It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Has God ever answered just answered 1prayer in your entire life, in which you can actually say it was the good lord that answered it?

Why is it that 100% of all humans’ prayers go unanswered every second of every body’s life here on earth, why?

It was told to me that the God the populace conjured through a picture isn’t the God that you’re looking for or think your praying to, in fact ,the God that you look for is not yet created, therefore, I see why prayers go unanswered and no happiness dwells in this hell you call earth.

What in the world did you humans summon from the depth of not heaven or good, is beyond me!

So, what has this…conjured pretend God ever done for you ,besides throw you in a big pot of sin and wish you well on your journey in life in the flesh of rules that will always be broken.

What God are you really praying to?

God has one flaw,and thats, the '' flaw of never being flesh ''
edit on 4-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Most definitely yes!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The flaw of never being flesh? The Father, The Son & Holy Spirit. He died in flesh.

+18 more 
posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
God only seems to answers prayer requests for things that could have come to pass anyway, and interestingly, with about the same frequency we would have expected them to pass regardless.

For instance, if you toss a coin 100 times and pray for heads every single time, he will answer your prayers approximately 50% of the time, the rest of the time he obviously answered with a "no".

This God is indistinguishable from "no God", according to any scientific or statistical test known to man.

If he is there, he might as well not be.
edit on 4-5-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yes - beyond a shadow of doubt God has answered many prayers -

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

In a word 100% Yes ....I wont elaborate on the answered prayer other than to say He did it in a 3 fold way ..and it has happened over a period of 2 weeks ...He has also answered many other prayer request, right on this site ...He most defiantly works in mysterious ways, not always giving us what we think we want but giving us much better than we were capable of understanding at the time of the request ...peace

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

You remind me of a maiden childless aunt who is an expert on children...
...or celibate priest who is an expert on marriage.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
No. He has pretty much always ignored me. Unless you count the time when I swallowed over 100 pain pills to kill myself, then I heard a woman's voice telling me over and over again, "This is your last chance." But I didn't pray for help then. I was beyond help at that point.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

You remind me of a maiden childless aunt who is an expert on children...
...or celibate priest who is an expert on marriage.

Your analogy is flawed. Children exist, and therefore one can become an expert in them.

Following your analogy, you would be an expert in the behaviour of leprechauns.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
God personally answer my prayers??? probably NOT, I think he/she has way too much to do than bother with than little ole me, but God's agents or the universe in general has definitely answered my prayers. Things don't happen immediately, I think God and his minions works on a very different schedule, so I'll pray for something, think that my prayers went unanswered and then months and sometimes even years later, my prayers get fulfilled.. now that I think about it, the answer should be Yes because even if he/she didn't personally answer my prayers they gave the authorization to whatever forces did

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've never heard the voice of God. I have no idea if He exists or if He answers prayers.

I do know that sometimes, when I pour my heart out in prayer....I feel peace. It could just be the peace of finally acknolwedging my feelings,,,,or maybe its an answered prayer.

I would imagine, if God exists, He is so far out of our understanding that an answered prayer might be completely unrecognizable.
'
Just my two cents worth.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Many make the mistake of thinking things like God cannot be tested and shown to exist, or not exist.

Once you define God, as the mainstream religions like Christianity have done, he is open to rational scientific investigation. You say prayer works, and the Bible is very clear that prayer works, to the effect that anything prayed for sincerely will be given. This is simply and demonstrably not so, and every believer knows it full well - yet they rationalize.

It is so easy to test prayer that scientists have actually done it, and those prayed for fare just as well, or badly, as those not prayed for. Prayer simply does not work, because no one is listening, at least no one willing to intervene with the unimportant lives of us insignificant humans.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clear that the rich elite 1% get their prayers answered every single day, though.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
ever consider that it's maybe because ur not doing it right? you know.. doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? if the method you are using isnt working. then maybe it just doesnt work that way. maybe you are totally deluded in ur understanding of contacting the supreme being. it may be possible that ur study brought you poor results because you made the wrong assumption. Maybe it could be even you havent really triedreally hard at it at all. hmm.. my fault, my stupidity, my poor decision, me to blame, i was wrong,.. these phrases seem to be naturally rejected by the average human to admit to themselves when the circumstance arises. It's as tho we think we are perfect already so there is no way and reason to entertain that we ourselves may be at fault and seek to make ammends to that fault. which is imo true repentance.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
perhaps it's the method of praying or whom you pray to that makes the difference in these scientific test???

maybe requesting specific dieties like Jesus, Allah or Krishna is where the flaw lies and God doesn't answer to those names???

personally i believe in the God of many names...and never really assigned one of the known names used by major religions in my prayers.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
perhaps it's the method of praying or whom you pray to that makes the difference in these scientific test???

In all good science if the method is wrong, we change it, and test again.

What method do you suggest the scientists use for their next test? Or do you think these tests will always fail, even though prayer works? Why would that be so? Would God deliberately try to deceive us or to keep us from the truth?

When a belief stubbornly refuses to validate itself no matter how we put it to the test, we should consider rethinking that belief. And if a belief cannot be validated via a test of any kind, we have to wonder again, how the focus of that belief is distinguishable from something non-existent.

I could choose to believe that magical fairies dictate the way my coin falls when I toss it, but to believe such a crazy thing without being able to put the existence of those fairies to the test themselves, that's just absurd.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Probably many times, indirectly or through circumstances that I could explain away as coincidence, but once, I can say without a doubt that He answered my prayers in a profound way. This was 32 years ago and it was a life or death situation. I was praying fervently and He actually spoke to me. I'm not sure if it was audible or just in my mind, but it was unmistakeable. My oldest son is alive now as a result.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Without a doubt God - no matter what name you choose to use for him/her - has answered my prayers. Not always on my timetable and not always the answer I wanted but, with time and reflection, I can see it was the right answer each time.
edit on 4/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

to prove or disprove, science would have to test every religion, every known prayer, every ritual ever known to man to figure that one out imo. Maybe God has silly rules before he/she answers prayers, maybe you had to take a shower, wear white and say the prayer X amount of times before he listens???

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

For sure!! He has answered my prayers..

When I pray to God I do it with the complete knowing that it will be answered...

I feel one should have a relationship with God and never waiver on the relationship for prayers to be answered.

Maybe it's kind of like this:
I hear people say, I'm a good person, I've never physically hurt anyone nor do I wish bad on anybody, so yeah I should go to heaven if there is one...

Then I think: Why would God invite a stranger into his house even if he has been good?

Then I think some more: Would I invite a person that I don't know into my house if he/she knocked on my front door and said. Hello, my name is Billy and I've been a good person and I'm going to live in your home. My response would be: Billy I'm glad you've been a good person, but I don't know you. We don't have a relationship.

So maybe a relationship or the act of seeking a relationship with God will give you some noticeable answers to your prayer question...

I am not saying there are rules, but the bible says to "believe with all your heart" as you pray and it will be answered... Even that kind of prayer in IMO is also an attempt in seeking God. So you knocked over two cans with one rock, Pray with faith and at the same time your faith just put you into a new catagory and that's when the actual knocking starts to be heard by the Almighty...

Just a thought and hope it helps.

God bless you all!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join