It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Jordan River

So doing one thing right should give you a free pass on everything you do wrong?

Great logic!

We also get clumped up in stereotyping too. I'm not understanding your train of thought, Catholics do need a complete revamp upgrade. if that is what you are associating

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Ahhh, I want to hang with this dude.
In my highschool, the Christian kids were the worst bullies.
I mean, they felt they had the word of god behind them, so
it was OK to beat the crap out of people who were different.

This is all to common, and was such in my school, but please don't capitalize Christian when refering to people like them, as they are not Christians, but "christians", as their actions are anything but Christ like, they were not real Christians, they were pseudo-"christians", and it is actions like theirs that have driven many away from salvation and Christ.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

So now if we are Christian we must accept Sharia Law? Are you also sporting usurping US Law to accept Sharia? Now I am really wondering about your supposed leadership in a youth group.

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...
edit on 30-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by earthdude

reply to post by Annee

All Christians read the Bible selectively

Way to broadbrush 2.1 billion people in the world who practice Christianity. I wonder which scientific method he used to get this data.

In truth, 99.999%. When have you seen such a saint who would obey all those laws?

When did reading all of something become synonymous with obeying all of it? Anyway, telling 2.1 billion people they read the bible selectively is really a strawman argument, and irrelevant to the fact that his approach and his selective targeting of that group was not appreciated.

I will agree, Christians do not all read the Bible or apply it selectively, but "christians" are famous for it, Their actions show this.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

We also get clumped up in stereotyping too. I'm not understanding your train of thought, Catholics do need a complete revamp upgrade. if that is what you are associating

Are you talking about Catholics in specific, or are you talking about Christians in specific?

I just responded to your logical fallacy.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Jesus did say warning against pedophillia, interesting enough we are in a time that needs this information out.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea"

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Are you talking about Catholics in specific, or are you talking about Christians in specific?

I just responded to your logical fallacy.

Logical fallacy? I just asked you what you meant and you are automatically on the attack and defense. I'm not arguing with you

link   

Here you are again personally judging who gets to be considered or called Christian according to your views. So let me get this straight, one cannot be considered a Christian unless one adheres entirely to every teaching in the bible and agrees with your leftist political views. Yep that sure sounds like a guiding light.

link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I do not care what they do with each other as long as they don't try to indoctrinate innocent children in their quest for equality. That being said, this thread is about how he treated a group of Christians.

Correction, this thread is about how a bunch of "christians" were coached to leave a speech in mock disgust with smiles on their faces at the mere mention of the word "bible" to create a scene. How can anyone be offended by words they did not hear because they were too closed minded to even listen.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I don't see the issue, your posts, however much you deny it, clearly show your are very homophobic and anti-equal rights, you justify the abuse of "fags" by selective use of the Bible, a most vile thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

I do not care what they do with each other as long as they don't try to indoctrinate innocent children in their quest for equality. That being said, this thread is about how he treated a group of Christians.

Correction, this thread is about how a bunch of "christians" were coached to leave a speech in mock disgust with smiles on their faces at the mere mention of the word "bible" to create a scene. How can anyone be offended by words they did not hear because they were too closed minded to even listen.

Oh, so now it's all about how Christians were coached into leaving. And just who did all this coaching?

A nice deflection from the fact that Savage's group is exposed as having connections with the WH.
Well time to make dinner.
Later gators

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Oh please, let's talk about people posing as Christians. Let's start with those anti-priests who were communists who deliberately joined the clergy for the express purpose of destroying it. I've already posted on that, so I'm sure you know which ones I am talking about.

That is not the topic of this thread, feel free to start one of your own, back to the topic of hypocritical "christians" and they manufactured outrage at the hypocrisy being exposed for what it is.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by longjohnbritches

The STUDENTS were CALLED names by a LOUD ABUSIVE meathead behind their BACKS The rest in attendance should have showered him with rotten fruit and vegeables. BUT he already had so much EGG on his puss it wasn't nessessary. Leave the CHILDREN out of THIS.

Lies, he said their REACTION was pancy assed, which it was. he didn't call them names at all. If you going to be a loudmouth yourself, at least be factual.

The overwhelming majority didn't walk out and even applauded him.

Very poor non logic here.

Try this! Turn your head and put your fingers in your ears.

HEY HEY!! EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME see that guy with his head turned???
He is a PANCY GUY.

Now here is the best part of your ignorance.
Were the rest of the prople left Christians???
Do you even know??
Of course not best you can do is pick on the children with the meathead.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh, so now it's all about how Christians were coached into leaving. And just who did all this coaching?

Dude, even I know you're trolling, stop looking for detailed excuses for arguments,

You are doing classic greek philosophy rhetoric
edit on 30-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am not attacking you, you said you didn't understand my logic to which I replied that I responded to your logical fallacy, which it was.

Again, doing good deeds doesn't mean you shouldn't be scrutinised for the things that are wrong.

That's all I was saying.

And also, you were talking about Catholics, but do you mean Christianity in general perhaps, there is a difference.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, one cannot be considered a Christian unless one adheres entirely to every teaching in the bible...

Um...I would have thought so - are there parts of the bible that a christian should not adhere to?

If so, they shouldn't be in there and also it makes a complete farce out of the rest.

In conclusion, I dare you to hurl a stone at me.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Garfee because: gr

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I am not attacking you, you said you didn't understand my logic to which I replied that I responded to your logical fallacy, which it was.

Again, doing good deeds doesn't mean you shouldn't be scrutinised for the things that are wrong.

That's all I was saying.

And also, you were talking about Catholics, but do you mean Christianity in general perhaps, there is a difference.

Yes people who have done bad should be tried for their actions.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by Annee

No student was bullied, cause the students you are refering to were not present, they had walked out and were gone.

Some suggest the walk-out was pre-planned.

I'd say - - that is probably true.

The STUDENTS were CALLED names by a LOUD ABUSIVE meathead behind their BACKS
The rest in attendance should have showered him with rotten fruit and vegeables.
BUT he already had so much EGG on his puss it wasn't nessessary.
Leave the CHILDREN out of THIS.

Leave the CHILDREN out of THIS!

Tell that to their hypocritical gay hating bigot parents.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's your Meathead

Daniel Keenan "Dan" Savage (born October 7, 1964) is an American author, media pundit, journalist and newspaper editor. Savage writes the internationally syndicated relationship and sex advice column Savage Love. Its tone is frank in its discussion of sexuality, often humorous, and hostile to social conservatives and Rick Santorum's views on homosexuality. As a gay man, Savage has often been the subject of controversy regarding some of his opinions that pointedly clash with cultural conservatives and those put forth by what Savage has been known to call the "gay establishment". He has also worked as a theater director, both under his real name and under the name Keenan Hollahan, using his middle name and his grandmother's maiden name. In 2010, Savage and his husband Terry Miller began the It Gets Better Project to help prevent suicide among LGBT youth.

In 1991, Savage was living in Madison, Wisconsin, and working as a manager at a local video store that specialized in independent film titles. There, Savage befriended Tim Keck, co-founder of The Onion, who announced that he was moving to Seattle to help start an alternative weekly newspaper titled The Stranger. Savage "made the offhand comment that forever altered [his] life: 'Make sure your paper has an advice column — everybody claims to hate 'em, but everybody seems to read 'em'." Savage typed up a sample column, and to Savage's surprise Keck offered him the job.

Media appearances

In addition to maintaining his weekly column and authoring four books, Savage has been involved in several other projects.

From 1994 until 1997, he had a weekly three-hour call-in show called Savage Love Live on Seattle's KCMU (now KEXP). From 1998 to 2000, he ran the biweekly advice column Dear Dan on the news website abcnews.com.

He is now the editorial director of the weekly Seattle newspaper The Stranger, a promotion from his former position as The Stranger's editor-in-chief. Savage currently stars in Savage U on MTV, contributes frequently to This American Life and Out magazine, and acts as a "Real Time Real Reporter" on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher. He has also made multiple appearances on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann and CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 discussing LGBT political issues such as same-sex marriage and Don't Ask Don't Tell. Podcast

The Savage Lovecast is a weekly audio podcast based on Savage's column Savage Love, available via iTunes and at the Stranger's website for free download. It features Savage doing a call-in version of his sex advice column. It is routinely rated as the top podcast in the iTunes "Health" category.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Again, you are using this thread in an effort to paint people with your idea of who you think they are and what ideas you think they have. I have no obligation to fall into your trap.
What if you just go ahead and tell everyone you hate Christians and believe all Christians think alike? Isn't that where you are going with this? See how that works?

Funny, he asked me last night if I minded if he consider me a friend, to which I told him no, and as a matter of fact I considered him one, and I have clearly let everyone know that I believe in living to the best of my ability as Christ taught, that would make me a Christian, as opposed to a "christian" so one can justify acting in a mob mentality manner.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There is no prosecution in asking you to define your beliefs if you are so prepared to damn other for theirs, an honest answer can't possibly hurt that much can it? That is a problem with many "christians" when they cry that they are being persecuted, it is in fact they have a fear of exposing themselves for what they really are, anything but Christian like.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join