It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

People like you I suppose will believe what they want regardless of who says anything concerning it.

I consider that a rude and attacking remark.

I truly don't know what to believe because the only person I know in Cairo has moved and he and his wife are English.

Now, any Egyptians out there care to comment?

Jameela, this is a discussion to learn, to grow...............again your remark was attacking.

I only brought what information I have to the table.

What we really need is to speak with some real people that were born into and live in Egypt and know the culture.

We get half news, twisted news, manipulated news................has gotten to the point of not knowing who to believe unless you go right to the source.

And again, try to play nice, don't be a troll or cyber bully.

You do not know me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I did not attack you, I simply stated a truth! Majority find something to attack and the truth matters not. Your sarcasm was just as cutting, because you are more willing to believe this sickness is true than to admit it is a falsification. The Egyptian Embassy released a statement, which is not good enough for you.

I linked you to an Egyptian blogger in my previous post who spoke from Egypt. But on this board there are no Egyptians to my knowledge.

As far as what was going through parliament in Egypt, the only true part of the Egyptian story was that a law is being discussed in parliament making it legal for a girl to marry at the age of 14. This lowering of the age for marriage is what is being protested currently by Egyptian women's rights groups.

If you want to discuss that part and demonize all of Islam for it your more than welcome! However, at least keep the demonizing to things that are actually true. That is all I ask.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

If The Egyptian Embassy released a statement saying this is indeed not true than it is a hoax and the thread should be closed.

A blogger from Egypt should also be considered a reliable source.

Thank you for bringing this information to light.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thread closed.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Tue May 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join