Christian Group Objects to Film With Gay Jesus

page: 8
4
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by reitze
 


Well...I think the only right you have is to dis-agree w/ this poster...but you can't force them to go against the Bible. I'm afraid to break this to you..although God does love Gays...he also loves Murderers. He does not love the sin though. God made it very very clear that no- man shall lay down with another man. It's Sin....according to the word of the lord...


Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1 
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" 
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been pointed out before....but...it's simply true. You do have freedom of choice...but it does come w/ a price. No twisting of the words can make the truth bend to fit your needs.


As you're also free to interpret... MY INTERPRETATION IS THAT'S FEAR - and LABELS another human being negatively while you don't know their soul. Similar quotes are how the witches get burned. And what makes a witch? Someone having a dream? Smoking tobacco?

So to be clear... those OT verses demonstrate FEAR... as do PAUL's PHARASEE oriented words in ROM 1:26-28. From what I've seen its my POV that unless you read it cover to cover and interpret for yourself you become subject to fear like that. And associated slavery. The book of Eli demonstrated that tendency - and sorry to say which of the priests you seem to emulate with those quotes used to justify the definition of a person's whole FEELING set in their humble life as SIN... which goes on to get crucified in order to protect wholesomeness. So yea, it goes back to GAY JESUS too... for what you do to the least among us (socially) you also do unto me.





posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9
 


They sure keep 'em coming. I guess it's too much too take a religion that boasts of the most followers on this planet and can claim dominance on most of the most powerful and influential countries on the globe. I'd like to see a film or play that depicts Mohammed as a homosexual or a pedophile and let's see what happens.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This film is really not a big deal because Jesus,God etc is just a picture,an idea or concept to understand that all there is in the end is LOVE.
Obviously most people on this planet are not there yet or they don't know what LOVE is/misinterpret it or think only their way of love is the right way.
And then of course you have a thread like this and one can't believe how many people are still on a level that holds us back as a species which has to learn to live together.
Also,being gay is not a lifestyle choice compared to let's say... being a hard core right wing fundamentalist of whatever religion.
And also,what is a "brain gay"?
No need to answer!



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors
 


Hypocrites huh? I remember that I sent you this message just last night I believe:




reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I'm sorry but these 2 statements contradict each other:

signature: HANG THE TRAITORS of the USA... both Republican and Democrat. They are BOTH screwing this country. Our Founding Fathers would have HANGED THEM ALL by now.

If the country had to suffer through ANOTHER Republican in the oval office after idiot Bush and his DISASTROUS 8 years of hell, the country would be in such a MESS that it would require 20 consecutive terms of Democrats in the white house to turn things around. Even SUPERMAN would have great difficulty getting the country fixed from a Republican in Oval Office. Democrats ALWAYS have to CLEAN UP a republican MESS. And then the fools on the Right always ridicule the Democrats claiming that things would have been resolved faster if a Republican was in office instead! WELL...we SEE what Republicans are capable in the oval office... EVERY TIME one is in the oval office we see... ...and its NEVER good. Its never good for the common middle-class American citizen. NEVER. Democrats ALWAYS have to CLEAN up the Republicans MESSES, and the IDIOTS on the Right always blame the Democrat for not CLEANING up the Republicans MESS FAST ENOUGH. The nonsense coming from the Right wingers here NEVER cease to amaze me. Meh, meh, MEH.

So um...... MEH MEH MEH!


So once again MEH MEH MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze
 




Thus it makes me angry to hear your HATE


riiiight.. I SAID I HATE EVERYONE that has an addiction.. I ACTUALLY SAID THAT?? !!! WHERE DID I SAY i hated ANYONE ..

but it's ok for you to flame with



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This thread has completed the movie makers intentions, it seems well before the movie has even been released.

Stop this crap! What is the point?

No one is going to change any ones mind. EVER!

So it is best to just part ways and forget about this film.

Lets just all agree that this film is blasphemous and a cheap shot BUT it is the film makers RIGHT to create such a piece (No matter how tasteless it may be.)

It is my right to make my art no matter whom it offends BUT I should honestly have a heart and think about how my art may hurt others.

They are making it and its wrong BUT its wrong to tell them they CAN'T make it.

Thats is that and an end to a worthless argument.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by reitze
 




Thus it makes me angry to hear your HATE


riiiight.. I SAID I HATE EVERYONE that has an addiction.. I ACTUALLY SAID THAT?? !!! WHERE DID I SAY i hated ANYONE ..

but it's ok for you to flame with



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRichards
This thread has completed the movie makers intentions, it seems well before the movie has even been released.

Stop this crap! What is the point?

No one is going to change any ones mind. EVER!

So it is best to just part ways and forget about this film.

Lets just all agree that this film is blasphemous and a cheap shot BUT it is the film makers RIGHT to create such a piece (No matter how tasteless it may be.)

It is my right to make my art no matter whom it offends BUT I should honestly have a heart and think about how my art may hurt others.

They are making it and its wrong BUT its wrong to tell them they CAN'T make it.

Thats is that and an end to a worthless argument.


I'm inclined to think the opposite on that. Blasphemous? Why? Did they actually dissrepect God/Jesus? Or did they just make up some fiction between the lines that you fine "offensive". Like I said above...

Taking offense is OFFENSIVE. It justifies hateful harm toward others. You don't gotta like the movie or even watch it. But labeling it as "Blasphemous" is like what the pharisees did to Jesus. Keep thinking though... the quest for wisdom makes us wise!


+
edit on 4/28/2012 by reitze because: +



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze
 


OH MY GOD!

Did you NOT read what I said? I'm guessing NOT?
www.thefreedictionary.com...



Adj. 1. blasphemous - grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred; "blasphemous rites of a witches' Sabbath"; "profane utterances against the Church"; "it is sacrilegious to enter with shoes on"


Yes BLASPHEMOUS.

Whether or not I'm offended is BESIDES my point.

Let me rephrase so that you might actually understand what I am talking about.

CHRISTENS ( there are you happy?) Find this to be Blasphemous. and you can debate it all you want but I feel its in bad taste.

NOW, that that is over with.

Stop arguing and just let this crap go. IT SOLVES NOTHING AND YOU GET NO WHERE!

Do I have to reiterate? or repost this?
edit on 28-4-2012 by MrRichards because: Forgot a "what"



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRichards
reply to post by reitze
 


OH MY GOD!

Did you NOT read what I said? I'm guessing NOT?
www.thefreedictionary.com...



Adj. 1. blasphemous - grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred; "blasphemous rites of a witches' Sabbath"; "profane utterances against the Church"; "it is sacrilegious to enter with shoes on"

Yes BLASPHEMOUS.
Whether or not I'm offended is BESIDES my point.
Let me rephrase so that you might actually understand what I am talking about.
CHRISTENS ( there are you happy?) Find this to be Blasphemous. and you can debate it all you want but I feel its in bad taste.
NOW, that that is over with.
Stop arguing and just let this crap go. IT SOLVES NOTHING AND YOU GET NO WHERE!
Do I have to reiterate? or repost this?
edit on 28-4-2012 by MrRichards because: Forgot a "what"


Well your new post only illuminates another aspect where a film like this may have great GODLY value!

+ If "Blaspheme" is conflated to offending TPTB - then such blaspheme is ritious now isn't it! Its what got Jesus crucified, and its why we have a 1st amendment, freedom of speech that enables a freedom from of and for religion... And its why assaults on the 1st = crimes against humanity. And sure I'm willing to die to say that.


Specifically, with all the gay-hate false teaching that results in the gay-hate-bullying like I received in 4th grade IS WRONG. "Hate the sin, love the sinner" fails to discern what is sin? Reading the bible can help - but it doesn't change a person's "Sexuality".

Here perhapse this link will help with that accuracy issue of false teaching. Some Eunuchs Are Gay

+ So I'm saying that the fear-based "false teaching" results in abuse of God's children, and seems worth re-linking this vid:
edit on 4/28/2012 by reitze because: +



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze
 


I must face palm


Why did you make me do that? I hate doing that


I am a bi sexual Jesus loving man... No honestly just ask my bi sexual wife who loves Jesus just as much as I do.

Are we still arguing? Did you read my last post? Or.......?

Being a bi sexual FREAK as the wide leg wearing spiked haired kids in my area were called, I was ostracized not only about my sexuality BUT my style of clothing, the amount of money my parents made and the fact that I like brown girls. I know all about discrimination.

Jesus is a religious/spiritual/ holy person. He expressed that a man/woman may only have sex when married to the opposite sex. So to state that he is going against his own rule (Sorry I used that word every one but I had a lack for a better one) That would be by definition Blasphemous.

Its the argument that I want to focus on. It needs to stop. Its getting no where. FAST.

So lets just drop it and who ever wants to watch the film can watch it but just please Christians, don't watch it to complain. And please atheists don't use the movie as a tool for revenge.

Thank you.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRichards
 


Well stated. I feel like spitting on the faces of the guilty parties but they have the right to do what they did, regardless of their motives. Anything other than that is oppression.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   


to all God-fearing Americans
reply to post by samsamm9
 


And it's not a troll group? Christians actually see themselves as "God-fearing"?



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightwalk
 


Any thread about religion, God, Jesus, Muhammad etc is just an argument thread.

Thank you for your complement but its WAY off topic for this thread.

Maybe if you said that I was 100% wrong, an idiot and a small minded fool, that would be a bit more on topic


Now start arguing before the thread dies!



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm going to bed so no more arguing for me.

My best wishes to every one. Good night



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Sleep well!



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9
 


Okay, if someone burns the Koran all hell breaks loose. If someone objectifies Muhammad in a cartoonish or humorous manner all hell breaks loose. But if the pinnacle of the Christian faith is made fun of or demoralized in a film then Christians just have to lay down and take it? I think not. I don't support violent behavior of any kind but when you do stupid and disrespectful let alone blatant crap like this then you should expect Eye for an Eye and all that.

If I were a Christian I would be greatly insulted by this. I find it insulting that people abuse there freedom of speech and expression at the expense of others in such ways anyways. Just my 2 cents.

Everything is indeed a two way street of course. That does not always make it right though.
edit on 4-28-2012 by Flint2011 because: Typos



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
They got what they wanted: Attention.
Controversity creates cash and the easiest way to create controversity, is sadly, religion. I still don't understand why so many people, in the 21st Century are still brainwashed by the religious crap. As the article says "God fearing Americans" it's sad that people don't wake up and stop believing in fairy tales

Religious nutcases are the biggest problem, humanity has and this proves it once again.

As for the movie: I don't even see the problem. I do see the problem as sadly there are still too many homophobes in this world. But Jesus has been made fun off for all eternity from Monty Pythons Life of Brian to other movies like Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. I don't see the problem with it. At least it takes something very stupid and sometimes turns it into something entertaining.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRichards
reply to post by reitze
 


I must face palm


Why did you make me do that? I hate doing that


I am a bi sexual Jesus loving man... No honestly just ask my bi sexual wife who loves Jesus just as much as I do.

Are we still arguing? Did you read my last post? Or.......?

Being a bi sexual FREAK as the wide leg wearing spiked haired kids in my area were called, I was ostracized not only about my sexuality BUT my style of clothing, the amount of money my parents made and the fact that I like brown girls. I know all about discrimination.

Jesus is a religious/spiritual/ holy person. He expressed that a man/woman may only have sex when married to the opposite sex. So to state that he is going against his own rule (Sorry I used that word every one but I had a lack for a better one) That would be by definition Blasphemous.

Its the argument that I want to focus on. It needs to stop. Its getting no where. FAST.

So lets just drop it and who ever wants to watch the film can watch it but just please Christians, don't watch it to complain. And please atheists don't use the movie as a tool for revenge.

Thank you.


IDK why you felt the facepalm but the rest of your post was cool.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by samsamm9
 


Okay, if someone burns the Koran all hell breaks loose. If someone objectifies Muhammad in a cartoonish or humorous manner all hell breaks loose. But if the pinnacle of the Christian faith is made fun of or demoralized in a film then Christians just have to lay down and take it? I think not. I don't support violent behavior of any kind but when you do stupid and disrespectful let alone blatant crap like this then you should expect Eye for an Eye and all that.

If I were a Christian I would be greatly insulted by this. I find it insulting that people abuse there freedom of speech and expression at the expense of others in such ways anyways. Just my 2 cents.

Everything is indeed a two way street of course. That does not always make it right though.
edit on 4-28-2012 by Flint2011 because: Typos


I think Southpark won that Blasphemous issue, and I think I represented it fairly well here on ATS... BTW, Draw Mohammed day is pretty soon... hmmm funny now that I think of it its late may when they've got all those things going on in the Chicago area.


Drawing Mohammed: Idolatry or Blasphemy? + FAITH Expression possible w/o Free Speach (DMD = May 20th)





new topics
top topics
 
4
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join