It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
Your whole argument is dependent on misdirection and sophistry.

No. Its based on fact.
Christians worship Jesus as God. Muslims do not. Therefore .. they worship a different god.

When a Muslims claims they worship God, he means the same almighty God you worship.

Christians worship Jesus as God. Muslims do not. Therefore ... they worship a different god.

You can try slice it anyway you want it but you cannot change that truth.

Actually, YOU have proven my point. YOU said Muslims do not believe Jesus to be God.
However, Christians do worship Him as such. Therefore .. even you have proven that the
two religions do not worship the same god.

If a Muslim were to worship the Christian God ... Jesus ... he'd be considered a blasphemer. If a Christian were to deny Jesus as God .. he'd be considered not a christian by the vast majority of Christianity.

Point proven (even by you). Two totally different 'gods'. Two totally different religions.

reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

How very sad for those people.

edit on 5/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Christians worship Jesus as God. Muslims do not. Therefore .. they worship a different god.

This is False. It states no where in the bible of Jesus calling himself God. Christians believe Jesus to be the actual son of God while Muslims believe Jesus to be a prophet as Muhammad. Muslim respect and praise Jesus but do not worship him as God... neither do Christians. Both religions however do worship the same God. Muhammad is not God to Muslims he is a prophet. Allah is God to Muslims which literally translates to God in English.

Please do not spread lies.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Christianity is not the problem , the problem is christians are plain stupid, highly uneducated, extremely ignorant and it's quite laughable...

Is jesus God ?

edit on 7-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Christianity is not the problem , the problem is people are plain stupid, highly uneducated, extremely ignorant and it's quite laughable...

Why do you think most people that don't buy into religion are highly educated? You have to actually know the subject that you don't support to be against it. You don't just roll out of bed and say "today I'm not going to believe in religion". You start with your own religion and move onto others and eventually you come to the point where it just *clicks* and you say to yourself "wow this all just bullcrap". Most Christians go to church every week but are completely ignorant to what is actually in their book. Atleast Muslims actually read their book back to front and know whats in it. The problem with Muslims however is that they're brainwashed from birth to believe that the koran is connected to life itself.

People there is a seperation between religion and God. You can believe in God or a higher power without buying into man made religion. You don't need a book to tell you how to live your life. It does however give a basic understand of how you should act though. Treat others the way you want to be treated, respect your mother and father, don't run around killing people, etc. etc. But see it was twisted long ago to serve a purpose and that purpose is control. Why else would you be told from a child that if you don't follow it you'll burn in hell? Jesus never wanted a pope living in a castle. It was never supposed to be about a pat on the shoulder because you did something good or you went to church. That pope living in his castle is nothing more than the last remains of a long dead empire still pushing it's influence on the world today.

I believe in God. You look up at the sky and wonder how someone couldn't. But I don't believe in worshiping religion. These can be a seperation between God and religion without burning in hell.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister
This is False. It states no where in the bible of Jesus calling himself God.

I already posted a few of the verses that show where Christians get this from.
They have interpreted the bible to say Jesus is God.
BILLIONS of Christians worship Christ as God incarnate.

Muslim respect and praise Jesus but do not worship him as God... neither do Christians.

Wrong.

:shk: I am not telling lies You are dead wrong.
And anyone who gave you a star for that is dead wrong as well.

One billion Catholic Christians believe - Jesus is FULLY GOD and FULLY MAN
Catholics, Orthodox and Episcopals believe Christ is present in their Eucharist,
that he is God, and worthy of worship. Some Lutherans do as well.
Anglican Eucharist Theology
Emmanuel ... 'God is With Us'

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

Dude, who cares , i don't care, has long i live and breed.

In death , all things shall become clear.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

This is False. It states no where in the bible of Jesus calling himself God.

I already posted a few of the verses that show where Christians get this from.
They have interpreted the bible to say Jesus is God.
BILLIONS of Christians worship Christ as God incarnate.

Muslim respect and praise Jesus but do not worship him as God... neither do Christians.

Wrong.

:shk: I am not telling lies You are dead wrong.
And anyone who gave you a star for that is dead wrong as well.

One billion Catholic Christians believe - Jesus is FULLY GOD and FULLY MAN
Catholics, Orthodox and Episcopals believe Christ is present in their Eucharist,
that he is God, and worthy of worship. Some Lutherans do as well.
Anglican Eucharist Theology
Emmanuel ... 'God is With Us'

The people that worship Jesus as God are ignorant. This is what I'm talking about when I say that most Christians are pretend Christians. They go to church every week because they have to "save their soul" while they don't even read their own book. Show me the bible verse where Jesus says that he is God. It doesn't exist. Also, how am I wrong about Muslims respecting and praising Jesus as a prophet? I know there are muslims reading this, tell us your opinion on Jesus. Please do share.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What is an "islamist" anyway
It seems to be a very popular word with the crowd I would identify as islamophobic.
According to the way it's flung around both me and my hijab wearing wife are "islamist" because we don't conform to western norms.
I think apart of the problem is that in order to fit in in the u.s. you are expected to assimilate at,the cost of your identity.
It's the borg of nations.
They try to make it a constitution issue but it's really about cultural dominace as provin by history.
But as we snap at eachothers throats a sinister game is afoot and we are the pawns and rooks.
We are not your enemy, its your government thats enslaving you.
If you are so concerned with your constitutional rights and so willing to defend them then why are you not up in arms over the governments passing of the patriot act 1&2 or the o's latest x.o.?
Where were you when bush was doing his impression of the lord of the dance on it?
The constitution wont save.you from what's coming.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The people that worship Jesus as God are ignorant.

So, over half the Christians on the planet disagree with your interpretation of Christianity, they are ignorant because they disagree with your interpretation. Okay .. Good to know.

Show me the bible verse where Jesus says that he is God. It doesn't exist.

I already showed you a few of verses they get it from. That is their interpretation. It doesn't match yours. But again, the fact is that more than half of Chrsitianity believes Christ is God incarnate. That's a FACT. If you agree with their interpretation or not is unimportant to the discussion.

how am I wrong about Muslims respecting and praising Jesus as a prophet?

I never said that was wrong. I said Muslims do not worship Christ as God like most Christians do. Being a 'god' and being a 'prophet' are two different things.

You owe me an apology for calling me a liar. I did not lie.
Over half the Christians on the planet worship Christ as God incarnate.
Muslims do not. Therefore, Christianity and Islam are not the same.
As for Muslims and Jews .. they may worship the same God .. I don't know.
They have one supreme being and they dont' worship Christ as God incarnate
so THAT could be the same. But Christianity and Islam .. definately not.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So, over half the Christians on the planet disagree with your interpretation of Christianity, they are ignorant because they disagree with your interpretation. Okay .. Good to know.

No they're ignorant because they disagree with their own book. Jesus does not once call himself God in the Bible. That is fact. It's not my fault that some Christians want to create their own reality.

I already showed you a few of verses they get it from. That is their interpretation. It doesn't match yours. But again, the fact is that more than half of Chrsitianity believes Christ is God incarnate. That's a FACT. If you agree with their interpretation or not is unimportant to the discussion.

It's actually very important to the discussion because the church isn't doing it's job if the majority of their population is this ignorant. But I guess it's more important to talk about Romans 13 and Government worship than actually teaching the core fundamentals of the religion. But please I'm still waiting for you to show me the verse where Jesus calls himself God.

I never said that was wrong. I said Muslims do not worship Christ as God like most Christians do. Being a 'god' and being a 'prophet' are two different things.

Right but I think what you really mean is that most Christians believe that Jesus was the actual son of God - not God in the flesh. That is actually an acceptable Christian view and the reason why the trinity argument even exists. But to call Jesus something he never said he actually was is creating your own reality no matter how many people believe it.

You owe me an apology for calling me a liar. I did not lie.
Over half the Christians on the planet worship Christ as God incarnate.
Muslims do not. Therefore, Christianity and Islam are not the same.
As for Muslims and Jews .. they may worship the same God .. I don't know.
They have one supreme being and they dont' worship Christ as God incarnate
so THAT could be the same. But Christianity and Islam .. definately not.

The Jewish religion does worship the same God as Christians and Muslims. Jews don't believe Jesus was God, the son of God, or even a prophet.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Down4Whateva
What is an "islamist" anyway
It seems to be a very popular word with the crowd I would identify as islamophobic.
According to the way it's flung around both me and my hijab wearing wife are "islamist" because we don't conform to western norms.
I think apart of the problem is that in order to fit in in the u.s. you are expected to assimilate at,the cost of your identity.
It's the borg of nations.
They try to make it a constitution issue but it's really about cultural dominace as provin by history.
But as we snap at eachothers throats a sinister game is afoot and we are the pawns and rooks.
We are not your enemy, its your government thats enslaving you.
If you are so concerned with your constitutional rights and so willing to defend them then why are you not up in arms over the governments passing of the patriot act 1&2 or the o's latest x.o.?
Where were you when bush was doing his impression of the lord of the dance on it?
The constitution wont save.you from what's coming.

Ahhh the irony. And here I am, calling Islam the "borg" of religions.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

this is a short video outlining the Belief of Jesus (as) and his holy mother Mary (sa) in Islam

www.youtube.com...

I cant manage to embed this video no matter how hard I try so I am sorry

and here is where I posted a movie about the Muslim belief of Jesus (as) and Mary (sa) from a thread where the discussion was upon what Jagermeister is saying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
oops!
edit on 7-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
reply to post by beezzer

Ahhh the irony. And here I am, calling Islam the "borg" of religions.

You are just a Muslim baiter.

Goose-step much?

Not at all. I just call it as I see it.

Goose-step. *chuckle* Really? Why not just call my parents a name and threaten my life!

Islam is a religion of dominance. Of control. Of absolutes.

And it has a very large apology base here on ATS.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

they're ignorant because they disagree with their own book.

... again ... that's YOUR interpretation. The majority of Christians disagree and believe Christ to be God. Therefore, Christianity and Islam do NOT worship the same god. 1 + 1 = 2.

But please I'm still waiting for you to show me the verse where Jesus calls himself God.

But please .. I've already shown you where they get some of it from. Go back and read the thread. If you want to know where those Christian denominations get their interpretation from, go find out. Take it up with THEM. I'm just reporting the end result ... their belief is that Jesus is God. They worship Jesus as God. God in the flesh. Divine. A trinity god ...

I think what you really mean is that most Christians believe that Jesus was the actual son of God - not God in the flesh.

No. Did you read the links? Those denominations of Christianity believe that Jesus is actually GOD. They believe Him to be God in the flesh. Not just 'the son of God'. But GOD. Divine. Part of a 'Holy Trinity' Godhead. Read the links .. they say Jesus is FULLY GOD and fully human. That's their interpretation and their belief.

The Jewish religion does worship the same God as Christians and Muslims. Jews don't believe Jesus was God, the son of God, or even a prophet.

Then the Jews don't worship the same god as the Christians. The majority of Christians believe Jesus is GOD HIMSELF. A trinity God. It sounds like the Jews and the Muslims worship the same God. But the majority of Christians worship Christ as God and therefore they have a different God. Obviously.

edit on 5/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why not just call my parents a name and threaten my life!

A rather strange invitation. Are you having problems with your parents or do they also think you are inappropriate in your attitudes to others.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The belief in Christ being God is not Christianity. Jesus never even wanted a religion formed in his name let alone a pope living in a castle. What you're speaking of is either ignorant people or something different from core Christian beliefs. This is not my interpretation this is what is and is not in the Bible.

I don't need to take it up with anyone. You either follow the word of the bible or you don't. If people want to make Jesus into Santa Claus who am I to tell them any different. At the end of the day I don't care. I'm not part of any religion. I believe in whatever created this universe to be God. I don't need scripture I have 2 eyes.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I support unity , but few (Braindead) extremist wannabes "perfect christians" flocks it up !

Lets share a common bond

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The truth is, your opinions appear to be from someone who has no clue about Christianity. I think you are just making it up as you go.

Does the Holy Trinity ring any bells in your vacuous and misinformed head whatsoever?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join