It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Objects to Film With Gay Jesus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I always hang around guys, I'm a guy, I'm not gay. I think reeferman is trying to stir up a bunch of conflict between the 100 million Christians and the half million or so gay people in this country. If he's gay, which I doubt, he's not very smart, neglecting the best interest of his kind. It would be easy for someone who doesn't like gays to cause conflict this way. He gets to blasphemy Christians and Gays this way. I have some friends that are Gay and they would never say something like what he is saying. I can't say that I am a hundred percent sure that Jesus wasn't gay, but how would Jesus gain respect amongst the straight people of his time if he was gay? People of his time would have talked about others the same way as people do now. Not much has really changed in two thousand years. Except for, of course, the internet.

edit on 27-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Men are mostly homosocial creatures, not necessarily homosexual

When our society will learn to have respect for one another, we won't need unnecessary "art" that only provoke
and want to shock.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You don't seem to comprehend the use of language in the text.
Congress is being addressed and restricted, not the church.
It is all about restricting Congress from true religion and if you FINISH THE SENTENCE, "the free exercize thereof"
It's not hard to understand language when you try.
You simply do not try.
You do not understand the topic is all.
It has nothing to do with the letter that Jefferson wrote to the 1'st Danbury church.
Jefferson wasn't even there for the debates forming the Bill of rights.
Your circle logic fails and fools only you it seems.
And no simple text, as in the 1'st amendment will get in the way of your pre-supposed notions or claiming others are using "transference" as you are doing when you claim straw man args when you are simply projecting again in almost every post.
So, we shall simply offer a lesson
Congress (the party being addressed) shall make no laws against religion, or the free exercize of it)

It's called the BASIS of religious liberties of which all the other freedoms hinge upon, such as free speech and the right to petition government or peacably assemble, etc...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

When our society will learn to have respect for one another, we won't need unnecessary "art" that only provoke
and want to shock.

Is being provocative and shocking really the way to go? Don't they do their cause a disservice?

Why is it necessary to provoke only the Christians?

And from what I see there aren't many that really care.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

have no personal integrity, nor honor, nor respect for anything or anyone except their own desire to force their lifestyle choices on the whole of the human race and get everyone rolling their way. pathetic

Hm, now which type of bigoted religious group does this remind me of ?

A clue -

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Originally posted by manna2
They want to impose upon us their filth.

I thought this was the MO for religions?

All well...

As for the video, more power to them! Satire is satire, and if one doesn't like it just do not attend a showing. Why impose your rules on other folks? (Rules = filth (to me))

While I don't agree with your every word, your conversation with manna2 made me think of something that Jesus spoke about, that seems to relate to what is being spoken of here.

Matthew 23:15 "What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are!

As some people here know, I do not consider myself a Christian, nor do I adhere to any religion. The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees didn't live by God's standards, and as Jesus said, a bad tree can not bear good fruit. Jesus told us to beware of the teaching of Pharisees, because the words of a talebarer gets taken to heart and we are to guard our hearts with truth, to test every spirit that claims to believe in God. I don't want to say that Christianity is the daughter of the Mother of Harlots, but the more of the bible I digest, the more I notice the lies mixed with truth in what I have heard those in their pulpit preach.
Both you and Manna2 are right.
The gay community is trying to impose it's filth, and God wants us to "come out of her" the mother of the unfaithful.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

I have spent a lot of time in those kinds of church services, never personally experienced any bigotry, just dancing and singing, and praise and worship, really wild things happen in these services.

edit on 013030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
These people would be in fear of death had they proposed a gay Mohammad.

You didn't get the part where it says they were threatened by Christian extremists... I guess the fundamentalist Christians hurts less if they execute their threats

They threatened his family and they received bomb threats !
Don't you think they're in fear of death ??

let's hope they are not in any threat of harm.

most likely they themselves issued the threats for sympathetic reasons so as to divert attention from their own incitements. It's actually quite common for these types of propoganda hit pieces.
if this is correct the fbi will not find any threat and you will never hear a word about it in the future because they allready got what they intended

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

and want to shock.

Is being provocative and shocking really the way to go? Don't they do their cause a disservice?

Why is it necessary to provoke only the Christians?

I assume being provocative is good for business, but bad for human inter relations(basic 101 universal knowledge)

But i strongly doubt it's only Christians who gets provoked, any genuine divine religion gets provoked.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You know Sam, maybe they just need the attention.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

this is a double edged blade and the destiny of all christians to folly of facism. the ka was around way before bc and the image of a white jesus as a savior and lord to christians is tantamount to telling them they have to deceive their very existence or face the inquisition of people who hold that jesus is an image that represents christ for the self interest of the "conspirators". the greatest aspect of this deceit is in the function of "time" itself; as if before "this" point there existed no such thing as holiness and iniquity and antiquity are one and the same.

if u believe in jesus and julius is your lord and savior and commune in the congregation by eating his flesh as bread and blood as wine; you are christian? if u try and practice rites and read scriptures and believe yourself autonomous with blind faith in your belief; you are baptist? what makes u protestant anglican or "orthodox" as a christian but the politics involved in how others perceive your own practice and worship?

further if in america it is "evil" to say "gay" or to think that it is moral to claim someone is not receiving equal rights because a "gay" person says women can marry men; what is the issue outside of facism with portraying jesus as gay to potentially homosexual "christians" that want to reflect their own ka in their own image?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Very interesting, but it went over my head, will you swing that by me one more time.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
As per your example of your post,well done.

I am not using this as an excuse to hate a group of people who can't help being who there are.

I never said I hate Christians. The Gay strip club was a joke.

But I do hate the way Christians use the Bible to hate when the Bible teaches love.

Here we go,cause ANOK knows best.

LOL please explain how hate is going to get you into heaven eh?

Jesus wants us to know him and give up sin.

And that includes hating others who do not give up sin? I thought God was the only one allowed to judge?

God holds that monopoly,yet allows us all to make our own decissions.

Oh so if I decide to rape and murder I can still be a Christian?

So much love you have.

LOL I hate the haters, yet you feel justified to simply hate something you disagree with.

But again I don't hate, my opinion is based on love not hate. You are simply projecting your hate again.

But then I'm not the one preaching Christianity, you are, I am not the hypocrite here..

The Chatholic church isn`t my house! its as much yours as it is mine.

I don't think any gay persons house is yours either. You just don't get it do you?

How is the church mine? I'm not a Christian.

The only hate speech that I can see that is allowed to continue here on ATS unabated is toward Christians.

To be expected and was foretold.

Typical, you hate on other people all the time, using the Bible to justify it, and you have the nerve to whine because I point out some truths? How is it unabated when I was reacting to your hate of gays, you're full of it mate. You just don't like your hypocrisy being exposed.

edit on 4/27/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
ANOK,

I don't think it is necessarily hate, yes, my mom taught me I would go to hell if I sinned, but it wasn't because she hated me, she believed it and didn't want me to suffer, that is love, although it scared the bejeebers outta me,

I never taught my children that, I don't think there is a literal hell, Hope I am right.

Now, are they angry? I guess.

Walking a mile in one anothers shoes is what is needed, both sides feel persecuted.
edit on 023030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

How very strange.
Your attacks made me go back and read what provoked you.
I never read anything hateful from your "target" and all you do is claim you are only loving people and you come off as angry and hateful, twisting things out of context to create a landing place for your attacks.
So, where did you find the quotes for your hate rant and what exactly is supposed to come across as love by you?

I think you are projecting again.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If Jesus were alive today, most Christian churches would not even want him at their services. God made homosexuals. Why wouldn't Jesus love them?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If Jesus were alive today, most Christian churches would not even want him at their services. God made homosexuals. Why wouldn't Jesus love them?

Jesus never had a church, and yes, modern Christianity has little in common with the original, but most Christians are pretty tame.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by ANOK

How very strange.
Your attacks made me go back and read what provoked you.
I never read anything hateful from your "target" and all you do is claim you are only loving people and you come off as angry and hateful, twisting things out of context to create a landing place for your attacks.
So, where did you find the quotes for your hate rant and what exactly is supposed to come across as love by you?

I think you are projecting again.

The hate of others is what provoked me. Don't tell me Christians don't hate. You might read my posts as hateful, but you miss the point.

I don't hate a group of people who can't help being who they are, I am not the Christian who is supposed to love.
I am hating the sin Christians are perpetuating.

But of course you are not going to argue this rationally, you are simply going to defend your faith. You'll try to make me look like the hater when Christians have a looong history of hate and violence.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

and gay priests molest children.
And gay men molest boys that are not clergy.
Both are abhorent.
But what does that have to do with the guy you are attacking?
Nothing.
So what isssssssss your point?
Can you actually talk to a person based on what is stated in this forum? Or is it too hard for you to read what they say and critique them on content instead of the rumors and gossip you preach about, outside of school?
I got a post deleted for being within topic addressing what another person brought up as a point, stating I somehow made a personal attack.
You seem to do this in every post never even coming close to what the guy said that you are attacking.

go figure

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I will not bow down to your feeble attempt at intimidating Christians

if you call pointing to scripture as an attempt to intimidate then i think your the own with feeble logic.

..protect your choice of your way of life

assume much?

You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you.

I do not remember hearing your opinion or addressing it up until this moment...

I will not even attempt to respond to your flawed logic

seems to me you are by this post.. a side stepping response, but a response none the less..

I think reeferman is trying to stir up a bunch of conflict between the 100 million Christians and the half million or so gay people in this country.

just pointing out that everyone has their right to an opinion & an interpretation of the Gospels, as well as their own personal relationship with Jesus.. there are Biblical & non to back up both sides.. you just did not want to hear an opposition I take it.

If he's gay, which I doubt, he's not very smart, neglecting the best interest of his kind.

please clarify what exactly is my "kind"? who else do you categorize as not having the best interest of their "kind"? why do you feel people should be only be on their "kinds" side? this is a borderline racist statement and at the very least shows a close minded dismissal of opinions that are outside of what you personally think, due to region, lifestyle, or family bloodline, etc must have, according to your conclusions in your little world..

He gets to blasphemy Christians and Gays this way.

Definition of BLASPHEMY
1 a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God
b : the act of claiming the attributes of deity
2: irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable

how exactly does blasphemy apply toward homosexuality? oh thats right, it does not.

I can't say that I am a hundred percent sure that Jesus wasn't gay

the only tidbit of truth in your post. at least we now say we agree on something. now as to your motivation of your post that is still to be determined, as you have repeated my point you are ticked of about.

how would Jesus gain respect amongst the straight people of his time if he was gay?

how was he to gain respect by pissing off the Sanhedrin? or stealing the Torah? or calling Himself the Messiah? or saying He spoke to the Prophets of old as I AM? scripture says the Lord works in mysterious ways, does it not?

Not much has really changed in two thousand years.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

and I am not the first, nor the last to ask the logical question of why Jesus did not follow not only the normal but Jewish tradition of being betrothed & married..

The Talmud (Babylonian edition) records other sins of "Jesus the Nazarene": 2 He was sexually immoral, worshipped statues of stone (a brick is mentioned), was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness, and refused to repent (Sanhedrin 107b; Sotah 47a).

source

edit on 27-4-2012 by reeferman because: souce link

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join