It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor thy Soldiers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
thank you, OP.
I will respect our soldiers with all that I have.
my father was in the army, I've had two boyfriends in the army.
I've been raised to respect and honor soldiers.
and I thank them for all that they have given.
all of their time away from loved ones, so that we can be with our own.
they have also given their lives for us.
I will ALWAYS respect our soldiers.
always.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'll say God bless the people that serve because if they didn't volunteer, I might be drafted. I wish their service could be honored by bringing them home to serve in other ways instead of having so many of them having to do 3 and 4 tours in the 21st century's Vietnam.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Um, no thanks or honour to the soldiers of Australia, Britain, New Zealand, France, Germany and every other country?

edit on 29-4-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for your kind remarks....and honest remarks. Not knowing why he was going over to fight is no excuse and you said as much.....

I remember in 2003-4 I rode my motorcycle in now what is known as our yearly 911 ride. I wore my.." 911 was an inside job"... " Support our troops " and..on the back I had/have 911truth.org.... T-shirt.

Well, I wasn't born here in Great Falls Mt...but this is where I'm living currently which has a hugeeee AF base here.

Omg...this guy approached me and was red in the face....spit flying and he was basically angry thinking I didn't support our troops... I didn't!!!!! But .... I was more afraid of getting ripped to shreds by bikers if they even thought for 1 second I didn't support our troops. You would think my fear came from accussing our Government of murder....nope...lol

Since that time...I have noticed way more people waking up....I don't get harassed or dirty looks as much now...and...I get way more people asking questions. I don't lie about supporting our troops anymore...I just don't say a thing. Families have lost to many children here to corruption.

Anyways....I'll say it again....YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT YOUR FIGHTING FOR WHEN GOING TO WAR...knowing what you know...will you sign up and sell your soul for the American Dream? God wanted us to follow basic mans law...not illeagle law!

Again ARmap....Ty for your response. S for you!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I want to honor those that write emotional pleas to garner sympathy so that they may gain stars and flags.

Down with those who drown puppies and toss kittens off of bridges.

Down with those that steal candy from babies.

Hurray for the just believers in Deities that worry about my soul.

Hurray for British Petroleum for trying to provide fuel so that me and my family have a means to go to work.

Hurray for congress for protecting me from pirates on the internet.

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by denya11
This is a great thread for we all need to appreciate the sacrifice the military personal go through to make our lives safer. Are there rogue soldiers? Yes, but most soldiers serve their country to better their lives and to honor their country.

Today, soldiers are not given the appreciation or respect they deserve. Let us not forget the families of our soldiers as well. For they have to go through much pain not knowing when they will see their loved one again.
edit on 28-4-2012 by denya11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2012 by denya11 because: (no reason given)

You said..." Today, soldiers are not given the appreciation or respect they deserve. Let us not forget the families of our soldiers as well. For they have to go through much pain not knowing when they will see their loved one again."

My question....what respect or appreciation does our troops deserve and for what?
You want me to now appreciate and respect our " Hero's & Their Families " because they "DESERVE" it? Grrrrrrrrrrr that subject gets my blood boiling.....

I have heard of plenty of Military families that have received a brand new House once the solider came home. Himself and his young wife were handed a free house because he's such a hero!!! Oooooooo don't get me started!!!! People that were conned old and young alike...are being thrown out of thier houses. I've seen Military Families receive the best of the best of health care for A) fighting in a corrupt war
B) family member has cancer.... I watched a solders baby being saved!

I know a guy that's a vet (Vietnam)....his " fake leg " is so old...it causes him open wounds that's constantly causing him problems....it almost killed him once. His system is having a hard time fighting the infection because of all the antibiotics he takes all the time. It's going to kill him...you know what would save his life!!!!!!!!!!!

The store down the street from me...is asking for donations for " little johnny...3yrs old..." he's dying of cancer and the family has exhausted their health INS. They lost their home and are now renting.

I'm a 47 yr old Mom that had to quit college because I couldn't afford it. I'm trying to find a place to live right now and I'm in a hotel until I can find someone that will not discriminate against me. 12 yrs ago I was in a roll over car accident that almost killed me...I was laid up for over 8 months.

I lost my home. My daughters and I....the home I was trying to buy for us. My credit is now ruined because of my house and medical bills....You can hardly rent anymore with-out perfect credit. I've ran into nothing but elitist attitudes! Those attitudes are the ones that have Military ribbons and breast cancer ribbons all over thier car. Very very compassionate people...if you fit into their mold of what makes a person that is deserving of your help.

I'm a oxygen thief because I can't afford an education...

Screw me right?

edit on 29-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Why the hell are we expected to "honour" someone as soon as they put on a uniform? Honour, just like respect, is something that has to be earned, not freely given for simply doing a job.

Heroes? Again, why? What have they all done that is heroic? How have they protected my freedoms?

It's all just politically motivated social engineering. Put the military on a pedestal and it becomes "unpatriotic" to wave your little flag for them, to honour them each time you see one in uniform, or to show collective grief when they come home in a casket.

Sorry, I have failed the collective brainwashing!

The heroes and those with honour are the ones that speak out about the political madness that creates the wars thay they are expected to go fight and die in, for nothing more than political and corporate gain. They are the ones with a spine and bigger balls than the politicians who create and profit financially from war and mass death. It is, after all, my own government that is curtailing my freedoms and not some bunch of impoverished goat herders half a world away!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
some are brought up to respect them and some are not.
my father was military.
I respect my father more than anyone else.
I was raised to respect those who serve our country.
that is just how it is. others are different, and that is okay.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

That's understandable...
Butt...
I can't see where your Father would be proud of you respecting a murderer....and Respecting any man that fights for Corruption instead of the freedoms of others. Even fighting for the freedoms of the Middle East is wrong....they did not ask for our help! What their doing is occupying another Country. If the MEastern Military came into your Counrty and said you don't have the right to defend yourself against Your enemies...or that you had something you proved over and over again you didn't have, or....because of the way you believe....

You'd be the first to cry the loudest....that's after a marine kicks your door in...murders your husband and imprisons your kids!!!! Put yourself in their shoes, maybe you'll find compassion and truth instead of this lie you call respect.

To RN311.....

So....people signed up 1) for our freedoms....name 1freedom of mine that was threatened?
2) to pay off medical school, college...ect kill a family..innocent people...so you can be a doctor and save lives!!!! So you can go to college and make a LIFE for yourself !

Did you really say that? You should be embarrASSED! And ashamed!

edit on 29-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
They protect our freedoms, they make sure we can be free bla bla bla.

Free from who? What is this empty vauge rhetoric that people keep spouting? It's just the same old tired cliches over and over.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Thank you. It's nice to hear sincere appreciation.

I am no longer in the military and I don't expect or want anything for what I did.

At the same time it breaks my heart to hear Americans ridicule America. As far as I'm concerned it's your right and I would die for that all I ask is for you to think before you speak.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Being british I certainly don't hate the americans or their soldiers but what people need to understand is its not the forces you should hate they are following orders but the goverments and while people come on here with such hatred aimed at these people they are fighting to protect against attacks NO-ONE should have the right to belittle them because in doing so you have and are belittling our dead soldiers and we never asked to go into these wars

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

2) to pay off medical school, college...ect kill a family..innocent people...so you can be a doctor and save lives!!!! So you can go to college and make a LIFE for yourself !

There are many people who join the service in search of a better life. There are alot of people who serve who go through their tours without ever serving in a combat role. There are also many who learn their trade and leave after their contracts and move on to sucessfull civilian lives.

Also not everyone in the military kills people and not everyone in combat kills innocent people. You make it out to be that anyone who serves is a pshycopath who has no morals. There may be a few bad apples just as any other profession but that does not make everyone bad.

Also,not sure how many middle eastern people you have met, but I know many Iraqi people who were very happy that we were there. Now I don't agree with the wars but alot of the Iraqi friends that I made were very appreciative that we came and got rid of sadaam, even if they did not like the fact that we stayed around afterwards.

You should be embarrASSED! And ashamed!

I think that quote should also apply to anyone who just narrow mindedly groups us all together as if we are all the same. But I know this will get me nowhere so I will just agree to disagree with you. I just wish people would stop taking their hatred of the US Gov out on the military. When and if things do fall apart, who do you think will be the ones who run home to protect their families and communities? And they will still do it even after the negativity they have recieved for their service.

I am no longer active nor do I require recognition for anything. But I willl always respect those who have the heart to serve, even if it is under false pretenses, because when a real cause comes along they will be there to right the ship.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Everyone who has participated in this thread should watch this video. Very enlightening. And yes it is a Ron Paul video., because that's who the troops support because they are tired of fighting unconstitutional wars.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I suppose I could get behind the military if we had a good villain. Saddam, Khadaffi, and all those Asian communists did not seem very evil. Hitler, now that was a villain. The problem with my nationalistic and militaristic pride is that I just can't seem to find an evil enough enemy. I can't seem to group entire nations into one "axis of evil" part. I realize now in life that we wage war on the wrong people. I paid taxes, helping to kill a million people in Iraq, please ask nothing more of me. The plan to get cheap oil never really worked anyway. I told ya so.

Tell me. Exactly how much "cheap" oil did we take from Iraq?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by RN311

These are the same troops that are now police officers and TSA punks. The ones that are de-sensitized robots, brought on from killing and seeing their comrades killed.
These are the ones they prefer to hire!
Thats why you have cops tazing old ladies and little kids. Thats why you have punks in the airports feeling up your little children and your grandmothers.
If some of you think for a second that these cops, federal agents and soldiers, wont fire on US citizens when told, then you are delusional.

Sadly you are mistaken. TSA agents? Where do you get your data? Walmart?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join