It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by Jameela

Let me be clear I am not totally up on what Christians worship but I am sure Christians follow Jesus the Christ (the clue is in the name) and follow what's in the new testament

So unless your Allah can be assembled out of 3 separate bits then it’s not the same one as the christian version and Mary as in Jesus’ mum isn’t one of those 3 bits making Qur'an 5:116 wrong – right?

God is one and indivisible. Christians believe this too, but then attempt hideous mental gymnastics to accommodate Jesus as God. How can one be the Father and the Son at the same time? And was the Holy Ghost the baby daddy? Truly a mystery worthy of the most devote initiate to meditate up on.

This confused affair came about in the early church in Rome when most Romans were members of mystery cults.

Mystery religions, sacred mysteries or simply mysteries, were religious cults of the Greco-Roman world, participation in which was reserved to initiates.[1] The main characterization of this religion is the secrecy associated with the particulars of the initiation and the cult practice, which may not be revealed to outsiders. The most famous mysteries of Greco-Roman antiquity were the Eleusinian Mysteries, which were of considerable antiquity and predated the Greek Dark Ages. The popularity of mystery cults flourished in Late Antiquity; Julian the Apostate in the mid 4th century is known to have been initiated into three distinct mystery cults. Notable among these late cults was the Mithraic Mysteries.
Wiki

en.wikipedia.org...

On Mithraic Mysteries

Ulansey sees study of Mithraism as important for understanding "the cultural matrix out of which the Christian religion came to birth".[213] Moreover, on the basis of his astronomical interpretation of Mithraism, Ulansey argues for a "profound kinship between Mithraism and Christianity",

Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries. Ulansey, David (1991). New York: Oxford UP. pp. 3 to 4
books.google.co.uk... 2TCQ&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Origins%20of%20the%20Mithraic%20Mysteries&f=false

The synopsis is that Christianity, having been established in Rome, adopted many aspects of mystery cult characteristics, was a direct competitor to Mithraism and many of the adherents converted back and forth and cross fertilised belief systems. There were other psuedo/proto-Christian mystery cults that had a major impact on modern Christianity.

The greatest mystery today in modern religion is the 'three in one theology' pushed by the Church and Evangelicals; they are so Roman.

Islam rejects the idea of the Trinity as blasphemous but accepts the teaching of Jesus (s.a.w.) as fundamental to Islam. This is one reason Muslims refuse to insult Jesus (s.a.w.) despite the horrendous Islam baiting by some Christians and Jews.
edit on 12-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

Dude I know but some of the earlier posts on here looked like Muslims where trying shoehorn Allah onto Christianity and I was trying to understand that – Christians have that 3 part god/Jesus is his own father thing so now way can he Islam's Allah

And yes I think Jesus never even existed and is nothing more than an invention of the Romans - which I guess makes Islam wrong about that one as well

You might check out caesar's messiah by Joseph Atwill

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Dude I know but some of the earlier posts on here looked like Muslims where trying shoehorn Allah onto Christianity and I was trying to understand that – Christians have that 3 part god/Jesus is his own father thing so now way can he Islam's Allah

And yes I think Jesus never even existed and is nothing more than an invention of the Romans - which I guess makes Islam wrong about that one as well

You might check out caesar's messiah by Joseph Atwill

So your basically saying that the Christians do not worship the God Of Adam (as) of Noah (as) of Yusuf (as) and Abraham (as) then?

In this case, we worship a different God, we will just start saying that we worship the same God as the Jews but not the God of the Christians because Christians claim to worship a different God than Jews do!

That will clear it up!

Everyone happy? Christians on this forum claim they do not believe in the 10 commandments, the old testament, or the God of the Jews! In Which case I personally do not worship their robot god because I do happen to worship the God of Abraham (as)

But you may want to stop calling yourself Christians since Jesus (as) also claimed the God of Abraham (as)

James 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? (the Bible)

but since the claim is that you do not worship the God of Abraham (as) then I would stop calling yourself Christians immediately. May want to try on robot followers for size.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

No. I am saying that Jesus (s.a.w.) gifted the world with God's (Allah's) message and it is this that Muslims accept. During the movement of Christianity to Rome, initially with Apostle Paul as the Christians say, it confronted the existing religions present in the cultural epicentre of the antiquities age.

Because of the intermingling of Christianity with Roman mystery cults, ideas such as transmutation and the Trinity developed. I also think early Christianity adopted the worst of the mystery cults such as a secretive priest classes and it is for this reason that Allah sent Prophet Muhammad (s.a.a.w.) to save humanity.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Actually I’m not saying it – Christians are saying it (I mean about the Jesus thing) and as MI5edtoDeath has pointed out Jesus never even existed anyway which makes mo and is koran wrong as well

And this may go some way to explaining why atheism/secularism is in fact the fastest growing ‘religion*’ in America

*yes I know atheism/secularism aren’t religions but they do seem to be what people are moving to as a replacement for religion

edit on 12-5-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Further evidence that modern Christianity is a convergence of the Jesus' (s.a.w.) message and the Roman mystery cults is the sacramental. Originally Christian services were about the words of God/Allah, teachings on conduct and the after life. Subsequent to its arrival in Rome, it adopted mystery cult rituals such as “Mass” to refer to the Eucharist which is derived from mystery cult practices. The word Mass comes from the Latin missa, with the meaning “dismissal” used to describe ceremonies held just before the Eucharist known as the Agape where orgies and gluttonous feasts were held.

At the end of Agape was the missa/Mass when the Eucharist was held. Those initiates that were not permitted to partake of the sacrament, were the secrets of transmutations and other rituals were presented, would be dismissed with the words "ite missa est", or “Go away, this is the dismissal.”. Only high order initiates and the secretive priesthood class could contemplate the mysteries.

During the sacraments of the Mithraic Mysteries the sacred Haoma drink is offered to the initiates were up on the sacred drink transmuted into the energising essence of Mithra, the god of god's, in the mouths of the drinker.

In Vedic Sanskrit hymns in the Rigveda, the Haoma drink was the essence of the "god of god's". It seems to me that aspects of Romanised Christianity has been infused with Indian Vedic traditions and Persian Zoroastrianism in a 50:50 ratio.

To those bigots who insist Islam has any relations with a "Moon god" should reconsider the Persian Mithraic traditions in Christianity. It could be argued that it is in fact Christianity that worships the moon through their sacraments.

Mah or Maonghah is the Avestan language word for both the moon and for the Zoroastrian divinity that presides over and is the hypostasis of the moon. The names 'Maonghah' and Mah derive from an Indo-European root that is also the origin of the English language word "moon." The Zoroastrian divinity has however no Vedic equivalent. Maonghah retains the name Mah in the 9th-12th century texts of Zoroastrian tradition, and continues with that name into New Persian. In Histories 7.3.7, Herodotus states that the moon was the tutelary divinity of the Iranian expatriates residing in Asia Minor. en.wikipedia.org...

Hypostasis is the death and rebirth of the moon in sacred ritual.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Well no Christianity is a sun worshipping cult and Jesus is the sun

Mithras is associated with the slaying of the Mithraic bull which is thought to represent the end of the age of Taurus there is a similar event in the bible with Moses and the golden calf
en.wikipedia.org...

When Moses was said to have descended from the mountain with the ten commandments (c. 17th - 13th century BC, the end of the Age of Taurus), some of his people or followers were found by him to be worshipping a golden bull calf. He instructed these false idol-worshippers to be killed. This represents Moses "killing" the bull and ending the Age of Taurus, and ushering in the Age of Aries, which he represents.

At the start of the Piscean Age (about 2000 years ago) you get a new solar avatar Christians and Muslims call Jesus

So since the koran also contains stories about Moses and Jesus and given that both of them never existed and are in fact both just part of the solar myth – I guess that is a big problem for the koran being true

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I am talking about Christianity, Roman mystery cults, Mithraic Mysteries and their influences. Not the legend of Mithra and the Bull.
edit on 12-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So who do you think the Mithraic Mysteries are about Robin Hood?

The mystery behind the Mithraic Mysteries is that it’s about the sun – in particular the sun moving from rising in the constellation of Taurus to rising in the constellation Aries as viewed on the spring equinox

Here’s some info about the mechanism that its based on
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I am not discussing Robin Hood, Mithra legends; just rituals in mystery cults. Discussing Mithra and Zoroastrianism conflates the debate.

My point is about distortions in Christianity and the cause of those distortions.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
in 50 years I foresee organized religion shall dwindle. How many christians and muslims there are now is insignificant.

The current new generation (my generation) is BARELY religious.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

And so am I, and I’m agreeing with you - Sol Invictus, Mithras, Christianity all based on the same idea and like it or not Jesus never existed he is just the next character in that story arc

www.unrv.com...

Another possibility is that the bull represents the constellation of Taurus. At the dawn of civilization the sun rose in the zodiacal sign of Taurus during the vernal equinox. By classical times the sun, due to the natural progression of astrological bodies, had moved out of Taurus into another constellation. According to this view, Mithras by slaying the bull is in effect ending the Age of Taurus and inaugurating a new zodiacal age. Mithras is thus a god of the cosmos with the power to move the heavens, and who regulates the great astrological cycles. The Mithraic cult would then celebrate the progression of equinoxes and solstices under the direction of its god.

to me the above seems like the most likely explanation for the Mithras symbolism and 2000 years ago the sun started rising in the constellation of Pisces and the start of Christianity

I think what’s put a bug up your pipe is that this makes the koran mistaken as well

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well no Christianity is a sun worshipping cult and Jesus is the sun

Mithras is associated with the slaying of the Mithraic bull which is thought to represent the end of the age of Taurus there is a similar event in the bible with Moses and the golden calf
At the start of the Piscean Age (about 2000 years ago) you get a new solar avatar Christians and Muslims call Jesus

So since the koran also contains stories about Moses and Jesus and given that both of them never existed and are in fact both just part of the solar myth – I guess that is a big problem for the koran being true

Dear Racasan,

While your atheist, or hopefully perhaps presumed 'theist' beliefs are welcome, it will not be of any significance to the topic, for it is about Judaism,Islam and Christianity.

If you do not believe in the existant of Moses, the Messiah, or the good prophet Muhammad, you in truth have no reason to be on this thread. Simply because you Reject every written word held dear by all of religious faith with the 3 mainstream religion held dear and cherished by billions in the world.

You had already refused anything else from those words by them, and thus, whatever you claimed or say, is of no relevance to the topic, even if it is your agenda to discredit or disclaim their words, simply that they are non-existant to your mind and soul and will reject prejudically whomever poster's effort to convince you.

There are many more other atheist threads that you can find fellowship to bash religion, as is your right and free will, for it will not be in either the religious faithful's time or effort to convince you, but only in your own time with gifted free will and our common Creator's time to be touched by Him.

This thread, and its progression, is a gradual process for those of religious faith, which had given them comfort, solace, hope and courage since being touched by the our common Creator, to share their thoughts, find common grounds, and clear misconceptions, an opportunity and something not done for centuries, and may save lives one day hopefully in the near future, honestly,sincerely and less egoistically/confrontationally, instead of the misguided slaughters done in the misused name of religion to fellow humans during those earlier confused, greedy times right up to today.

I wish you well. Cheers.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And so am I, and I’m agreeing with you - Sol Invictus, Mithras, Christianity all based on the same idea and like it or not Jesus never existed he is just the next character in that story arc

www.unrv.com...

Another possibility is that the bull represents the constellation of Taurus. At the dawn of civilization the sun rose in the zodiacal sign of Taurus during the vernal equinox. By classical times the sun, due to the natural progression of astrological bodies, had moved out of Taurus into another constellation. According to this view, Mithras by slaying the bull is in effect ending the Age of Taurus and inaugurating a new zodiacal age. Mithras is thus a god of the cosmos with the power to move the heavens, and who regulates the great astrological cycles. The Mithraic cult would then celebrate the progression of equinoxes and solstices under the direction of its god.

to me the above seems like the most likely explanation for the Mithras symbolism and 2000 years ago the sun started rising in the constellation of Pisces and the start of Christianity

I think what’s put a bug up your pipe is that this makes the koran mistaken as well

Unfortunately I disagree with you. I believe Jesus existed, that his message was the word of God and the gospel has been distorted by external influences such as Roman culture, traditions and rituals. Some of these rituals sprung forth from Roman mystery cults and more specifically Mithra Mysteries. This does not mean that Jesus had anything to do with Mithraic ways.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do you think he would have planted an IED if you were not there? You know the incidents of IED planting events went up when the USA and guys like you went in. People did not plant as many IEDs before; so you yourself are responsible for their actions.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Are you saying that by going to someone else's country to fight a war over resources and to futher the agenda of your political masters might cause the locals and others to fight you?
Surely you don't believe such a logical and historicly proven idea?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I live in southern Ga, nowhere around here I have seen Islam growing at all, this is nothing but southern Baptist territory and nothing but Christian churches been built around, perhaps in Atlanta where is more diversity it maybe more Islamic movement but around my neck of the woods I have no seen anything.

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by TheCoffinman

This so call numbers and fastest growing religion in the US seems, looks and smells like propaganda financed by the Islamic movement.

If it is true that they are the fastest growing religion, they'd use that in a heartbeat as propaganda. I agree though, it smells like someone's propaganda.

Indeed, this just sounds like someone is trying to rustle the jimmies of the west if you ask me.

Ppl who marry into Islam or born into (considering the larger families) should be taken into consideration with these stats.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It makes me sad that we're arguing religion in this thread.

It is a news article.

Also, no religion is better than the others. Religion blinds people and skews their view of universal issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join