It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A quick google tells me that the US boarder extends as far as 200 miles off our coast in some places. I think that would be grounds for retalliation if they actually invade our space no ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
They will shoot the head off the statue of liberty. Damn.

There's only one solution: Nuke the damn Iranians back to stone age.

Damn, I agree. If they shoot off the head of Lady Liberty, then they should be nuked all the way.

Have you had a close look at that face ? It might not be a bad idea afterall. She looks like a dude.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Visions of the USS Cole.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Even if they made it to America our US navy wouldn't even have to deploy. Every American fishing boat would be out there with .270 and shot guns taking them out. Hell we barely even need a Navy. Anyone who knows anything about fishing and the men and women who do it know they are armed to the teeth when out at sea. Hell we have enough armed fishing vessels to count as a Navy. Hell if American fishermen got together they would be the largest navy in the World.
Spoken like a true redneck.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
There are Iranian ships right in New York City, right now. Nobody is shooting at them. A navy is such an archaic form of warfare and should be discarded. War is all about stealth now, no longer do we line up in neat rows and shoot at each other. The Iranian Admiral is stuck in the 1950's.

AIR POWER IS WHERE ITS AT.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

what airpower. the f22 that suffocate it's pilots, f35 that that need to be cheated through to get it's most basic airworthiness certificates or the drones that get skyjacked ha ha ha ha ha LMFAO

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Speaking of Air power. Someone in th epast pages of this thread mentioned something about how the US navy was unable to shoot two Passenger jets down on 9-11. They did not know they were headed to hit the towers is the answer to his remark. Anyway Iranians like to say stuff to aggravate others is all this is. They are like the school yard bully who threatens you and then when you stand up to them back down.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Two or three of the right type of missiles in the right areas would completely devastate the entire continental United States. They could be fired from tramp freighters and there would be nothing we could do about it. The first you would know about it would likely be when your car, cell phone or computer died.

Forget the missiles. I think there are already nukes in this country. Hidden in old houses or U-rent storage buildings or some such place. They could have been sitting there for years just waiting for the trigger signal. The question is who made them, who placed them and who will trigger them some day. Will it be some country we piss off too much or will it be our own government in the mother of all false flag events. Remember all the stories of all the nukes that the USSR had that came up missing after the break up? Any one could have gotten their hands on them even us.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by real1tys8

maybe he's referring to the quantum bombs being rained down like thunderbolts.

you know...the stuff 'THEY' don't tell you about.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
persians haven't invented a damn thing. from chess to spy drones...they are bootleggers.

all games are thinking games.

they're specialty is the 2 against 1 sneak attack...it is their reason for existence.

I was going to give them backgammon but a search of the history of the game does not pinpoint an origin.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
folks lets fae it. the only way america wii be able to stop this childish egotistical bull# where every new president need to make a bigger war than the previous one and kill more innocent people than the previous one in a LOOK I AM BETTER THAN YOU game is to vote a WOMAN INTO PRESIDENCY. That and only that will save america.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by real1tys8

what airpower. the f22 that suffocate it's pilots, f35 that that need to be cheated through to get it's most basic airworthiness certificates or the drones that get skyjacked ha ha ha ha ha LMFAO

I live in Hampton Roads. These planes park in my back yard. I witness our Airpower every single day.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by real1tys8
folks lets fae it. the only way america wii be able to stop this childish egotistical bull# where every new president need to make a bigger war than the previous one and kill more innocent people than the previous one in a LOOK I AM BETTER THAN YOU game is to vote a WOMAN INTO PRESIDENCY. That and only that will save america.

What bigger war did Barack Obama initiate ? I am all for a woman in the White House. The right woman. Not because she would not wage war . Why would you think just because the President is a woman that she would not initiate a war if it was warranted ? Who would vote someone like that in in the first place ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

the thing about Persians, from what i've read and i cannot confirm this independently; although the opportunity to do so seems to quickly be approaching, is that they are well known slavers and have no problem whatsoever enslaving people that have done nothing at all to them.

this basic concept is outlined in Herodotus' Histories...specifically referring to the events that involved their activities in Egypt and Phoenicia and what they planned to do at Carthage and Ethiopia.

The thing about the activities that can be attributed to anyone in the historical records is that when contemplating them within the framework that there is no time but now and no place but here, is that history is actually explaining to the reader things as they are in fact...its just hidden from your view.

When one enslaves a population of people one gets all of their things to claim as their own.

Based on this information alone, I have no reason whatsoever to attribute anything to the Persians save the following:

1. Bootlegging
2. Murder for Gain.
3. Religion.
4. Opportunism.
5. Mimicry

edit on 29-4-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

obamas war is coming wait and see. woman care about the future not about the size of their dicks. they will rather find alternative means to deal with problems. I did not say they will not make war, lady thatcher did when all else fails not because she could and find it strangely compelling to have to prove fuc knows what. neither the iraq, war nor the rest until this coming iran war is necessary. 2nd you do not have to kick in the front door guns blazing and raping the countries woman and kids and killing the men when you want something they have. there is something called tact and diplomacy. Diplomacy like in talking and not threating. Take China. they are busy invading basicaly the whole Africa and America ( you will obviously deny the America part) and that is done without a single shot fired. Yes they got #ty human rights too it is just human rights issues cause they do it to their own people and not against other like you americans do and then call it freedom from oppression. I call what you americans do mass murder.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

hmm those 5 pionts sounds perfect bush fa,ily values and american sentiment.

BTW why did none of you american idiots here said anything about India launching a ballistic missle and threaten invasion. maybe because you know you will get you ases kicked straight past the the stone age?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by real1tys8

thank you for the compliment.

being bombed back to the stone age is something I would like too see someone try.

could you guys get a move on please?

Iran makes about as much sense as the people claiming Ron Paul is actually winning states which he has certainly lost.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

So you don't know any Iranians at all, have had no interaction with any at all yet you judge a whole nation and it's people on some historical account from over a thousand years ago?

And the thing is that every attribute you have given them could also be applied to Americans.

ETA

To be honest, after re-reading your post I really don't understand the point you were trying to make....were you judging the whole Iranian nation on Herodotus Histories which were written nearly 2500 years ago and not a mere thousand years ago as I wrote before?
edit on 29/4/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

People like him seem to think ignorance and hypocrisy are virtuous qualities.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Large-effect EMP is more difficult than supposed. A Hiroshima-level bomb will not do it. A Scud can't do it either.

You need much higher yield & yield/mass which requires true H-bomb technology, radiation-coupled multi-stage thermonuclear implosion devices. This is a much more difficult technology than the fission primaries. It's probably not possible to do reliably without a significant nuclear test campaign. Nobody knows for sure, but it's estimated that only the big-5 (US, Russia, China, UK, France) have real H-bombs. (probably India, Israel & Pakistan have tritium-boosted fission weapons which are an intermediate stage, using fusion to increase the efficiency of the fission bomb, but not for any significant energy output).

Then you need true orbital-quality missiles with good guidance, this is also an advanced tech.

Missile submarines will survive the EMP.
edit on 29-4-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join