It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by XXXN3O

You're selling yourself short dude, no god changed your life, you did.

You took the steps you needed to change your life, you took action to change your circumstances.

Seriously dude, be proud of yourself, it's ok.

Dude, off topic, I love your avatar. FBP

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If their was a rational conceptual theory that explained God as the infinite and creation as the balance of infinity against infinity would Atheists or even the average person want to know it and if they knew it would they accept it or reject it? Most people believe evidence guides their beliefs but what if deep deep down we all know the truth and can quite easily grasp it but we really don't want to know the truth? Most people believe that evidence guides what we believe but what if the truth is what we believe guides the evidence we accept, therefore, we have it all upside down, inverted. What if that inversion applies to most of our beliefs which leads people to pray to God for money or a house when what we really want is happiness and peace? What if the material possessions are symbolic of our longing for happiness but if we received them they would actually accelerate our misery. What would a just God do given that contradictory state of affairs? God would bypass the material and offer what it symbolized. Then what if most people were too wrapped up in the material to notice that peace and happiness are right there for the accepting as long as it is shared? If all of that were true you would look around and what you would see is Earth.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

I was about to make a post... but it would be very similiar to yours.....thought/prayer/beliefs all shape the reality around you.. there are no limits except the ones your subconcious mind sets...........

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by XXXN3O

You're selling yourself short dude, no god changed your life, you did.

You took the steps you needed to change your life, you took action to change your circumstances.

Seriously dude, be proud of yourself, it's ok.

Dude, off topic, I love your avatar. FBP

Nothing wrong with that, take the avatar for yourself if you like it.

Just let me know and ill change mine

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

We have a lot in common. I am an engineer, therefore, logical and scientifically minded. Yet I had an experience, or rather many experiences but one in particular, that was so profound and life changing, that I can not deny it. Being rational and mathematical, I can't believe that my experience was random chance, the odds are astronomical. Besides, the emotional and experiential aspect that seemed to speak to my heart almost audibly, it had to be a miracle. Anyway, like you said, you just know in your own mind according to your own experience and there's no way to convince someone else of that.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
To answer the OP on the original post, yes! I've actually learned to be as precise and descriptive as possible with the right reasons for what I'm asking. You may truly get what you ask for not being ready to handle it.There are people whim kniw exactly what be careful what you ask. You want Him to answer yes to what you ask, ask Him like you would your folks. Ask with the right reason for what you ask. It cannot be anything that would promote any of the 7 deadly sins. Your heart has to know what you ask for is honorable and right. If you ask for money, it needs to be to use in the help of others, like your family. What most miss is a stranger on the street is the same as brother or sister in God's eyes. When you're done asking, tell God you pray to Him in the name of Jesus of Nazareth. Amen. You say the Lord's Prayer.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Prayer is communion with yourself.

They 'appear' to be answered because you usually come up with the best solutions to problems when you are in solitude and mediate objectively.

No intervention by "someone in the sky".

edit on 4-5-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You are wrong about that

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

thanks for the joke thread..

i needed a laugh...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

for an unambiguous answer to the question ` is prayer answered ` you need to look to agroup of prayees whoes request can only be answered with an utterly unambigiuous response

my , and may other skeptics definition of such a sutible group is of course amputees

for the simple reason that sponteneous regrowth of a whole limb has never been documented in humans

having established that no amputee has sucessfully prayed to get thier lost limb back , it only remains to examine the reason why

a - prayer does not work

b god cannot or will not heal them

c amputees dont pray

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

And what evidence do you have to refute his claims?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Everyday I wake up with a roof over my head, a loving family at my side, and enough in reserve to make it through another day, yeah. If you want the Lord to answer your prayers, remember to pray for those things that come out of love, and it's pretty much a slam dunk. Oh, and God isn't a microwave, so please don't put Him on a three minute timer, it won't get you far.

Just a humble opinion.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

So, if Jesus never did that, then why are you labeled as the Anti-Christ? Don't you need to have a Christ to have an anti-Christ?

And what is so bad about peaceful organized religion? It is people that made these things extreme. People's interpretations ruin everything.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think this man sums it up:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
yes

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Most definitely yes!

Can you share with us...this great miracle,troubleshooter.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

The flaw of never being flesh? The Father, The Son & Holy Spirit. He died in flesh.

God or his son?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

Yep. Endemic Catholic priest paedophilia!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
Yes - beyond a shadow of doubt God has answered many prayers -

Can you explain just one prayer he has answered.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by holywar666

So, if Jesus never did that, then why are you labeled as the Anti-Christ? Don't you need to have a Christ to have an anti-Christ?

No, i'm just Anti-Christ. Anything Christ, i'm against. Religion is ridiculous. Plus im also adopted like Damien, the Antichrist in the Omen flicks. Its a nice jingle. Goes well with Jason & the World Trade Center.

edit on 4-5-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join