It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Egypt’s Islamist-dominated parliament is set to introduce a law allowing husbands to have sex with their dead wives up to six hours after death. Critics fear it highlights a trend of increasingly anti-female legislation since the Arab Spring. ­The “farewell Intercourse” bill was inspired by a Fatwa issued by a Moroccan cleric last year. Zamzami Abdul Bar said that since the two would meet in Heaven again anyway, death shouldn’t get in the way of one last post-mortem marital romp.

RT NEWS

I Know that Islam can come up with some very shocking laws and views but this!

This Is Just Wrong On So Many Levels!!!

Can anyone from any religion seriously justify actions such as this?

update
www.csmonitor.com...
edit on Sat Apr 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I try to embrace other religions and open my mind to different views, laws and ways of life but at times it can be so hard when situations like this occur.

I can think of nothing more vile and wrong in any civilised society than this.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Omg, is this for real?

Crazy. See where the Arabian Spring has led them and other countries.
edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ew, ew, ew, ew....

I love my wife, and if she died I would miss her.

Not that much though...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
To balance out the sexist claims women can also have the same rights with dead husbands.

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

Alarabiya.net

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
clinging to bodily attachments even when the soul passes on?

i've seen this in other regions than north africa and mideast.

i suppose raised in the tradition and superstitions - it is good luck or something?

just another example of how meaningful spirituality transcends oppressive, occultic nature of most religion

as far as the noble human element - and dignity

link   

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

Well that would have to be after Rigor Mortis sets in. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

link   
meh everyone should go out with a bang

I am not sure I but this whole story and the idea is personally repulsive to me but whatever its all about what you get taught.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
To balance out the sexist claims women can also have the same rights with dead husbands.

Alarabiya.net

And just exactly how does that work?

dare I say rigamortis??

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow
I'm trying to look at this in different ways but to be honest, I can't see this being very popular. Just because a law is there doesn't mean that many will participate. What if the wife died a gruesome death and terribly dismangled? Sorry to be blunt, but the man wouldnt even be able to get an erection. I want to believe that these men will probably have enough respect for their wives and the human "sympathy" emotion that we all have inside prevails in a time like this.

I know things are handled in a different way over there in the Middle East (such as stoning a wife if she cheats, etc) so who knows... This is just way too much.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Umm... Wow... Egypt was one of the leading nations on Earth for culture, society and heritage just 1 year ago. How FAST they've fallen into the gutter when a headline like this is what the World Press finds worth talking about for one of the oldest cultures.
Sad times and dark days.....

If they want to practice necrophilia and codify it into their national law though, I say they can do that without U.S. aid of any kind, going forward. Nothing punitive...but we shouldn't be supporting what is so patently offensive. Every nation has the right to give or not give...and to me, this is enough to make that a NOT GIVE kind of choice. Well, this and a few other things....but this is just over the top for Western taxpaying, aid giving folk to have to tolerate.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What?!!

That is crazy sounding!

I thought honoring the dead was extremely important...how is sex with it ok? Maybe they don't want to do that....creepy!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The really weird part is that some people actually sat around and thought
hey there needs to be a law about necrophilia with a dead wife! I mean wtf, did they
figure this out over coffee or what lol

Its mind boggling what law makers come up with when they got nothing but time to write
laws.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
One of the biggest collaborators with the Masons, I mean why else have they taken the name of English currency as their own? Why else are their national treasures all over the world? Why else was Mubarrak left in power for so long by the Western elite? They only started talking about freedom and equality in Egypt when the people finally dared to raise their voices. Before that they didn't give a flying ##snipped## about the citizens of Egypt.

and now the next puppet government makes a move to increase the Islamophobia in the world.

Come on... are you people truly that naive to think that a government does not know the consequences of trying to pass such a law? Their own people are rising against this, you think they didn't foresee this?

This has nothing to do with Islam, this is the move of a Masonic controlled government
edit on Fri Apr 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

And there you have it, right there - civilized people don't legalize necrophilia nor condone it.

And as far as I know, even animals don't shag dead bodies.

These people are as far removed from being civilized as you can imagine.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I try to embrace other religions and open my mind to different views, laws and ways of life but at times it can be so hard when situations like this occur.

Understand totally, I just dont know about this, not to mention the health concerns? Wonders if this effects the incubus or sucubus influences.

Necrophilia, also called thanatophilia or necrolagnia, is the sexual attraction to corpses. It is classified as a paraphilia by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association. The word is artificially derived from the ancient Greek words: νεκρός (nekros; "dead") and φιλία (philia; "love"). The term appears to have originated from Krafft-Ebing's 1886 work Psychopathia Sexualis.[1]
Rosman and Resnick (1989) reviewed information from 34 cases of necrophilia describing the individuals' motivations for their behaviors: these individuals reported the desire to possess an unresisting and unrejecting partner (68%), reunions with a romantic partner (21%), sexual attraction to corpses (15%), comfort or overcoming feelings of isolation (15%), or seeking self-esteem by expressing power over a homicide victim (12%).[2]

Singular accounts of necrophilia in history are sporadic, though written records suggest the practice was present within Ancient Egypt. Herodotus writes in The Histories that, to discourage intercourse with a corpse, ancient Egyptians left deceased beautiful women to decay for "three or four days" before giving them to the embalmers.[3][4][5]
In some societies the practice was enacted owing to a belief that the soul of an unmarried woman would not find peace; among the Kachin of Myanmar, versions of a marriage ceremony were held to lay a dead virgin to rest, which would involve intercourse with the corpse. Similar practices existed in some pre-modern Central European societies when a woman who was engaged to be married died before the wedding.[citation needed]

Acts of necrophilia are reportedly displayed on Moche artifacts of Peru. It was reportedly used as a method to communicate with the dead.[6][7] See also: Necromancy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Wow
I'm trying to look at this in different ways but to be honest, I can't see this being very popular. Just because a law is there doesn't mean that many will participate. What if the wife died a gruesome death and terribly dismangled? Sorry to be blunt, but the man wouldnt even be able to get an erection. I want to believe that these men will probably have enough respect for their wives and the human "sympathy" emotion that we all have inside prevails in a time like this.

I know things are handled in a different way over there in the Middle East (such as stoning a wife if she cheats, etc) so who knows... This is just way too much.

I have also tried to look at it in a different way, to try and understand what purpose this would serve.
I have looked at it from every angle including how I would feel after the death of my wife but no matter which angle I view this from I just can't justify these actions in my mind.
I don't think it's just because I have western views either it's just not right.

Btw the man supporting this proposed law is also recommending this

Along with the rather grim “farewell Intercourse” draft law, parliament is also set to approve legislation that would allow girls as young as 14 to get married.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yesterday we had a G Spot found in an 83 year old deceased Polish woman, today this....
Coincidence?

Maybe they all got carried away with the idea of Post Death Orgasm after all.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This brings the taste of vomit to my mouth..I'm unable to continue this post as I'm off to

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Couldn't agree more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join