It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Quite possibly could be some saber rattling going on, but it definitely isn't out of the question. Moving to within 3 miles of New York, that's pretty darn close I'd say, whether they could do it or not, I don't know.

Dailycaller.com

The Islamic Republic of Iran said Tuesday that it has the ability to position a naval vessel within three miles of the East Coast of the United States.

“The power of our naval forces is such that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,” Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said Tuesday during a speech to the students of the University of Yazd in Iran. His remarks were quoted by an Iranian student news agency.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, they will move a uber-battleship three miles off the coast of NYC and then they will bomb us to smithereens.

They will shoot the head off the statue of liberty. Damn.

There's only one solution: Nuke the damn Iranians back to stone age.

We've got a couple aircraft carriers only three miles off their coast so we can easily do it if we strike now !!

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

Has he seen the prices of real estate in New York?
Dream on Admiral

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that they would ever be allowed to get that close. A bunch of posturing is silly and I don't know why they enjoy puffing up and spouting off. It is just laughable. They and North Korea provide all the comedy we need these days. Seriously 3mi off the east coast, hey go for it.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
They will shoot the head off the statue of liberty. Damn.

There's only one solution: Nuke the damn Iranians back to stone age.

Damn, I agree. If they shoot off the head of Lady Liberty, then they should be nuked all the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The only way they could get a vessel that close would be if it were a submarine. I imagine that our ability to detect submarines along the east coast and in the Atlantic in general is much more than an Iranian sub could handle.

His statement isn't really connected to reality

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Blow up the damn boat and then have Obama send Iran a little pink toy boat telling them 'we found your boat'.
Oh man that would be funny. Anyways ... on the story ... It's peaceful and loving Iran running it's mouth off again. No surprise.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Does the navy still search for subs close to american shores?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
its quite simple some iranian admiral gets on a plane to NY and gets in a bath along with his officially commisioned battle ship the 'IN mr matey' toy ship and they've managed to get a ship of the fleet within 3 miles

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

all you need is a small speed boat and a nuke......

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Did you notice that the Admiral only mentioned "the ability to position a naval vessel within three miles of the East Coast of the United States", and didn't say anything about the "naval vessel" returning home. This would make for a good movie, a nice short one at that!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
what the headline left out is that it will be a one way trip.

America has been spread out like a blanket over the whole world for over 60 years.

when the Iranians can match this accomplishment, then they'll be taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Can someone pls point out an occurence of Iran warring against a non muslim nation ?

Iran would not war against USA or Israel .

2pence

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

the raided the American embassy and took hostages.

that was an act of war with a non-muslim nation.

they are probably doing something with covert operations against America as well, but there is no way I could confirm this.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Don't Forget 2001

4 Planes were taken over by so called "cave people" & allowed to fly Willy Nilly anywhere they wished for a long time over North Eastern America & eventually smashing them into us, with no real & proper effort to intercept them.

I bet they've already got a berthing spot on the Marina.
edit on 28-4-2012 by TrentReznor because: Bad spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Even if they made it to America our US navy wouldn't even have to deploy. Every American fishing boat would be out there with .270 and shot guns taking them out. Hell we barely even need a Navy. Anyone who knows anything about fishing and the men and women who do it know they are armed to the teeth when out at sea. Hell we have enough armed fishing vessels to count as a Navy. Hell if American fishermen got together they would be the largest navy in the World.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There are Iranian ships right in New York City, right now. Nobody is shooting at them. A navy is such an archaic form of warfare and should be discarded. War is all about stealth now, no longer do we line up in neat rows and shoot at each other. The Iranian Admiral is stuck in the 1950's.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

that probably means that what they are talking about is not ships, but covert operators located within 3 miles of an American target.

so much for the idea that the Iranians haven't waged war against a nonmuslim nation.
edit on 28-4-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I have no doubt that the US military is capable of defending the homeland. But we have to remember that we cannot lower arrogance get in the way for Persians are masters of asymmetric warfare and be invented chess a serious thinking game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join