It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Objects to Film With Gay Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

no, you are making things up and projecting them on people in this thread.
Your posts should all be deleted as you have offered nothing that is edifying to anyone here.

Why are you so angry at people you do not know for reasons they never commited?

btw, I hate gossips.
I do not hate gays.savvy?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Those of a kind are those who show kinship because of relationships of their belief or belonging to a group of individuals. I am surprised that you have no knowledge of this. Members of a church or organization are those of a kind. Members of a country are those of a kind. I am of Finnish descent so I have ties to these people, they are of my kind. I have friends of many kinds. Being of a race is being of a kind. People stuck on belonging to one kind of of people are not of my kind. I do not think you are of my kind either.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's not hate?

“Good Christians” Beating Up Gays In TN—Literally

Good Christian Pastor Orders Congregation to Beat Gay Son

Evangelical Christians Beating Gays in the Name of God

They must have got beaten up for love eh?

Well the OT had some harsh laws, we all know that, but I don't know of anyone personally that condones this kind of behavior.

I said most, but, there are gay Christians also, and there are gay clergy,
edit on 033030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by ANOK

no, you are making things up and projecting them on people in this thread.
Your posts should all be deleted as you have offered nothing that is edifying to anyone here.

What am I making up?

Why are you so angry at people you do not know for reasons they never commited?

btw, I hate gossips.
I do not hate gays.savvy?

Who said I'm angry? I type with love not anger. I also never said you hate gays, but Christians as a group do.

You might not see all the anti-gay christian propaganda as hate, but gays do. What do you think perpetuates anti-gay sentiment? You Christians, the bastions of morality, should be preaching love, understanding, acceptance, not trying to force your morality on others.

Typically when you are criticized, it's hate for Christians, you will deny and accuse me of being the hater.

Christianity is a choice, you don't like being hated for it, you can stop being a christian, Gays do not have that choice.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He wasn't gay he had a wife, although she was killed on the road post resurrection/recussitation, probably in vengeance against him, for making fools of them all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

I am not using this as an excuse to hate a group of people who can't help being who there are.

Those making the movie? those laughing at Christians about it or gays?

I never said I hate Christians. The Gay strip club was a joke.

But I do hate the way Christians use the Bible to hate when the Bible teaches love.

When I was a teen and in a my first job outside of school,before I became a Christian myself,there was one young little guy everybody liked in a very rough male workforce of about 60,he was a Christian non pushy just a great little guy (this is going back 30 odd years) he didn`t come to work one day,we found out that he was out giving paphlets the night before and was set upon by a group of non believers which landed him in intensive care,I went to visit him when I could and couldn`t recognise his face.This plus much much more lead me to start asking myself about the existence of God.

I see your hate like those who have jumped into this and so many other threads sprouting we cause this.Not much unlike the hate it would take to physically do that to someone else.

I`ve been hit on by gays and touched inapropriately by a few gays,I never hit them,though I`m supposed to love by telling them what and who Love is,so that then they can laugh and spit and make jokes of myself and God.

But you`ll defend these guys no less because they cannot help it,they had no choice.

(by the way your jokes suck if thats an example,but thats just my opinion)

LOL please explain how hate is going to get you into heaven eh?

I`ll get to heaven I have no doubt,whether God thinks I`m worthy to stay is up to Him alone.

And that includes hating others who do not give up sin? I thought God was the only one allowed to judge?

I see most things as just being human nature,which is a problem all of us face.

Oh so if I decide to rape and murder I can still be a Christian?

Are you thinking of doing this first and then becoming one after or something?

LOL I hate the haters, yet you feel justified to simply hate something you disagree with.

But again I don't hate, my opinion is based on love not hate. You are simply projecting your hate again.

But then I'm not the one preaching Christianity, you are, I am not the hypocrite here..

Yes because hyocrite only applies to Christians from your point of view.

I don't think any gay persons house is yours either. You just don't get it do you?

How is the church mine? I'm not a Christian.

If I don`t belong to a religious church that does those things how is that possible,you just don`t get it do you?

Typical, you hate on other people all the time, using the Bible to justify it,

Your full of it,how could you possibly know me all the time.

and you have the nerve to whine because I point out some truths? How is it unabated when I was reacting to your hate of gays, you're full of it mate. You just don't like your hypocrisy being exposed.

The truth according to ANOK sounds like a book tittle.

Read this thread the OP then watch all those coming in to slam and laugh just as those movie makers,then one Christian gets hit by an off topic post,I thought these type of hate threads and comments were supposed to be dealt with more harshly on ATS as of the recent announcement Mods have been here, yet bash away.

I`ve had gay friends,I know gay people who don`t see this supposed hate I have that you say I do.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I also never said you hate gays, but Christians as a group do.

No no, the majority of Christians do not hate gays, they may disapprove, just like they disapprove of many things they see as sins, but they don't hate,

They are not supposed to anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
First Bert and Ernie and now Jesus.

Why can't gays just be gay. Why the incessant need to make or show others as being gay? I do not understand. How exactly does this help the LGBTG community? It really seems to me to be a childish tactic used to rub ppl the wrong way. What they should be doing is continuing to spread awareness that they are equals to heterosexuals, not by creating gays, but by educating ppl/

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

"Christian Group Objects to Film With Gay Jesus"

Sounds like a veiled nuance of contempt by the NBC affliate in the Bay Area to me. That said I was disappointed to read that cast & crew members were, or are, receiving death threats. Granted I think this sort of "artistic expression" reflects poor taste, but poor taste doesn't justify violence or threat of violence.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Those of a kind are those who show kinship because of relationships of their belief or belonging to a group of individuals. I am surprised that you have no knowledge of this. Members of a church or organization are those of a kind. Members of a country are those of a kind. I am of Finnish descent so I have ties to these people, they are of my kind. I have friends of many kinds. Being of a race is being of a kind. People stuck on belonging to one kind of of people are not of my kind. I do not think you are of my kind either.

I am surprised that you have no knowledge of this.

to what you were referencing was the question.. of course I have an understanding of the definition.. its your condescension that you know best for this group & exactly as to what you were inferring with your innuendo which was the question posed to you..
i am surprised that you could not follow the statement.. but it was a good attempt but not a successful deflection to skip around the topic..

your original wording referring to me in the third person..

If he's gay, which I doubt, he's not very smart, neglecting the best interest of his kind.

so now that you have established that you do not know me and doubt yourself I am gay.. to which my wife laughed & wholeheartedly agreed with.. what exactly is your point? what would be "the best interest" of those "kind" of people that you were referring to? since you cherry picked your response to my reply..

lets see..

I can't say that I am a hundred percent sure that Jesus wasn't gay, but how would Jesus gain respect amongst the straight people of his time if he was gay?
you agreed with my original point.. so whats your problem?

obviously by your own words you put yourself into a category of my "kind".. you can not say one hundred percent he was not homosexual.. I even had references to back my statements up on both sides of the topic.. Jesus being fond of Mary in a possible relationship manner, along with breaking from traditions & religious writings accusing Jesus of being sexually immoral..

so it would not be in the best interest of Jesus to be homosexual in order to gain respect of the people in his time? I take it you were there when the Holy Trinity were discussing how best for the Messiah to have his image perceived by the Hebrews of that time whilst going about saving all of humanity's soul's from eternal damnation?

and if I were gay and defending the movie with scriptural understanding, in your judgmental view, what exactly should those "kind" of people be doing in your infinite knowledge? you have made clear that production of this movie would not be one of them but, do you need time to consult your gay friends for a politically correct course of action or did you take notes at the Trinity meeting?

and whats with all this?

People stuck on belonging to one kind of of people are not of my kind. I do not think you are of my kind either.
so let me get this straight, after agreeing with my "kind" you then declare people stuck on belonging to one "kind" are not your "kind" while you separated yourself from my "kind" & drew a line to distinguish your "kind"... are you not doing the very thing you profess to abhor? so you do not like yourself?

i look forward to your enlightenment so I may pass it along to my homosexual friends, as well as sharing with the other members here on ATS do too, I am sure.. That is until the mods remove my post...

who knows.. we may be of the same "kind", as in being a Father, having kids, being a husband, being in the same human condition for that matter, seeking knowledge, studying scripture, maybe be along the same conspiracies lines, maybe play the same pc games, maybe you surf, i really do not know nor had the chance to.. the similarities could go on & on.. peace..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing that at one time would make me very angry. But since I know these things must happen before Jesus returns, I no longer get so angry. God says Vengeance belongs to Him...He will repay these amoral people who were behind this. But look up Christians, because each day we draw nearer to Jesus return.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Judging by the majority of responses in this thread from believers. I'd say the question that needs to be asked is

"How strong is your belief?"

If your faith is shaken and undermined by something as trivial as a movie (that you are not even required to view) then you are already doubting the validity of your belief.

To the American participants:
You live in a secular nation and generally profess the need for "freedom", true freedom requires that all be free to express their view (in a non destructive or violent manner). Take it away from one group, no matter how offensive YOU may find it, and you remove it for all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

If your faith is shaken and undermined by something as trivial as a movie (that you are not even required to view) then you are already doubting the validity of your belief.

I didn't notice, not sure what you mean by shaken.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think they would refer to your kind now adays as a troll. I am not a troll. I will however stand up for others when I see someone saying or doing unjustified things.

edit on 27-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible
Judging by the majority of responses in this thread from believers. I'd say the question that needs to be asked is

"How strong is your belief?"

Who`s faith was shaken and undermined by a stupid filthy movie lmao,threads and posts getting slammed by non believers such as this only strengthens.I saw not one persons faith shaken.Your eye`s see what they want.

Do you really honestly think that a person who may watch South Park and see something disgusting depicted that they are going to say,oh crap I`ve been wrong all along? or that its just more par for the coarse of society getting more corrupted and many people call that progress.

Of coarse the vality of Christ and God will be attacked and mocked,what more can people do other than attack those that believe or put effort into stunting anyone else from believing such as this thread has demonstrated along with countless others.Thats their MO some realise that some don`t have a clue.

Christians do not own or run the world,their goal is the next.When Jesus was tempted He was offered the world by the dude that runs it,not by God.If you can not see that look out your window or turn on your tv to see who runs it.

Then when these things are pointed out,there are screams of deluded whingers your the cause of all the trouble!

But along the way someone may hear and see.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I don't like movies like that either because it can discredit the christian faith in the eyes of the young. This kind of conditioning of young isn't right. Christians are mostly good people. There may be a few groups of radical Christians but most of them just want to bring up their kids to be good moral people. I am not against this because Christianity is being challenged, I do not like when the faith of any moral group of people is challenged.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

the only one who was trolling was you..

Troll
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

by definition..

now your really Finnish(ed)..

dont start nothing.. (ie troll) and there wont be nothing..

there was a discussion going on before you trolled in..
edit on 27-4-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

We all are in this together, we should all respect one another.

So who is being disrespected here?

One option is that the person being disrespected it's Jesus Christ right? Well Jesus isn't exactly around to get offended is he? It's been about 2000 years since the supposed life of Christ.

Second of all what exactly do they think is DISRESPECTFUL about a gay version of Jesus? Claiming that a gay Jesus is disrespectful seems, well, disrespectful to gays. I used to be a Christian and never once did I think that Jesus' sexual orientation had ANY sway on the validity of his moral or religious teachings. The Golden Rule doesn't become less valid moral advice based on whether Jesus was straight or gay.

Religious institutions always raise this kind of fake outrage. I can remember watching a debate between members of Monty Python and clergymen based on their film Life of Brian, which wasn't even directly about Jesus at all. Seems society hasn't progressed much in the three decades since that film was released.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
He wasn't gay he had a wife, although she was killed on the road post resurrection/recussitation, probably in vengeance against him, for making fools of them all.

that certainly is

a possible scenario...

although the death part is new to me..

that would mean she never fled...

to France..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer
I know this had been said many times, but hey I think I'll say it again. You don't like? You don't watch. I think it is quite funny here that none of the Christians in this thread so far has condemned the bomb threats. They claim they are so much better than their other counterparts, yet here they are going bonkers over a movie that might offend their sensibilities.

maybe the bomb threats haven't been condemned because it has only been alleged to have been made by christians... The only Christians I have heard of that might do that don't live on any American continent..

I'm a Christian and I do not condone bomb threats at all, I think if you are going to blow something up, you should just DO IT, and keep your mouth shut about it, not go calling people on the phone and make threats...that's just dumb

Also, I know literally hundreds of Christians, and not one of them would ever call someone making bomb threats..

I think it was definitely NOT CHRISTIANS who made these bomb threats, and then some moron just said it was Christians for lack of having a real suspect...( or, it has to be a Christian, because no one else is against gays?) rediculous.. There are lot more people against gays than there are Christians against gays.

The pastor of the Christian church I attend is a left wing liberal and supports anything gays want (totally the truth)

Most of the people there, are all left wing liberal nuts, except they also call themselves Christian.. It is funny how all the self righteous liberals assume anyone against them must be right wing and Christian, but the truth is there are just many people who know right from wrong, and condemn what is wrong and promote what is right..

Amazing concept isn't it..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join