It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
reply to post by Jagermeister

Be careful of these so-called tactics !!! If they can't handle the truth , they bring jews and atheists into this subject for us to ridicule in order to flame jews and atheists in this pathetic drama and be sided with christians.Damn !! I'm i that dumb ?

I'm so lost. Who is they? Did I get brought in here by they?

...does this guy speak or just post smilies?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I also think some comments from that party would be a welcome addition. I have not one thing against Jews. I know there are many very good people of the Jewish faith. The only thing I am against is like you, zionism. So yes, I think some comments and thoughts from the Jewish sector would be nice.

And no, you are NOT an atheist. A theist is one who believe in a god, and an atheist is one who does not have any believe in any God. This makes you a theist, not an atheist....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
And by the same survey, the second fastest is Mormonism.

Scary thought for Christians, us Theocrats don't care.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Normally, when I meet an atheist, the first thing I like to do is to congratulate him and say," My special congratulations to you",because most of the people who believe in God are doing blind belief - he is a Christian, because his father is a Christian; he is a Hindu,because his father is a Hindu; the majority of the people in the world are blindly following the religion of their fathers. An atheist, on the other hand,even though he may belong to a religious family,uses his intellect to deny the existence of God; what ever concept or qualities of God he may have learnt in his religion may not seem to be logical to him.

The reason that I am congratulating an atheist is because he agrees with the first part of the Shahada i.e. the Islamic Creed, ‘La ilaaha’ - meaning ‘there is no God’.
edit on 7-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There quite a few studies of people who enter Islam in the US and a high percentage leave.

Islam really isn't practical as it is really oppressive to women, there is no equality, everyone who is not a Muslim is doomed, it is Iron age based, and sadly has way too much fundamentalism (which puts off most people)

I'm really not worried about it and Islam will eventually be regulated to the Arab countries and large portions of Europe (where Muslims are infiltrating the Governments there and mass producing children)

The more they grow here in the US, the closer I see us in a reality of Nostradamus saying that WW IIII will be a war between Christians & Muslims.

I'm completely against any Fundamental Dogmatic religion that does not promote Love & Enlightenment & instead is all about division, separatist thinking, condemnation, and Fundamentalism (sadly what Islam comes down to)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

In order to affirm, one must first negate all things in ones imagining.. after this comes affirmation

No God, But The God

It is anyone's right to not move on from the negation.. To us.It is most beautiful when you do, in truth and purity of heart and soul, make that move.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a Muslim women. I have no problem with following the laws of Islam, I actually want to. I am not abused in any way, by anyone, nor have I ever been. Majority Muslim women are just like me.

That said, anyone is entitled to their opinions of our religion. But I am not oppressed, nor repressed, nor abused, nor uncared for. No Muslim man has done anything except give me the utmost respect.

I do however agree, the wahabis are spreading their religion with a tremendous amount of funds pouring in from Saudia and the United States Government. That can be stopped any day. But there are those who spend every day trying to enlighten others who have misjudged their own religion, to put an end to this fundamentalism. But it is difficult in the face of so much funding verses virtually none.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The Qu'ran commands Muslims to change secular laws to conform to sharia, eventually establishing Islamic law worldwide. Islamic courts want their fatwas to supersede the civil and criminal laws, untying Muslims from civil secular courts.

The facts reveal that in 2008, when the first sharia court was recognized in the U.K., within one year, over 85 recognized sharia courts were established within the U.K.'s Tribunal Court system. The problem with this rapidly spreading dogma is that several of these courts have issued some fatwas that are completely incompatible with British and European law.

www.americanthinker.com...

THIS is the reason.

The insignificant nobody me would like to share an insight.

It is comprehensible that many non-muslim would fear Sharia law, for like jewish laws, there are many seemingly 'restrictions' to modern civilised man.

One must take into the historical context of WHEN those laws were written and WHY they were written as such.

From archeological digs and anthropoloical studies, we know today how barbaric and ignorant our ancestors were. Without laws, the human race would had became extinct long ago. And thus laws were passed down by our common Creator, so that we may progress and evolve.

During that transition period, strict obedience to those laws were necessary, for many of our ancestors were still uneducated. It took Moses 40 years to clean out one generation's bad habit by wandering the deserts, to ensure the old habits of barbarism died off.

In time, the jews settled down, build cities and civilisation truly began for them. Such was the way our ancestors whom were non-jews followed, adapting many of those laws, to spread civilisation far and wide where possible. Gradually, the western hemisphere of our world progressed and evolved.

Not perfect, but changes can be seen over the centuries till today, a far cry from the beasts our predecessors were. Mankind adapted, and changed accordingly and knowledge grew for evolultion. Laws that were archiac were changed to meet growing circumstances, for humans are not robots, but not its essence. Eg:- thou shalt not kill - is still relevant today.

Today, the jews and the muslims are no longer living in the deserts, nor are the majority as barbaric as their ancestors were. In the past, severing the hand of a robber is common, for that was the only way to stop his uneducated and uncivilised way of life.

As we -christians, jews, muslims, whom had progressed and evolved from a barbaric past - are such methods of justice still applicable, have we no ingenuity to find better ways, or should religious reform on laws take place today, to be relevant without losing its essence and intended goals of our Creator - progress and evolution of Mankind?

I alone have no answer for it. Only an educated society as whole can decide, but never upon the whims of the narrow minded few.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

I am a Muslim women. I have no problem with following the laws of Islam, I actually want to. I am not abused in any way, by anyone, nor have I ever been. Majority Muslim women are just like me. That said, anyone is entitled to their opinions of our religion. But I am not oppressed, nor repressed, nor abused, nor uncared for. No Muslim man has done anything except give me the utmost respect.

I take it you are in the US then? For I have read about, and heard 1st hand by Muslim friends, that this really isn't much the case in the Arab countries, where there is statistically a higher number of abuse and inequality.

I do however agree, the wahabis are spreading their religion with a tremendous amount of funds pouring in from Saudia and the United States Government. That can be stopped any day. But there are those who spend every day trying to enlighten others who have misjudged their own religion, to put an end to this fundamentalism. But it is difficult in the face of so much funding verses virtually none.

Really, the only part of Islam that I am at peace with, is Sufism. For in that branch, there is at least hope for Enlightenment, Love, transcendence all of which results in a transformed individuals operating out of Divine Love.

Anything else is mere dogma. 2 cents

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I actually agree.

When I say, however, that islam is the "borg" of religions, it illuminates the thoughts in your post.

Many civilisations have stepped away.

But some haven't. Islam is assimilate or die. When they ask that you be given the choice of "enlightenment" they really don't give voice to the other option.

Many religions have evolved. Islam, sadly, has not.

The Crusades were fought several hundred years ago. To westerners, that's water under the bridge.

To many muslims, it was "yesterday".

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There is a big issue with honor killing from what I've been reading in both Europe and America. That really needs to be fixed. Not to say that other religions don't have their problems, but this is an issue that needs to be corrected. This is not medieval times we do not marry our kids off to the best suitor against their will. That's the one thing I really have an issue with.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Save the scripture spitting contest for that vile 'off topic religion forum'.
Your interpretation of scripture is irrelevant to the discussion.
My interpretation of scripture is irrelevant to the discussion.
Try to stick to the facts and try to stay on topic.

Off topic. Personal attacks. And just plain wrong. EPIC FAIL

How about you try to get on topic for a change?

Originally posted by Jagermeister
The belief in Christ being God is not Christianity. .

Oh for the love of pete! More than half of Christianity believes Christ is God therefore belief in Christ being God is CENTRAL to a MAJORITY of Christians. Your interpretation of Christianity is irrelevant. My interpretation is of Christianity is irrelvant. The fact is .. for the vast majority of Christians ... Christ is God and therefore Christianity and Islam are NOT worshipping the same god.

If you can find a study or a poll that shows that a majority of the worlds muslims worship Christ as God incarnate, then you will have proven your point that Christianity and Islam worship the same God. Otherwise .. manup and admit that you were wrong when you called me a liar.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

Just another case of designer information.

I read an article from an email newsletter just a week ago that the fastest growing faith in America was... get this, Atheism. From there, classic Christianity was holding fast with Catholicism slipping and Islam growing only in certain regions like Texas and California.

Of course, any study can be commissioned to return any result. With enough money and talent, you could prolly set one up to support that belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster was running ahead of islam and Atheism, lol.

The only thing that seems obvious is that Atheism is as much a form of faith as any deity-based religion. It takes as much trust and faith to find one self alone as not.

Such is the human condition.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Christian belief in a trinity god .. held by a majority of Christians in the world
Trinity God ... God the Father .. God the Son .. God the Holy Spirit.
One God ... Three Persons. Like a clover leaf being three leaves but one.
I'm not evangelising that belief. I'm just telling you what the majority of Christians believe.

Trinity God

The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as three divine persons (Greek: ὑποστάσεις):[1] the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. The three persons are distinct yet coexist in unity, and are co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial (Greek: ὁμοούσιοι). Put another way, the three persons of the Trinity are of one being (Greek: οὐσία).[2] The Trinity is considered to be a mystery of Christian faith.[3]

According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire. They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: as the Fourth Lateran Council declared, "it is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds". While distinct in their relations with one another, they are one in all else. The whole work of creation and grace is a single operation common to all three divine persons, who at the same time operate according to their unique properties, so that all things are from the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.[4]

Trinitarianism (one deity/three persons) contrasts with Christian non-Trinitarian positions which include Binitarianism (one deity/two persons), Unitarianism (one deity/one person), the Oneness or Modalism belief, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' view that the Godhead is a council of three deities, perfectly united in purpose and will, but nevertheless separate and distinct individuals

The creed which is repeated by the majority of christians throughout the world every Sunday, includes these words -

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.

What you or I believe is irrelevant to the discussion.
What you or I translate scripture being is irrelevant to the discussion.
The FACT is that a majority of Christians believe Jesus is FULLY GOD.
The FACT is that Muslims DO NOT. Therefore ... .they worship different Gods.

This isn't rocket science folks. It's all there for anyone to see.
It's not slamming Islam or pushing Christianity. It's just the facts.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Jameela

The Qu'ran commands Muslims to change secular laws to conform to sharia, eventually establishing Islamic law worldwide. Islamic courts want their fatwas to supersede the civil and criminal laws, untying Muslims from civil secular courts.

The facts reveal that in 2008, when the first sharia court was recognized in the U.K., within one year, over 85 recognized sharia courts were established within the U.K.'s Tribunal Court system. The problem with this rapidly spreading dogma is that several of these courts have issued some fatwas that are completely incompatible with British and European law.

www.americanthinker.com...

THIS is the reason.

Notice that no particular chapter or verse is cited....

.....lol

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There is a big issue with honor killing from what I've been reading in both Europe and America. That really needs to be fixed. Not to say that other religions don't have their problems, but this is an issue that needs to be corrected. This is not medieval times we do not marry our kids off to the best suitor against their will. That's the one thing I really have an issue with.

Honor killing and arranged marriage have nothing to do with Islam.

This is the 37183rd time I've posted this exact post. If you can cite a QUR'ANIC VERSE prescribing arranged marriage and honor killings, then I'd be amazed as I've read the Qur'an all the way through at least 15 times.

Those 2 things are CULTURAL. Mainly in places where, I dunno, a daughter can "dishonor her family" and they be alienated by society!!

Just because most Pakistani's are muslim, doesn't make Islam Pakistani. Same with Arab, and any other culture.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

As people here who know some about me, I am not from America, while I will not announce my country, I am living in the US for university but am not an American citizen. And I am happy, I do love my country. And I can still say this, I do not wish to write a book or get paid which is why many complain.

I am shia. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Honor killing and arranged marriage have nothing to do with Islam.

This is the 37183rd time I've posted this exact post. If you can cite a QUR'ANIC VERSE prescribing arranged marriage and honor killings, then I'd be amazed as I've read the Qur'an all the way through at least 15 times.

Those 2 things are CULTURAL. Mainly in places where, I dunno, a daughter can "dishonor her family" and they be alienated by society!!

Just because most Pakistani's are muslim, doesn't make Islam Pakistani. Same with Arab, and any other culture.

No I understand that and that's why I didn't link the 2. It just seems like it's becoming more common place.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Honor Killings are against the religion of Islam

Lebanon’s most senior Shiite Muslim cleric issued a fatwa, or religious edict, in 2007 banning honor killings, calling the custom of murdering a female relative for sexual misconduct “a repulsive act. Fadlallah’s office said he issued the statement in alarm over reports on an increase such killings.

“I view an honor crime as a repulsive act condemned and prohibited by religion,” Fadlallah, the most revered religious authority for Lebanon’s 1.2 million Shiites, said in a statement faxed to The Associated Press.

“In so-called honor crimes, some men kill their daughters, sisters, wives or female relatives on the pretext that they committed acts that harm chastity and honor,” said Fadlallah "These crimes are committed without any religious evidence, and mostly on the basis of suspicions,” he added.

Honor killings have nothing to do with our religion. Here is a video about women in Islam, part 1

www.youtube.com...

As Rāqib has said in Mufradāt, the Arabic word /‘izzat/ (honor) originally means that state that makes man resisting and mighty. It is for this reason that the hard and firm lands are called /‘azāz/ in Arabic.

All Muslim should do their best to avoid of sin, to conquer the baser self, this is the greatest jihad [struggle] is the jihad against self. It is a good and beautiful thing izzat.(Honor) The bible says something very similar;

Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (2 Timothy 2:22) (δίωκε) Pursue. Stronger than follow. A favorite word with Paul to denote the pursuit of moral and spiritual ends

So all Muslim should try to live with 'izzat or honor

Islam teaches concerning this:

During the last hours of his lifetime when Imam Hassan (as) was asked by one of his companions named Junādat-ibn-’Abi-Sufyān to advise him, Imam stated some valuable and effective admonitions for him, among which was this:

“If you wish to be ‘honoured’ without having any tribe, and to have reverence without the power of government, then come out from the shade of sin, and settle in the glory of the obedience of Allah.”

And if we see that some verses of the Qur’ān introduce glory, besides Allah, for the Prophet (saw) and the believers, (like Sura Munāfiqūn, No. 63, verse 8 which says: “… Honour belongs to Allah and His Messenger and to the Believers, …”, it is for the reason that they have earned glory from the rays of the glory of Allah, too.

Then the verse introduces the way of reaching to glory as follows: “… to Him do ascend the good words and the righteous deed, He uplifts it; …”

It is good in Islam to have honor, but honor has nothing to do with killing anyone....Honor killings are not Islamic, nor is it a thing taught in Islam to kill for honor, its origin I have already posted on, so I will link you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It should be noted in 1991 in Brazil there were more than 800 such honor killings by Christians and is not something only seen in Muslim countries.

Some videos about Islam
www.youtube.com...
love in Islam....

www.youtube.com...
misconceptions about shia Islam.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Where in the Quran does it say this??
What chapter and verse?
You have asserted this same notion multiple times but never show where the book itself says this.
You can quote other websites all you like but until you show were the book says it there is no proof.
Show me.
And yep I said the borg of nations, the same nation that spreads "democracy" and capitalism with bomb, sword and gun.
Now.before you call me.anti-whatever let me say that I think the people of this country is no better or worse then anyother.
I think that because of social conditioning they are blind to the fact their government is marching down the same road all empires before it.
As you sit in.your fema camp being reeducated a hope you remember these conversations.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Down4Whateva because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join