It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor thy Soldiers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

And, as for the TSA, you are barking up the wrong tree. Nobody despises them more than me. They are nothing but former welfare recipients who were put to work by the government, nothing more, nothing less -- hardly ex-military
reply to post by phantomjack

My opinion about the TSA is just an educated guess, I never said that I had data or proof to back it up.
Just like your opinion that they are not former military, is just that, an opinion and you have no data to back it up either.
So, its just as absurd for you to state an opinion as proof that my opinion is wrong. Now, you can either get proof that Im wrong and your right, or we can just agree to disagree.

How about the latter...agree to disagree.

But I still don't like the TSA or what they represent. They are nothing but tools for Janet Neoplotanioaksuduaksi

Or however you spell her communist name.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
HYPOCRITE. 1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion .
Where is where is the trust,honor and respect for american soldiers when they come home ?
The soldiers that have returned home from the middle east have the highest rate of homelessness and suicide.
When a vet retires or is disabled from fighting and gets any money from the government, by law that money IS NOT
to be awarded to anyone but the vet as long as they live, including a divorced spouse.
But americas courts let it happen every day !
Military training is brainwashing ! Dropping troops into a foreign country with basic survival skills and weapons and then turning them loose and charge them with murder is moronic. Where is the plan ? Who is incharge ?
Where does the ultamate responsabilty really lie ?
Does it matter to Americans that the majority of military contributions for one presidential candidate surpasses
all other candidate combined ?
The American government has screwed every generation of U.S. SOLDIERS SINCE WW I. And the American public has ignored it !

HYPOCRITES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 29-4-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOUR MORE!

It is sickening to see how vets are treated. To hear that their healthcare is getting cut, or their retirements are getting reduced is sickening.

Yet, we have congressmen giving themselves raises on a regular basis, the POTUS and his wife taking lavish vacations. I dare a congressman to give up just 10% of his income to donate to a vet family in need.

You won't see it happen.

Yet, we have men and women every day who join the military knowing this in advance.

That is why I want everyone to wake up and honor these people!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Tallying up the stars in this thread, it's clear the majority supports reality vs the myth of the troop's "honor". I support the truth, and any soldier that sees it for what it is.

I am not completely sure what you are saying. Can you elaborate your point a bit more?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Wonders

Eventually the clock strikes twelve for all honorable soldiers and they are turned back into civillians,

That may be true for you. But for Myself and any other Man or Woman who has worn the uniform of the Corps, well, I'm sure you've heard the saying, 'Once A Marine, Always A Marine. I see nothing wrong with that either, I'm Proud to be a Marine. But that does not mean that I think I am special or better than anyone else. No one is above reproach. I'm just a human as is anyone else who serves.
I respect that you respect the Marine Ethos, but I have a question. When you say "Once A Marine, Always A Marine." where do you draw the line? When you put on your attire, do you still think of them as "civvies"? Is there such a chasm between Regular Americans and Marines that it's understandable for Americans to degrade Americans for the sake of "Honoring thy Soldiers"? Those pesky "haters and bashers" were they not invited to "flame away" by the OP as mice to mice traps?

Not quite sure what you mean by where do I draw the line, It's just what I am. My clothes are my clothes. I live in the civilian world but my outlook is that of a Marine. I don't see any of my words as degrading to others and if you do then that is your problem and not mine. Sure anyone can comment on this as it is a public forum. I have said my opinions and I will just agree to disagree with you.
I don't see all of your words as degrading to others, you are quite civil in your speech but you understand that even Hitler seemed civilized to many.
There is a war of words, of ideologies clashing. People own their words just as they do their trigger fingers, this is the reason that freedom of speech will be outlawed. Blood sweat and tears Soldiers will be highly motivated and equipped with all they need paid for by tax paying civillians to carry out orders to execute anyone who believes, or claims to believe, in God. There now, whose problem lies with whom and why?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't honour soldiers anywhere.
This doesn't mean I hate them, I pity them.
They don't have the intestinal fortitude to make the hard choices.

Flame away kill boys.

I don't mind Americans. I particularly like Canadians and Venezuelans, and some of the people that I have met from the U.S.A. have become really good friends, so I'm definitely not an 'American' hater.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

And they are still the good guys... These soldiers are taken away from their families to do a job. These people are told what, why and whom to fight. They wouldn't be doin this for fun. I spent time on a militay base and see what these people and their families go through. We should be thankful for all of those brave and dedicated people for wanting to protect their and our families. I personally try to say "Thank you " to them every chance I get and the smile on their faces paints a picture of a person that is proud of helping to keep America safe. Thank you to you all!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The big problem I have with America is their two-faced game. Claiming to be good yet really being the bad guys.

It's pathetic, petty and cowardly.

That's why I don't respect them. Because two-faced things are lowest of the low and not to be respected.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
The big problem I have with America is their two-faced game. Claiming to be good yet really being the bad guys.

That's why I don't respect them. Because two-faced things are lowest of the low and not to be respected.

But you are mixing the politics behind the soldier.

Yes, the American Government is about as corrupt as you will find. I am becoming embarrassed by the actions of this government.

But the soldier doesn't deserve to be punished because of the greed of Washington. These guys get paid dirt, compared to government politicians and workers. They don't deserve to be rolled into corruption.

These men and women follow orders for little pay. And they give their lives and their families are left destroyed in the process.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Parable Of The Old Man And The Young
by Wilfred Owen - Soldier and poet

So Abram rose, and clave the wood, and went,
And took the fire with him, and a knife.
And as they sojourned both of them together,
Isaac the first-born spake and said, My Father,
Behold the preparations, fire and iron,
But where the lamb for this burnt-offering?
Then Abram bound the youth with belts and straps,
And builded parapets and trenches there,
And stretchèd forth the knife to slay his son.
When lo! an Angel called him out of heaven,
Saying, Lay not thy hand upon the lad,
Neither do anything to him, thy son.
Behold! Caught in a thicket by its horns,
A Ram. Offer the Ram of Pride instead.

But the old man would not so, but slew his son,
And half the seed of Europe, one by one.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Jepic

But you are mixing the politics behind the soldier.

Yes, the American Government is about as corrupt as you will find. I am becoming embarrassed by the actions of this government.

But the soldier doesn't deserve to be punished because of the greed of Washington. These guys get paid dirt, compared to government politicians and workers. They don't deserve to be rolled into corruption.

These men and women follow orders for little pay. And they give their lives and their families are left destroyed in the process.

I agree that not all soldiers deserve to be punished.
Only those soldiers that, as tools of the big men, go forth on life-changing endeavours to themselves and to others in absolute ignorance.

Because they let themselves be deceived at the cost of so much to so many.

The only soldiers that I respect (not honor) are those that commit themselves in support to the politicians' real objectives and know the real truth behind their presence anywhere they might be.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Exactly!!! I agree with you! And it is true unfortunately that there are a few people that go overboard but, the majority of our soldiers are proud and honorable. They are laying down their lives for us. Our soldiers are all over the world to help people that need help and do those countries say " Thank you"! No... they just shout , shoot and burn our flags , when all we are doing is helping to protect them... This in itself is disrespectful and ungrateful. Stand up and be proud!!! Other countries are not out there like we are... They sit back and turn a blind eye to all of these innocent people be killed becuse of their governments... Shame on them... Proud to be an american!

edit on 29-4-2012 by starkite2003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

But the soldier doesn't deserve to be punished because of the greed of Washington.
I agree, but I don't see it as a reason to honour them more than we should honour any honest person doing their job as good as they can.
Aren't those also working for their country, making it rich enough to supply all those soldiers?

It's possible for the people to live without soldiers (although, considering the current world situation, not very likely), but it's impossible for the soldiers to live without the people.

And that's why I think the soldiers should honour the people and think about the people and the country they represent.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Wow, comparing me to Hitler. That's ok because you don't know me or what my experiences in the past have been. I'm sorry you believe that freedom of speech will be outlawed because I for one will fight against that for anyone.

Blood sweat and tears Soldiers will be highly motivated and equipped with all they need paid for by tax paying civillians to carry out orders to execute anyone who believes, or claims to believe, in God.

Not sure what god has to do with this but, what if all those soldiers, when things fall apart turn against the higher authorities when they are ordered to shoot and detain american civilians and instead fight to the dying death to protect them? If we are faced with that situation I will stand up and fight for and protect those who can't or won't because I still have the means to do so. I would even protect you and your family if the need arose. But as I said earlier, I'll just agree to disagree. Have a good day.
edit on 29/4/12 by usmc0311 because: fixed quote

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I recently enlisted in the US Army, and will be shipping to training in less than two months.

That was foolish.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Contract Killer:

A Contract killing is a form of murder, in which one party hires another party to kill a target individual or group of people. It involves an illegal agreement between two parties in which one party agrees to kill the target in exchange for Consideration law consideration, monetary, or otherwise. The hiring party may be a single person, a group of people, a company, or any other kind of organization. The hired party may also be one person, such as a hitman, or a group of people, or an organization.

Sound familiar? At one time, I could have forgiven a person who was suckered into the illusion of protecting our freedom. I can't do that anymore. Anybody currently in the military knows exactly what it is we do and they feel it is worth money to do it.

If you really want to support and honor those who were fooled into believing delusional tall tales of bravado and heroism, then bring them home.

If you think I'm anti-soldier, know this: if we were ever under attack, I'd enlist in a heartbeat. Nobody enlisted today has any thoughts of truly defending our nation; only lining the wallets of war profiteers.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I thought this thread was some kind of sarcastic joke? Then I clicked on it and found out that it was serious. With that, I will say I support the troops and their mission. However, I am in a somewhat awkward position about how their manpower and resources have been used up to this point. One great example would be the ever devolving conflict known as Afghanistan. Does anyone even know what our objectives are anymore? That is for another time. I support our armed forces, because I and all of my siblings and many of my relatives have served in one way, shape, or form. With that out of the way, we all have to realize those soldiers are where ever they are as a result of politicians ordering them there.

I find it odd that politicians get a free pass to initiate disastrous foreign policy decisions, and it seems the armed forces always get the brunt of it? I guess it is because we don't see politicians flying helicopters, jets, firing assault weapons, and commandeering tanks blowing-up buildings and laying waste to the countryside. We see the armed forces partaking in such conduct on the battlefield with coverage on television, the internet, and in print.

We have to realize they are under orders and are sent wherever the civilian leadership decides. They are not in Afghanistan or other countries because they want to be. Furthermore, they have volunteered, and with that; they have put their lives at risk in good faith that a nation's voters and politicians act responsibly in matters of war. I will not fault the armed forces. They are under orders from our politicians, and indirectly by us. We elected the politicians with our vote. That is how I see it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Tallying up the stars in this thread, it's clear the majority supports reality vs the myth of the troop's "honor". I support the truth, and any soldier that sees it for what it is.

I am not completely sure what you are saying. Can you elaborate your point a bit more?

Read ArMaP's post, it sums it up better than I can.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
something I liked

"IT'S THE SOLDIER"

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.

It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag

gwbc.info...

edit on 29-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by starkite2003
reply to post by earthdude

And they are still the good guys... These soldiers are taken away from their families to do a job. These people are told what, why and whom to fight. They wouldn't be doin this for fun. I spent time on a militay base and see what these people and their families go through. We should be thankful for all of those brave and dedicated people for wanting to protect their and our families. I personally try to say "Thank you " to them every chance I get and the smile on their faces paints a picture of a person that is proud of helping to keep America safe. Thank you to you all!!!

I do try and thank soldiers when I see them, but I just can't do it. I know they have the best intentions, but it is like they are building me a bridge to nowhere. Thanks guys, but you seem to be involved in some sort of terrorist factory instead of protecting me.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
something I liked

"IT'S THE SOLDIER"

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.

It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag

gwbc.info...

edit on 29-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Apply that to today and that makes no sense, except in opposite world.
Bring the soldiers home and we'll still kick Al CIAda's ass on our own turf.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join