It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

There is one thing that I have taken away with me from my extensive experience....when it comes to the U.S. Military...NOTHING IS A MISTAKE...it is done on purpose and labeled a mistake. Now I am not talking about individual soldiers or other U.S. Military individuals...but when something goes down that seems absolutely rediculous that a Military of the Tech. and Lethality of the U.S. Military has occurs...it is done for a reason.

These reasons could be anything from Disinformation of Capability to Lobbying for New Equipment. When we invaded Iraq...Colin Powell KNEW...the Iraqis did not have Nukes...they had Chemical and Biological which they disposed of or sold...but they had no nukes. Notice how Powell got out ASAP?

The Aussie pictures of a U.S. PROP....on purpose. The shape and design of these things are Super Secret...wrong info can have a Foregn Navy listening to different frequencies.

But Iran getting a ship within three Miles? NO WAY! We have satellites that can detect radioactive decay even through the best lead lined casing. We know where every collection of Uranium and Plutonium is on the Planet.
There will be no war with Iran...it will implode from within. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
They will shoot the head off the statue of liberty. Damn.

There's only one solution: Nuke the damn Iranians back to stone age.

Damn, I agree. If they shoot off the head of Lady Liberty, then they should be nuked all the way.

Proving that it is really the Statue of Bigotry (thanks to Lou Reed).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Blow up the damn boat and then have Obama send Iran a little pink toy boat telling them 'we found your boat'.
Oh man that would be funny. Anyways ... on the story ... It's peaceful and loving Iran running it's mouth off again. No surprise.

Wow you guys do really know how to old a grudge... it was a simple joke that humiliated Obama and his terribly weak administration. Dont you guys have a sense of humor? Come on...

But well... the joke was done on the US first, a genius and hilarious move by Iran btw, so... I dont think it would ever have the same impact as the first one did. It would never come close to the original, sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

Why not? 4 Islamic fundamentalists managed to supposedly fly 2 planes into buildings in new york, not to mention the other 2 planes!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

And that will never happen again. If I was on one of those planes...I can tell you I would not allow my fate to be dictated by them. Flight 93 did what we all would do now. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee63
I'm really tired of reading what they can and cant do, basically they have done nothing except make empty threats.

I am tired of reading all the American arrogance...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Wow.....may I ask when you lost your mind and became a one man tabloid, sound biting, misinforming propagandising war machine?

'Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.' (I'm not even a christian but this quote sums up your attitude rather well.)

Iran is NOT 'Iran' i.e. some square mileage marked out on a map.....Iran is people....made of flesh and blood, with families they love just the same as you.

Iran poses no threat. It's military strategy is one of defence and deterrent and its refusal to clarify where its at in its nuclear programme is part of that deterrent policy. Where does that information come from? The Pentagon Report on the matter.

Watch and learn....and for the sake of your children and your children's children future....change your mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

They invaded a U.S. Embassy and took hostages? Yeah, act of war...

...unless of course it might have had something to do with the CIA coup d' état in 1953 in "Operation Ajax" carried out by a CIA officer Kermit Roosevelt (yep, grandson of Teddy)... instituted because Iran had the audacity to think they should own and control their OWN oil assets... and the "Shah of Iran" was installed and supported thereafter by the U.S., and used his "hit squads" to disappear and/or snuff out dissenters. Nice guy, the Shah... (if you like brutal despots.)

I mean... what's the big deal? If the Russian or Chinese government fomented a coup, and installed a Chinese or Russian as an emergency President of the United States, there would be no reason for Americans to get pissed off and revolt...

...anyway... why would anyone mistrust the U.S. Didn't they get the memo that we're all about "Freedom, Mom, and Apple Pie?"

Why would Iran distrust the U.S. and her allies?

A summary of our foreign generosity in spreading peace and good will around the world:

1953: Iran... overthrow of the democratically elected government of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the intelligence agencies of the United Kingdom and the United States under the name TPAJAX Project.

1959: Iraq, zealot named Saddam Hussein part of CIA authorized "hit squad" tasked with assassination of Iraqi Prime Minister Gen. Abd al-Karim Qasim. He was to become president in July, 1979, and enjoyed a warm strategic "relationship" with the U.S. who supported him in waging war on Iran, who had by this time revolted against the Shah.

1959: Panama/Manuel Noriega, on the CIA payroll informally... contracted as such in 1967. Noriega eventually became de facto ruler in 1983, halted the vote count of the 1984 election... he made special concessions for the U.S. with the the canal zone policy. Resisted being the U.S.'s beatch, in the mid to late 80's...

1979: Afghanistan/Osama bin Laden. Under Operation Cyclone from 1979 to 1989, the United States provided financial aid and weapons to OBL and the mujahideen through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI)... the United States provided the money and weapons, the training of militant groups was entirely done by the Pakistani Armed Forces and the ISI.

There's many more... but ask yourself... WHAT DO ALL OF THE ABOVE ALLIES HAVE IN COMMON in their relationships with the United States?

Again... why would Iran harbor ill will to little ol' U.S.?

edit on 29-4-2012 by dasman888 because: Typo correction

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dasman888

All the actions you speak of were part of a larger plan of containment of the Soviet Union. American Covert Activities started in ernest right after the Soviets built a wall around West Berlin which was an attempt to cut of West Berlin and allow the CCCP to take over that part of the City which was deep in the Soviet Half of divided Germany.

Then the CCCP invaded Czechoslovakia in an attemp to land grab as much territory as possible with the ultimate goal of ivading the Middle East for both the Oil and a Warm Weather Ship Building port. These plans have been released by the Russians and anyone can look them up.

Did the U.S. get in bed with unsavory dictators...yes...was WWIII with Nuclear Weapons a possibility? Yes.
You can hammer what the U.S. has done in the past...but it was all part of a larger plan that prevented the deaths of Billions.

As far as Irans current position...they signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and as a result were able to buy Nuclear Tech. for energy production. But they have not honored the Treaty and they have obligations and they could not develop Nuclear tech on their own.

They have put themselves in a corner. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Iam a German, but i dont want to f u c k with US and A
YOur Goverment is crazy man!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Yes so as soon as Iranians hijack a US Warship let me know.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

We love the Germans! You guys are awesome. I think the UK and Germans are my two favorite counties outside of the US.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY. 15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak. our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups. there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
reply to post by zooplancton

The mystery missile of the US West Coast was just a US sailor leaning on the launch button...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by 23432

the raided the American embassy and took hostages.

that was an act of war with a non-muslim nation.

they are probably doing something with covert operations against America as well, but there is no way I could confirm this.

I think your misinformed about the situation..

In 1953, the CIA staged "Operation Ajax," which unseated a duly elected prime minister, Mohammed Mossadegh, and reinstated Mohammed Reza Pahlavi as Iran's traditional and ancestral shah (monarch). The agreement stipulated that, in exchange for military and economic aid to Iran, there would a continuous supply of oil to the U.S.

The shah's wealth grew, and he succumbed to the temptations of a luxurious western lifestyle, which angered the Iranian people, especially the religious right wing. The clergy began to preach long and loud against the shah and his queen, which stirred the masses to revolt. The shah was forced to abdicate the throne again and leave the country in January 1979.

When the shah was diagnosed with lymphoma, he requested to be treated by U.S. doctors. His request was granted. That was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back," and so enraged Iranians that a rabble stormed the American Embassy in Teheran.

Allegations surfaced that William Casey, director of the Reagan campaign, and some CIA operatives, secretly met with Iranian officials in Europe to arrange for the hostages' release, but not until after the election. If true, some observers aver, dealing with a hostile foreign government to achieve a domestic administration's defeat would have been grounds for charges of treason. Reagan won the election, partly because of the failure of the Carter administration to bring the hostages home. Within minutes of Reagan's inauguration, the hostages were released. Under Reagan, the Iran-Contra Affair completes this story.

so as you can plainly read, the CIA & US corrupted their leader with bribes & they took an embassy that was wit in their own capital city after over two decades..

that is not an act of war.. by any stretch of the imagination...

and to top it off.. it exposed the level of corruption in American politics & put the "October Surprise" stain in the eyes of the world..

the key phrase is "with in minutes"..

without getting anything in return after a year they let them go? right..

is that not the point? to have demands met?

they know the current President looked bad..Carter.. and America..

so why would they give in with nothing in return "within minutes' of a new President?

logic would dictate that they were promised or given something.

and you think 30 years later counts as an "act of war"?

no. no it does not.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

As someone who lives in New York City, this just makes me giggle. Oh yeah, I'm quaking in my boots. Seriously, the U.S. Navy is the most powerful in the history of the world. It's strength really overwhelms all other world navys combined, even if you include those of our allies. Honestly, I think it's too big and powerful, so big it's largely a waste of money. We could have a navy half as big and still be far and away the most powerful in the world.
reply to post by LifeInDeath

This is of course garbage. But the real greater threat to the US (and individual American citizens) is of course a concerted effort made to instigate a false flag attack.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Sure... there was some brinksmanship. But Iran in 1953 was about Oil, and the Iranians pissing off British and American oil companies.

...and to say our actions "saved billions" of lives is a gross exaggeration of fact. The U.S.'s excess "in shop" propaganda led to a near scandal around the gross error in the U.S. intelligence community. It wasn't just a little wrong... it was way WAY off.

The U.S.S.R. was imploding for years prior to it's collapse. How could intel have been so wrong?

Rather... what happens if you "follow the money"?

Don't mistake my meaning... I'm a vociferous supporter of those who serve our armed forces.

I also believe that there are parts of the civilian leadership that should be brought up on treason, for the shenanigans they have gotten our military into. These "wars for profit" aren't a new thing, by a long stretch.

Look up Maj. Gen. Smedly Butler, USMC. At the time of his death, in 1940, he was the most decorated Marine in U.S. history, one of only 19 men to receive the Medal of Honor twice . He saw his first combat in 1899 in the Phillipines.

He stated very pointedly, that all the wars he was ever in were nothing more than wars for the benefit of American companies.

Sadly... most of the history books have a healthy dose of half truths or downright lies. Talk to witnesses, and they say the historical accounts "are horse**it".

America and Americans are genuinely great... but our foreign policy has destroyed most of what was a pretty good reputation. That, and the internet's capacity to make the obfuscation of facts much more difficult than it used to be. Ground truth is harder to cover up now.

America could again be the envy of the free world... but Americans will have to wake up and tend to their civic duties in a way we haven't for a very long time.

Hell, if Americans just turned their TV sets off for a while the country would probably have a renaissance.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by 4hero

Yes so as soon as Iranians hijack a US Warship let me know.

It was actually sarcasm! Maybe they dont have that where you live? I thought sarcasm was global!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

What part of Germany are you from?
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by 4hero

And that will never happen again. If I was on one of those planes...I can tell you I would not allow my fate to be dictated by them. Flight 93 did what we all would do now. Split Infinity

It didnt happen in the first place! Anyone on a plane could overpower 4 dudes with boxcutters!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Unlikely in the extreme. There are several failsafes before a missle can be launched unless the computer is running the show. One person can't just touch a button and shoot a missle. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join