It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

Seriously,its Entertainment.

Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.

Art isn't a conspiracy.

But Art,and Conspiracy filled Lyrics do sell . Lyrics sell,without the music. Hell,some rappers don't even write their own lyrics. Going down the rabbit hole is one thing,claiming every hole was made by the rabbit,is another.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

He just wants a scape goat as to why he became a criminal. Hip hop took the blame instead of personal responsibility.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

He just wants a scape goat as to why he became a criminal. Hip hop took the blame instead of personal responsibility.

Wow!

I have to remember that when I decide to drink and drive. Ill make sure I am listening to some Conway Twitty.

I could see it now. ALL Country music,is filled with depression. It MADE me drink and drive,your honor......

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I read it more as the more self destructive music is the more its promoted by the massively wealthy labels...

but I think also you had good points earlier in this thread and something went to your head and now you're just arguing for the sake of it...also ofwgkta... really? and you're lecturing others on hip hop/rap...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

not really feeling that coke analogy, replace diet coke with spring water and maybe it'll fly.

concious rap aka positive rap is not the same as rap which glorifies negative lifestyles but which may still be percieved as positive music, and at the end of the day its about integrity.

If wu tang are selling drugs and killing people and happen to be musicians and want to talk about their lives, who really cares? let them. but when its all bul# and fake and backed by labels to make a dollar at the expense of the minds of the youth then its wrong and needs to stop.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Wether this is true or not gangsta (c)rap is definately guilty of being boring, repetative, and crass

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Wether this is true or not gangsta (c)rap is definately guilty of being boring, repetative, and crass

ohhhh I get it "crap" rhymes with "rap".

You have rhyme skills.

you have the gift.

lol

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I never thought of that, well spotted. you sound butthurt

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
stupid thread. I guess people will read anything. theres already enough creap in the world. isn´t ATS about top secret stuff ???

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I'm 20 years old, grew up in the Bay Area and attended many freestyle battles in Oakland, even filming my friend perform. You dont have to buy anything, my life is my life. Ive been arrested multiple times for crimes that i now equate with rap. In jail, i made beats for older rappers using my hands because im very good at percussion. I met many rappers locked up and also many killers, gang members and bank robbers. I see how rap effects people. I blame my whole 6-month sentence on Eminem and Tupac. Seriously. My first rap album was The Eminem Show, and my best friend who was black, introduced me to Tupac. I never turned back.

Blame the fact that you are obviously spineless with no personal responsibility. Crimes I now equate with rap? I would equate it with being weakminded and a dumbass.

Wow, what a statement that you made there. Disgusting. Grow a pair and take your own responsibilty.

I've been listening to Em and Pac way longer and I didn't end up in prison, and if I did, I would not blame it on music, that is just so lame and weak.
edit on 28-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

What's wrong with ofwgkta?

They're funny and fresh.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There was a good discussion at the beginning of the thread, and then it seems like some one who has a motive to promote rap came on lowered the standard of the entire discussion.

I can believe the story. I also remember those who did speak out against how violent rap music was. They were highly criticized, called left wing nuts, fanatical Christian fundamentalists, and etc. No one stopped to even listen.

The parents started to listen, and took time to listen to what their kids were listening to when a series of cop killings occurred that had been related to some rap song about killing cops. I remember how it was all over the media and how bad this song was.

Music is a big influential part of our lives. Even more so with teens, since they listen over and over and over to the songs repeatedly. Even when they claim they don't know the lyrics, it has been proven that they can repeat them when given the first part and asked to finish it. I wish I remembered what I watched now. It was on TV way back when, and I never see it again since with the experiment with the teens.

There is an element of personal responsibility, but teens and young adults just out of their teenage years are not known to make the best decisions. They still have a lot of growing up to do.

Yes, this is an ATS topic. I also won't be surprised if these people visited the heavy metal industry as well as the rap industry. They need to fill the prisons now don't they?

Now I just need to learn more about these private prisons. I won't be surprised if they are just basically forced labor camps. They will do anything to keep the prisoners there longer after they are suppose to be released.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It was a good reading story but its a joke.. Any one really believes rap would turn children into criminals ?...
Thats the same story ever with rock'roll, heavy metal etc...

Fake story is Fake.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Kinda reads like a creative writing short story,
humm?
edit on 28-4-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

There was a good discussion at the beginning of the thread, and then it seems like some one who has a motive to promote rap came on lowered the standard of the entire discussion.

Ah, so it was a good dicussion when it was bashing rap, but as soon as people started to argue against it it suddenly became agenda driven, based on promoting rap, and lowered the standard of discussion in your opinion.

Can you get anymore biased?

What about the millions of kids listening to rap that never grow up to be criminals? Don't hear about them, only the bad stuff gets brought up.

It is insane to believe that rap is the cause of criminal behavior and full prisons, especially if it means that you ignore all the other aspects of society and politics that are causing it.

This is just scapegoat-ism in its purest form.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Seriously,its Entertainment.

Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.

Art isn't a conspiracy.

But Art,and Conspiracy filled Lyrics do sell . Lyrics sell,without the music. Hell,some rappers don't even write their own lyrics. Going down the rabbit hole is one thing,claiming every hole was made by the rabbit,is another.

very true sonny,
some holes are made by snakes!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
I'm 20 years old, grew up in the Bay Area and attended many freestyle battles in Oakland, even filming my friend perform. You dont have to buy anything, my life is my life. Ive been arrested multiple times for crimes that i now equate with rap. In jail, i made beats for older rappers using my hands because im very good at percussion. I met many rappers locked up and also many killers, gang members and bank robbers. I see how rap effects people. I blame my whole 6-month sentence on Eminem and Tupac. Seriously. My first rap album was The Eminem Show, and my best friend who was black, introduced me to Tupac. I never turned back.

that's funny, because...I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGoneWILD

Hah, I was just listening to Johnny Cash, a Boy named Sue.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Eminem - Not Afraid

"Yeah, it's been a ride
I guess I had to, go to that place, to get to this one
Now some of you, might still be in that place
If you're trying to get out, just follow me
I'll get you there"

Jee, I wonder what Eminem is talking about there.

He's my favourite artist and I can't even BELIEVE that Justin Bieber can come out of nowhere and surpass him in Youtube views. Last time I checked, he had 600 million views on his "Baby" song, while Eminem was 2nd behind with 450 million views.

And ever since this Justin kid popped up and got famous; all I'm seeing nowdays is a lot of little wannabe Biebers. Notice all those kids with their Bieber haircuts? I sure as hell do.

edit on 28-4-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Jee, I wonder what Eminem is talking about there.

What might that be?

And about Bieber, off course there is an evil marketing machine behind him, but every young girl in the world watched his vids, but in other age groups not everyone likes Eminem, or rap in the first place, and there are way more artists in that genre, Bieber is the only one in his genre.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join