It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I don't care what your religion and beliefs are, that is just morbid and wrong on so many levels.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
oh well, the west wasn't happy with Mubarak.
now look what you got
just what you paid for

Thanks to the NDAA American troops now can have sex with beasts in the baraks

look a like ever body gittin some...how bout you?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

it makes perfect sense. they have no respect for women when they are alive, so why should they have any for them when they are dead? i don't care who it is, having intercourse w/a corpse is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Have spoken to several women in the poltiical know inside Egypt..this post and suposed law is a RUMOR.

If it prooves not to be anytime soon..I will repost.

Ro.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

In that, you are wrong. Animals do indeed, shag dead bodies. the first case of homosexual necrophila was witnessed in mallards. A large mallard chased around a smaller mallard, until the smaller mallard flew into a window and died. The large mallard was then witnessed repeatedly raping the smaller mallards dead corpse for the span of 75 minutes. Leave it to me to know this, all I have to say is I thank good 'ol Scribd for enabling me to find a book on necrophelia. An interesting read to say the least....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

To be honest this doesn't really surprise me (as bad as that may sound!), religion in general seems to make people say and do irrational and sometimes dangrous things. If you think about it this isn't as bad as deploying a suicide bomb or abusing a child, still, it's not on really is it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The number of stories being reported and turning out to be rumor or outright hoax is getting disturbing. I don't mean people here at ATS, I mean these sources aren't 2nd rate blog sites. These hoaxes and rumors are being carried by sources I've considered to be half way reliable to read through as news.

That deserves a story all it's own, I'm starting to think...as several in this thread have called this a hoax or rumor.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the priests were often shunned because of their job, and also they smelled bad. sometimes a dead female was the only one they could get. the people of the time were just as disgusted by the practice as we are today.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Apparently many people have jumped on the Bandwagon. I HIGHLY doubt this is not a hoax or a rumor. Because I am fairly certain in Islamic belief, even touching a dead person makes you unclean, and subject to cleansing yourself. they go out of their way to avoid that if they can. And one thing is for certain, a Muslim adheres to their beliefs. No matter what. So yes. I label this a hoax.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

You make a great point on that and I'm just not sure myself. Not with Islam as a whole. Considering your words and others saying similar things, this does really strike me as odd now that the first reaction to the story has worn off.

However, if I'm not terribly mistaken here, some of the ugliest crap committed by the Jihadi radicals in Iraqi and other areas..and going back a few decades to be realistic about things...are also something less than condoned by the teachings of the Book. Any of the major faiths. So... Hearing another really over-the-top insane thing like this come out from the radical groups moving to control that whole region right now wouldn't necessarily leave me in disbelief.

After all..some of this radical thinking is what considers such acts as homosexuality and being the victim of rape subject to stoning or prison in places like Iran, right? I've never considered those extreme interpretations to be representative of the 1+ billion Believers world wide.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

it's hard to get aroused when you've had your clitoris removed for a "female circumcision"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been raised before, but I'm wondering if we should be reading this strange bit of news in a different kinda way. Assuming first off that it isn't some sort of hoax, is there a slim chance that perhaps the law has been given life (excuse the pun) to avoid legal repercussions against those that might commit the act? Now don't get me wrong - I haven't had the chance to visit Egypt and have very little knowledge of their government or of Islam in general - but perhaps there is a significant enough cross section of society over there that sees the males of a marriage commit this act out of psychological dysfunction or antiquated beliefs? Perhaps the law is there to simply protect the unfortunate who perform something so sickening, i.e. person freaks out that wife is dead - goes into a strange state of shock which leads to an uncontrollable urge to have sex for any known number of illogical reasonings. In Western cultures of course we would throw them in a cell or a hospital for the criminally insane, but who knows? Maybe over there they're willing to give the grieving husband the benefit of the doubt, and thus have created this law to avoid legal prosecutions and long term effects on the persons life.
Just thinking out loud with the keyboard.....
I can't imagine that, by creating the law, husbands are now going to insist on a final act of sexual intercourse post death simply because the law says they can. I can imagine, however, that people with strong and strange religious beliefs have always done things that others might find odd or simply disgusting. With this law, if they are caught having intercourse with a corpse that was once his wife, it will not result in a prison sentence...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Who in the right god damned mind would want to shag right after such an awful experience?

I can imagine the scene...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Who ever said Islam was not progressive?

IRM

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
eeeewwww!!!!!

second line: EEEEEWWW!!

Some religious wingnuts are réally off their rockers, to say the least. Weirdness-meter topping-out at "beyond measuring & registration"*tilt*..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
Very good point....It doesn't seem to be an example of a law thats 'anti-female'

Nope. Not at all. It's not 'anti-female', it's just 'pro-dead female'.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Wow, nobody has looked into the legitimacy of the story for themselves?

It is garbage, Egyptians and Muslims don't have sex with dead people so why would there need to be a law about it? No sane politician would try to introduce such a law in Egypt, it would be political suicide.

What's pathetic is that some users actually try to use this nonsense as a stick to beat Muslims over the head with. You seriously think Islam allows necrophilia?

Having looked into it further, it is likely that it was made up and planted by Mubarak supporters. Thats what Egyptians say anyway.

The story is only really covered by tabloids - who all have the exact same story with the exact same details. Its clear they all lifted it from an Egyptian source, who made it up.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
man thats just demented !!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I never post here on ATS. I only read. But being a muslim, I just have to this time! I can't believe how a news agency could post something so absurd! But worse than this is that some people (or most?) are thinking this could be true! I thought ATS was all about denying ignorance yet you blindly believed something that was posted on a news website?

For those of you who are not ignorant, an excerpt from islam.about.com... regarding Islam and Funerals.

Muslims strive to bury the deceased as soon as possible after death, avoiding the need for embalming or otherwise disturbing the body of the deceased. An autopsy may be performed, if necessary, but should be done with the utmost respect for the dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join