It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
OP, God has answered several of my prayers. There were several times that I asked for miraculous things AND I GOT THEM.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
So is this still a "Deny Ignorance" website? Religion is the cornerstone of ignorance.

word...
  • "Deny Ignorance" = check
  • "Deny religion" = check
  • "Deny God" = The REAL cornerstone of ignorance...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by humphreysjim

You remind me of a maiden childless aunt who is an expert on children...
...or celibate priest who is an expert on marriage.

Your analogy is flawed. Children exist, and therefore one can become an expert in them.

Following your analogy, you would be an expert in the behaviour of leprechauns.

And following your analogy, you would know all there is to know. In fact, in your vain arrogance you are practically demanding that we all bow down and worship YOU as a God. How do you know such things as whether or not there is a God? Because you can't see or hear one? No, I'm sorry. The answer is that you could not possibly know. You can only guess. You can say that you personally believe that there is no god. But you can't say its proven he does not exist. You can say that you "know in your heart" that he doesn't exist. But you cannot prove it. And you also cannot just say something stupid like, "Hey God, if you're real, give me a ham and cheese sandwich" and expect a result. Well, actually, I may have had some similar things happen, but... I wouldn't count on it, but I will say that He has a sense of humor.

To the op: Yes he has answered many prayers. I won't go into it here, except to say that I should be dead. When a series of things happens at impossible statistical chances, it is very hard to ignore. IT IS MY PERSONAL BELIEF and I KNOW IN MY HEART that God is real. I am not sure if any church has the right idea of him or I just have not met them. I'm actually pretty sure there may be some good ones out there. They may be pretty small or not very well known. Real followers get turned off by the glitz and glam of the bigger ones and they are not doing it to be popular or be seen by many others.. and how could one pastor look after more than 40-80 people? How can he give them the proper attention? I've heard of preachers speaking to large groups, but, on a weekly basis at your home church?? He (or she, sorry) can't? He or she can only take their money... You won't see the pastor of a small church covered in expensive jewelry... Driving a $40,000+ car.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
So is this still a "Deny Ignorance" website?

Religion is the cornerstone of ignorance.

Why can't people shake the disease? Is its hold on your heart too strong?

Fight it!
edit on 5/5/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

Saying that all religions are ignorant is a pretty ignorant statement. Some are and some are not. To deny entire schools of thought because they have been labeled is a close minded approach to the world that will only leave you in the dark. If 'religion' is the cornerstone of ignorance then why is modern science now finding the same things some schools have known for thousands of years? Go pick up a copy of 'Tao of Physics' for a start.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

I was in a car wreck that broke my C-1 and C-3 on the spine. The doctor said it was a miracle that I was alive, much less talking to him. I walked out of the hospital that same night, a bit shaken, and with a throbbing pain in my neck that never really lets up (I think it's His way of reminding me not to act like such a jerk behind the wheel of a car ever again. It's hard to forget). Still, I should be dead. Paralyzed at best. But here I am, with enough of my mind still working to be able to post to this board. I can still mow the lawn, take out the trash, and provide for my family. This, to me, is a miracle, and I fully believe it was because there is a whole family that prays for my safety in-spite of myself. The odds of it being anything else are around the same as the universe just deciding to expand one day and create space time for no reason other than that is what it chose to do. The heavens above profess the power of God. The entire universe is his fingerprint. Either that, or I am not only the luckiest SOB ever, but also the most deluded.

Take it for what you will.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Fair enough but when people have these "experiences" they dont look at all the angles and go straight to "God answered my prayers" which to me is a delusion way to think about life.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Though i am very glad you survived your not looking at all the possible things that saved your life: Seat Belt, Air Bags, Steel Frames and Physics. Dont attribute things you dont know or understand to God. Theres always a logical explanation for everything that happens.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Though i am very glad you survived your not looking at all the possible things that saved your life: Seat Belt, Air Bags, Steel Frames and Physics. Dont attribute things you dont know or understand to God. Theres always a logical explanation for everything that happens.

No seat beat no air bag in a ford ranger late 90s model that hit a telephone pole at 120 miles an hour. Rolled it thrice which crushed the cabin of the truck down to the dashboard on the driver's side (where I was). The engine block was thrust under the vehicle, which is by design. If not, it would've impaled me clean. But that I do attribute to engineering. I won't claim to be a physicist, but I know that if I could show you the pics of that wreck (moved a few times since then, and I know, conveniently enough, have lost those pics, as well as things far more important to me, in such moves.), you might even think "hm, maybe that was some divine intervention."

I understand that things like this can be hard to believe, as it has been throughout the ages of man. But I would dare say that sometimes (not always, just sometimes) the logical explanation is God did it.

Another example. My grandmother in the late 1980s is diagnosed with cancer. The doctor gives her a month to live, if she is lucky.

As a family, we pray, every day, for her. Now sure, she still sees a doctor, and receives treatment. Faith is important, but God put people with the sharps to be doctors on the planet for a reason. At the end of the month, there was not one cell of cancer in her. Not one. Her doctor said he had never see anything like it. "Just short of a miracle" was his exact words.

I believe God works withen the realm of science, but is hardly limited to it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh yes my prayers have been answered. But let me enlighten you. It has nothing to do with any deity or demi god in the flesh. Its YOU its always been about you. Thats all the farther Ill go into that.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

No seat beat no air bag in a ford ranger late 90s model that hit a telephone pole at 120 miles an hour. Rolled it thrice which crushed the cabin of the truck down to the dashboard on the driver's side (where I was). The engine block was thrust under the vehicle, which is by design. If not, it would've impaled me clean. But that I do attribute to engineering. I won't claim to be a physicist, but I know that if I could show you the pics of that wreck (moved a few times since then, and I know, conveniently enough, have lost those pics, as well as things far more important to me, in such moves.), you might even think "hm, maybe that was some divine intervention."

Why didnt you mention this in your first post? Im sorry but i am very doubtful of Human integrity and if you dont have any pictures to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this happened im going to remain skeptical.

I understand that things like this can be hard to believe, as it has been throughout the ages of man. But I would dare say that sometimes (not always, just sometimes) the logical explanation is God did it.

I think the better assumption should be that you simply don't know. Many attribute things that are unknown to us to the divine and shut their minds off to any logical explanations.

Another example. My grandmother in the late 1980s is diagnosed with cancer. The doctor gives her a month to live, if she is lucky.

As a family, we pray, every day, for her. Now sure, she still sees a doctor, and receives treatment. Faith is important, but God put people with the sharps to be doctors on the planet for a reason. At the end of the month, there was not one cell of cancer in her. Not one. Her doctor said he had never see anything like it. "Just short of a miracle" was his exact words.

I would attribute this to a 'Miracle' of Medicine. Its not like Jesus stood over her and cured her. The best thing explanation is that you don't know.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianOrion
reply to post by holywar666

Hi

Please to meet you again...

You're picking holes with God (NOT clever) by using some semi-word type argument...

You WILL lose...

Trust me...

Just curious: Who told you there is a god?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
You prayed, and you got a new baseball, car, house, job.
Someone in Darfur prayed for food and got nothing.
Someone in Sudan prayed for peace and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed for the bombs to stop falling and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed that their stepfather would stop raping them and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed that they could kick drugs and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed that they could survive AIDS but got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed for a new limb but got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed for a drink of clean water and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed for their priest to stop molesting them and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed for a pain free death and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed for rain and got nothing.
Someone in XXXX prayed for a stop to the rain and got nothing.
Should I go on?
These someones are all praying to the 'one and only god,' remember? There's only one, so it shouldn't matter what faith they are.

These things happen every day. Every minute.
If your god is loving, he only answers the prayer of the few.
The lucky.
The living-in-a-first-world-country lucky.
The living-in-a-first-world-country-so-I-have-the-opportunity-to-pick-myself-up-and-do-something-for-myself lucky.

He works in mysterious ways?
The mystery is why you pray to him in the first place.
If I met him/her/it/3.14, I'd avoid him/her/it/3.14.
Not a nice god at all. I've read the book he/she/it/3.14 was supposed to have written, and every step of the way this god is a complete b******d.
If you had a 'friend' or 'acquaintance' who acted even remotely like your god, you'd have very little to do with them.

SO VERY TRUE!!!

edit on 5-5-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Long ago, back when I was delusional...oops....I mean 'religious', I saw that something was completely wrong.

I knew terminally ill people, who prayed to live but then died..
I knew impoverished people, who prayed to eat, but went hungry
I knew married couples, who prayed to stay together but then divorced
I (being a former Marine) knew SEVERAL military personnel, who prayed for peace but were sent to war and died.

SO

I logically formed the simple conclusion:

**Either god is incompetent or simply does not care**

and either way, he does not deserve any life-long worship

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

My thoughts exactly. Star for you.

And how people treat their little 'miraculous miracles' as evidence of God is beyond comprehension.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
1972 - I was 2yrs old & was being prepped the day before surgery to have my adenoids removed due to chronic ear infections. The next morning the doc called my mother and informed her that the surgery will not be performed. His answer as to why was "Before we began I checked the tissue area and to my surprise the adenoid tissue was as if it were never damaged. Basically ma'am, it's a miracle I cannot explain." Of course my mom told everyone in the family and come to find out one of my 4 Aunts who had just recently been born again said she prayed in tongues for hours the night before the surgery that I would be healed. And what do you know, my adenoids are still here and I haven't had so much as ear ache since

2008 - I'm a major fitness buff and have been since high school. In 2006 my right shoulder began experiencing all types of pain.So much so that I stopped all forms of fitness hoping it would just heal naturally. 2 years later (2008) I had finally had enough of this ridiculous pain, no working out, & got an MRI. Lo and behold I was diagnosed with a SLAP tear (google it). Also there was maceration and fraying of the surrounding connective tissue as well as tearing of the supraspinatus (rotator cuff). In other words my shoulder was almost as busted as it could be without being ripped of my body. Man was I depressed because that meant I couldn't do anything my shoulder for at least a year if/when I decided on surgery which my doc said I would definitely need to get back to normal. Well I was stubborn and something kept telling me to hold off on surgery.

Without boring anyone reading this fast forward to to 2011 and STILL NO SURGERY (was I really that dumb?). I decided to dig deep and really pray to God Jesus and ask for His healing. After I prayed I felt very tired and went to sleep, it was a beautiful saturday to boot. I woke up sunday evening and didn't even realize it at first but the daily pain I had learned to live with for years was GONE. A few minutes later it hit me, NO PAIN! I was healed and have been working out since. Great part about it is I still have my MRI disc as proof to what my injuries were and that surgery was going to be "required". Another good thing is that my friends have been there with me through the whole deal and some still poo poo my healing. In the end it's belief in God Jesus and prayer was all that was required.

Y'all have a great weekend! Peace.

addendum: HAHA!! Wow, after I had posted about my healing two lovely people came to my door and asked me to come to their church this sunday. What's weird is I have lived in my current house for 12 years and have never ever once had a Christian come to my door asking me to attend their church, NOT ONCE...until as of a few minutes ago. Signs are everywhere my friends, be open to them

edit on 5-5-2012 by WillHal1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
When you give your heart to Jesus Christ and you come into a relationship with God, you know Him. Knowing Him, you know that 100% for sure, yes He does, has, and will answer prayers, but that doesn't mean He just gives you whatever you want. It's according to the desire of your heart that is in accordance to His will that He does. It's nothing anyone can just prove to anyone who doesn't already believe, but when you believe,you will see it is totally TRUE! Yes our Perfect Father in Heaven does in fact, answer prayers. There are many miraculous accounts throughout history that God has answered prayers and interevened in the lives of men, but again, if someone doesn't believe anyways, then they won't be convinced.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
once, on a fishing trip.
There were no fish, so I tried a lattle prayer.
Suddenly, a fish on both hooks.
The fish forgot to pray to their god, I guess

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by conar

Eventually you would of caught a fish with or without prayer. Doesn't prove anything.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I called a friend of mine yesterday, I hadn't spoken to him in awhile; I just thought of him out of the blue, and needed to say hello. He picked up the phone and gushed for five minutes about how he was thinking of the old days, and he's so lonely and he said to himself, "God willing I will talk to her soon". I smiled and said "God answers those informal prayers too Marc". My friend didn't get it at first, but afterwards he said, "do you think God really considered my thoughts as prayers?".

I really don't believe God likes us to beg Him, I think going on your knees and pleading is not the way to go... But yes, He answers prayers all the time, from the nervous "help me God" prayers we say before we make presentations in the boardroom, to those "she's so little God, help her get better" ones we pray for our kids.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Without God we have nothing. That is the bottom line. God is my savior and my guidance. He has been there when none other was. He helped me struggle through. I do owe my life to God.

God Bless,

Gen. Andrew F. Strasser

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join