It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor thy Soldiers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
The Parable Of The Old Man And The Young
by Wilfred Owen - Soldier and poet

So Abram rose, and clave the wood, and went,
And took the fire with him, and a knife.
And as they sojourned both of them together,
Isaac the first-born spake and said, My Father,
Behold the preparations, fire and iron,
But where the lamb for this burnt-offering?
Then Abram bound the youth with belts and straps,
And builded parapets and trenches there,
And stretchèd forth the knife to slay his son.
When lo! an Angel called him out of heaven,
Saying, Lay not thy hand upon the lad,
Neither do anything to him, thy son.
Behold! Caught in a thicket by its horns,
A Ram. Offer the Ram of Pride instead.

But the old man would not so, but slew his son,
And half the seed of Europe, one by one.

Interesting. I have never seen that particular twist on the parable.
Thanks for posting it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
- Albert Einstein

Now check how the leadership thinks of you and their plans:

All the following by none other than Henry Kissinger:

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

“Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries.”

Plus, this was stated in the year 2000 before 9/11

“I can think of no faster way to unite the American people behind George W. Bush than a terrorist attack on an American target overseas. And I believe George W. Bush will quickly unite the American people through his foreign policy.”

You are being used as a TOOL for their massive bloody PROFIT. The corporatist "leadership" plunge all of us into economic despair then promise you scraps for your "service".

Be it by malice or pure blissful ignorance, you sold out, kid.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
People never cease to amaze me.

You people sit here with your beady little eyes trained on your computer screen as you type away spouting "facts" that your hate addled brains come up with. I'm not saying you should honor me for what i wear or what I've done. I honestly do not care if you honor me or not. But to sit there and spew hate at the military is just pure BS of the first degree.

Juggernog, these military guys become cops and TSA and are the ones causing the problems because they're mindless robots built on hate? Most of those people who do the terrible things you mentioned are NOT prior military. Do you know why they higher these men and women? Because most of them embody the discipline, respect, and responsibility that you hate mongers never see because you are too busy digging for all the negative because you can't continue on in your sad little lives if you don't have dirt to help you sling your hatred at the military.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Men and women who enlist for what they feel are right & nobel reasons have my respect and admiration. Those who enlist for the wrong reasons do not. Only they know who they are.

People who enlist without any understanding of what is happening in our country [or in the countries they are fighting], In other words, those who are ignorant of the facts, but enlist regardless, deserve no respect [from me and in my opinion]. Only they know who they are.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

we will always have wars, unfortunately that is a fact of life.
I do not believe that they are murderers. just as every other country does not believe that their own military personnel are "murderers."

like my father said.

"Those people who criticize have not been terrified for their life, they have not been shot at, they have not seen their best friends die, they have not spent years away from home, they have not seen such brutal hardships, they have not experienced war. War is Hell, Nik."

Like I said, I will always respect our military personnel.
always.
edit on 30-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

I feel bad for soul-less people like yourself.

Poor, poor, kittens. A kitten's life is all you can come up with? That is pretty empty.

Have you nothing better to do than to waste your time posting such an empty statement that says absolutely nothing and only exemplifies your anger and disappointment with your own very life?

I forgot to add ..

Let us honor the TSA workers for protecting us against tyranny.

Let's honor the CIA for violating our privacy so that we may be safe.

Let us honor George Bush and our politicians for bringing us the PATRIOT ACT.

Let us honor Barack Obama for his continued support and expansion of the previous regime.

Let us honor colonialism and the slaughter of innocent children.

Let us honor overthrowing elected leaders and replacing them with dictators.

Let us honor You...for being the perfect pawn.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Im not tryin to be a dick about this but, they are not fightin for MY freedom, therefor i dont give a sh*t. I hope anyone i know that is over seas makes it home safe, but this "war" isnt too impressive...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Thank me for my service?

No!

Thank YOU!!

I get to go on kick-ass world trips on your taxes!

I fricken LOVE being a keen, green, fighting machine!

Swift, silent and deadly..

I get to wear cool clothes and blow crap up..

Seriously I love it!

Im not even joking..
edit on 30-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Thank me for my service?

No!

Thank YOU!!

I get to go on kick-ass world trips on your taxes!

I fricken LOVE being a keen, green, fighting machine!

Swift, silent and deadly..

I get to wear cool clothes and blow crap up..

Seriously I love it!

Im not even joking..
edit on 30-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

Now here is an office worker who loves his job!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
The big problem I have with America is their two-faced game. Claiming to be good yet really being the bad guys.

It's pathetic, petty and cowardly.

That's why I don't respect them. Because two-faced things are lowest of the low and not to be respected.

Very true, I'm personally glad that others can see this as well.
For Americans, like alcoholics, the first step is to admit that we are have given our power over to dependence on the government for freedom:

There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
Ron Paul

It is said that many American's identify themselves as Christians, when half-truths are taught as truths a little leaven leaven's the whole lump, and that is what I believe has happened with the majority of these churches.
Judgement begins at the house of God, according to the bible, God does not want people, especially his followers, to be double-minded and unstable in all of our ways, to be either hot or cold and not lukewarm.
I have personally seen pastors give the soldiers credit for their freedom, even to the point of degrading people who are already dead.
The soldiers are right, freedom is not free, but freedom starts at the individual level, it can not be given to those who prefer slavery to death.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To subtract. The solution is not to hate America, the soldiers, or anyone else, it is to arm oneself with the truth, no matter how inconvienient it may be.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Wonders

I never said that the Marines are superior or that the military members are saviors. Those are your words not mine so please don't put words into my mouth as I would not do that to you.

I'd rather help those who need help, those NOT getting Veterans Benefits.

I help all who need help regaurdless if they recieve benifits or not. And just so you know, It is not very easy to live off veterans benifits in todays world so yes even those who have benifits need help.

just don't forget to remind them every so often that you are ex-military, it gives you SO MUCH MORE respect in the eyes of the Soldier Worship Team.

Again your words, not mine or any military member that has participated in this discussion, well except for you because you said you have been in the Army.

I am about to post my true feelings on here, so please don't thank me for having intestinal fortitude for I am not impressed by flattery.

All I meant was it took guts to come out and say what he did here on ATS knowing the opposition he would face. You may say flattery because you see us all as this clique that conspires together to force the belief that we are better than others and that we expect the public to treat us like gods. But just because you believe that does not make it true. So that's all I have to say about that. And thank you for your service as well.
How astute! Why yes, those were my words, thank you so much for giving me the credit due to me and not praising me in honor and thanksgiving. Eventually the clock strikes twelve for all honorable soldiers and they are turned back into civillians, humans, praised by many, but not so much by the few who truly know who we are, we are not above reproach!
And I should add, I said flattery because that's what it is, flattery for personal gain, maybe you aren't familiar with sarcasm and satire. I do not see "us all" as this clique that conspires together, but there IS a clique that consipires to burn it into our subconscious that being a Soldier is of the highest good. It is not.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

The only time the clock strikes twelve for a soldier is upon his/her death. Once a soldier, always a soldier. You don't just quit your job, once you leave active service. You are always bread with the courage it took for you to enlist in the first place.

Its funny how some people think that being a soldier is like working at McDonalds or something.

A soldier can flip burgers, yes...but a burger flipper does not necessarily have the blood to be a soldier.
Not very funny, I had a friend who worked at the cafeteria, soldiers do not have special blood. My closest friends thought they could woo the girls with their uniforms. If you can't charm them..

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join