It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You just don['t get it, he attacked nobody, he pointed out the hypocritical use of the Bible to justify hate and abuse at the hands of "christians" like yourself.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well this must be his evil twin

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully

SavageRabbi Shmuley Boteach, a popular Orthodox rabbi famous for his writings on sex and popular culture, has blasted White House-endorsed sex columnist Dan Savage for his attack on the Bible and Christianity in front of an audience of high school students, comparing Savage's remarks to the hateful bigotry of the Westboro Baptist Church.
Rabbi Blasts Savage's Anti-Christian Rant: 'Westboro of the Left'
Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: link

edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: link

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Can, I talk again?

Religious or not, the anti bully speaker is obviously a hypocrite spewing hate and is obviously not a great leader to provide influence against bullying.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

How about quantifying this rant of ignorance.
How many Christians in America?

Are you asking about Christians, or "christians"?

How many wear masks??

Again, are you referring to Christians, or"christians"?

How many pervert the bible??

This is an easy one, that would be %100 of "christians".

How do they pervert the bible?? (quotes and numbers preferred here)

Read Leviticus, the whole book of Leviticus, and tell us what you follow, and don't follow, get back to us with your answers, and you will have yours.

What does the meat head that disrespected the CHILDREN Quote from the bible as his rant "of hate and abuse"??

Can you rephrase the question without the epithets?
edit on 4/30/2012 by RyanFromCan because: hanging tags, spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Can, I talk again?

Religious or not, the anti bully speaker is obviously a hypocrite spewing hate and is obviously not a great leader to provide influence against bullying.

Perhaps bullies can learn from him that this is the best expected result of their efforts?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Funny post from someone who tried to turn this thread into an anti-communism rant, and latter, and anti-Salvation Army rant. You just can't help yourself can you?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by Jordan River
Can, I talk again?

Perhaps bullies can learn from him that this is the best expected result of their efforts?

Isn't it sad he didn't sugarcoat everything - - - so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

You are doing classic greek philosophy rhetoric

Well thanks for letting me know.

Is classic greek philosophy rhetoric also considered trollish? I must have done it in a past life.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

You just don['t get it, he attacked nobody, he pointed out the hypocritical use of the Bible to justify hate and abuse at the hands of "christians" like yourself.

I'm sorry, but you informed last night that you are left leaning, and my gut feeling on all this is that you are more of a left leaner than you are a Christian. I have a serious doubt about the Christian part.
edit on 30-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

And more out of context cherry picking from the bible to justify out of context cherry picking from the bible to justify using the bible as a tool to promote hate and bigotry, why am I not surprised with this coming from you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

How about quantifying this rant of ignorance.
How many Christians in America?

Are you asking about Christians, or "christians"?

How many wear masks??

Again, are you referring to Christians, or"christians"?

How many pervert the bible??

This is an easy one, that would be %100 of "christians".

How do they pervert the bible?? (quotes and numbers preferred here)

Read Leviticus, the whole book of Leviticus, and tell us what you follow, and don't follow, get back to us with your answers, and you will have yours.

What does the meat head that disrespected the CHILDREN Quote from the bible as his rant "of hate and abuse"??

Can you rephrase the question without the epithets?
edit on 4/30/2012 by RyanFromCan because: hanging tags, spelling

Well if the meathead was quoting from here then you are as ignorant as he is.
LEVITICUS - JewishEncyclopedia.com
www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/9867-leviticus

The English name is derived from the Latin "Liber Leviticus," which is from the Greek (το) Λενιτικόν (i.e., βιβλίον). In Jewish writings it is customary to cite the ...

In Jewish writings it is customary to cite the book by its first word," Wa-yiḳra." The book is, composed of laws which treat of the functions of the priests, or the Levites in the larger sense. It is in reality a body of sacerdotal law. The various laws comprising this collection are represented as spoken by Yhwh to Moses between the first day of the first month of the second year after the Exodus and the first day of the second month of the same year (comp. Ex. xl. 17 and Num. i. 1). There is no note of a definite time in Leviticus itself, but from the references cited it is clear that in the continuous narrative of the Pentateuch this is the chronological position of the book.

edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: stuff

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

And more out of context cherry picking from the bible to justify out of context cherry picking from the bible to justify using the bible as a tool to promote hate and bigotry, why am I not surprised with this coming from you.

What was I cherry picking? I am not the one bludgeoning people about chastity and hatred of specific women in the GOP. Did you forget that was also in Savage's nasty little diatribe? What kind of Christian are you that you support that?

Here is Savage telling Christian teens to ingore what is in the bible. Is this the sage advice you give to your youth group? What other issues do you discuss?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm sorry, but you informed last night that you are left leaning, and my gut feeling on all this is that you are more of a left leaner than you are a Christian. I have a serious doubt about the Christian part.

Since when did a person's politics have anything to do with their faith? Are the two intertwined?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

He clearly does not believe in the bible, but was using it as a tool, a weapon to bludgeon Christian teens, in some odd effort to try and convince them to come his way. I believe that was the point I was trying to make. So, yes in that fashion he was attacking the teachings of the bible and those who follow it. Or he might have been using the Christian bible example to make an example of the Christians in front of their secular peers. Perhaps both. Using ridicule to accomplish a goal is not so far fetched is it. It is part of the Alinsky way.

You are assuming too much by claiming Dan Savage does not believe in the Bible.

By come his way, do you mean turn them gay, or just point out the hypocrisy in using selectively the bible to bully gays and get them to stop?

See, the problem would not exist if people payed attention to the Bible and it's teachings, the problem arises when "christians" do this in a terribly selective manner, as to what is convenient for them, and use it a s a tool of hate. He did use the Bible to make an example of how"christians" selectively follow the bible for selfish reasons.

There is a different between pointing out inconsistencies or hyporisy, and ridicule.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Oh God, another blind one. At the mere mention of the Word bible, they reacted, with in 20 seconds theye were walking past the cameras at the back of the hall, Mr. Savage di not have the time to say anything offensive to anyone before they were up and walking out, that is, unless they find the word "Bible" offensive, then again, some "christians" do find the Bible in it's entirety offensive.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Since when did a person's politics have anything to do with their faith? Are the two intertwined?

From what I've seen her/him,not sure, write in this thread and our u2u convos, I'm sure she is obsessed with placing people in neat little boxes and applying "isms" to them.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Pay attention to the teachings of the bible? Savage is explicitly telling students to ignore the bible. I just don't believe you any more. I think you are posing as a youth group leader but just crusader for leftist ideals.

What I hear you saying is that as a leader of a Christian youth group, you support a man who tells students to ignore the bible.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Journalism Conference Organizers Apologize For Savage Invite

The National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association – the organizations that invited bully extraordinaire Dan Savage to speak at their National High School Journalism Conference – have issued a press release denouncing Savage’s comments at the conference:

At one of the plenary keynote sessions of the two organizations’ semi-annual conventions, Mr. Dan Savage had been invited to share with students the power of social media in today's world as well as speak about the problem of bullying of gay youth, an issue all too familiar in many American schools. Mr. Savage’s comments on April 13 veered from the topic however. At a point in his speech he criticized the Bible, at times using vulgar language. An immediate consequence was that some students and advisers walked out on the speech.
www.breitbart.com...
NSPA and JEA consider Mr. Savage’s use of harsh language and profanity to be inappropriate and offensive to many in attendance. This is not what our organizations expected. In his attempt to denounce bullying, Mr. Savage belittled the faith of others – an action that we do not support. Ridicule of others’ faith has no place in our programs, any more than ridicule of the LGBT community would.

Student journalism, like professional journalism, is built on the foundation of free speech. It should not shy away from controversial topics and viewpoints. But it should promote and engage in civil discourse. Mr. Savage’s speech fell short of that standard, and for this our organizations apologize.

For people that think what Savage had to say was fine,

shame.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The Storm, hell, Tornado shoots keeeeeeep reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaading Scores.
dan,dan the meathead man
edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: g

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The Storm, hell, Tornado shoots keeeeeeep reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaading Scores.
dan,dan the meathead man

Oh Yeah! Such a meathead.

Created a media storm - - controversy - - got attention - - got everyone talking.

Subject of an ATS thread now 45 pages long.

Go Dan!

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join