Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Hairy Beast

page: 1
16
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Around the world, there have been reports of large, hairy, human-like creatures. Known variously as Bigfoot, Sasquatch, the Abominable Snowman and the Siberian Snowman, none of the elusive animals have ever been captured to confirm their existence.

Some of the Neanderthals, however,( may ) have survived to this day in some mountainous wooded habitats that are more or less off limits to their arch foes. No clothing on them, no tools in hands and no fire..

I've heard convincing arguments on both side of this issue, and I'm not sure either way..We are hearing more as each year passes that new animal species are being found so if they could stay hidden why not the this creature.

Maybe there is something to all the legends and sightings...Some places are so huge and unpopulated that anything is possible.But so far we havent come up withany DNA,So maybe this creature is just a myth a Urban ledgend..

The early aboriginals were aware for thousands of years of the creature’s habit of tree knocking for communication they called them Tree-Hitter..

Haida Nation, best known for being the creator of the “totem” and for their beautiful artwork called them Koosh Taa Taa or Land-Otter Man ..

The “Owl Woman” was the name given for a female Sasquatch by the Salish Syilx tribe of the Okanagan..

The Iranian's called them “Daove” who was supposed to be an ancient, evil god.The list goes on and on..Every year thousands of reports are made documenting experiences between people and large, hairy bipedal humanoids. These sightings occur all over the world.

My problem is every year, believers and enthusiasts provide heaps of secondary proof that Bigfoot exists: low-quality video, out-of-focus snapshots and the occasional fossilized “footprint.”

Im to the point on the subject of BigFoot that im going to accept nothing less than concrete physical proof

Below is a video that i always found interisting:: In July of 2000, a collection of fifteen hikers, many of them children with disabilities, went for a trip in the Marble Mountains near Fort Jones, California. The hikers carried a video camera on the journey. After finding some bizarre structures in the forest, including a den that was constructed out of large branches and twigs, the group turned the camera on. Minutes into the search, one of the teenage boys located a Bigfoot high on the ridge, over 750 yards from the hikers.

The Bigfoot is filmed for 3 minutes and 44 seconds as it walks down the mountain ridge. In order to get a clear view of the Sasquatch, the video has to be stabilized and enlarged, which is provided in the clip..

After tree measurements were taken, the Bigfoot has been placed at over 8 feet (2.4m) tall. As the creature moves, an inline step is clearly visible. The humanoid can be seen making large movements very easily.

some important measurements can be taken, which give the Bigfoot a 60% arm length. The creature displays actions of disappointment, despair and frustration. After studying the tape, a coned head can be seen. Similar to other Sasquatch videos, a clear rise and fall walking motion is evident. The video is shot at a distance, but technology has allowed us to identify many non-human characteristics in the Marble Mountain Bigfoot.

This video is probley just another hoax like so many..But i do find it very interisting becuse it is fairly clear but to me the gait seems to be human..But the arms do seem to be long..check it out..peace,sugarcookie1






posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I believe they have gotten some hair samples and DNA tested them. As far as I heard, I cannot remember from where though, they tested the hair samples, and came up with DNA that was primate in origin, but did not match any known creature in the data base.
Also, Flagged it. Don't understand why people ignore good threads.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
I believe they have gotten some hair samples and DNA tested them. As far as I heard, I cannot remember from where though, they tested the hair samples, and came up with DNA that was primate in origin, but did not match any known creature in the data base.
Also, Flagged it. Don't understand why people ignore good threads.


Dextraphite
Thank you for posting..Many of my threads are ignored I'm use to it
and thanks for the bump..Come to think of it i did hear some were that they got a sample of some hair for DNA but it didn't prove much either way..
I want so bad to believe this creature is around but so far there just isn't enough evidence..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Hi Sugarcookie
I have always been interested in the existence of bigfoot since I was a kid...when I was in boy scouts way back when,we were camping just outside of Kelowna(okanagon valley).We went on hike through the hills and came across a weird looking nest or bedding of some sort and wow did it stink like wet rotten dog
...we ran away cause we thought there was skunks in the area.Later on,our leader moved our camp for no apparent reason

Years later I found out that these creatures do give off a foul odor which made me think
maybe we were close to one.....anyways good thread,brought back memories.Maybe I'll have a wicked dream tonight
...s+f...peace



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I've been fascinated with the possibility of Bigfoot existence for a long time. I wonder why there has never been a serious scientific expedition to try to verify them.

The video is interesting. I couldn't help but wonder, though, why they didn't leave. They found what appeared to be a den and the creature was on the hill above them. Did they not make the connection that maybe this is the creature wanting to return home? If they had left and made made notes of how to get back there, someone might have been able to document the creature more thoroughly.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


What's up sugar ?

For me, as believer in the hairy wanderer. I find the collective reaction of these fifteen hikers, just a bit to casual and conformed for this not to be a hoax. This could be as real as celluloid and I wouldn't believe it because there is absolutely no excitement. They either think Harry and Hendersons is a true life story. Or they lack any idea of
the concepts of normal human reaction to something you don't see everyday, or in this case, never see.

They decided to hoax a vid but have never attended the first hour of any drama class.

Patterson - Gimlin to this day rein supreme.

SnF for a great read and info that I havn't heard before.
edit on 1-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Hi Sugarcookie
I have always been interested in the existence of bigfoot since I was a kid...when I was in boy scouts way back when,we were camping just outside of Kelowna(okanagon valley).We went on hike through the hills and came across a weird looking nest or bedding of some sort and wow did it stink like wet rotten dog
...we ran away cause we thought there was skunks in the area.Later on,our leader moved our camp for no apparent reason

Years later I found out that these creatures do give off a foul odor which made me think
maybe we were close to one.....anyways good thread,brought back memories.Maybe I'll have a wicked dream tonight
...s+f...peace


Hi SarnholeOntarable
Your post made me smile thanks! I don't know how i would react if found something like that and it smelled i probably would have ran also..

Maybe your camp leader had a good idea what was going on and moved you..

Hey maybe you were close to a BigFoot den..Makes ya wonder..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


What's up sugar ?

For me, as believer in the hairy wanderer. I find the collective reaction of these fifteen hikers, just a bit to casual and conformed for this not to be a hoax. This could be as real as celluloid and I wouldn't believe it because there is absolutely no excitement. They either think Harry and Hendersons is a true life story. Or they lack any idea of
the concepts of normal human reaction to something you don't see everyday, or in this case, never see.

They decided to hoax a vid but have never attended the first hour of any drama class.

Patterson - Gimlin to this day rein supreme.

SnF for a great read and info that I havn't heard before.
edit on 1-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)


randyvs
Thanks for posting i fell asleep thinking no one was going to post to my thread

I had my doubts about the video also ..But i thought the Patterson video was deemed a hoax also ..But i always liked that video i thought it was one of the better ones.
The one i posted the BigFoot just looks to human in the way it walks and reacts but most are like that ..I just wish for a clear picture non fuzzy with at least 2 mins of the creature..time will tell i guess..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I've been fascinated with the possibility of Bigfoot existence for a long time. I wonder why there has never been a serious scientific expedition to try to verify them.

The video is interesting. I couldn't help but wonder, though, why they didn't leave. They found what appeared to be a den and the creature was on the hill above them. Did they not make the connection that maybe this is the creature wanting to return home? If they had left and made made notes of how to get back there, someone might have been able to document the creature more thoroughly.


I think there was on TV maybe Nat geo put out a show where they were hunting for Bigfoot it was a scientific expedition..

I agree i thought the same thing that the creature wanted to come home and they were in his space so he was getting frustrated wanting them to leave..

I agree i would have taken notes and went back with a full scientific team to check it all out..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No BigFoot fans out there? come on in and lets talk
sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
For an animal that is supposed to be in it's natural habitat..it sure does stumble around in that vid...



Not Bigfoot more like some lone hiker.

Everything screams human...to me.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Every culture has its weird creatures the lThe Iris "Leapercons" the Mooselims "Geenees" the Fileapeaknows "flying bat Women the new Ginee's the "ropen" The Scotch Nessie.

Go here for "best" bigfoot updates on upcoming DNA release bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

I do know lots of people make money on "the search for unknown animals" and some don't.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


sugarcookie1,

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Orang Pendek, but there's some more 'official' interest on that front compared to efforts being made for Sasquatch.

Orang Pendek research site

I've heard tell that National Geographic has shown some interest in OP.

Orang Pendek, if you're not familiar, would seem to be similar to reports of Sasquatch, being that OP is reported as being a bipedal hominid/or ape.
OP, however, is smaller, more chimp sized.
It's also located in the same relative area as the "Hobbit" hominid remains found and reported widely not too many years ago.
Homo floresiensis 'The Hobbit' hominid
OP could potentially be surviving members of Homo Floresiensis, or, at least that's one speculation and hope in some circles.

It would seem, for whatever reason, Research funding to search out OP is more acceptable in the scientific community than a search for Sasquatch, but, should OP be found, and documented, then OP could very well be a gateway hominid for interest and exploration of other reported hominids.

As of yet, regarding Sasquatch, it's almost like the UFO phenomenon with little other than circumstantial evidence. The Erickson Project is suppose to be coming out with definitive evidence, but, other groups and individuals seem to pop up from time to time with similar claims that never really amount to anything.

We can hope, but, historically, nothing conclusive ever comes.

There are certainly times I personally wish for mega-lottery winnings just to fund interests like this to answer questions about a possible quite very fascinating elusive species.



edit on 1-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
For an animal that is supposed to be in it's natural habitat..it sure does stumble around in that vid...



Not Bigfoot more like some lone hiker.

Everything screams human...to me.


kerazeesicko
I agree he does stumble around alot and his gait to me looked human but i just cant account for the long arms they do look to be hanging to his knees..thanks for posting,peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


sugarcookie1,

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Orang Pendek, but there's some more 'official' interest on that front compared to efforts being made for Sasquatch.

Orang Pendek research site

I've heard tell that National Geographic has shown some interest in OP.

Orang Pendek, if you're not familiar, would seem to be similar to reports of Sasquatch, being that OP is reported as being a bipedal hominid/or ape.
OP, however, is smaller, more chimp sized.
It's also located in the same relative area as the "Hobbit" hominid remains found and reported widely not too many years ago.
Homo floresiensis 'The Hobbit' hominid
OP could potentially be surviving members of Homo Floresiensis, or, at least that's one speculation and hope in some circles.

It would seem, for whatever reason, Research funding to search out OP is more acceptable in the scientific community than a search for Sasquatch, but, should OP be found, and documented, then OP could very well be a gateway hominid for interest and exploration of other reported hominids.

As of yet, regarding Sasquatch, it's almost like the UFO phenomenon with little other than circumstantial evidence. The Erickson Project is suppose to be coming out with definitive evidence, but, other groups and individuals seem to pop up from time to time with similar claims that never really amount to anything.

We can hope, but, historically, nothing conclusive ever comes.

There are certainly times I personally wish for mega-lottery winnings just to fund interests like this to answer questions about a possible quite very fascinating elusive species.



edit on 1-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Druscilla
I have read up some on the Orang Pendek..I remember when they found the Hobbit remains and i can see why its being acceptable to the scienctific world they have found remains but on Sasquatch they have found nothing.
I'm hoping one day to wake up and read they found evidence of this creature and maybe someday this will happen time will tell i suppose..thanks for posting and the links..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Every culture has its weird creatures the lThe Iris "Leapercons" the Mooselims "Geenees" the Fileapeaknows "flying bat Women the new Ginee's the "ropen" The Scotch Nessie.

Go here for "best" bigfoot updates on upcoming DNA release bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

I do know lots of people make money on "the search for unknown animals" and some don't.



RUFFREADY
Thank you for the link i will spend some time today reading it looks interesting..I do know allot of people that search for Sasquatch are spending allot of money out of there own pocket unless there being backed by something like Nat Geo..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
No BigFoot fans out there? come on in and lets talk
sugarcookie1


I've asked before and I'll ask again here....

ATS members you are all supposed to u2u me when you post a BF thread....I hate being late to the party.
Shoot me a text, email, facebook....get ahold of me somehow! Please!

I like this video, seen it before but not as in depth.

Def bipedal and humanoid, and loks to have the height. The lanky look though troubles me. For all we know Larry Bird was out hiking that day as well.

The den is quite cool though, so the two pieces of evidence together make this quite cmpelling.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 





randyvs
Thanks for posting i fell asleep thinking no one was going to post to my thread
I had my doubts about the video also ..But i thought the Patterson video was deemed a hoax also ..But i always liked that video i thought it was one of the better ones.
The one i posted the BigFoot just looks to human in the way it walks and reacts but most are like that ..I just wish for a clear picture non fuzzy with at least 2 mins of the creature..time will tell i guess..peace,sugarcookie1


Psss...

Wake up !

You prolly have a lap-top. I'd have to fall asleep sitting up at my desk. End up drooling all over myself.


Just want to let you know that the Patty film, has never been debunked and most likely never will be. You have to consider the fact that, it was filmed at an innocent time of the least technology. To this date that is the piece of evidence that debunkers can't refute. The history channel puts out a lot of disinfo on the subject and tried to say it was this big redneck dude in a suit. But that was proven to be the hoax. In fact the Patty film just becomes more convincing as technology exposes more of her.

I say Patty and her for a very good reason.



Did you notice the breasts when she turns to look at the camera ?



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Very interesting thread, but you tricked me. From your title, I thought this was about the Hairy Beast mentioned in The Terra Papers, which explains that the Hairy Beast was the first genetically modified humans.

Could Bigfoot and The Terra Paper's Hairy Beast be one in the same?
I don't know, but I have always believed that Bigfoot does exist. After all, the smartest creature in the world knows how to hide from Man.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
No BigFoot fans out there? come on in and lets talk
sugarcookie1


I've asked before and I'll ask again here....

ATS members you are all supposed to u2u me when you post a BF thread....I hate being late to the party.
Shoot me a text, email, facebook....get ahold of me somehow! Please!

I like this video, seen it before but not as in depth.

Def bipedal and humanoid, and loks to have the height. The lanky look though troubles me. For all we know Larry Bird was out hiking that day as well.

The den is quite cool though, so the two pieces of evidence together make this quite cmpelling.


youdidntseeme
Sorry about that i will remember next time to send you a u2u..I wish there were more people into this subject as you can see not many on ATS its to bad..
I liked the video also its one of the more clear ones around but like you said it could be Larry Bird out for a hike who knows

The den i thought was neat also only becuse the small trees were snapped off not chopped down so that showed me whatever did it had some strength behind it..
I thought the video was compelling also..thanks for the post..peace,sugarcookie1






top topics



 
16
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join