It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor thy Soldiers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I want to honor those that write emotional pleas to garner sympathy so that they may gain stars and flags.

Down with those who drown puppies and toss kittens off of bridges.

Down with those that steal candy from babies.

Hurray for the just believers in Deities that worry about my soul.

Hurray for British Petroleum for trying to provide fuel so that me and my family have a means to go to work.

Hurray for congress for protecting me from pirates on the internet.

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

Peace

I feel bad for soul-less people like yourself.

Poor, poor, kittens. A kitten's life is all you can come up with? That is pretty empty.

Have you nothing better to do than to waste your time posting such an empty statement that says absolutely nothing and only exemplifies your anger and disappointment with your own very life?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Originally posted by denya11
This is a great thread for we all need to appreciate the sacrifice the military personal go through to make our lives safer. Are there rogue soldiers? Yes, but most soldiers serve their country to better their lives and to honor their country.

Today, soldiers are not given the appreciation or respect they deserve. Let us not forget the families of our soldiers as well. For they have to go through much pain not knowing when they will see their loved one again.
edit on 28-4-2012 by denya11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2012 by denya11 because: (no reason given)

You said..." Today, soldiers are not given the appreciation or respect they deserve. Let us not forget the families of our soldiers as well. For they have to go through much pain not knowing when they will see their loved one again."

My question....what respect or appreciation does our troops deserve and for what?
You want me to now appreciate and respect our " Hero's & Their Families " because they "DESERVE" it? Grrrrrrrrrrr that subject gets my blood boiling.....

I have heard of plenty of Military families that have received a brand new House once the solider came home. Himself and his young wife were handed a free house because he's such a hero!!! Oooooooo don't get me started!!!! People that were conned old and young alike...are being thrown out of thier houses. I've seen Military Families receive the best of the best of health care for A) fighting in a corrupt war
B) family member has cancer.... I watched a solders baby being saved!

I know a guy that's a vet (Vietnam)....his " fake leg " is so old...it causes him open wounds that's constantly causing him problems....it almost killed him once. His system is having a hard time fighting the infection because of all the antibiotics he takes all the time. It's going to kill him...you know what would save his life!!!!!!!!!!!

The store down the street from me...is asking for donations for " little johnny...3yrs old..." he's dying of cancer and the family has exhausted their health INS. They lost their home and are now renting.

I'm a 47 yr old Mom that had to quit college because I couldn't afford it. I'm trying to find a place to live right now and I'm in a hotel until I can find someone that will not discriminate against me. 12 yrs ago I was in a roll over car accident that almost killed me...I was laid up for over 8 months.

I lost my home. My daughters and I....the home I was trying to buy for us. My credit is now ruined because of my house and medical bills....You can hardly rent anymore with-out perfect credit. I've ran into nothing but elitist attitudes! Those attitudes are the ones that have Military ribbons and breast cancer ribbons all over thier car. Very very compassionate people...if you fit into their mold of what makes a person that is deserving of your help.

I'm a oxygen thief because I can't afford an education...

Screw me right?

edit on 29-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

Screw you no. But it is because of the american soldier that you have the right and freedom to be angry and to write what you feel. It is the American soldier who protects the constitution that allows your free speech.

You are better than this. You have been dealt a bad hand. But you, and only you, can turn it around. The fact that you have not given up is a sign that you will survive, via the duress you have already endured. Be strong, don't be bitter, and by all means, don't blame the American Soldier for your woes.

Believe me, under communism, your life would be MUCH worse.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Why the hell are we expected to "honour" someone as soon as they put on a uniform? Honour, just like respect, is something that has to be earned, not freely given for simply doing a job.

Heroes? Again, why? What have they all done that is heroic? How have they protected my freedoms?

It's all just politically motivated social engineering. Put the military on a pedestal and it becomes "unpatriotic" to wave your little flag for them, to honour them each time you see one in uniform, or to show collective grief when they come home in a casket.

Sorry, I have failed the collective brainwashing!

The heroes and those with honour are the ones that speak out about the political madness that creates the wars thay they are expected to go fight and die in, for nothing more than political and corporate gain. They are the ones with a spine and bigger balls than the politicians who create and profit financially from war and mass death. It is, after all, my own government that is curtailing my freedoms and not some bunch of impoverished goat herders half a world away!

So you see it as being just a "job?"

Tell me, are you strong enough to put on a uniform and go perform that same very "job" that you mock?

I doubt it.

Get past your ideologies of Greed and Corporate Gain. That is not what the post was about. Its about the soldier, not the god damned politics behind it.

How have they protected your freedoms? Your naivety is concerning. Why dont you pack a bag and go to Moscow for a month and see what life is like inside Russia.

You will BEG to be back on American Soil.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Thank you for having the intestinal fortitude to post your true feelings on here. I'm sure the haters and bashers will come out in full force. As a Marine and combat vet it's nice to know we are not hated by everyone. It's also sad that we get villified because of the actions of a few bad apples and the politicians who make the decisions. Most join because they want and feel that they are serving their country and their fellow citizens. I know that's why I joined. Turned out things were different but none of us knew it at the time. What will happen one day when people don't want to serve their fellow countrymen? I do all I can for others who have served, especially if they are worse off then myself.

I am about to post my true feelings on here, so please don't thank me for having intestinal fortitude for I am not impressed by flattery. I was not in the Marines but I was in the Regular Army, (I know, I know, Marines are superior, all hail the Marines..) from what I see, "the haters and bashers" of "our saviors" are few and far between and there is PLENTY of soldier kissassery. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of the U.S. Military, but if they see enough, they'll know enough, but they are not allowed to know what Military life is really like for each individual, subconscious programming ABOUNDS amongst Americans from the school child to America's special needs people waiting around for a big wet smooch on the butt, convincing themselves that they are close to being "hated by everyone."
Most don't join because they already feel that they are serving their country and fellow law makers. It's nice to know that you do all you can for others who have served, especially if they are worse off than yourself, but in MY OWN opinion, I'd rather help those who need help, those NOT getting Veterans Benefits.
"What will happen one day when people don't want to serve their fellow countrymen?", Well that will never happen, there is a sufficient amount of propaganda that has already turned people's minds to stone, just don't forget to remind them every so often that you are ex-military, it gives you SO MUCH MORE respect in the eyes of the Soldier Worship Team.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think this forum is for you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by RN311

These are the same troops that are now police officers and TSA punks. The ones that are de-sensitized robots, brought on from killing and seeing their comrades killed.
These are the ones they prefer to hire!
Thats why you have cops tazing old ladies and little kids. Thats why you have punks in the airports feeling up your little children and your grandmothers.
If some of you think for a second that these cops, federal agents and soldiers, wont fire on US citizens when told, then you are delusional.

Sadly you are mistaken. TSA agents? Where do you get your data? Walmart?

Walmart? lol how old are you 15? Also you say that without proof that Im wrong so your comment is worthless.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I never said that the Marines are superior or that the military members are saviors. Those are your words not mine so please don't put words into my mouth as I would not do that to you.

I'd rather help those who need help, those NOT getting Veterans Benefits.

I help all who need help regaurdless if they recieve benifits or not. And just so you know, It is not very easy to live off veterans benifits in todays world so yes even those who have benifits need help.

just don't forget to remind them every so often that you are ex-military, it gives you SO MUCH MORE respect in the eyes of the Soldier Worship Team.

Again your words, not mine or any military member that has participated in this discussion, well except for you because you said you have been in the Army.

I am about to post my true feelings on here, so please don't thank me for having intestinal fortitude for I am not impressed by flattery.

All I meant was it took guts to come out and say what he did here on ATS knowing the opposition he would face. You may say flattery because you see us all as this clique that conspires together to force the belief that we are better than others and that we expect the public to treat us like gods. But just because you believe that does not make it true. So that's all I have to say about that. And thank you for your service as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

I never said that the Marines are superior or that the military members are saviors. Those are your words not mine so please don't put words into my mouth as I would not do that to you.

I help all who need help regaurdless if they recieve benifits or not. And just so you know, It is not very easy to live off veterans benifits in todays world so yes even those who have benifits need help.

just don't forget to remind them every so often that you are ex-military, it gives you SO MUCH MORE respect in the eyes of the Soldier Worship Team.

Again your words, not mine or any military member that has participated in this discussion, well except for you because you said you have been in the Army.

I am about to post my true feelings on here, so please don't thank me for having intestinal fortitude for I am not impressed by flattery.

All I meant was it took guts to come out and say what he did here on ATS knowing the opposition he would face. You may say flattery because you see us all as this clique that conspires together to force the belief that we are better than others and that we expect the public to treat us like gods. But just because you believe that does not make it true. So that's all I have to say about that. And thank you for your service as well.
How astute! Why yes, those were my words, thank you so much for giving me the credit due to me and not praising me in honor and thanksgiving. Eventually the clock strikes twelve for all honorable soldiers and they are turned back into civillians, humans, praised by many, but not so much by the few who truly know who we are, we are not above reproach!
And I should add, I said flattery because that's what it is, flattery for personal gain, maybe you aren't familiar with sarcasm and satire. I do not see "us all" as this clique that conspires together, but there IS a clique that consipires to burn it into our subconscious that being a Soldier is of the highest good. It is not.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Eventually the clock strikes twelve for all honorable soldiers and they are turned back into civillians,

That may be true for you. But for Myself and any other Man or Woman who has worn the uniform of the Corps, well, I'm sure you've heard the saying, 'Once A Marine, Always A Marine. I see nothing wrong with that either, I'm Proud to be a Marine. But that does not mean that I think I am special or better than anyone else. No one is above reproach. I'm just a human as is anyone else who serves.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sorry none granted. They are volunteer killers. If they have stars in their eyes when they sign up those stripped away by boot camp mind control. Then you just have a meat sack that kills other meat sacks. Individual contributions can be honored, but it is case by case.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

reply to post by RN311

These are the same troops that are now police officers and TSA punks. The ones that are de-sensitized robots, brought on from killing and seeing their comrades killed.
These are the ones they prefer to hire!
Thats why you have cops tazing old ladies and little kids. Thats why you have punks in the airports feeling up your little children and your grandmothers.
If some of you think for a second that these cops, federal agents and soldiers, wont fire on US citizens when told, then you are delusional.

Sadly you are mistaken. TSA agents? Where do you get your data? Walmart?

Walmart? lol how old are you 15? Also you say that without proof that Im wrong so your comment is worthless.

15? Hardly. Your comment is absurd, and for me to waste my time refuting your assertion.

And, as for the TSA, you are barking up the wrong tree. Nobody despises them more than me. They are nothing but former welfare recipients who were put to work by the government, nothing more, nothing less -- hardly ex-military.

You are very, very confused.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I for one, would like to thank you for taking the moment to make this thread. It's a challenge at times, but to remove all the politics and personal agendas out of the issues, you sum it up nicely. They are our fellow Americans and doing a job we, as a nation, have asked be done in our name. They aren't the ones to disagree with in even the slightest way or sign about the fact it may not be all or ANY we each want as an individual. They're still Americans, 10,000+ miles from home and sent there by us...we the people. I'm sure the support means a great deal as they sit on a patch of desert in that foreign land.

So indeed.. I'll absolutely take a chance to say a big Thank You to the actual people putting on those Uniforms and trying to do their best in challenging conditions they didn't create over there.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by Wonders

How astute! Why yes, those were my words, thank you so much for giving me the credit due to me and not praising me in honor and thanksgiving. Eventually the clock strikes twelve for all honorable soldiers and they are turned back into civillians, humans, praised by many, but not so much by the few who truly know who we are, we are not above reproach!
And I should add, I said flattery because that's what it is, flattery for personal gain, maybe you aren't familiar with sarcasm and satire. I do not see "us all" as this clique that conspires together, but there IS a clique that consipires to burn it into our subconscious that being a Soldier is of the highest good. It is not.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

The only time the clock strikes twelve for a soldier is upon his/her death. Once a soldier, always a soldier. You don't just quit your job, once you leave active service. You are always bread with the courage it took for you to enlist in the first place.

Its funny how some people think that being a soldier is like working at McDonalds or something.

A soldier can flip burgers, yes...but a burger flipper does not necessarily have the blood to be a soldier.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

And, as for the TSA, you are barking up the wrong tree. Nobody despises them more than me. They are nothing but former welfare recipients who were put to work by the government, nothing more, nothing less -- hardly ex-military

My opinion about the TSA is just an educated guess, I never said that I had data or proof to back it up.
Just like your opinion that they are not former military, is just that, an opinion and you have no data to back it up either.
So, its just as absurd for you to state an opinion as proof that my opinion is wrong. Now, you can either get proof that Im wrong and your right, or we can just agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I for one, would like to thank you for taking the moment to make this thread. It's a challenge at times, but to remove all the politics and personal agendas out of the issues, you sum it up nicely. They are our fellow Americans and doing a job we, as a nation, have asked be done in our name. They aren't the ones to disagree with in even the slightest way or sign about the fact it may not be all or ANY we each want as an individual. They're still Americans, 10,000+ miles from home and sent there by us...we the people. I'm sure the support means a great deal as they sit on a patch of desert in that foreign land.

So indeed.. I'll absolutely take a chance to say a big Thank You to the actual people putting on those Uniforms and trying to do their best in challenging conditions they didn't create over there.

Thank you Bunny. I knew I would be taking flack. But the thread was not about praising the military -- it is about praising those who make up the military -- Those who do the job that not most normal men and women can do.

Yes, their are rogues. There are rogue priests too.

More importantly, there are those who have died, years gone by, wars gone by, by jumping into the line of fire, voluntarily. That takes a certain courage that I wish I had.

Not to mention those who are less fortunate -- to have been wounded -- and to have to live the rest of their lives compromised because they knew the risks, yet took their job anyway, and did what cowards on this thread and elsewhere could only dream of.

I can tell you this -- i am a coward too. There is no way I could put that uniform on and do what these men and women do. Period. I dont have "the right Stuff" although in my younger years I may have. I was on my way to the academy of choice when I left high school. I chose the Naval Academy, and was appointed. I was on my way to Annapolis. But I changed my mind at the last moment, knowing that I didn't have it in me. Yes, I was a scholar. But I was not a soldier.

Thank you for supporting this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
HYPOCRITE. 1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion .
Where is where is the trust,honor and respect for american soldiers when they come home ?
The soldiers that have returned home from the middle east have the highest rate of homelessness and suicide.
When a vet retires or is disabled from fighting and gets any money from the government, by law that money IS NOT
to be awarded to anyone but the vet as long as they live, including a divorced spouse.
But americas courts let it happen every day !
Military training is brainwashing ! Dropping troops into a foreign country with basic survival skills and weapons and then turning them loose and charge them with murder is moronic. Where is the plan ? Who is incharge ?
Where does the ultamate responsabilty really lie ?
Does it matter to Americans that the majority of military contributions for one presidential candidate surpasses
all other candidate combined ?
The American government has screwed every generation of U.S. SOLDIERS SINCE WW I. And the American public has ignored it !

HYPOCRITES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 29-4-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Eventually the clock strikes twelve for all honorable soldiers and they are turned back into civillians,

That may be true for you. But for Myself and any other Man or Woman who has worn the uniform of the Corps, well, I'm sure you've heard the saying, 'Once A Marine, Always A Marine. I see nothing wrong with that either, I'm Proud to be a Marine. But that does not mean that I think I am special or better than anyone else. No one is above reproach. I'm just a human as is anyone else who serves.
I respect that you respect the Marine Ethos, but I have a question. When you say "Once A Marine, Always A Marine." where do you draw the line? When you put on your attire, do you still think of them as "civvies"? Is there such a chasm between Regular Americans and Marines that it's understandable for Americans to degrade Americans for the sake of "Honoring thy Soldiers"? Those pesky "haters and bashers" were they not invited to "flame away" by the OP as mice to mice traps?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by Wonders

I respect that you respect the Marine Ethos, but I have a question. When you say "Once A Marine, Always A Marine." where do you draw the line? When you put on your attire, do you still think of them as "civvies"? Is there such a chasm between Regular Americans and Marines that it's understandable for Americans to degrade Americans for the sake of "Honoring thy Soldiers"? Those pesky "haters and bashers" were they not invited to "flame away" by the OP as mice to mice traps?

Not quite sure what you mean by where do I draw the line, It's just what I am. My clothes are my clothes. I live in the civilian world but my outlook is that of a Marine. I don't see any of my words as degrading to others and if you do then that is your problem and not mine. Sure anyone can comment on this as it is a public forum. I have said my opinions and I will just agree to disagree with you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
All i feel i can add to this thread is this. If you take a walk down any u.k high st, the best kept shop fronts are always betting shops and army recruitment offices... Civilised man indeed.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Tallying up the stars in this thread, it's clear the majority supports reality vs the myth of the troop's "honor". I support the truth, and any soldier that sees it for what it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join