It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

So you are now saying that there are conditions where islamists CAN infringe on other peoples freedoms.

Okay. We're making progress.

I wonder what other condtions exist?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

These men were kidnapped from their lands, underwent the most horrific tortures known to human kind... and you do not think they have the right to have the same type of religious considerations they would have had they been put on trial in their own countries? This to you is somehow an infringement on YOUR rights???????

What the about their right not to have been brutally tortured?

But I forget... this is an infringement upon your rights to have them allowed one small thing... the same type of religious considerations they would have on trial in their own countries.....

They did not ask to be there... if you do not want to cover your women then FREE them... they will happily go to their country... they never wanted to be tortured in Guantanamo bay

And how dare you say this has anything to do with American Muslims practicing their religion in this country!!!!!!!!!

edit on 7-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by beezzer

These men were kidnapped from their lands, underwent the most horrific tortures known to human kind... and you do not think they have the right to have the same type of religious considerations they would have had they been put on trial in their own countries? This to you is somehow an infringement on YOUR rights???????

But I forget... this is an infringement upon your rights to have them allowed one small thing... the same type of religious considerations they would have on trial in their own countries.....

They did not ask to be there... if you do not want to cover your women then FREE them... they will happily go to their country... they never wanted to be tortured in Guantanamo bay

You are insane

These men are terrorists. They commited acts of violence against people.

Do they get any consideration?

And you call me insane.

Again, you're only confirming my supicions and validating my point.

But please, continue.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You people know this is all about a 2000 year old book right? I mean I just want to make sure we all understand this.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister
You people know this is all about a 2000 year old book right? I mean I just want to make sure we all understand this.
I think it's about more than that. It's about personal freedoms regardless to whether you believe in anything or not.

It's about a religion that is growing in America that flys in direct contrast to American laws and it's Constitution.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just to keep a sense of perspective, 2-point-whatever million is still less than one percent of the whole country.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

You are insane

These men are terrorists. They commited acts of violence against people.

Do they get any consideration?

And you call me insane.

Again, you're only confirming my supicions and validating my point.

But please, continue.

If we are to follow your reasoning, I am not different than the prisoners in Guantanamo bay. That is what you proved. That is what hurt me deeply.

Also, torture is inhumane... an enemy, any enemy, deserves better. From any side. That is not what stops terrorism, it is the cause. Those men, can never go free, you and I both know that. It is the saddest fact of all. Innocent or guilt no longer matters.Therefore, before there death, you should give even your enemy one last request. Theirs is to follow their religion properly the remainder of their days.

So, anyone who thinks I or the multitude of American Muslims are not identical to the prisoners of Guantanamo bay may ascertain this i am certain for themselves. Based on our actions, which are good, just people who wish to follow our religion, the same way you and every other American is allowed the right to do.There is no cause to call me or any Muslim a terrorist or compare us to such, when we have done no harm to anyone.

None of this is the game you appear to desire, we are human beings. Not play things.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

No-one is stopping you from following your religion.

These people though are MAKING OTHERS follow their religious tenents.

edit on 7-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have nothing more to say. Guantanamo bay is not here. The situations are antithetical to one another.

Goodnight.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I have nothing more to say. Guantanamo bay is not here.

Of course you can't say anymore. Because their "request" is outrageous! GITMO is "American" soil as far as the courts are concerned.

GITMO today, a US civil court tomorrow.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It is my pleasure to allow you the last word. Be my guest

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

It is my pleasure to allow you the last word. Be my guest

You have proven my point. Through your posts you have shown the bias that islamists feel that they are entitled to.

It will be a growing concern as the islamic faith increases in the states.

Vigilence is called for.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by FlyersFan

BILLIONS of Christians around the world say otherwise.

They're wrong, too!

Christians and Muslims worship two different 'gods'. That's just the fact of the matter.
BILLIONS of Christians believe Christ is God and they worship Him.
YOUR interpretation that Christ is not God and you don't worship Him ... that's a small
minority among Christians

Where Christians get this from the Christian Bible -

John 1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
John 17:5 - And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began
John 10:30 - I and the Father are One.

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
Anyone who cites this as an example of Muslims imposing their religion on others is selling garbage.

There are plenty of other examples of Muslims imposing their religion on others.
Maybe we should start listing them to educate the apologists.
There wouldn't be 'muslim nations' right now if they didn't slaughter and destroy in
order to take over those nations. Would you like some up to date examples?
The Christian minister in Iran sentenced to death comes to mind.
Simply because he wouldn't convert to Islam .. he gets sentenced to death.
The bibles and rosaries not allowed into Saudi Arabia and other 'muslim' nations.
Ancient buddhist statues blown up in Afghanistan by Muslims simply because they weren't
Muslim. etc etc etc ...

ATS Thread - Christian Minister Sentenced to Death
And no matter what a certain person here claims, this person was NOT a muslim.
Even the corrupt Iranian court system admits to that. He's being killed for being
a Christian. Pure and simple.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Christians and Muslims worship two different 'gods'. That's just the fact of the matter. BILLIONS of Christians believe Christ is God and they worship Him. YOUR interpretation that Christ is not God and you don't worship Him ... that's a small minority among Christians

Your whole argument is dependent on misdirection and sophistry. No Muslims claims God and Jesus (s.a.w.) are one and the same. When a Muslims claims they worship God, he means the same almighty God you worship. You can try slice it anyway you want it but you cannot change that truth.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have proven my point. Through your posts you have shown the bias that islamists feel that they are entitled to.

You make a wholly nonsensical argument.

Let us examine your logic;

"...bias that islamists feel that they are entitled to..."

Firstly, the term Islamist is an invention without a clear definition. You throw it around in an accusatory tone. Even stranger, you object to someone being biased in favour of their own opinion.

All your comments are biased too towards bigotry but one accepts this because they are your opinions.

How can one be biased against their own opinions? Can you cite an example or demonstrate such a possibility.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

Let me be simpler then.

People who worship islam feel that they are entitled (at the expense of others) to promote their religion and religious tenents where ever they choose.

If anyone objects, then folks like yourself play some bigot card and scream PC trash.

Now go apologise to the islamists and sit still while they run roughshod all over you.

edit on 7-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Woman Converts to Islam After Relatives Are Killed on 9/11

Sister Angela converted to islam after 9/11

Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam

After 9/11 she converted to Islam

Angelina is a Muslim Now

Former priest converts to Islam (2011)

Oliver Stones's son Sean Stone converts to Islam, talks about Iran

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

We gave it all up for superstition. Primitive ****. A 2000 year old book being used as an excuse to fight what amounts to nothing more than a 2000 year old race war. Who cares what the growing religion is?!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Let me be simpler then.

Actually you are coming across as condescending and your comment is even more long winded than your previous one and not at all "simpler".

People who worship islam feel that they are entitled (at the expense of others) to promote their religion and religious tenents where ever they choose.

Muslims worship God and not Islam. I can't take you seriously if you are so careless with your language.

Muslims are entitled to promote their religion because they value it and it is the nature of missionary type religions to proselytise.

You need to explain what you believe your losses are when Muslims promote their religion.

If anyone objects, then folks like yourself play some bigot card and scream PC trash.

Bigotry existed long before "PC trash" as you put it. You need to accept that you share this planet with people who are not like you.

Now go apologise to the islamists and sit still while they run roughshod all over you.

Just how have Muslims run "roughshod" over you? You will have to explain how people you call Islamists have oppressed you?

Why do you believe I should apologies to Muslims and would that be to a particular Muslim or Muslims or all the Muslims around the world?

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join