It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think the real reason for the hatred of rap/hip hop is its crossover appeal...not only was it appealing to a wide cross section of America as seen in this video:

Rap/Hip Hop with the Irish Catholic twist.

it didn't involve people adopting something foreign to themselves but enhancing something that they already had.

This is American rap with a Hindu flavor:

Rap/HipHop has obviously successfully been used as a powerful weapon of cultural warfare and has been nearly impossible to counter.

that is the only reason i can see for linking it to prison populations.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here is 50 Cents first reaction to Alicia Keys calling Gangsta Rap a "conspiracy"

"I don't like Alicia Keys no more though … the same reason why I said that I don't like Oprah Winfrey. I'm prejudiced. I don't like people who don't like me. If you don't like the content that I write because of my experiences; I am being who I am when I am writing it. I fall into that 'label' as far as you considering artists creating 'Gangsta music,' we fall into that. If she don't like that, (then) I don't like that classical music # she be doing. At some point she's playing some # that don't relate to me. We listen to it and try to figure out why people actually enjoy it. I am trying to enjoy it. That statement changes my perception of Alicia Keys totally. But the magazine is standing behind it, which means they probably have a tape of her in conversation saying it. It's just not really a bright comment anyway."

Source

Ever think Alicia and 50 are working for the same team like Democrat vs Republican candidates are? Publicity stunt? Seeing how we will react? Alicia Keys just blurted out this whole conspiracy that we are talking about right now, years ago. Nothing happened. They log data and move on.

Where are the conspiracy theorists around here!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I used to love that Truth Hurts song, haven't heard that in a long time.

Still, I'm not buying this story. what about violent movies about gangsters, drug dealers and such? They would have at least the same influence.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In college I lived in the city and remember walking down the street and hearing this song coming out of a Cadillac.

As I walked past the car the person sitting in passengers seat listening was an older Indian (from India) woman.

This is the real reason for the hatred of Rap/Hip Hop...it demonstrated an appeal and accomplished something that no other genre of music accomplished...

its appeal had no borders.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

i don't know...maybe Anders Brevik was influenced by Rap/Hip Hop...do you think?

we know he loves the video games...
edit on 27-4-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Jeah, it just seems this piece was written to blame rap music for everything that is wrong with society.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by holywar666

Could it be the directors way of stating HIS position,not the rappers?

Positions like this?

Fugees Video Director Accused of Incest
www.thedailybeast.com...

Aswad Ayinde, the New Jersey man who is charged with having six children with his daughters between the 1980s and 2002, directed the award-winning music video for “Killing Me Softly” by the Fugees. Ayinde allegedly delivered his daughters’ babies himself, and he has nine kids with his ex-wife and three more with two other women in Brooklyn. "He said the world was going to end, and it was just going to be him and his offspring and that he was chosen," his ex-wife said at a hearing. Ayinde is charged with 27 charges including aggravated sexual assault, child endangerment, and criminal sexual contact.

Fugees video director 'had six children with own daughters to preserve his own bloodline and survive Doomsday'
pseudoccultmedia.blogspot.com...

[This is the kind of person MTV employs to make videos and gives awards to. Sounds like typical end times cult MK programming used here by this depraved sociopath (and used by many "cult leaders" before him), who may be programmed himself ('monsters' like that are not born as 'monsters'). By the way, just to reiterate once this weight has been lifted (finishing education) in about a month I should be able to return to normal posting (want to do one on the recent death of Corey Haim/Lost Boys and such) and catch up on emails, so apologiez for the inactivity. EDIT: Thought I should let people know, if they see this anyway, that the blog is on hiatus until late April so I can focus on work so don't expect new stuff till then. Daily Mail article.]

An award-winning video director repeatedly raped his daughters to create a 'pure' bloodline that would survive Doomsday, a court has heard.

Aswad Ayinde, who won an MTV award for directing The Fugees' 'Killing Me Softly' [good song, always found the video to be very boring personally], fathered six children with his daughters from the mid-1980s until 2002, New Jersey prosecutors said.

Many of the rapes took place in an abandoned funeral home. He even delivered the babies himself in a bid to keep his depraved plot secret.

'Depraved': Aswad Ayinde is accused of raping his daughters in a funeral home

Ayinde, 51, also had nine children with his former wife, Beverly, and amother three with two other women in Brooklyn, according to court documents.

Testifying at a pre-trial hearing in New Jersey, Beverly Ayinde said: 'He said the world was going to end, and it was just going to be him and his offspring and that he was chosen.'

Ayinde, also known as Charles McGill, faces the first of five trials next month - one for each daughter he allegedly abused, said prosecutor Lisa Squitieri.

The video director faces 27 charges including aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, lewdness, child endangerment, aggravated criminal sexual contact and criminal sexual contact.

A young woman who said Ayinde was her father answered the door at the home but refused to talk about the case.

Yea, this kind of behavior never occurs in the real world!

How dare you accuse people of things just because they put it in a music video!

I don't know, maybe it is just his 'artistic' expression. . .
edit on 27-4-2012 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Rapper Charged with Murder: Human Flesh Found In Stomach
(Rapper Big Lurch) www.freerepublic.com...

Antron Singleton aka "Big Lurch," an up-and-coming rapper from Texas, was charged with murdering a Los Angeles woman in April, after a detective's report showed there were teeth marks on her face and lungs, which were torn from her chest, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Due to the extreme nature of the crime, Singleton was being held without bail until his arraignment on June 13.

A medical examination conducted shortly after his arrest, found flesh in Singleton's stomach that wasn't his own.

In Compton Superior Court Wednesday, Los Angeles Detective Raymond Jankowski said he found the body of the Tynisha Ysais, 21, Singleton's alleged victim, in her apartment with her chest torn open. Jankowski also reported that he found a three-inch blade broken off in the victim's shoulder blade and her lungs appeared to be chewed and torn.

"Her chest was open, exposing internal organs," Jankowski told the Los Angeles Times.

A friend of Ysais, Alisa Allen, reported that she saw Singleton naked in the street, covered in blood, staring at the sky. After contacting the police, who arrested Singleton, Allen then discovered Ysais lying dead in her apartment.

According to reports, Ysais' boyfriend admitted that he and Singleton were smoking PCP the night before the murder.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), PCP is a white powdery drug that generally causes abusers to become disturbed, delusional, violent, paranoid and fearful when it is sniffed, smoked, or eaten.

Davey D, a hip-hip activist of www.daveyd.com, said he got to know Singleton when he worked as a personality at California radio station KMEL 106.1. He said the crime that Singleton is accused of doesn't fit his personality nor is it indicative of hip-hop music. "I don't think this fits anyone's rap persona. PCP is capable of taking anyone out of their mind. This is bigger then hip-hop," he told BET.Com.

"It begs to question what is going on that so many people feel they got to take a mind altering substance to remove them from their natural mind state," he queried. "At times the world is a crazy place and this situation with Big Lurch proves that."

As Big Lurch, Singleton has rapped with popular rappers like Jive Records' artist Mystikal and E-40 of California.

Hey RealSpoke, just so you can't pull the race card like earlier (clown ass move you did there lol)

Michael Miller, Arizona Man, Sang Eminem While Stabbing Family: Police
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A disturbing story out of Arizona: a 29-year-old man has told police that he sang Eminem songs while fatally stabbing his wife and daughter, KSAZ-TV reports. His 4-year-old son survived the attack, despite being stabbed 11 times. According to police, the man, Michael Miller, said he was possessed and believed that his wife was a demon.

More chilling details:

Just before stabbing her at 4 a.m., he told police he started screaming lyrics from an Eminem song, saying, "Here comes Satan, I'm the anti-Christ, I'm going to kill you."

Miller admitted to police that when the kids awoke to their mother's screams, he stabbed them too. He said he stabbed his son Brian the most because he loved him the most.

Then he rolled a cigarette, said another prayer, and called 911, police say.

Maybe it is all just a coincidence?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I don't see what those stories have to do with hip hop in general.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Rap is simply poetry to a beat . . . .

This was accomplished a looooooooong time ago.

The whole need to take it over was because it was positive and the powers that be would were not going to have anything to do with the positive direction rap was taking.

Binary Star
en.wikipedia.org...

Binary Star is a hip hop group formed in 1998 that was composed of One Be Lo and Senim Silla. One Be Lo met Senim Silla, and the two formed Binary Star during their time in Hiawatha Correctional Facility.[1] One Be Lo took the time to gather extensive knowledge about the music industry, including copyrights, publishing, and how to successfully start a record company. In his own words, he "learned how to hustle legally".

Why do you think the video starts with a clip from THEY LIVE?
en.wikipedia.org...

I suggest you go back and read the actual lyrics that go to the beat.
Then go learn about the occult.

Mind over matter is a fact and they feed this pop-trash right into the heads of listeners for them to manifest the lyrics . . .

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
Here is 50 Cents first reaction to Alicia Keys calling Gangsta Rap a "conspiracy"

"I don't like Alicia Keys no more though … the same reason why I said that I don't like Oprah Winfrey. I'm prejudiced. I don't like people who don't like me. If you don't like the content that I write because of my experiences; I am being who I am when I am writing it. I fall into that 'label' as far as you considering artists creating 'Gangsta music,' we fall into that. If she don't like that, (then) I don't like that classical music # she be doing. At some point she's playing some # that don't relate to me. We listen to it and try to figure out why people actually enjoy it. I am trying to enjoy it. That statement changes my perception of Alicia Keys totally. But the magazine is standing behind it, which means they probably have a tape of her in conversation saying it. It's just not really a bright comment anyway."

Source

Ever think Alicia and 50 are working for the same team like Democrat vs Republican candidates are? Publicity stunt? Seeing how we will react? Alicia Keys just blurted out this whole conspiracy that we are talking about right now, years ago. Nothing happened. They log data and move on.

Where are the conspiracy theorists around here!

Im here, Okay.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

I don't see what those stories have to do with hip hop in general.

It was a response to the posters opinion about the satanic themed videos of Jay-Z and Kanye.

I was simply providing evidence that the directors do in fact follow this ideology.

The others show the influence rap can have, I suggest you go back to the eminem story and LISTEN (not hear, I mean the lyrics) to the song the guy was listening to , then tell me it can't influence.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This makes total, sense, if you have limited or no knowledge of the history of Hip-Hop and their real life experiences. These are real people from hard lives, not all but alot of the old schoolers, Easy-E even in a interview told us how he used to force people to buy his albums with a gun when he first started..

By the way, Tupac would have blown his nut if he knew somebody like Eminem and 50 cent remade his album and made money off it. If you do some real research and look at it from a non conspiracy point of view to begin with you will actually find some truth, then research the conspiracy side of it and come to your own conclusion.

I agree though, music is power, and through hiphop you can send a very clear message, (just look at Immortal Tech) I believe alot of the rappers (mainstream) play on the conspiracy side of it because it brings attention, speculation. People talk alot about it and sometimes people who necessarily don't like the music listen to it just for that reason, so infact they are very smart in what they put in there.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Michael Jackson and Tupac talked..look at the result. People are afraid for their families and friends. Thats why prople don't talk.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Thanks for replying to this guy. Frankly, he's pulling some far-out-there claims and connections that have absolutely no base for supporting it as truth. Half those statements sound like they came off a 90's angelfire page with a bunch of one-liners.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
so, where is the OP?

This thread has been massively successful for him in just one day.

I hope no one finds him running down the street in his underwear, like that dude who made the Joseph Kony film.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

They don't have anything to do with hip hop

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Only1King
reply to post by skonaz

Michael Jackson and Tupac talked..look at the result. People are afraid for their families and friends. Thats why prople don't talk.

What would be your reaction if Tupac and Mike didnt die, are living outside this "small world" we think we are in, luxuriously, while TPTB sits back and documents our reaction ? We live in fear of a "terror" that never existed in the first place. If its all fake....... how stupid does that make you look?

Or should i side with you and "not talk" in fear of goverment snipers?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Um no one would be on ATS if they were afraid of their government

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Um no one would be on ATS if they were afraid of their government

You'd be surprised. A lot of major conspiracy theories on this website are highly flamed by posters. Complete ignorance. Ignorance = Fear

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join