It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You may call it arrogance, but whether you like it or not it's the reality we live in. America is a MILITARY superpower and that's all there is to it. All the chest puffing in the world is not going to change that. It is cute though.

Now our economy, that is a completely different story, and a pretty sad one.

edit on 29-4-2012 by Imightknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Watch and learn....and for the sake of your children and your children's children future....change your mind.

Now videos like this make my work load even more heavier as its hard trying to alter people's perception of a target when video's like this actually dismantle months of work.

P.S. On the other hand, not many people take the time to educate themselves so that alone makes life much easier for those who have non public stated agenda's. In any case, post deserves a bump.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

and 3,700 aircraft. Oh, and in most cases the U.S. ships are the most sophisticated in the world of their type.

Most US ships are the amongst the most sophisticated of their type, of course to say their were the most sophisticated in the world would be inaccurate.

It's funny, that 3,700 figure is on Wikipedia also. The source doesn't give an inventory, but, somehow, I doubt the US Navy has 3,000+ helicopters in it's inventory (alongside fighters, trainers, and reconnaissance craft etc).

Perhaps it includes all Harpoons and Tomahawks...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Just to poke around...

If war happen in USA soil, remember what the government do when Katrina, you are on your own.

Anyway, isnt the war supposed to be with Israel ?

What USA have to do with this anyway ? Let the 2 country fight.

Another propaganda to light up the USA vs Iran when the actual country that want war is Israel. Nice ploy

Keep buying it America, you'll have the suffer later.

edit on 29-4-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

OK...REALITY. This is fact not some Nationalistic fantasy. The USN...by itself...is a stronger Military Force than all of the European Countries combined...never mind Iran. It is a Global integrated force with U.S. Carrier protection at a level that even the most sophisticated anti-ship missle systems...including our own...cannot penetrate.

This is a must when you have a Multi-Billion Dollar Carrier plus all support ships within range of other countries force projection. Right now...all Aegis Cruisers are outfitted with New Solid Fueled Super Computer guided ABM's wich can easily take out any missle or satellite of any kind.

These carrier groups will very soon be outfitted with Direct Energy Weapons such as the FEL with the Aegis Cruisers being first to recieve them along with a Nuclear Power source...then all Carriers will have a third Nuclear Reactor installed for the FEL. Once this system is fully installed...U.S. Carrier groups will be impeneratrable to attack.

Iran is not a threat to the U.S. unless it exports Nuclear Tech. to Terrorist Groups. It will NEVER attempt blocking the Strait of Hormuz. The Iranian Regime knows this would be reason enough for a Full Scale U.S. Intervention which Iran has ZERO possibility of winning. Thus all the talk coming out of Iran is for the benifit of Irans allies which are few and weak.

Neither China or Russia will get involved in any U.S. action in the event Iran does something stupid...they have already made a deal with the U.S. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So funny how everyone on here claims 'oh no way they could ever do that.' Guess what, just like the U.S. has super secret stuff, so does pretty much everyone else. Do you really think think we know everything there is to know about Irans technology or lack of it? People jump on the whole U.S. is the best at everything and always will be bandwagon without thinking.

Everything Iran has said about what it 'can' do is instantly labeled sabre rattling. Sad how Iran is surrounded now and is threatened on a daily basis, however if they carried out any type of defensive exercise or military movement we would instantly demonize them more and call them a huge threat.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dasman888

I agree with much of what you have posted....I also am aware of Money Making Wars or Wars just for sake of testing new Military Hardware.

This type of abuse comes with the territory. The U.S. Economy and Military are MASSIVE SYSTEMS. They are similar to something that is ALIVE. They tend to take on a life and destiny of their own.

I am not Military but my Family is...I am "CIVILIAN" in a way the Quotes address. I am also a Patriot. I know from experience that there will be abuses...but there is ALWAYS an overall plan. This is a Big Picture Plan and has a few Nasty side effects. But if I had a choice or I think if anyone had a choice of who they would prefer to be the Sole Super Power...the answer would be the United States.

We may not be perfect...but we are Heads and Tails above the alternatives. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What if they are only playing head games and really mean Fran Sancisco when they say Yew Nork?

Strajedy is my speshulty.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Being a former member of the intelligence community I can say with utmost confidence that it is a 99.9999999% chance that we know everything there is to know about Iran and all of their secrets, to include the times that the ayatollah takes his dumps.

It seems that people quickly forget that intelligence gathering is one of the aspects of being a military superpower. When it comes to incompetence like Iran, we know what they are going to do before they know what they are going to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
If only those countries would just do it.
I just want to see some 'enemy warships' cruising around the coasts of the USA, so all the "We're Numbah One! *pounds chest*" patriots would # their pants

Sadly, Iran only makes a fool out of themself and will get bombed soon by the "world police"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

yeah.....no..

the ends do not justify the means..

you can go to New York city to see the effects of that...

and else where the backlash is astounding..

and Iran has followed the rules..

has Israel? no..

so lets fire up propaganda machine..

and attack their enemies..

and now that im thinking of it..

if JFK had not been killed by the CIA..

the trip had been announced about two weeks before Oswald knew of the job at the Depository, and was hired more than two weeks before the itinerary had been set, and a month before the motorcade's route
had been chosen.

then Kennedy's evil plan of Peace
would have lead us in a completely different direction.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Out of all places why mention New York? Hmmmmmm yeah, I'm really not to sure about that...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I don't know what they're talking about, but all I know is I'm watching this show about drugs and the border, and they can't stop drugs and people from coming into this country, and money and weapons from going out. And it's not just a little. It takes a Lot to cover the habits of the United States. So imagine if someone decided they wanted to do the exact same thing, smuggling things over the border, but with bombs instead of drugs. It says on this show that when dirty border or customs agents are involved, one method the smugglers in some countries will use involves telling the agents certain shipments so they can bust them, and appear to be doing a great job, while they allow another 7-10 shipments go through. What if they lie to the agents and its really weapons going through some of the time? Or bomb making parts? Or plutonium? The agent might think drugs are not as big of a deal, a bunch are gonna get through anyway, so why not make more money and help his family have a better life?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by dasman888

But if I had a choice or I think if anyone had a choice of who they would prefer to be the Sole Super Power...the answer would be the United States.

If I had a choice on who would be sole super power.... I'd choose Switzerland.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Don't let that Swiss neutrality nonsense fool you. The Swiss are for the Swiss....and they are only for the Swiss. Every individual is in the armed forces until the age of 42. Every tunnel into the country pre detonated with dynamite in case of invasion. And then of course there's that cute numbered bank account system they have in place...you know....the one that lets every despot and mafioso on the planet hide their ill gotten gains. The Swiss live in relative comfort at the expense of many peoples' suffering around the globe.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Hey we all have dirty laundry.

It's their non-intervention policy I like. As long as they don't invade my country, how they run theirs it's their business. If a certain superpower followed that logic, the world would be a little less hostile.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
No they can't. The US has 24 of the world's 34 aircraft carriers, Iran has none. Iranian naval power is not capable of power projection across the world, rather it is better suited for the Gulf region and to protect Iran, as it mainly posseses smaller ships, and a massive fleet of speed boats.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
They couldn't get within 3 miles of New York, if they knew they could they wouldn't of talked to the press about it. The US has one of the best coast guards in the world, especially in comparison to where I live (UK).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I just love how iranian apologists are having this mantra :

"US cannot attack Iran because will lose".

While in same time :

"Anyone could have destroyed USA but they didn't want it".

Didn't even thought that maybe, MAYBE, US doesn't attack Iran because don't want to ? Also, because once the attack will start , Iran will be rubbles.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

3 miles from NYC is The statue of Liberty

(sounds to me that Iran is blowing smoke or this guy has no clue where New York City is:lol
Plue NYC has a standing Navy present regardless. West Point is less then 1 hour away as well as Fort Wadsworth thats a check point into the Hudson. So... My response to Iranian Navys Comments

Also I haven't read through the comments so if someone already pointed this out sorry for the repeat

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join