It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
Quite possibly could be some saber rattling going on, but it definitely isn't out of the question. Moving to within 3 miles of New York, that's pretty darn close I'd say, whether they could do it or not, I don't know.

Dailycaller.com

The Islamic Republic of Iran said Tuesday that it has the ability to position a naval vessel within three miles of the East Coast of the United States.

“The power of our naval forces is such that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,” Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said Tuesday during a speech to the students of the University of Yazd in Iran. His remarks were quoted by an Iranian student news agency.

I find it hard to believe this was said, but if it was, let him try. #, NY doesn't even need the US military to defend it from one lone iranian ship.

A few guys from brooklyn is all it would take to # their # up.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

Your Navy is so capable that it couldn't shoot down planes on approach to NYC that hit the World Trade Center?

The most capable Navy in the world? If that's "the most capable", I'd hate to see "the most inept".

If Iran was to park a ship 3 miles off the coast of NYC, it's likely the COAST GUARD would take them out long before the Navy got the chance.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by 23432

the raided the American embassy and took hostages.

that was an act of war with a non-muslim nation.

they are probably doing something with covert operations against America as well, but there is no way I could confirm this.

No we started it overthrowing their government and installing the Shah. Also it was students that took over the embassy not the government of Iran. So you could hardly call it an act of war.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I love the hyperbole of these guys. Sounds like North Korea:

We make you all die soon!

Hilarious.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganmist
This is down to the iranian goverment feeling threatened because of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya that they feel the need to spout off what they proberly can't achieve. I feel for the civillians that will be caught in the cross fire cause as a whole they are peace loving people with a bunch of pratts running their goverment

Do some checking Iran is surrounded by our bases. They every right to feel threatened even though they have done nothing to us. And why are we doing this? Because of the people that are running this country are actually stupid enough to believe Israels lie's.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

So America can place ships in the water, and "sanctions" on Iran. But Iran may not have a vessel here? Shut up you self important hypocrites. We are all equal and America is not better than anyone else. The things that we are being told about Iran are the same things that they are being told about us. Of course this is a very logical solution for Iran. It trying to tell the US to mind their business because we have no right to police the world

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, there are no gay people in Iran, what other country can say that?

The next line from Iran will contain the phrase "mother of all wars".

Anyone who buys into this nonsense isn't grounded in reality. Iran is less of a threat than Estonia is.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

But you are happy to send your navy into Iranian Territorial Waters?
The Straits of Hormuz are Iranian Territorial waters by the way.

Out to 12 nautical miles from the baseline, the coastal state is free to set laws, regulate use, and use any resource. Vessels were given the right of innocent passage through any territorial waters, with strategic straits allowing the passage of military craft as transit passage, in that naval vessels are allowed to maintain postures that would be illegal in territorial waters. "Innocent passage" is defined by the convention as passing through waters in an expeditious and continuous manner, which is not "prejudicial to the peace, good order or the security" of the coastal state.

Fishing, polluting, weapons practice, and spying are not "innocent", and submarines and other underwater vehicles are required to navigate on the surface and to show their flag. Nations can also temporarily suspend innocent passage in specific areas of their territorial seas, if doing so is essential for the protection of its security

Wiki

-Alien

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
And if you do move to within 3 miles of New York and take aggressive action what do you think will happen to your vehicle/vessel, your crew and your country Admiral?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofLeod

prove it...lets see if Iran fires on an American ship sitting within eye sight off of their shores. i bet those naval sailors are out their bossing people around telling them what they can and can't do...standing on them.

iran should send their fleet of rowboats 3 miles off New York and start directing freight ships to prove they can.

show us a thing or two.

it'll just be an hilarious exercise to observe because its not going to make any difference in the long run as iran is never going to have the war it needs for its messy antic end time scenario to emerge anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

states are bound to protect the embassies of foreign states.

irans government indirectly initiated a war by neglecting its legal responsibilities.

and America didn't overthrow anything, the shah did.

and America isn't doing anything at present, the shahs son is.

all i know for certain is that this pathetic game you are all playing is about to blow up in your face.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i pray every night that i will still b alive when america is dethroned. as all great warring nations for 1000 of years proof. when they think they are invincible they are on the brink of destruction. usually by themselves. america you will still bow to a mighty new power and that will not be too far in the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
American governments get the support of their voters for doing pretty much anything they like militarily speaking. This is mainly because the average American (or westerner) feel so far away from conflicts that they assume they are safe and there will be no come back from invading some country a thousand miles away. The less people feel safe, the less support governments will get for invasions. That's perfect propaganda for a country like Iran. Chances are they could get some unmarked vessel to within 3 miles of one of your major cities carrying god knows what.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Ooooooo. It's the boogy man!!!!!

Sabre rattling. Meaningless drivel.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Honestly they have the same PR team as the North Koreans, Nazi's and the KKK, they couldnt get a ship out of their waters, never mind near any landmass where they could cause bother, you think if they even got a ship within 3 miles of the US that it would be at the bottom of the sea faster than a meteor

Haha

Wee Mad

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I hope they plan on swimming most of the way.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by real1tys8
usually by themselves.

Remember NATO??

america you will still bow to a mighty new power and that will not be too far in the future.

LOL!!! Stop talking!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How close are US warships, armed with nukes, to the coast of Iran right now? Seems what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Being a former member of the intelligence community I can say with utmost confidence that it is a 99.9999999% chance that we know everything there is to know about Iran and all of their secrets, to include the times that the ayatollah takes his dumps.

It seems that people quickly forget that intelligence gathering is one of the aspects of being a military superpower. When it comes to incompetence like Iran, we know what they are going to do before they know what they are going to do.

Oh you mean the same high speed intelligence that led us into the invasion of Iraq. Seems legit. You're right, you definitely know everything there is to know...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

i am 99.999% sure do not know what you talking about. how 99.99% sure of your intelligence were you when Iran high-jacked you stealth drone? lord you people are still trying to find a single weapon of mass destruction in Iran. all you find there that is of mass destruction value is the American depleted uranium ammo lying around that you shoot there. 2 faced motherf's you america is the people using nuclear and chemical weapons in conventional wars. no we can not call that wars as it is illigal invasions of countries, so it is terrorism

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join