It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
i'm listening to rap right now. in my senior quote in my high school yearbook in 1989 i quoted rap.

i went to prison and college.

i call it a full round education.

what will be your excuse for failure in life?

edit on 26-4-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

Couldn't agree more,

I grew up on alot of it and haven't felt the urge to cart myself off to prison.

How many people are involved in this industry ?

someone would have "talked" by now

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Heres another for consideration
edit on 27-4-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There's a scene in Red Dwarf where Cat is walking around the spaceship, pointing at thing while saying, "This is mine, this is mine, that is mine...eeeew! I don't like that, you can have that part." (It's funnier on screen).

michaelbrux, you seem to be doing this with these songs you're posting. No disrespect but I could pick a random a genre, then a random song, and find connections between them. It's a truism that all artistic ideas are derivative so that's not surprising.

Most things are difficult, if not impossible, to accurately define. Especially the precise point at which one thing becomes another. And yet, somehow we still 'know it when we see it'. And I'm watching these videos and just not seeing it. Sure they contain elements which fit your definitions, but as I said, pick a random genre and another random song and you'll get the same thing. Those songs aren't rap. They're just not. Not the old-school, new-school, or any other school.
edit on 27-4-2012 by jannerfish because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
reply to post by freakjive

1. Proof, his best friend, gets shot and killed outside a nightclub in the music video "Like Toy Soldiers" which came out in 2004. In 2006, Proof get shot and killed outside a night club.

2. After getting signed to Interscope Records, he put out his 1st big music video "My Name is" in January of 1999. In the video, Marilyn Manson raps 10 seconds of Eminem's lines. 4 months later the Columbine Massacre occurred, where Marilyn Manson was blamed for influencing the shooters. Not only were the shooters white, they mentioned Tupac in their diaries & wore backwards baseball caps.

3. The 8 mile film drops in 2002. Eminem is somehow now an actor, even winning an Academy Award for the project.

4. "3 a.m" by Eminem. This time on a clock face creates an upside down cross. In the ending of this video, after killing a bunch of people, he blatantly raises his arms to the sky and whispers "EV-IL RISEEE" multiple times.

5. Is it a coincidence that he shares his name with a brand of candy? M&M's are eaten by kids everywhere, way before Eminem. To think this was not brought up at the Illuminati table would be ridiculous. His protege "50 Cent" is the same way in how the name represents money/currency.

6. In 50 Cent's first big video after being signed to Interscope("In Da Club"), Eminem is shown in a white lab coat behind glass observing 50 Cent rap, as if its an experiment. Thats exactly what rap is. Nothing more than an experiment, while they sit back and see how we re-act.

7. Remember when Tupac got shot 5 times and survived? Remember when 50 Cent got shot 9 times and survived? Both fabricated and not true. Tupac mostly likely never died the 2nd time around either, so that means he is alive SOMEWHERE. Eminem produced Tupac's album "Loyal to the Game" and even talked with Tupacs mother. This could easily mean Eminem and Tupac have a relationship, and could have had one for years prior.

I know this doesnt PROVE slim was part of a Hip Hip conspiracy, i'm just challenging you to question more about his involvement. Could he have been secretly trained years before going public? Could Barack Obama have done the same thing?

(p.s: try finding pictures of Eminem young. There seems to be only 1 or 2. Maybe he was in on it from the start and they had full control over him?)

Of course the only time Eminem mentions pictures from his past, he mentions the one above (In the song "We Made You")

edit on 26-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

Challenge accepted

OK Em started as a battle rapper. So good, Dr Dre didnt even know he was a white guy. He wanted to sign him regardless.

He placed 2nd in the Rap Olympics. You have to have straight up skill to compete. The fans will crush you. The battle MC will destroy his opponent.

As far as Proof getting shot. S### happens.

Those Columbine kids had been listening to Manson waaaay before Em came out. Plus they were bullied and they sucked in general. People wore backwards baseball caps long before this. Marilyn had nothing to do with it, Yes white people kill other people too. Race has nothing to do with who was the shooter.Tupac would tell you the truth no matter what. regardless of his music, He was more than just a rapper.

Em won the Academy Award for best song. And it was an inspirational one. About starting at the bottom and actually making it. Not a bad song.

"3am"..... Like rappers cant rhyme about what we see in horror movies everyday?

He started of as M&M. (Marshall Mathers) get it? Im sure he couldnt use "M&M" because of copyright laws.

Heck, Notorious BIG couldnt profesionally use "Biggie Smalls" because a white kid owned the name.

"50 Cent" got his name from a local drug dealer of the same name.

They were in the lab like Fif was the 6 Million Dollar Man, They were helping create the next top rapper.
In hip hop you have to be #1. That what its based on. Bragging straight up.

Both 50 and Tupac really got shot. 50 still has a scar on his cheek and a bullet in his jaw.

Em did not ever met Pac. Ever. Em was working as dishwasher when Tupac was killed.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
When I was 13 or 14, half the guys I knew were bleaching their hair, and I was just another "Little Erica" from "White America"

Rap has had a major influence, but all music has. I'm not really subscribing to this theory.
edit on 27-4-2012 by BrittanyLea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I like to call myself a student of Hip Hop.

I have been a fan of the music since I heard "The Sugar Hill Gang" when I was 8 or 9.

Up until 1984, I rarely heard Rap music on the radio.

Living in the desert all my life, it was hard to get Hip Hop music. We had to get dubbed recordings of dubbed recordings of dubbed recordings. The sound wasnt too great, but the message was.

I listened to all the hip hop I could get my hands on. I was obsesed.

Public Enemy, Run DMC, Whodini, Fat Boys, Beasties, All of them.

Then in 1986. The God MC arrived and his name was Rakim.

Rakim elevated rhyme skill to the next level.

It was glorious.

The Golden Age had just begun.

Real Hip Hop is not dead.

You just have to find the underground MCs that are keeping the "realness" of Hip Hop culture alive.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
This is a really good read. No way to check it's authenticity, but very interesting.
The long and short of it is a closed door meeting happened that encouraged rappers to glorify criminal activity in order to fill new prisons for mad cash.

www.hiphopisread.com...

Very nice thread OP!!!

But there are also other forms in censoring the music industry, especially hip-hop. They way they replaced Outcast with The Black Eyed Peas, for instance.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hip Hoppers are the Mayans of the future. Everybody will think they were so intelligent and yet they will be extinct. Ha ha ha ha! Fools of many colors!!! Jump around, get emotional, slap your women, make babies, get checks, sell drugs to your neighbors, kill your race, kill your race, kill yourself. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If this is true, which is still a bit of a stretch, and hard evidence has to be presented to get there....

Then, I would think the private prison thing is just a ruse that was the lesser of evils, since they needed a reason for these music executives, albeit still a horrible example of controlled corruption. The actual damage was to society as a whole, which was the real target.

Really one small part of a larger global conspiracy to cause civil unrest and get control of government and world economy? Perhaps, but more likely than the narrow target of investing in prisons. David Wilcock would probably enjoy reading this.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
Hip Hoppers are the Mayans of the future. Everybody will think they were so intelligent and yet they will be extinct. Ha ha ha ha! Fools of many colors!!! Jump around, get emotional, slap your women, make babies, get checks, sell drugs to your neighbors, kill your race, kill your race, kill yourself. Pathetic.

the funny thing is that you think Mayans are extinct. I once met a girl who believed the Eskimos were extinct.

i didn't really know how to respond to her and i think i'll just let you continue to live your life as if the Mayans are extinct.

we'll all have a good laugh about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

"Word!"
(fist bump)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So,there is a difference between Hip Hop and Rap?

Did the name change somewhere along the way?

After reading that article,maybe there is a connection between calling it Rap music and the term Rap Sheet,which is a list of one's crimes?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

i have a decent rap sheet.

i use it to bolster my guerrilla credentials.

that you don't have one means that you are a bilderberger or illuminati.

those guys got clean rap sheets as well, do they not?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

After reading that article,maybe there is a connection between calling it Rap music and the term Rap Sheet,which is a list of one's crimes?

Hip Hop is the culture, Rapping and DJing is the musical part of it.

Graffitti art and breakdancing are part of Hip Hop.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I don't know what guys you are referring to,as far as having a "clean rap sheet" goes.

And congratulations on your credentials.

But that doesn't answer my question. I'm curious when the music changed from being called Hip Hop to Rap.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I like to call myself a student of Hip Hop.

I have been a fan of the music since I heard "The Sugar Hill Gang" when I was 8 or 9.

Up until 1984, I rarely heard Rap music on the radio.

Living in the desert all my life, it was hard to get Hip Hop music. We had to get dubbed recordings of dubbed recordings of dubbed recordings. The sound wasnt too great, but the message was.

I listened to all the hip hop I could get my hands on. I was obsesed.

Public Enemy, Run DMC, Whodini, Fat Boys, Beasties, All of them.

Then in 1986. The God MC arrived and his name was Rakim.

Rakim elevated rhyme skill to the next level.

It was glorious.

The Golden Age had just begun.

Real Hip Hop is not dead.

You just have to find the underground MCs that are keeping the "realness" of Hip Hop culture alive.

Well said...

Star for you.

This conspiracy story,is as good as this one. Unfortunately,its just that,a story,with NO real facts to back it up. Like ANY music,Rap music has evolved,devolved and evolved again. Technology,has evolved rappers also. Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone,(KRS-One), is one of the best MC ever.(Yeah,I put his whole name out there)

I believe you will see a reassurance of these type of rappers,in the near future. Its bound to come full circle,once again.

edit on 27-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I don't know what guys you are referring to,as far as having a "clean rap sheet" goes.

And congratulations on your credentials.

But that doesn't answer my question. I'm curious when the music changed from being called Hip Hop to Rap.

I answered you.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Hip Hop is the culture, Rapping and DJing is the musical part of it.

Graffitti art and breakdancing are part of Hip Hop.

Thanks for that reply.
(You can probably guess I am not a fan.)

I've seen all kinds of music used to influence people in bad directions. There's something for everyone!
I wasn't immune to it either. (Not Rap,but my own preferred genre.) I know that for a fact.
edit on 27-4-2012 by On the Edge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'm finding this more than a little hard to believe.

There are a number of reasons for the number number of people in jail in the US. The first would be the drug laws. Eighty five percent of crime is in one way or another associated with our current drug laws.

The second major contributing factor would be three strikes laws. Many many career criminals have been put behind bars for ever.

I don't think that it was an agreement between record execs and private jails. That just seems to simplistic to me.

I do believe that there could be an agreement now that they realize that music is such a powerful motivator of personal behavior. Eminem in his own music says,
"They say music can alter moods and talk to you.
But can it load a gun up for you and cock it too?
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude,
just tell the judge it was my fault, and I'll get sued.

See what these kids do, is, hear about us totin' pistols, and,
they wanna get one 'cuz they think the #*&$s cool,
not knowing we really just protectin' ourselves.
We entertainers, of course the $&#$s affectin' our sales,
you ignoramus. But music is reflection of self,
we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail..."

At the same time, I do not see the music execs as separate from prison system execs. They're all the same in their wild lust for money and power. They'll do anything to wage war against the people and get money. The music industry sees that people are very easily bored, and thus they will continue to shock people in any way they can to keep sales steady.

What they actually did was to take what is already happening in the lives of plenty of people, and put that into music. That is how they connect to you, and it's the only way they can. They can't sing about glowing rainbow unicorns because people would say, WTH, and turn it off. (Or, maybe it would work, since sometimes anything that catches us off guard or as wild and stupid, can make us laugh.)

But, there were millions of people going through this, and if anyone is going to "get in touch" with those people, the music and entertainment industry will. It had to happen, and it will continue to.

That said, these people have no limits on how low they will go. They will make music about anything, even if it ruins people's lives, and they do, and it does. Anything you are feeling, music can bring that to the surface. That can be a huge problem because it can cause you to do things that you would not have otherwise, due to the flood of emotions. Sure, it feels good at the time, a release, but it can push you over the edge. It's potentially dangerous, but so are many other things. Too bad that most people never consider that music can affect them so strongly, as can movies and TV. They think that because it's "just a " that it doesn't matter. Your brain interprets those things as real, whether you label it whatever you consider it. That is why you react emotionally to it as if it were.

Shameless promotion: if you like what I had to say here, please see my links to my newest threads below.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I rember back in the day when NWA and Ice-T were the enemies of the FBI and the police.

I remember when they wanted to ban Ice-T's "Cop Killer" record. And it wasnt even Hip Hop. It was Punk Rock.

And they DID ban the 2 Live Crew. But it was overturned. Hooray for free speech!

If it wasnt for Luke and the 2 Live Crew fighting in court.

You may not have alot of things that you enjoy watching or listening to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join