It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Freeborn

it would be nice for them to actually do something after all these years instead of listening to them cackling like a bunch of teenaged girls everyday.
I cant help but to agree with this statement. Every time they say something that the MSM picks up it leads to nothing, I just don't understand the the point of that.

In my opinion...they make them self's less of a threat whenever they open their mouths.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by michaelbrux

Bandar Abbas to New York is approximately 7900 nautical miles going through the Suez Canal and The Straits Of Gibraltar.
Bandar Abbas to New York is approximately 11500 nautical miles going round The Cape Of Good Hope.
Bandar Abbas to New York is approximately 16500 nautical miles going round Cape Horn.

The longest range of any of Iran's current naval vessels is 7500 nautical miles.

It would require a sea going vessel of significantly higher technology and capability than Iran either currently has or has planned for this to be even considered as remotely feasible.
If they had this capability then I very much suspect that either the CIA, Mossad or MI6 etc would know about it.

This isn't going to happen anytime in the foreseeable future.

Is Iran being manipulated or controlled by forces that are pursuing their own agenda?
Possibly.
But that's a discussion for another thread, I think.

Could this be a precurssor to a false flag type operation?
Possibly.
But if a simpleton like me can work out how unlikely this scenario is then I'm sure that greater minds than mine will quite easily debunk any such operation.
edit on 28/4/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)
Oh? What, pray tell, is the distance from Caracas to NYC? You do know that Iran and Venezuela have a "special relationship" if not an outright alliance.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

if we're lucky Chavez will be receiving chemotherapy during the attack.

i'm glad the guy i'm fighting with isn't a cancer patient that's about to die.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
anyone with a 20ft sail yacht could cast anchor 3 miles of the shore if japan if they wanted to, but getting there is a whole other matter.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

if we're lucky Chavez will be receiving chemotherapy during the attack.

i'm glad the guy i'm fighting with isn't a cancer patient that's about to die.
Agreed, he would have nothing to lose.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

and nothing at all to offer.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra

But, unless they've got several hundred boats all along the Atlantic AND Pacific AND Gulf coasts, they cannot seriously injure the US. Yes, they could launch a missile - or two or three (there's a limit to how many missiles can fit on a boat) - at NYC and Chicago and Washington, DC. But even if all those missiles hit their marks, the US would still have plenty of muscle left to make their home country a smoking memory. And they know it.

Two or three of the right type of missiles in the right areas would completely devastate the entire continental United States. They could be fired from tramp freighters and there would be nothing we could do about it. The first you would know about it would likely be when your car, cell phone or computer died.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

and nothing at all to offer.

Wrong my friend. Chavez has enough money to buy three freighters and three nuclear/emp devices along with the scud missiles to deliver them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

he'll end up selling all of that to pay for his chemo, i'm sure. he sold Citgo, right?

but, if a walking corpse is what you call a leader and wingman, who am i to question it.

its interesting for me to watch...a world that has a bunch of has beens and never were's as their leadership.
edit on 28-4-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

A single F/A 18 could take care of the entire Iranian navy.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You have me confused with someone else. I love my country though I detest what our government has become and am severely disappointed in the sheeple that have allowed this decay. That does not stop me from acknowledging the fact that we are not omnipotent and if someone wanted to destroy us it would not only be easy it would be fairly cheap.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

A single F/A 18 could take care of the entire Iranian navy.
Quit talking about something you know nothing about. A squadron of F/A 18s with a full anti-ship missile load out could, but not one.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

You have me confused with someone else. I love my country though I detest what our government has become and am severely disappointed in the sheeple that have allowed this decay. That does not stop me from acknowledging the fact that we are not omnipotent and if someone wanted to destroy us it would not only be easy it would be fairly cheap.

i don't have you confused. I can tell by how you display a desecrated image of our flag.

and destroying this country will be expensive and something you and everyone you know will regret for the rest of your lives and your children will change their names and act as if you never existed in protest.

you aren't the only person on this site that lives in this country and has experiences you know.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

i don't have you confused. I can tell by how you display a desecrated image of our flag.
I guess the message of that flag is unintelligible to you then? It represents that the states and by extension the PEOPLE no longer control our nation. We are a republic no longer, but a corporatocracy. It is a symbol of what our nation has become. Until we accept what we are, we can never achieve real change into what we want to be.

Originally posted by michaelbruxand destroying this country will be expensive and something you and everyone you know will regret for the rest of your lives and your children will change their names and act as if you never existed in protest.

you aren't the only person on this site that lives in this country and has experiences you know.
It is painful to be the one who says "The emperor has no clothes", but the truth must be spoken and acknowledged before change can begin.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

so you feel powerless to the corporations, who only behave in the manner they were designed to behave. you feel as though money is what made and/or makes a nation state.

your opinion is not shared by many, including me.

sooner than later you will realize that money is not power, as i have learned.

not even all of our powerful military assets and capabilities...that's not why you are still here.

i guess the enemy propaganda has worked on you with exceptional results.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Quite a rediculous statement really!
Any Iranian naval vessel would be tracked as soon as it left its berth, the statement was obviously directed toward the Iranian public, they must feel the need to reassure their masses.
Does anyone remember the rediculous statements Saddam was making pre-invasion?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Three miles from shore falls under the Coast Guard and their Port Security. if anything they probably have a Commercial Cruise Ship or Cargo Container under their influence. One which they can use to launch attacks on New York.

They just need to fill either with they same missiles on they already have. A couple thousand troops and move it in line with the other commercial vessels entering New York everyday. Instead of stopping at the Port for inspection they would just drop anchor or ignore the harbor master. Turn it's starboard side to NYC and unleash the dogs of war.

No TSA, No Customs....

I've spent more than a decade thinking of scenarios and strategies like the one above. It's easy to study, plan, boast and execute. It's not so easy to survive the repercussion you, your country or religion would receive.

Just my two cents....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Mother of all wars, line in the sand, yada yada yada.

This Iranian is just as nuts as the rest of the Mulluahs

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Powerless? No. If anything I feel disappointed in my fellow citizens. I am more and more often tempted to leave them to their chosen fate.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

That is why you use Liberian flag vessels with a crew of suicidal jihadists. Launch the rockets then blow the ships. Plausible deniability. If we did not punish the Saudis for 9-11(yes inside job and all that but the persons blamed were mostly Saudis), then any other nation would also likely escape repercussion, especially since the US would practically cease to exist as a nation within hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join