It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

mar·riage/ˈmarij/
Noun:

1. The formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.
2. A relationship between married people or the period for which it lasts.

Source

Source

Holy matrimony is a phrase used by Christians to describe marriage. See also Christian views of marriage. It may also refer to:

* Holy Matrimony (1943 film), a 1943 comedy starring Monty Woolley and Gracie Fields
* Holy Matrimony (1994 film), a comedy directed by Leonard Nimoy

Source

In the theology of the Orthodox Church man is made in the Image of the Most-holy Trinity, and, except in certain special cases (such as monasticism, for example), he is not intended by God to live alone, but in a family situation. Just as God blessed the first humans, Adam and Eve, to live as a family, to be fruitful and multiply, so too the Church blesses the union of a man and a woman. Marriage, however, is not a state of nature, but is rather a state of grace, and married life is a special vocation (no less than the special calling of monasticism), requiring a gift or charism from the Holy Spirit this gift being conferred in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony.

That Holy Matrimony has divine sanction comes no less from the words of the Lord Himself, Who says: Have you not read that He Who made them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh' [Gen. 2:24]. So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder (Matt. 19:5-6).

Source

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hi Storm,
There is this thread here can you post your last find over there.??
-----------------------------------------------------------
Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage
------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't learned to link to ATS threads yet.
Been reading leviticus LOLljb

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Just about all I have seen from you is criticism of other Christians. I am beginning to wonder if you are as you say you are, a devout leader of a Christian youth group. You seem to be to be more of the pretend Christian. Just my opinion. I may change my view when I see you stop bashing other Christians. In fact, your entire approach seems to me to be more that of a follower of the Dan Savage cult.
What was that name of that Christian youth group you lead? Do you have a website or a chat forum, or is it more an informal gathering in a church or home?

Who is the one using the bible in a selective manner to spread hate? It's Savage and you know it.

I do not believe you are who you say you are.

edit on 30-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

A sly attempt to discredit me. Nobody in their right mind would give out personal identifiable information freely on the web, that would be inviting trouble. And here, I post with my own Christian name, Ryan, something you appear unable to do. Dan Savage is not the one professing to be a Christian while selectively picking certain parts of the Bible to follow to endorse and justify hate what ignoring other parts that are inconvenient. He was only exposing the hypocrisy of doing so, as I am doing here, I am not bashing Christians, I am pointing out the hypocrisy that many "christians" use to justify their most un-Christ like actions. I sorry that this makes you feel guilty in any way, you should work on that.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Garfee

Since when did a person's politics have anything to do with their faith? Are the two intertwined?

From what I've seen her/him,not sure, write in this thread and our u2u convos, I'm sure she is obsessed with placing people in neat little boxes and applying "isms" to them.

You chased me into u2u and started belittling me and accusing me. I then told you I would not engage in u2u but would engage you in the forum where everyone can see.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

At one of the plenary keynote sessions of the two organizations’ semi-annual conventions, Mr. Dan Savage had been invited to share with students the power of social media in today's world as well as speak about the problem of bullying of gay youth, an issue all too familiar in many American schools. Mr. Savage’s comments on April 13 veered from the topic however. At a point in his speech he criticized the Bible, at times using vulgar language. An immediate consequence was that some students and advisers walked out on the speech.

How did he veer off? The criticism by Savage on justification of gay bullying by people that use passages of the bible is completely on topic. How is that not on topic?

Vulgar language? He said BS, big deal, dealing with high school kids here, they use words like BS on a daily basis.

Immediate is right though, they immediately started walking out upon hearing the word bible.

What a load off bull.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You chased me into u2u and started belittling me and accusing me. I then told you I would not engage in u2u but would engage you in the forum where everyone can see.

Is that why you sent me at least 3 messages the day after when I already had finished our convo the day before and had said "take care'", which you later said was totally unsincere? I did send the first message yesterday though, that's correct.

edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Do you yourself follow anything in the bible or do you just use it the way Savage does, to bludgeon people and point out their flaws? Have you studied the lives of the canonical Saints and read any of their treatises? Have you read Origen or Tertullian? Or do you just "cherry pick" a few things which appear to you to be goofy and then use it to insult others?

Do I believe in the absolute literal truth of the Bible, no, It is a work of man, with the hopes it is pleasing to God, but is fallible, but still a body of truth to live by.

I eat Ham
I eat dairy with meat.
I do not stone non-virgin brides
I do not stone people who work on the sabbath
I do not stone gays
I was not stoned as a child when disrespectful, nor do I intend to do that to my kids
I do not expect women on their menstrual cycle to hide themselves.
I do my best to love others as Christ taught
I do my best to defend the weak, and blighted
I do my best to be tolerant of others, as long as they are not hurting anyone other than themselves.
I believe actions speak louder than words.
I do believe there are many people who claim to be christian while not showing christian values.
I do not follow the laws in Leviticus as they were valid in the time they were taught, but not in today's world.
I could go on and on.

Your turn..........

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

So now I have to use my Christian name as my screen name? Look, you are telling us here that you support someone who tells people to ignore the bible. It does not sound genuine to me. Maybe you just haven't thought through it.
My screen name has nothing to do with any of this. I simply doubt the genuineness of your stance, just like I doubt seriously that Savage takes the bible seriously. I'm not feeling guilty either.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If anybody is of the belief that high school students are not exposed to hearing insults and curse words on an HOURLY basis, you are severely mistaken. I'm not justifying it, or saying it's right, by any means. However, it is entirely true. Nobody cringes or tattles when they hear a "bad word" or an insult anymore. In fact, it's the opposite. Most students use them, and use them often. High school is not the same as it used to be.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

I told you good luck in my final message and I have not gone in to read whatever else you may have sent. At this point there is little use in going on further.

Good luck to you in the future.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I never bragged about being above the fray because I was a Salvationist, I was asked what church I belong to, and I stated what church i belong to, and I did mention that I would never accept the kids in my youth group perverting the Bible by using it as a justification to abuse people or promote hate.

Oh, and I never claimed to "work" for the Sally Ann, that was totally your assumption, as is you thread derailing attempt to segway into an "anti-communism, the Rothschid's are evil satanist who run the Salvation Army Church" rant

Back on topic please.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So now if we are Christian we must accept Sharia Law? Are you also sporting usurping US Law to accept Sharia? Now I am really wondering about your supposed leadership in a youth group.

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

Thank you for making my point, Sharia is no more valid than the laws in Leviticus, and that is where Sharia laws comes from, so if Sharia law is unacceptable, than so is the law as set in Leviticus.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Jesus did say warning against pedophillia, interesting enough we are in a time that needs this information out.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea"

Saying this passage was about pedophilia is a very narrow interpretation on the context of the whole passage, that is the problem with taking verses out of context of the chapter it is in, the verse is about so much more.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Here you are again personally judging who gets to be considered or called Christian according to your views. So let me get this straight, one cannot be considered a Christian unless one adheres entirely to every teaching in the bible and agrees with your leftist political views. Yep that sure sounds like a guiding light.

Putting words in people's moths again I see.
2nd

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Why are these people - - The National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association - - defending the bible.

They should not be defending the bible.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Why are these people - - The National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association - - defending the bible.

They should not be defending the bible.

The best you got. Off topic at that.
What does the bible got to do with a loud mouthed child abuser?
They are kids he bad mouthed. Ignorance must truly be bliss.
edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: are

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

So now if we are Christian we must accept Sharia Law? Are you also sporting usurping US Law to accept Sharia? Now I am really wondering about your supposed leadership in a youth group.

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

Thank you for making my point, Sharia is no more valid than the laws in Leviticus, and that is where Sharia laws comes from, so if Sharia law is unacceptable, than so is the law as set in Leviticus.

Would you mind terribly citing me where Sharia Law originates from Leviticus? Perhaps there are similiarities, but I would appreciate your being very specific in citing the origin of Sharia Law.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

speaking of poor logic, it is also very poor logic on your part to assume that the vast majority of the audience that did not walk out are anti-christian, or not even Christian themselves, seeing as Christianity, or "christianity" is not the most prevalent faith in the world, or the US.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Jeah, good luck you too!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Desperately trying to politicize this? I thought this was a "Christian" issue? What happened the separation of state and church? Your agenda s exposed my right wing friend.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join