It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Objects to Film With Gay Jesus

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I really cant' stand the whole "Christians are more peaceful than Muslims" argument (not saying you're using it, just pointing it out in general). Bombing women's health clinics and shooting doctors isn't exactly Christ like.

Yeah? How many such incidents have happened?

No two religions are equal, some are more prone to violence, some are more peaceful. And I am sure when it comes to response to a percieved insults against religion, muslims take the cake as the more violent ones.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by Danbones

that is the most confusing post of the morning.
And I have almost had all my coffee.
You simply make no sense.
Maybe you meant to reply to somebody elses post and used this one you replied to by mistake, eh?
Or you just trailed off into some netherworld adressing a make believe scenario that existed in your mind at the time.
Or is salmon Rushdie gay..or made gay movies, or maybe he produced the film in discussion...orwell, I am at a loss. My imagination isn't as good as yours and others in this thread so I feel I am at a disadvantage sometimes.

can't help it it if you drink decaff
perhaps you are christian
maybe thats the trouble

maybe you ought to switch to the KJB
as you will note if you peruse the thread in Autowrenche's siggy you will note:
King James was gay too
as are many of Jebuse's priests too apparently..pedos too apparently
edit on 28-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

I know!
I feel the threats are as you say, not from a true Christian.
But what if it is all from the makers of the film to draw attention and sympathy for themselves.
It's not like they are not allready above depravity for their cause, am I right?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

nahhhh, caffeine baby, lots of it.

too bad for you. I personally have allready debunked a false teacher and he simply rehashes debunked material for his own gain and notoriety.
You can praise him if you want but it certainly does not raise your integrity or your knowledge of anything related to truth.
but if it floats your boat to elevate him to teacher status thats your mess to waddle through, not mine.

Piso wrothe the New Testament, mwahahaha...gullible much?
But you found it in a book somebody wrote, it must be true. (And yes, the Bible is a book with over 25,000 ancient mss and many texts and fragment of texts from the 1'st century. I am sure you know this from your rabbi autow). Hey, maybe James Cameron can cgi something for you?
edit on 28-4-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Is it ok to show Obama as a pedophile in a movie or the queen as a young prostitute in a period peace?
Of course it's ok. I just wouldn't watch it. Would you? Then what's the problem?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

I really cant' stand the whole "Christians are more peaceful than Muslims" argument (not saying you're using it, just pointing it out in general). Bombing women's health clinics and shooting doctors isn't exactly Christ like.

No two religions are equal, some are more prone to violence, some are more peaceful. And I am sure when it comes to response to a percieved insults against religion, muslims take the cake as the more violent ones.

Muslims are Violent?
ask the Iranians, the Afgahnies, the Iraqis, the Libians...the Jews Christian Hitler Killed ( 70 million died in that war mostly christians killing each other...to make some bankers rich...hypotwits looks like )

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I myself am a Christian (non-denominational.) When it comes to this movie I really...how should I put it...don't care? Defiling Jesus is "the cool thing" to do nowadays - not my problem. The problem I do have is the huge level of hypocrisy in non-believers. I see posts saying "if they don't like it, then they can just IGNORE IT!" What about all the non-believers who blast Christians on a daily basis, complaining about road signs, fighting to get down Christimas decorations, angry about church outreaches - ect. The double-standards here in America are overly-abundant it's kind of sad. Why can't both sides just never give a # about what the other sides are doing and just live their lives?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pizzanazi75

I have good friends that aren't particularly interested in getting tied down and hang out with their male friends all the time, doing stuff like camping, bar hopping, driving Harleys, four wheelers, and boating, fishing, hunting, etc.... Being that we are pretty big guys, I wouldn't advise anyone to call us gay. Your perception is way off, maybe you should reevaluate it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So, you equate this all to the Dark ages where Reformists were persecuted by the church of Rome?
Good for you! But you would be agreeing with the reply and not denigrating your sweety buns.
You at least have a sweety buns though. That's nice.

I think that's all I need to say.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

And the most ignorant post of the year goes to...

Yes two religions can be equal, especially in terrorism. Christianity and Islam are both guilty of grotesque forms of human nature when it comes to terroristic acts. Let's stop dividing classes here.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It is so easy to do a controversial film about Jesus, but it would take real balls to do one about Mohamed that is why they don't do it because these people have no balls.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

We will never know the true motives of the film maker unless he truthfully states so. So I can't give you an answer to whether they are trying to make themselves look righteous or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
It is so easy to do a controversial film about Jesus, but it would take real balls to do one about Mohamed that is why they don't do it because these people have no balls.

Are you implying there would be 'violent' ramifications to making a gay film about Muhammad. The true nature of both religions and teachings from the Bible, and Qur'an, promote human beings that do no incite violence upon anybody and can take a mature stance to unravel and fix problems within society.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

Maybe I phrased it poorly.
I am insinuating that the film makers made the death threats and blamed it on Christians.
It's called a false flag. It's actually quite common. Not a difficult strat to understand and if you begin with a depraved mind,attitude and willingness it's probably to be expected.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Ah, yeah that would be plausible, especially within today's society.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz
reply to post by manna2

Ah, yeah that would be plausible, especially within today's society.

Agreed. Reminded me of what the bible says:

Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil. Jeremiah 13:23

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

I respectfully disagree w/ you. Water is wet. No amount of twisting of the facts...or the words...will bend that reality.

If you don't believe in the Bible or God....your safe to live exactly as you see fit! If you do believe in the word of God...or even nature....homosexuality would be a sin or against nature herself. Homosexuals would cease to exists as far as nature is concerned. I'm talking flat out nature and not your Social Services to carry on life. ( foster care- adoption) because as I said...w/out those services the Gay Community would cease to exist.

In my opinion... I respect homosexuals...omgosh...I even have friends that are gay....but I do not agree w/ the sexual act. The bottom line w/ sexual intercourse is to survive.....to carry on the human race....people that choose not to carry on the human race function are only full-filling a need....a personal need. As the saying goes...I love the same sex girl-friend I have....there are soooo many valueable ways I can show her w/ out performing sexual acts on her.

I believe in God....he didn't " invent " sex just so we could feel good....As I said and believe because of what I read....he invented sex to pro-create. I have never read a passage in the bible where he tells us to have sex because we owe it to our partner....it's the only way to show your spouse how much you love them. Sex is to pro-create...it's a bonus that it feels good...ha but...As far as science is concerned...it may " feel good " but those feelings are....the physical feelings you need in order to spill the load to .....pro-create. The bible didn't stutter...People do so they can get out of what's wrong...sin...it's all excuses so people can feel good about the infractions that occur in their life.

No matter how you twist this...Man shall lay down w/ no man...it is what it is....Man Shall NOT lay down w/ wnother man.

I really appreciate your comment and opinion...thanks for sharing

edit on 29-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by Noncompatible
I ask again is your faith so weak that a different viewpoint can only ever be an "attack?"

The "poor little christians attacked from all quarters" spiel is old and tired. Live, love, believe (or not) but quit the false outrage, it ain't fooling anyone but you.

This is whats called a contradition.

Which attack is it that you really mean toward me,either my faith is so weak or that I should quit the false outrage?

Since the only stated fact is the figure of jesus is potrayed as being homosexual. I fail to understand the need to call it stupid and filthy ? It may in fact be well crafted and tender (not my cup of tea, but who am I to judge others)

Yet you judge me in either being weak or false and see nothing wrong with the OP or anyone else that has attacked.

Doubting the validity of christ and god is not an attack on your belief system, it is a viewpoint that differs from your own. I ask again is your faith so weak that a different viewpoint can only ever be an "attack?"

Many people do,some actually do it respectfully.There have been a few in this thread.

.All that has been pointed out is an interpretation that is different to your own. One that apparently shakes you to the core of your belief. Shame on you for being so weak. As if the Jesus of your bible would care.

Like you said but who are you to judge,you still do though and sorry you`ve got it wrong.

edit on 27-4-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

You entirely the miss the point. I don't judge people for their sexuality.
I always judge those who claim to be followers of a faith that tells them not to judge.
After all, I'm just a godless heathen.
Who enjoys watching religious followers "rules lawyer" their way out of admitting their religion has little to do with love, tolerance and understanding whilst, at the same time, screaming they are being persecuted by anyone who voices an opinion contrary to their worldview.

Shouldn't you simply turn the other cheek? Do these things really challenge your faith ? They appear to as you seem very ready to tell others they are wrong,. I ask again, is that for their sake or your own?

Methinks the christian god would be sadly disappointed in its/his/her earthly followers, if it/he/she was to actually make an appearance. The same applies to all other religions (rather than philosophies) I have encountered, incidentally.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Strainz

Maybe I phrased it poorly.
I am insinuating that the film makers made the death threats and blamed it on Christians.
It's called a false flag. It's actually quite common. Not a difficult strat to understand and if you begin with a depraved mind,attitude and willingness it's probably to be expected.

I shall play the believers game here:

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged."

Amazing how that book can be used against the "faithful" is it not ?
edit on 29-4-2012 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by reitze

I respectfully disagree w/ you. Water is wet. No amount of twisting of the facts...or the words...will bend that reality.

If you don't believe in the Bible or God....your safe to live exactly as you see fit! If you do believe in the word of God...or even nature....homosexuality would be a sin or against nature herself. Homosexuals would cease to exists as far as nature is concerned. I'm talking flat out nature and not your Social Services to carry on life. ( foster care- adoption) because as I said...w/out those services the Gay Community would cease to exist.

In my opinion... I respect homosexuals...omgosh...I even have friends that are gay....but I do not agree w/ the sexual act. The bottom line w/ sexual intercourse is to survive.....to carry on the human race....people that choose not to carry on the human race function are only full-filling a need....a personal need. As the saying goes...I love the same sex girl-friend I have....there are soooo many valueable ways I can show her w/ out performing sexual acts on her.

I believe in God....he didn't " invent " sex just so we could feel good....As I said and believe because of what I read....he invented sex to pro-create. I have never read a passage in the bible where he tells us to have sex because we owe it to our partner....it's the only way to show your spouse how much you love them. Sex is to pro-create...it's a bonus that it feels good...ha but...As far as science is concerned...it may " feel good " but those feelings are....the physical feelings you need in order to spill the load to .....pro-create. The bible didn't stutter...People do so they can get out of what's wrong...sin...it's all excuses so people can feel good about the infractions that occur in their life.

No matter how you twist this...Man shall lay down w/ no man...it is what it is....Man Shall NOT lay down w/ wnother man.

I really appreciate your comment and opinion...thanks for sharing

edit on 29-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

Nice that I have your respectful dissagreement. Its my view that the bible passages used by you and most others to support that view are taken out of context. As I mentioned hermaphrodites being physical creations of God, I also believe there are people "crosswired" in their brains in a similar fashion. Sure sex-questing and situations like prison-showers(? or "Sparta"? ) can lead toward overly promiscuous unhealthy behavior.

But to classify a person as a sinner is an act of stating that you're better in Gods eyes - and that's historically led to genocide. Thus while you respect me and my POV, I recommend you read more "Gay-friendly Christianity" materials - rather than being a "good Nazi" of a sort. And I do mean that respectfully of you and your person-hood. But yea it matters to me - seeing so much anti-Gay hate from mainstream christian institutions.

Like I said, 4th grade I got bullied and called "Fariy", but wasn't/aren't gay - just have a "baby-face" sort of things kinda like Jeb Bush does. Getting home from K-4th on Wednesdays was a race against time to avoid the Catholics getting out of religious instruction. I had to fight the whole gang more than once, and nearly killed Tommy in kindergarten.

What's nuanced as "sinner" among adults turns into bully-excuses among children.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join