It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

No student was bullied, cause the students you are refering to were not present, they had walked out and were gone.

Some suggest the walk-out was pre-planned.

I'd say - - that is probably true.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

He clearly does not believe in the bible, but was using it as a tool, a weapon to bludgeon Christian teens, in some odd effort to try and convince them to come his way. I believe that was the point I was trying to make.

I never said he believes in the bible. he was using it to point out the hypocrisy in people that use it to condemn homosexuality. I already explained that a hundred times.

If you have nothing against homosexuality and gay marriage, then why are you still saying he was using the bible to bash people.

You must be lying, cause if you really feel that way you have to agree with what he did with the bible, cause he was right in his criticism.

You would only feel that he was misusing the bible if you have something against gays and gay marriage, and if you are a bigot.

So what is it, do you feel he was misusing the bible, which means you are anti gay and a bigot?

Or do you feel he was right in his criticism, using the bible to show the hypocrisy in christians that are using it to condemn gay people?

These are the only two options.

You either have nothing against gays and gay marriage, and agree with his actions talking about the bible.

Or you are against gays and gay marriage, don't approve his use of the bible, and are a bigot.

Very simple.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

the Christian religion and faith is the largest theistic belief system on the planet... Islam follows right behind it and we all know what Islam and Muslims think about Gays and them trying to use Marriage as a word to define "sin" to us and them.

sucks being a left handed individual I know... no one has to tell me

Yeah, those darned terrorist fundamental Muslims who enforce Sharia law...........

Sharia law, the law that is popular to hate, and rightfully so, is based on Talmudic law, "The Jewish Law" that is based on the Torah which the Bible shares it's first five books, or the books of the law with, specifically Leviticus.

Interesting how that works, the Radical Muslims are damned for wanting sharia law when it is the same as the "laws" said 'christians' what to impose on others, such as homosexuals from Leviticus, while ignoring other parts that they find inconvenient.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

if you can't beat them, join them

you have jno debate to stand against my arguments which another poster brought into the mix and is actually what this is all about anyway.

bring your sword to lunch today? I think not...

Using your "Islam hates gays as well under sharia law so it is ok for "christians" too", I take it you would have no problem with Sharia law being imposed upon you then?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Obviously this guy is Pro gay (either gay or not isn't the point) him bashing against christanity is against Christianity and its major campaign against homosexuals. Real christians could care less about this situation, obviously this guy sees spiritual people one sided, religious, which is anti gay in the simplest perspective
edit on 30-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

This guy is ignorant

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

No student was bullied, cause the students you are refering to were not present, they had walked out and were gone.

The STUDENTS were CALLED names by a LOUD ABUSIVE meathead behind their BACKS
The rest in attendance should have showered him with rotten fruit and vegeables.
BUT he already had so much EGG on his puss it wasn't nessessary.
Leave the CHILDREN out of THIS.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Excuse me? Spreading bigotry? You are barking up the wrong tree here. You may think you can "read between the lines" of people's postings, but you cannot prove what someone has not posted. Let's review what has happened. Savage ripped into the bible, some Christian students were offended by it, even some gay conservatives demanded an apology, which I also posted yesterday, and Savage made a feeble apology. Today it is all over YouTube, the Blaze, Breitbart, and numerous other blogs in the blogosphere.
oops last part meant for another one.

edit on 30-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Anyone who condones, or uses the bible in a selective manner to spread hate and abuse on anyone, is guilty of spreading bigotry, you qualify.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I dont buy this, what a shrewd opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Here is a partial explanation of the view of the Catholic church on the tradition of marriage from the Catholic Encyclopedia.

That Christian marriage (i.e. marriage between baptized persons) is really a sacrament of the New Law in the strict sense of the word is for all Catholics an indubitable truth. According to the Council of Trent this dogma has always been taught by the Church, and is thus defined in canon i, Sess. XXIV: "If any one shall say that matrimony is not truly and properly one of the Seven Sacraments of the Evangelical Law, instituted by Christ our Lord, but was invented in the Church by men, and does not confer grace, let him be anathema." The occasion of this solemn declaration was the denial by the so-called Reformers of the sacramental character of marriage. Calvin in his "Institutions", IV, xix, 34, says: "Lastly, there is matrimony, which all admit was instituted by God, though no one before the time of Gregory regarded it as a sacrament. What man in his sober senses could so regard it? God's ordinance is good and holy; so also are agriculture, architecture, shoemaking, hair-cutting legitimate ordinances of God, but they are not sacraments". And Luther speaks in terms equally vigorous. In his German work, published at Wittenberg in 1530 under the title "Von den Ehesachen", he writes (p. 1): "No one indeed can deny that marriage is an external worldly thing, like clothes and food, house and home, subject to worldly authority, as shown by so many imperial laws governing it." In an earlier work (the original edition of "De captivitate Babylonica") he writes: "Not only is the sacramental character of matrimony without foundation in Scripture; but the very traditions, which claim such sacredness for it, are a mere jest"; and two pages further on: "Marriage may therefore be a figure of Christ and the Church; it is, however, no Divinely instituted sacrament, but the invention of men in the Church, arising from ignorance of the subject." The Fathers of the Council of Trent evidently had the latter passage in mind.

www.newadvent.org...

Take it as you will but that is from the Catholic perspective.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Just about all I have seen from you is criticism of other Christians. I am beginning to wonder if you are as you say you are, a devout leader of a Christian youth group. You seem to be to be more of the pretend Christian. Just my opinion. I may change my view when I see you stop bashing other Christians. In fact, your entire approach seems to me to be more that of a follower of the Dan Savage cult.
What was that name of that Christian youth group you lead? Do you have a website or a chat forum, or is it more an informal gathering in a church or home?

Who is the one using the bible in a selective manner to spread hate? It's Savage and you know it.

I do not believe you are who you say you are.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

The STUDENTS were CALLED names by a LOUD ABUSIVE meathead behind their BACKS The rest in attendance should have showered him with rotten fruit and vegeables. BUT he already had so much EGG on his puss it wasn't nessessary. Leave the CHILDREN out of THIS.

Lies, he said their REACTION was pancy assed, which it was. he didn't call them names at all. If you going to be a loudmouth yourself, at least be factual.

The overwhelming majority didn't walk out and even applauded him.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The entire catholic church, along with reformation are all inadequate for modern times

I dont even know why they fight against homosexuality, when their are more heterosexuals on earth than gays

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

your words have no meaning here... If you refuse to live according to the Law, then have a good day.

So, when is the last time you ate shell fish?

I hope when you get married, your wife is a virgin, it would be terrible if you had to drag her to her father's door step and stone her if she isn't

Did you ever disobey your parents? Why are you not dead, why did the not stone you?

Have you ever worked on the sabbath?

Have you ever lied?

Have you ever stolen? if so, why do you still have both of your hands?

Ever enjoy a ham and cheese sandwich? That is a real bad double whammy! Pork, and meat with dairy!

I could go on, but your statement exposes your hypocrisy very well on it's own.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It stems from a word in Latin,

Latin *maritaticum, from Latin maritatus, pp. of maritatre "to wed, marry, give in marriage".

You fail miserably again.

Yet another straw you are grasping has broken of.

The whole idea is ridiculous anyway, claiming ownership of a word. The arrogance. Just grow up and mind your own business.

very good we're learning... by latin you mean Roman Catholic correct?

Languages are not religious, are you going to go into a roman catholic pedophile temper tantrum again now?
2nd

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ever enjoy a ham and cheese sandwich? That is a real bad double whammy! Pork, and meat with dairy!

Do you yourself follow anything in the bible or do you just use it the way Savage does, to bludgeon people and point out their flaws? Have you studied the lives of the canonical Saints and read any of their treatises? Have you read Origen or Tertullian? Or do you just "cherry pick" a few things which appear to you to be goofy and then use it to insult others?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ryan, here is more on Salvation Army logo

The original logo contains the words "blood" and "fire", and I thought I would mention that there is both a mainstream meaning and a meaning referring to bloodlines of the Illuminati. When discussing blood in Christian terms, it usually means the "body and blood of Christ" which I am sure you know. When discussing secret societies, it can refer to the bloodlines of the 13 families of the Illuminati.

You can see that the Rothschilds are one of the 13 Illuminati bloodline families.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

...just to keep all this in the fun of conspiracy theories.

The term "fire" can relate to "the trial by fire", the fiery element in Chinese philosophy, the fiery salamanders of the elemental kingdom as related in the Theosophical Society and the Findhorn Garden, or the etheric plane in esoteric philosophy, or the fire of the holy spirit, the fire infolding itself.
alexismincolla.com...

Utterly off topic and trollish again. Start a thread of your own if you wish, this is not the place, unless your intention is to derail this thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No more than you buddy. Again, where can I find your website or chat group or support group? Did you not brag about how you are so morally above the fray when you said you work for the Salvation Army? It never occurred to you that the Salvation Army has a reputation for being a tool of the Rothschilds.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

in sheer numbers and Majorities yes I am, they are also the same theistic belief system called Monotheism which includes Judaism.

Yes, all the Abrahamic faiths, which share Leviticus, Sharia law is based on Leviticus, but I am willing to bet the world that you would be one of the loudest screamers if someone wanted to impose sharia law on you, very hypocritical of you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Christianity, One of the few religion that helps people of the world (poor, sick), and yet gets scrutinized

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

So doing one thing right should give you a free pass on everything you do wrong?

Great logic!

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join