuke plants because their society believes in science and actually researches things themselves. They know better than to listen to some PR guy from the industry and believe them at face value. They form their own opinions; Something that is lost on the religious as their entire world-view is based on belief or FAITH. That just made me so angry. I think that constitutes hate speech and your post should be removed! Why don't you explain to us what an infidel is and what muslims are told to do about them in their koran? Then the mods can decide if that is hate speech or not when you explain what it means you said.

(PS Christians are told by leaders of the different christian churches that atheism is actually a religion. This makes it easier for christians to lump all atheists together as one collective, in the christian's "mind," and makes atheists easier to persecute and attack. By attack I mean with speech, in America. Not all Christians mind you, but the hard-core extremists. Now in other countries, almost always middle-east Islamic dictatorships, those same types of people, again usually Muslim as I'm talking about outside America, would attack atheists PHYSICALLY. In PA, there was a muslim who attacked an atheist with a weapon all because the dude was walking down the street saying that religion lies, a one man protest. That is what they are teaching these people. No love and harmony there, so don't lie to people and say you are all about togetherness!)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join