It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Objects to Film With Gay Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Could you imagine Jesus Christ as a gay man? Filmmakers can, but many Christians can't.

Casting Jesus Christ as a gay man was always going to be a controversial move, and the producers of "Corpus Christi" knew that they'd ruffle some feathers.

And they did. Pennsylvania-based Christian group America Needs Fatima blasted the “blasphemous homosexual play” and demanded a “public apology to Our Lord Jesus Christ and to all God-fearing Americans," according to the San Francisco Examiner.

“Corpus Christi: Playing With Redemption,” is a documentary, and follows actors and promoters as they hold productions of Terrence McNally’s 1998 play, “Corpus Christi,” which depicts Jesus living in 1950s Texas, the newspaper reported.

The play also depicts Jesus as having sexual encounters with his apostles, according to the newspaper.

And let's not forget, the Christian extremist and their violent contribution.(It's not just Muslim extremist who make bomb threats)

Such artistic expression has not come easy: actors and producers have endured bomb threats, harassing emails and comments on YouTube, and harassment of the director’s mother, according to the newspaper.

State Sen. Mark Leno and Supervisor Scott Wiener, both of whom are LGBT, said they supported both the film and the protesters' First Amendment rights, but that bomb threats and hate mail crossed the line.

I think it is a shame to use freedom of expression in this manner.
By knowing you will offend a great deal of people, I say you should find a different way on how
you express your views.
We all are in this together, we should all respect one another.

Link

edit on 26-4-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Is it ok to show Obama as a pedophile in a movie or the queen as a young prostitute in a period peace?

Sounds like a troll made the film.lol

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If you don't like the movie, don't watch it! Jeez... I actually think this might be an interesting movie, as long as they don't expect to sail by on controversy alone.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Films and propaganda like this are all part of the gay agenda to promote their perversion onto society... it's been ongoing for a long time.. There is no going lower than this though... the militant gay community is desperate to have the world accept everything they represent as normal and moral, but it isn't ever going to happen, even after repeated attempts at perverting the children in every country using absolutely foul and vile school curriculum, they are still in the tiny minority, but always attempt to paint themselves to appear as a growing majority of the population..

People are against this even without being Christian, but the gay community also tries to make everyone against them out to be Christians only, because of so much anti Christian rhetoric being popularized in every type of propaganda medium..

Making a film saying Christ is gay is the last straw which will destroy those who made it happen... Those who have contributed to this film, and those who will offer support for it, have no personal integrity, nor honor, nor respect for anything or anyone except their own desire to force their lifestyle choices on the whole of the human race and get everyone rolling their way. pathetic

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't think a film with a gay jesus should have ever been made. It does not fit in with anything in the bible. In a case like this the Christians ought to be able to sue the filmmaker for slandering their faith. There is freedom of religion in this country, not freedom to slander religion.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A thought has just popped up in my weird brain........

I wonder, were any Romans offended after the movie Meet the Spartans came out?

To me personally, it doesnt over step any line, but i can see how it could be seen by some groups. Maybe the reaction of these groups is exactly what they were after. Any publicity is good publicity so they say
edit on 26/4/2012 by 8om8er because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 8om8er

I'm sure it was created to stir up a reaction.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Your religion and it's undabated promotion of heterosexuality and sexism offends a great deal many people.
Living together with respect begins at home.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star128
reply to post by samsamm9

Your religion and it's undabated promotion of heterosexuality and sexism offends a great deal many people.
Living together with respect begins at home.

What is my religion ? I'm not even religious

Why the personal attack ??

Anyhow, FYI, all great religion of the world promote heterosexuality.
But I believe homosexuals are present in every religion...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Jesus wasn't gay!!!!! You can't make a movie about a gay Jesus!!

Now if you excuse me, I have to pay homige to the great zombie hunter Abe Lincoln for making America what it is today!

(Seriously, Jesus wasn't gay but I sure am gay for Jesus!)

The body of Christ, all muscled and toned, the body of Christ, I sure wish I could call it my own. -- "Body of Christ" Eric Cartman

EDIT- (To Fail)
Vampire Hunter...cliche'

Anyways...
edit on 4/26/2012 by adigregorio because: FAIL

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This movie makes as much sense as making a movie about Martin Luther King Jr. portrayed as a white guy.
We Christian's shouldn't care one way or another about this movie.
Spend your time and energy doing the things that Jesus told us we should be doing,
and if you have to ask what that is.......then just remember the golden rule, as well as love thy neighbor.
You Christian Fundamentalist resist your urge to go all anti-gay on this thread...OR...at least let people
know that you are a fundamentalist so they don't confuse you with the loving, tolerant, forgiving, and empathetic Christian crowd.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The gay community should have no problem at all to hear from preachers who equate them with pedophilia then I guess.
I know of a street preacher that taught that if a guy can do a guy, he can do a child.
It makes more sense than a gay jesus, eh?
There should be more films portraying them as such since it doesn't seem to be a problem depicting a group with sexual perversions to make political points.
And anyone left wondering why the gay rights thing simply doesn't fly?
They want to impose upon us their filth.
But to depict it as filth, which is what this "movie" is, is to be a one sided pc exercize in "top my depravity".

hmmmm, I wonder if I offended anyone???
edit on 26-4-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Bomb threats from Christians over a play involving a flippin fictional character!! What hypocrites.

Silly adults and their fictional imaginary friends.

One religion is NO DIFFERENT from the other when it involves any of the SICK TWISTED Abrahamic faiths.

Idiots.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
They want to impose upon us their filth.

I thought this was the MO for religions?

All well...

As for the video, more power to them! Satire is satire, and if one doesn't like it just do not attend a showing. Why impose your rules on other folks? (Rules = filth (to me))

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't understand why people care so much! It'd be different if we were forced to watch it, but we're not. If the KKK, wants to go out and have a bbq at a local park, let them, I won't agree with what they're saying, but as long as they mind their own business, and don't try to harm myself or others, I don't care.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Bomb threats from Christians over a play involving a flippin fictional character!! What hypocrites.

Silly adults and their fictional imaginary friends.

One religion is NO DIFFERENT from the other when it involves any of the SICK TWISTED Abrahamic faiths.

Idiots.

I'm not sure a single thing you wrote has much logical merit........hypocrites? I don't think Christians consider Muhammad a fictional character.....I assume you were referring to their outrage over homicide bombers in the name of religion.......what does fictional imaginary friends have anything to do with the OP? Are you talking about adults in mental hospitals?........no difference between the mono theistic religions?
and I doubt you were calling yourself an idiot, but perhaps you might read your post again.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8om8er
A thought has just popped up in my weird brain........

I wonder, were any Romans offended after the movie Meet the Spartans came out?

To me personally, it doesnt over step any line, but i can see how it could be seen by some groups. Maybe the reaction of these groups is exactly what they were after. Any publicity is good publicity so they say
edit on 26/4/2012 by 8om8er because: (no reason given)

If by Romans, you mean Greeks, then I doubt it. Honestly, Hollywood has already gotten everyone believing that the Greeks and Romans were actually British.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Why impose your rules on other folks? (Rules = filth (to me))

So we should only play by your rules=filth? and you think thats not hypocritical?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Care to point out what rules I am imposing? Or is asking you to not impose rules on me, imposing a rule?

Also, asking implies an option...just sayin'

EDIT (To add)
Also, I am not gay. Unless you mean happy, then I am really not gay.
edit on 4/27/2012 by adigregorio because: Addition, subtraction, tis all the same to me

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Care to point out what rules I am imposing? Or is asking you to not impose rules on me, imposing a rule?

First you never asked me anything,then you answered your own question,how is it any different what your asking from the people this movie may offend."You say don`t watch it then" and you also know the vast majority will not,its those who may be influenced negatively they are concerned about.

EDIT (To add)
Also, I am not gay. Unless you mean happy, then I am really not gay.

That has nothing to do with what you wrote,though I`m happy your happy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join