It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Indeed! It makes me wonder his/her intentions.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

There are a ton of positive rap songs out there. Why are you talking about a genre you have proven time and time again to know nothing about?

edit on 27-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

if some rap is manufactured by major labels to mould mindsets among the public, and eminem is part of that then 3 things make sense immediately.

Dre was in nwa, who are implicated in the articles as being one of the groups either voluntarily or otherwise made to be involved in this, he also managed slim who managed 50. Then later eminem releases relapse, in which there's a track about eminem trying to get clean and dre pushing him back into his old ways. I don't pay heaps of attention to his career to be honest but the next thing I noticed was he was following jay z everywhere as if now being managed by him. If we were talking about mind control jay z would be his handler, but since we aren't lets just call it very sophisticated & ruthless manipulative business practices, like black mail, getting people hooked on substances & good old fashioned threats against lives. Lets say for the sake of this hypothetical that jay z, like dre, is in on this behind closed doors stuff, then when he makes an appearence on letterman with eminem at his side, eminem looks completetly forced to be there doing any & all of it including the rooftop performance which somehow was to a 99% white audience full of geeky teens... ponder that for a minute considering that nothing on tv is spontanious, everything is planned... the marketing direction an image like that conveys. Anyway, my point is, if all of this stuff is true then it explains why eminem looks so uncomfortable saying this 'top 10' bit on letterman, sheds new light on it kind of thing...

if you listen to his voice carefully when he says certain words you can hear the disgust or unwillingness to speak them, and if you watch his eyes they say the same thing, either in letterman's reactions, what he has to do, or both.

I personally feel sorry for him because he has a family to look after and thus if were being forced or manipulated to do things would not have much choice but to oblige.

We can only speculate...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Lack of knowledge does not equate to fear. Half of thing things you've posted in this thread has just been flat out wrong.

Wrong or Opinion.

“Don't confuse facts with reality.”~Robert D. Ballard

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hey i didn't know Tom Cruise was in Saw

Second.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i can certainly see this being true

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sonnny1

Hey i didn't know Tom Cruise was in Saw

Second.

You didn't know Hollywood was controlled By Tom Cruise either ?

You need to connect the dots Neo. Tom Cruise controls EVERYTHING.

I "SAW" it in this beautiful cloud formation yesterday........

I think I might Make a Gangsta Rap,about it........

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
"Another hot summer yo, they 'bout to flood the prisons, This ain't no do diddley, it's a do somethin'"

"Head right get a third strike, hit the turnpike
Life quicker than spliff that wouldn't burn right
Make you wanna holla 'bout it
It ain't no doubt about it
Every now and then you gotta stand up and shout about it
And I'll be shoutin' it to, as if a shout'll count
Yo they got accountin' to do, reamount the ballot
The # more puzzlin' than a jigsaw
Raw pitbulls hustlin' through the pitfalls"

"Whoever in the dark is unseen and heard
Let's submerge, I can feel something close we on the verge
Talkin' bout, to my street sweepers, hotel housekeepers
And my people spillin' this out through jail house speakers
Some people rather use than might than use heaters
Some people rather lose they life than lose freedom"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by MasterGemini

There are a ton of positive rap songs out there.

That's like switching from Coke to Diet Coke, thinking its better for you.

Negative rap songs DOMINATE positive rap songs in number. Chances are, if you listen to one "nice" rap song, 10 bad songs are ready to be clicked on next.

Eminem's song "Not Afraid" is pretty uplifting with its message. Funny, last album he was bathing in a tub of blood and killing people with a steak knife

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I rember back in the day when NWA and Ice-T were the enemies of the FBI and the police.

I remember when they wanted to ban Ice-T's "Cop Killer" record. And it wasnt even Hip Hop. It was Punk Rock.

And they DID ban the 2 Live Crew. But it was overturned. Hooray for free speech!

If it wasnt for Luke and the 2 Live Crew fighting in court.

You may not have alot of things that you enjoy watching or listening to.

For all of you that are obviously not reading the entire thread.

You should thank Hip Hop

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Lack of knowledge does not equate to fear.

Are you serious? I guess "What you dont know, wont hurt you?" eh?

Half of thing things you've posted in this thread has just been flat out wrong.

Hey, at least you understood the other half !

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Actually I'd probably say there's just as many negative rap songs as there are positive ones as there are neutral

Pretty much the same with every genre

Why speak on a genre that you don't listen to? And one that you know nothing about.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

My friend........it all ties in once you take a closer look. Good post
i never saw that video b4.

NWA and Tupac albums both dropped prior to the 1992 L.A Riots. In both these albums, white people are dissed. Its like they charged up the black community so they were a hair away from violence.

Then a random person happens to be filming when Rodney King gets beat up by 4-5 white police officers = riots occur. I wonder what music they played in the background?

Tupac and Biggie both getting murdered without any shooters arrested was the next plot. Few years later comes Eminem/50 Cent.

edit on 27-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Talk about sheer ignorance of the situation...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Why speak on a genre that you don't listen to?

Ive listened to rap for the past 10 years, only just this year stopping after seeing how it effects the mind and the people around me. I know a lot more about this genre than you might think, along with many other genres. Me not feeding my brain with rap doesn't exclude me from the topic.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If you listened to it then you wouldn't say the majority is negative. Not buying it.

It's like saying most movies are negative because there's a genre called "horror".

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

This is the state of mainstream modern rap. It isn't negative for the most part and it surely isn't gangsta at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If you listened to it then you wouldn't say the majority is negative. Not buying it.

I'm 20 years old, grew up in the Bay Area and attended many freestyle battles in Oakland, even filming my friend perform. You dont have to buy anything, my life is my life. Ive been arrested multiple times for crimes that i now equate with rap. In jail, i made beats for older rappers using my hands because im very good at percussion. I met many rappers locked up and also many killers, gang members and bank robbers. I see how rap effects people. I blame my whole 6-month sentence on Eminem and Tupac. Seriously. My first rap album was The Eminem Show, and my best friend who was black, introduced me to Tupac. I never turned back.

Just this year, it all hit me. After years of deciphering Tupac lyrics, Eminem songs like "My Darling" and DMX songs like Damien III, i started to pick up a theme. Its all a conspiracy. It always has been.

Honestly, i find it funny most cant catch onto it. Its rather blatant.

This is the state of mainstream modern rap. It isn't negative for the most part and it surely isn't gangsta at all.

Posting Nicki Minaj video's and saying its not negative is ridiculous. Remember her song "Super Bass"? Sound like "Superb Ass" to you?

TPTB are having a field day with all the subliminals they get to hide in music these days. Girls by the millions are looking up to this chick with her boobs popping out and tight clothing. Sure guys like it, but its destroying young women everywhere. The pressure to look "good" is insane.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

So you blame rap beause YOU committed crimes. Righhhhhhht. Why don't you take some personal responsibility? You chose to become a criminal. I've listened to rap all of my life and never once was arrested.

Whats wrong with having a superb ass? How is superb ass in the least bit negative?

And the Nicki Minaj song I posted was not negative. It's a song about being happy and wanting to have the moment for life. She isn't dressed provocatively in that video at all as well

Why are you blaming hip hop on skimpy clothes?

Everything is a conspiracy to you....

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join