It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hairy Beast

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by sugarcookie1

randyvs
Thanks for posting i fell asleep thinking no one was going to post to my thread
I had my doubts about the video also ..But i thought the Patterson video was deemed a hoax also ..But i always liked that video i thought it was one of the better ones.
The one i posted the BigFoot just looks to human in the way it walks and reacts but most are like that ..I just wish for a clear picture non fuzzy with at least 2 mins of the creature..time will tell i guess..peace,sugarcookie1

Psss...

Wake up !

You prolly have a lap-top. I'd have to fall asleep sitting up at my desk. End up drooling all over myself.

Just want to let you know that the Patty film, has never been debunked and most likely never will be. You have to consider the fact that, it was filmed at an innocent time of the least technology. To this date that is the piece of evidence that debunkers can't refute. The history channel puts out a lot of disinfo on the subject and tried to say it was this big redneck dude in a suit. But that was proven to be the hoax. In fact the Patty film just becomes more convincing as technology exposes more of her.

I say Patty and her for a very good reason.

Did you notice the breasts when she turns to look at the camera ?

Hi randyvs

I was at my desktop i have a comfy chair i just layed back and out i went i do that often i should know better if i have a thread running..naughty me

I didn't know the Patty film was never debunked another ATS member told me it was so thats good to know..I always thought the Patterson video was compelling i love talking about this kind of stuff ..
Oh and i did notice Patty's breasts they do stand out i wish i was that big (laugh) anyhow thanks again for posting and the video..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Very interesting thread, but you tricked me. From your title, I thought this was about the Hairy Beast mentioned in The Terra Papers, which explains that the Hairy Beast was the first genetically modified humans.

Could Bigfoot and The Terra Paper's Hairy Beast be one in the same?
I don't know, but I have always believed that Bigfoot does exist. After all, the smartest creature in the world knows how to hide from Man.

Hi Afterthought
Thanks for taking a interest in the thread i appreciate it..Nope its not about the The Terra Papers but i do like the idea it was written by a native american it and puts it into a more earthly perspective..
William Bramley also put out a good book on this subject called Gods of Eden..
Could Bigfoot and The Terra Paper's Hairy Beast be one in the same? I have no idea ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You can U2U me as well for any BF, Yeti, Sasquatch, Orang Pendek, related threads.

There's some rather interesting footage and claims regarding the big hairy guy/gal.
As you probably already know from your video, there's the Facebook page for Bigfoot where the poster is this FaceBook Find Bigfoot guy.

He's got a large series of videos describing morphology, and illustrating the differences in types of intelligence between our species and Bigfoot where BF supposedly has something similar to 'flash' memory.

The following is a fascinating video demonstrating chimp cognition and some of the aspects that are more superior to our own. It starts out slow, but it picks up after a few minutes and is jaw dropping in some respects.

I hope you enjoy.
Consider if there IS a Bigfoot, with a bigger brain case but similar cognition as demonstrated with chimpanzees, it's no wonder they're so elusive and good at continuing to be so.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

You can U2U me as well for any BF, Yeti, Sasquatch, Orang Pendek, related threads.

There's some rather interesting footage and claims regarding the big hairy guy/gal.
As you probably already know from your video, there's the Facebook page for Bigfoot where the poster is this FaceBook Find Bigfoot guy.

He's got a large series of videos describing morphology, and illustrating the differences in types of intelligence between our species and Bigfoot where BF supposedly has something similar to 'flash' memory.

The following is a fascinating video demonstrating chimp cognition and some of the aspects that are more superior to our own. It starts out slow, but it picks up after a few minutes and is jaw dropping in some respects.

I hope you enjoy.
Consider if there IS a Bigfoot, with a bigger brain case but similar cognition as demonstrated with chimpanzees, it's no wonder they're so elusive and good at continuing to be so.

Hi Druscilla
I watched the whole video all i can say is wow there cognition skills were amazing i could not have done that well and they remembered so fast sure makes ya wonder don't it?
I agree if BigFoots cognition skills are as good as the chimps in the video they would be good at being elusive i think we have allot to learn about these creatures..
I will be sure to U2U you if i make anymore of these threads or if i see another member post one..
Thanks again for the great video it was fascinating..peace,sugarcookie1

edit on 1-5-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It's really amazing how a species we consider to be 'lesser' can outdo us in some areas of the cognitive arena we humans like to claim undisputed championship of.

I'd certainly be interested to see as well similar studies done with porpoise, and octopus in consideration that they are suppose to also have a certain degree of recognizable cognitive functioning.

I've added you on my friend list if that's okay, so as to possibly catch similar posts to this in case for some other reason I miss out through the usual means.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It's really amazing how a species we consider to be 'lesser' can outdo us in some areas of the cognitive arena we humans like to claim undisputed championship of.

I'd certainly be interested to see as well similar studies done with porpoise, and octopus in consideration that they are suppose to also have a certain degree of recognizable cognitive functioning.

I've added you on my friend list if that's okay, so as to possibly catch similar posts to this in case for some other reason I miss out through the usual means.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Druscilla
It would be an honor to be on your friends list thank you ..I miss out on allot of threads because im lazy and i dint refresh the page to see what new has been posted..
I know what you mean about the porpoise they are very intelligent and the octopus is no dummy either..
When i was a kid i got to swim with the dolphins i will always remember that and i was only about 7 years old the whole hour i was with them they talked to me and played it was quite the experience..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Considering that The Terra Papers are believed to be communicated to us from American Indians, maybe this and the Bigfoot beings aren't that different after all.

This is really far fetched, but humor me for a moment.
What if the bioengineered creatures that The Terra Papers mentions escaped one day while the rest were being destroyed. You would think that the escapees would eventually find each other and start breeding. Because they were originally bio-engineered, they are already well-equipped to survive the wilderness and haven't had a reason to evolve past their original design.

In The Terra Papers, it states that the scientist's brother tainted (introduced them to sex) the Hairy Beasts because he was jealous of his brother. As the story goes, the Hairy Beasts didn't want to work anymore (go figure) and the scientist had to start over again. I can't remember if the tainted Beasts were destroyed or not, but I'm pretty sure they were.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Considering that The Terra Papers are believed to be communicated to us from American Indians, maybe this and the Bigfoot beings aren't that different after all.

This is really far fetched, but humor me for a moment.
What if the bioengineered creatures that The Terra Papers mentions escaped one day while the rest were being destroyed. You would think that the escapees would eventually find each other and start breeding. Because they were originally bio-engineered, they are already well-equipped to survive the wilderness and haven't had a reason to evolve past their original design.
In The Terra Papers, it states that the scientist's brother tainted (introduced them to sex) the Hairy Beasts because he was jealous of his brother. As the story goes, the Hairy Beasts didn't want to work anymore (go figure) and the scientist had to start over again. I can't remember if the tainted Beasts were destroyed or not, but I'm pretty sure they were.

Thats some out of the box thinking on your part but i like it

I don't think what your saying is to far fetched at all maybe they did escape and find each other but i think allot of people would consider that possibility outrageous..
But you gave me something new to think about and maybe that is why they have managed to stay alive and so elusive..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am for the most part a skeptic, and it's my humble opinion that most cryptids are just legends passed along. Fairy tales, if you will.

Bigfoot, however, is one exception to the rule. Too many highly credible people have seen them, and some were up close and personal. With the technology available now, and the amount of bigfoot hunters out there, there should be plenty of photos. Even the rarest critters on the planet get caught on hidden trail cameras (The bay cat of Borneo and the strange looking Myanmar snub-nosed monkey are good examples)

As 'out there' as it sounds, I'm starting to entertain some of the Native American explanations that bigfoot is a magical creature that comes and goes from another dimension or something..
I saw a documentary about some bigfoot researchers in Washington state that found fresh bigfoot tracks in snow, and even heard it calling. They had a team of guys surrounding the area, cameras everywhere panning the area, and some of the best tracking dogs in the world. The bigfoot disappeared.
One of their crew was a die-hard skeptic till he heard it's calls. He said there was no doubt whatsoever it was the call of a great ape.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
I am for the most part a skeptic, and it's my humble opinion that most cryptids are just legends passed along. Fairy tales, if you will.

Bigfoot, however, is one exception to the rule. Too many highly credible people have seen them, and some were up close and personal. With the technology available now, and the amount of bigfoot hunters out there, there should be plenty of photos. Even the rarest critters on the planet get caught on hidden trail cameras (The bay cat of Borneo and the strange looking Myanmar snub-nosed monkey are good examples)

As 'out there' as it sounds, I'm starting to entertain some of the Native American explanations that bigfoot is a magical creature that comes and goes from another dimension or something..
I saw a documentary about some bigfoot researchers in Washington state that found fresh bigfoot tracks in snow, and even heard it calling. They had a team of guys surrounding the area, cameras everywhere panning the area, and some of the best tracking dogs in the world. The bigfoot disappeared.
One of their crew was a die-hard skeptic till he heard it's calls. He said there was no doubt whatsoever it was the call of a great ape.

As far as I know, the giant panda & the mountain gorilla were both thought to be fairy tales & legends?

I can not believe no-one noticed that the den/nest was tied together with red string twine!?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Just want to let you know that the Patty film, has never been debunked and most likely never will be.

Nice to talk to you again friend
but come on Randy, that's a bit misleading, don't you think? That requires belief that it is a film of bigfoot as the default position. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't need debunking, it needs authenticating.

The best that could be said about it is that it is a very poor quality film of a very contradictory creature that is claimed to be bigfoot, for which nothing has ever turned up which might point to it as being authentic.

It would be more appropriate to say that nothing has ever debunked it in the eyes of believers and nothing probably ever will.

The few scientific appraisals I have seen cast more than a little doubt, though it's not like scientists sit around looking at it. The relevant branches of science are considered "physical" science for a reason.

Using unrealistic belief as the default position, you could also say the Cottingley fairies have never been suitably debunked, so fairies are real. They actually have far better pics than the pg film, verified by experts of the day. If Gigantopithecus is bigfoot (
) as certain "scientists" (ie. bigfoot hobbyists with letters after their names) have claimed (notably Krantz), no doubt the "hobbit" of Flores didn't become extinct due to volcanic eruption either, but lives on in England today as fairies. This has as much genuine scientific basis.

A similar case could be made for Nessie, or just about anything else that is only claimed to exist. Even then, IMO the pg film is saved from being genuinely savaged due to being of such poor quality that it prevents any in depth analysis.

In fact the Patty film just becomes more convincing as technology exposes more of her.

No, only to believers. The longer this very dubious film goes without anything turning up to authenticate it, the less likely it is to be genuine (which doesn't have very high odds to begin with).

Did you notice the breasts when she turns to look at the camera ?

Yes, I noticed the (female) breasts, also the (male) sagital crest. Moobs?

Bigfoot may be real, but the sort of nonsense bandied about (even by "scientists") as if it were some sort of "proof" doesn't seem to help the cause.

As a previous poster mentioned about the Orang Pendek, it really does have a lot going for it. A region with a rich fossil record (such as Homo Erectus and the Hobbit). Extant creatures such as the Orangutan and Gibbons in the area. Realistic descriptions, truly remote area etc. Worth studying up on for those with an interest in this phenomena. The most likely "hairy man" cryptid to physically exist IMO.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Great thread sugarcookie1, fascinating subject.

Not very impressed with the video for many reasons (what can I say, I am a bit of a skeptic
), but the subject itself is a worthy one IMO. Nice to see acknowledgement of this as being a worldwide phenomena (quite an old one too), it seems to get a bit US/bigfoot centric at times. Understandable I suppose, due to numbers of US members.

I doubt remnant Neanderthal populations could account for this phenomena (due to the range they were thought to have lived in and the fact they were unlikely to fit the descriptions). This doesn't necessarily rule out other archaic hominids though like Denisovans, various versions of Homo Erectus etc. or perhaps even some we have no knowledge of. Perhaps they spread out further than previously thought? Or perhaps there is an entirely different cause altogether. Who knows?

I agree that something is responsible for the sightings (the ones that aren't hoaxed or mistaken). What that might be is the fascinating part. So far it appears unlikely to be a biologically real creature, which IMO leaves.........who knows?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I actually saw this video before recently on a TV show. They re-created the guy walking down the mountain (it was actually the same mountain) and it looked almost the same. Especially when they put a backpack on him. But that dont mean there is no such thing as Bigfoot I believe its possible. It's just in this particular case I think its misidentifcation. (yeah I can't spell LOL)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

ColeYounger
I have to tend to agree with you, there is to many credible people that have had encounters with this creature not all can be making this up or nuts..
I want to believe BigFoot is alive and living some were in the deep dark forest but I'm to the point i need proof a good picture or something substantial..
I don't think your idea about BigFoot being from another dimension is out there..They have found tracks that have seemed to disappear in mid step.
There may be a link between the creature and UFOs.. Native people say that they were brought here millions of years ago by their friends, the star people.
So anything is possible in my mind
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Great thread sugarcookie1, fascinating subject.

Not very impressed with the video for many reasons (what can I say, I am a bit of a skeptic
), but the subject itself is a worthy one IMO. Nice to see acknowledgement of this as being a worldwide phenomena (quite an old one too), it seems to get a bit US/bigfoot centric at times. Understandable I suppose, due to numbers of US members.

I doubt remnant Neanderthal populations could account for this phenomena (due to the range they were thought to have lived in and the fact they were unlikely to fit the descriptions). This doesn't necessarily rule out other archaic hominids though like Denisovans, various versions of Homo Erectus etc. Perhaps they spread out further than previously thought? Or perhaps there is an entirely different cause altogether. Who knows?

I agree there is something responsible for all (or at least, many) of the sightings. What that might be is the fascinating part. So far it appears unlikely to be a biologically real creature, which IMO leaves.........who knows?

Cogito, Ergo Sum
There is nothing wrong with being a skeptic i know i can be also on allot of different subjects..
I agree there is something going on with BigFoot for so many people to have a real interest in the creature but I'm like you who knows?
I think one day they will find something credible on the subject i hope before i leave this earth
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jenlovesturtles
I actually saw this video before recently on a TV show. They re-created the guy walking down the mountain (it was actually the same mountain) and it looked almost the same. Especially when they put a backpack on him. But that dont mean there is no such thing as Bigfoot I believe its possible. It's just in this particular case I think its misidentifcation. (yeah I can't spell LOL)

hi jenlovesturtles
Thats good to know they had the video on TV i didn't know that..It doesn't surprise me if it was just a man with a backpack it could very well been a misidentification i guess we will really never know after all it was just a re-created idea ,,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I am a bit skeptical at times also.

I think the US is actually one of the less likely areas for a creature like this to physically exist (especially avoiding mainstream detection). When you consider there have been claimed sightings from Hawaii also.........

Though I also don't see how all of the reports, not only from the US but worldwide, could be mistaken or made up. Which leaves.........? I can understand how people look to paranormal explanations (though I don't really believe them either), the physical biological ones certainly don't seem to cover it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

The best that could be said about it is that it is a very poor quality film of a very contradictory creature that is claimed to be bigfoot, for which nothing has ever turned up which might point to it as being authentic

Damn, look at the big brain on Cog !
Alright, I'll agree with what you're saying, noting that you went to a different cognitive depth to make your point. Saying something isn't debunked doesn't mean it is proof of anything.

But your observation implys that no film footage will ever be evidence of anything and I do agree with that. Because the technology of today has brought us to that point. Anything can be C-Ged so that includes any pics
or videos submitted as evidence into an already kangaroo infected court / leagle system.

I agree.

I think the US is actually one of the less likely areas for a creature like this to physically exist (especially avoiding mainstream detection). When you consider there have been claimed sightings from Hawaii also.........

This is why I catagorize Bigfoot as part of the paranormal as the native american indians suggest Bigfoot possess " magic ". What people are seeing is some type of spirit. Thus there will never be any concrete evidence
The same as ghosts, UFOs, Nessie, demons. All of these things can be seen to possess a michievious mind flock persona that resides over all. At least in my view. And there does seem to be an agenda IMO.

But I won't go into that here lest we stray;.

I recommend the book " The hunt for Skinwalker " by Geoge Knapp and another I fail to recollect at this time having loaned the book to Mom in law.

Shapeshifters.
edit on 2-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Fair enough Randy. Perhaps I came on a bit strong with a rebuttal of the pg film?
I guess I don't have a lot of faith in much of the research in this area, not only in the US either.

You're right, film and pics will only ever point to the possibility of something like this existing. Whether bigfoot exists or not, the fact is that the pg film is still a claim (not a very convincing one IMO), little better than an anecdote. From the most basic observations (the only type that can be made, due to poor quality) it looks contradictory enough to have been put together by Dr. Frankenstein, rather than Mother Nature. Other secondary "proofs" such as footprints are really only direct proof something made an impression on the ground. A bigfoot (or part thereof) is what will really be needed in the end.

There is no rule that says research needs to be conducted scientifically. It's a shame that some researchers pretend to do this to promote their beliefs though (even some scientists themselves) and have turned this subject into a genuine pseudo science and a bit of a circus. Not only in the US. Hoaxes have further damaged subject credibility.

That's a shame for those researchers who do wish to get sympathy from the scientific community, or even the public in general. I get an image of people traipsing the forest, unknowingly calling and wood knocking other researchers
, quite content that anything that is remotely unusual can be attributed to bigfoot. Or leaving food in the bush and being amazed to find that some as yet undiscovered beasty actually came and took it, who'd of thought? That sounds very "Squatchy".

Though science can't explain everything (and certainly doesn't claim to). I have a feeling that present (scientific) knowledge doesn't seem to allow for an understanding of this subject and agree that there will probably be no genuine physical proof of these things (with certain possible exceptions ie. Orang pendek).

The indigenous people in this area have some wonderful explanations too. As usual, in the form of colourful dreamtime stories. Basically they seem to refer to them as a type of nature spirit.

Whether they exist physically, paranormally, or even as figments of the imagination they have had effect on many people and are worth studying. Like many others, I know at least one of them does exist, in which of these ways it might exist, I don't know.
Perhaps I never will...

edit on 3-5-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Another interesting Squatch vid.
Fake or real, who knows? If fake,
no one will admit to it. If real then take
it for what it's worth. Either way it's still
a fascintaing subject. A passing thought
however, could this have been orchestrated
for the entertainment of this church group?

Just wondering.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join