It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sounds like they didn't get much hot sex when the couple was alive so the minute their spouse is dead their mental illness of being deprived a good sex life kicks in to treat their spouse like the dirty slut they've always wanted.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I wonder...let's say the wife signs in the will "I allow my husband to have sex with my dead body." At such time would it be acceptable?

To the parents, friends, etc. A lot of people get married to people whom their parents/friends do not approve, do we stop them?

So theoretically, would it be ok if the wife consents ahead of time?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Dude why are you judging me ?

Well "dude"...I am not judging you at all...I don't know you...I am judging your statement!

That has already proven to be errant in it's very existence!

"Consenting adults..." ...except one is dead and therefore can not consent!

"Adults..."...14 year old girl considered an adult to you? Might get you some time in prison to analyze your thought on adults!

Now...let's look a bit deeper...digging up a corpse is a crime...having sex with a corpse is a crime (In most countries)...but you see nothing wrong with it!

I find it odd and disgusting...but I understand you need to post something...so why not be the voice of the minority of people that think this is okay (who knows...might get you a bunch of stars
)...oh I know...thats not your point!

Ask yourself this...what about your wife...(let's pretend you have one...)...she is dead...why not let everyone have a go according to your logic...she won't know either way!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Originally posted by someguy0083

consenting adult*. You can't consent once you're dead

Who's talking about the dead adult ? Besides the consent of the women is not required by the muslims they have little more worth than livestock so a dead one is merely meat, what the hell difference to her does it make when she's up in some selestial theme park?

Wow.. seriously. Educate yourself and maybe meet a couple of Muslims and then come back and review you opinion. It is people like you that give your nation a bad name. I'm not a Muslim myself but know plenty of people who are. They are no different to me and they ALL respect their wives/ partners. It is not about being Muslim, it is about local cultures. You can't judge a whole religion because of how people from certain regions behave.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Nor can he be a victim, as he/she is legally dead.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just the idea of this is sickening, however, the article I read at a different website, has at the very bottom of the piece:-

"Although reported in local media, there are some suggestions from within Egypt that the plans do not exist and were merely seeded by journalists loyal to ousted President Hosni Mubarak. MailOnline has contacted the Egyptian Embassy and Consulate in London for comment on the claimed proposals, and is yet to receive a reply"

If this is NOT some hoax, it is a true abomination of humanity to try to legalise both Necrophilia & Pedophilia (since they want to lower the marriage age to 14) and should be stopped before it gets started.

Source here

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Nor can he be a victim, as he/she is legally dead.

Oh nice...a victimless crime...that make it okay!

I wonder if this girls family would agree with that logic?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Well, sex with a corpse may hurt the feelings of relatives
reply to post by Maslo

Not necassarily, in this case the immediate relativ is the husband and likely as not the same doctrine would apply to all the men. The women have no say in anything so no harm done.

As far as hygiene is concerned, well the bint isn't going to get that much dirtier an hour so post mortem plus we all know the benefits of using a condom.

SNIPPED CONTENT
edit on 27-4-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Oh nice...a victimless crime...that make it okay! I wonder if this girls family would agree with that logic?

Well, I already stated that necrophilia can be considered wrong because it emotionally hurts relatives and may lead to infections. Those are legitimate reasons. But lack of consent does not matter, because the person is already gone, so in this regard it is victimless.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

But lack of consent does not matter, because the person is already gone, so in this regard it is victimless.

Well I disagree...a two year old toddler can't consent either...but that will get you 25 to life!

Just because it is so morally wrong...like this case...I don't think consent has much to do with the simple fact that it is disgusting (ya...I'll use that word a lot)...and morally sickening!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Two old men were talking and one say's "how's the wife, Sam?" Sam says "Not good, I think she's dead!" The other guy says "why do you think that?"
Sam says "Well, the sex is the same but the dishes are piling up!"

Sorry, couldn't help it!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

plus we all know the benefits of using a condom.

We all (most of us anyway)...know the benefits of not screwing dead people too...your justification is moot!

You're not even making sense anymore!

before he goes out and kidnaps another wife

Are you reading what you are writing?

Let's validate it with some more crimes...huh?

edit on 27-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

is this one of those instances where they are working to pass a law and it focuses on one possible misuse of the law in order to discredit it?

cuz it sure sounds that way
edit on 27-4-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You can't judge a whole religion because of how people from certain regions behave.
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Yes we can, I am not to know which part of their relgious beliefs they may choose to cherry pick, It's in my interest to look at their worst commandments/rules etc and ask myself a very simple question.

If their godman told them to kill me would they do it ?

Of course I can never know the answer so for sake of self preservation it is best to assume the worst and treat anyone who beielieves this relgious nonsense of invisble men that live in the sky etc as my enemy.

We often find some otherwise very decent lovely people will do some of the most appalling things or defend the most insane reasoning because of a relgious belief.

How many millions of parents sufferd for so long after being told their dead child was in purgatory before the cathoilic church changed it's mind and decided purgatory didn't exist anymore ? What if the same church told them to have sex with corpses or even worse kill me ?
And what if the penalty for apostacy was the same as islam how safe would I feel ?

Defend people by all means, but retarded ideolagies and beliefs ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Finding it hard not to quote George Carlin here... "Have you ever seen a rat having sex with another dead rat? Of course not, only humans are that f***ed up!" "Have you ever seen a rooster go into the chicken coup and beat the crap out of all the hen's? Of course not!" I sure miss that guy...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Now...let's look a bit deeper...digging up a corpse is a crime...having sex with a corpse is a crime (In most countries)...but you see nothing wrong with it!

I didn't say I see nothing wrong with it I asked what is wrong with it big difference my friend. as you pointed out "In most " countries which would imply not all and that in some it is not wrong.

Many countries have different morals, I'm asking by what right do we dictate to another what is wrong when there is no one being harmed ?

If all the arab world suddenly decided that it was allah that inspired the nwe rule that it was fine to have sex with the dead wife, who are we to say it is wrong ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If all the arab world suddenly decided that it was allah that inspired the nwe rule that it was fine to have sex with the dead wife, who are we to say it is wrong ?

I can't say who we are to say it is wrong...I can say however...I say it is wrong!

If the all mighty Allah...(if that is your god)...says that you should be inspired to rape 2 year old children...should I not say that it is wrong?

Once again your logic fails to make sense!

And for the record...some countries lack laws entirely...but still have a solid moral value...goes without being written or enforced!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Did we forget about the Thai guy who supposedly married a corpse so quickly?

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Oh I don't know, this whole thing just doesn't shock me as it obviously does most people. If someone who is overcome with grief at the loss of a spouse and wants one final tender goodbye (and I'm sure it would be and not some wild tempestuous orgy) fair play, it's a private moment.
Given the option I doubt hubby and I would jump at the chance but I wouldn't feel offended by the prospect. If he wanted to worship my body one last time in his grief well fair play. I certainly couldn't look much paler than I already do anyhoo.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

.a two year old toddler can't consent either...but that will get you 25 to life!

says that you should be inspired to rape 2 year old children...should I not say that it is wrong?

This is where I disagree with your whole "consent" centered argument. Necrophilia is not at all comparable to rape or pedophilia. There is no victim. Also, necrophilia is often just a misdemeanor, rape is judged much more harshly. So yeah, I think it is wrong, but not because of any consent issues.

As for disgust, this is also a stupid argument, because something being "disgusting" is no grounds for a ban or any legal restrictions.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join